Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,822 members, 7,851,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:13 AM

APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. (1690 Views)

Saraki Meets Nigerian Union Of Journalists / Femi Kayode Reacts To ''Nigeria To Become 34th Member Of Muslim Nation'' / Maritime Workers Union Of Nigeria Shut Ports Operations Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by Ikengawo: 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
Our very own CRAMJONES aka Femi Fani Kayode illustrated it well with these unanswered statistics...

......To add to Oladeji’s concerns permit me to point out the fact that in the APC-controlled Lagos State today 80 per cent of State House of Assembly members are muslim, 80 per cent of Local Government Area Chairmen are muslim, 80 per cent of National Assembly members are muslim and 80 per cent of Commissioners and key government functionaries are muslim.

All this in a state that has an overwhelming christian majority and that has been governed by a muslim governor for the last 15 years. I will not even go into the affairs of the APC-controlled Osun state which is slowly being turned into a Taliban enclave and which is a place in which Christians are fast becoming second class citizens. Should anyone be surprised or alarmed by all this? I don’t think so. It is a well-orchestrated, well-thought out, well-designed and well-implemented agenda.

That is the APC for you. With them you will never see what you will get until it is too late. They are very good at using religion to achieve their objectives and at playing double games. And of course propaganda and the manipulation of the mass media is their forte. They implement their hidden agenda by guile, stealth, deceit and subterfuge and they prey on our sense of fair play, generosity and magnanimity. In short they have taken us all for granted and they have mistaken our genuine sense of liberalism and the desire to accommodate other schools of thought and perspectives as weakness and stupidity..........

Source: http://.com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/1024-femi-fani-kayode-some-hard-questions-for-the-buharists

I used to wonder what common ground does a Fashola, a Buhari and a Tinubu have that they can unite and call themselves 'progressives' and imply ideological links. Lord knows PDP doesn't pretend it's members are ideologically similar...... until I realized what APC is trying to get the country to 'progress' towards...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by lekkie073(m): 5:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
and GMB

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by Firefire(m): 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
I do not like argument along the religion line... but APC is bull*shit composition. embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by Firefire(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
I do not like argument along the religion line... but APC is bull*shi*t composition. embarassed

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by Ikengawo: 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
I don't either, but you have to call a spade a spade. We can't keep pretending that APC's extreme anger towards Jonathan, religious composition, insistence of a muslim ruling, threats of violence, and obvious coordination and sympathy with boko haram isn't something worth raising alarm over especially when these are fragile times in the country's history. We need to have an open and mature discussion about this because it's going beyond coincidence. Femi Fani Kayode has never been my favorite, but he's right this time.

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
I hope those who are old enough will remember that MKO Abiola was a Shariah advocate and that his Vice Presidential candidate was also Muslim. Despite that, he enjoyed overwhelming support from Nigerians across the divide. That will show you that those who want to use religion to divide are doing so to fulfil a set agenda. To me what matters most is economics and not religion; not even politics.

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by benega: 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
Buhari wan islamize naila, its clear as day
Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by Adetula1(m): 6:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
in patrick's ogbas... voice ' its visible to the blind'
Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by Mogidi: 6:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
APC is "progressing" towards an Islamic caliphate.

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by Ikengawo: 7:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
kITATITA:
I hope those who are old enough will remember that MKO Abiola was a Shariah advocate and that his Vice Presidential candidate was also Muslim. Despite that, he enjoyed overwhelming support from Nigerians across the divide. That will show you that those who want to use religion to divide are doing so to fulfil a set agenda. To me what matters most is economics and not religion; not even politics.

I'm sorry but this was when Nigeria was completely and totally dominated by muslims from ground to bottom. After the war igbos were out of the equations, south south was out of the equation. All that was left were Yoruba and Fulani and the Fulani selected the muslims among the yoruba to promote and among those were MKO Abiola. Now that Nigeria has found balance and can accommodate for both religions, those that were benefiting most for our past imbalance were the ones that are the most upset that a christian from the south south can be president and his vice president a moderate muslim.

We have never had the argument of christian-christian presidency, it's always muslim-muslim that comes up every election...why? are we not equals?

7 Likes

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by manutdadex(m): 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
ApC don finish dem selves! I pity dem! In as much as pdp is full of shit but Apc na soak away
Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by SamIkenna: 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
kITATITA:

Wake up. These times are different. We live in post 9\11, post Danish cartoon, post Al Qaeda, post....I might as well list some of the 'post' Islamic terror timeline.

Here it is, we live in post:
9\11
Danish cartoon
Al Qaeda
Taliban
Al shabbab
ISIS
Boko haram
Ansaru
Al Qaeda in Maghreb
Hausa-Fulani Sharia imposition
Akaluka beheading
Oluwatosin roasting
Miss Universe Riot
Reinhard Bonnke Riot
Madalla bomb blast
Fulani extermination of Berom
Implosion of once peaceful Jos due to Muslem Hausa-Fulani
All of Middle Belt on the brink
Over 15000 Nigerians dead in the last 5 years, thanks to Boko Haram.
80% of Chibok Christian girls taken hostage by Muslim terrorists
Churches in the core north are on the brink

What you see above (the ones that took place in Nigeria) are just the tip of the whole mess (all initiated and perpetrated by Nigerian Muslims.)

Its important we all realize that even though Nigeria has always been a religious hot-spot, the introduction of Sharia with no regard for non-muslims aggravated the problem. There are many states in the north that had huge population of Christians who were sons of the soil yet it didn't stop Arewas from imposing sharia on those non-muslims - that's an issue Nigerians like to overlook. Arewa imposed religious laws on non-adherents yet we let them get away with it, now Boko Haram is trying to replicate it Nigeria-wide.

So, when people say religion didn't matter during MKO time its either they're naive or they're playing dumbo.

Nigeria is moving towards dissolution and I would not be surprised if it had anything to do with unrestrained Islamic onslaught on all of us.

3 Likes

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by gists: 7:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
kITATITA:

Let them continue my brother. It is to their own disadvantage. Most SEners are only concerned about today. Just a few can see beyond the immediate present. When the general presidential election comes, I hope these f00ls will not try to woo the vast majority of muslim voters in the north.

Instead of campaigning with the so-called achievement of the C'n'C (Corruption-In-Chief), you guys are busy playing religion card in politics. Why am I not surprised since PDP has absolutely nothing to offer.

BTW: 100% of SE PDP governors are Christians and combined with the fact PDP will bring a christian presidential candidate and also that under this pdp/christian regime, 1000s of lives have been lost with the majority being northern Muslims - Perfect reason why the Muslim north will reject PDP/christian candidate.

THIS IS CALLING ALL NORTHERN MUSLIMS TO REJECT PDP/candidate grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by nonsom(m): 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
APC GOVERNORS ARE PROGRESSIVE GOVERNORS. THY ARE GOVERNORS WHO REJECTED CORRUPTION AND BELIEVED THAT NIGERIA MUST BE BETTER

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by gists: 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ever wonder the ealiest time a South Easterner can taste presidency? 2023 at the earliest. South East - Full of political "mis-calculators" since time immemorial grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by michelz: 8:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
Whosoever says that Religion is not an important factor to be considered in a nation's politics in these days is just living in a fool's paradise. All over the world,with the current happenings,people and governments are realizing the dangers of having Religion extremists and fanatics in positions of authority. No matter how it is twisted with logic and ''sophistication'',Religion is one of the things that defines one's character,and will go a long way in affecting one's policies. That said,if any body/party is touted as being a fanatic or extremist,particularly,in a nation such as Nigeria,then the person/party should never be allowed to hold any key position of Authority. So many Nigerians desire a change in the country-positively,but APC so far has not shown that they are the needed alternative. Even the seemingly strongest supporters of GEJ,the S/E people,SS would gladly vote for the opposition if only they(the opposition) would show that they are the better alternative. The ball lies in the court of the opposition.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by tit(f): 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
Mislims are good wokers and honest administrators.
No hating.
Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by Ikengawo: 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
"Gists"

SE is a political party?
Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by opiaoku: 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
nonsom:
APC GOVERNORS ARE PROGRESSIVE GOVERNORS. THY ARE GOVERNORS WHO REJECTED CORRUPTION AND BELIEVED THAT NIGERIA MUST BE BETTER

like fayemi debts okorocha scam project aregbe huge loan

mr man dont talk rubish again here or
you go collect your own package of "otu nne i"

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by opiaoku: 8:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
gists:
Ever wonder the ealiest time a South Easters can taste presidency? 2023 at the earliest. South East - Full of political "mis-calculators" since time immemorial grin grin grin

otu nne i miscalculate cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by gists: 8:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
opiaoku:

otu nne i miscalculate cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

E pain you reach like this? Pele olori buruku omo ale jati jati ikeji aja
Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by masseratti: 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
The truth is that you guys are really annoying we Yoruba Christians,it won't work we don't have problem with whatever our leaders worship,trust me most of Yoruba people wish they can swear on their inauguration with Ogun and not bible or Quran.

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by gists: 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ikengawo:
"Gists"

SE is a political party?

Where did I suggest SE is a political party?
I am pretty sure you know what SE means. Read my post again with calmer head this time. I am sure you will get the message.
Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by Ikengawo: 9:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
gists:

Where did I suggest SE is a political party?
I am pretty sure you know what SE means. Read my post again with calmer head this time. I am sure you will get the message.

you said all the governors of the SE, a culturally based geographic zone were all christian in comparison to APC being all muslim. Either the comparison is implying the SE is a political party or APC is a geographic zone. Which one is it?
Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by enugwunno: 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
gists:
Ever wonder the ealiest time a South Easterner can taste presidency? 2023 at the earliest. South East - Full of political "mis-calculators" since time immemorial grin grin grin
good the north have been there all along how have it benefited the common people up there so the SE and every other part that have ruled or is in power now are still the same so it doesn't really matter the issue is that whenever they get it they will also loot Nigeria dry like every other region is doing now
Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by bodejohn(m): 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dear friends, I think it is a pity that we allow ourselves to be divided along religious and ethinic lines by our gullible leaders...

In as much as I do not casting aspersions on past leaders, what exactly has the average nigerian benefited from the 10 to 12years of a christian in the leadership seat of our country?

I cannot even see any visible difference in the style of governance in states where both religions have had a shot at the helms of affairs... example is oyo state where I live and work

Even in states where the leadership has changed from christians to muslims or vice versa, there are semblance of outright rejection of the incumbents by the people...

The earlier we see that our political leaders are feeding fat on our gullibility along religious and ethinic lines the better we will be for it...

It is even laughable when you see Nigerians who complain about religion run to countries that are religiously inclined for medical tourisms and vacation...

I have no sympathy for any political organisation or party and I also care less about the religion or tribe of any elected office holder, my campaing and conviction is that a failure in a first tenure in office deserves no second chance!!!
Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by ibedun: 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
Notice that all the commentators here are Yanmirin.

I wonder who is fooling whom.
Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by opiaoku: 6:15am On Nov 04, 2014
gists:

E pain you reach like this? Pele olori buruku omo ale jati jati ikeji aja

otu nne i jati jati

afo nsi
afo sagbuo nne i na nna i

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 04, 2014
Sometimes i really wonder the kind of pathetic people the Muslims in PDP are undecided I mean are they honestly gonna just sit and watch their fellow
PDP members constantly attacking Islam/Muslims just so they can win Elections? Oh well i guess they chose worldly desires over their faith, very well then.
Re: APC Is A Union Of Muslim Governors. by BlackPikiN(m): 12:25am On Nov 05, 2014
If religion is not important as some people want us to believe, why are there no Muslim/muslim or Christian/Christian govenor in the SW states ehh And I'm not sure there have been any arrangement without the two religion sharing power in the SW, but for presidency una wan use wayo like say people no dey think.

When Tinubu was changing his deputy like chopping chew gum, why didn't he use a Muslim as his deputy to see the reaction of Lagosians.

(1) (Reply)

Abia State: 16 Years Of PDP Rule And This Is The Outcome / ***** Top E-warriors In Political Section - Their Rating ***** / Online Poll Between Gej And Gmb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.