Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

It’s So Cold In The Midwest In The US That Boiling Water Instantly Turns To ‘sno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s So Cold In The Midwest In The US That Boiling Water Instantly Turns To ‘sno (651 Views)

Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer / In Sambisa Men Took Turns To Have Me,now I'm Pregnant / Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo Before The Invasion Of The Midwest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s So Cold In The Midwest In The US That Boiling Water Instantly Turns To ‘sno by Jolad007(m): 10:26am On Jan 07, 2014
In case you didn’t know this already, it’s freakin’ freezing in the Midwest.

Need proof? In a video uploaded to YouTube on Monday, meteorologist Eric Holthaus makes boiling water transform into “snow” in Wisconsin.

“Holthaus demonstrates what happens when you toss a pot of boiling water into the sky when it is -21 degrees Fahrenheit with a wind chill of -51 degrees Fahrenheit,” the YouTube video description reads. It also notes that the clip was shot Monday in Viroqua, Wis.

Meteorologists warned of ”life-threatening” weather in many areas as a “polar vortex” of freezing air descended on the country Monday. In midwestern cities like Chicago, St. Louis, and Milwaukee, schools were closed and residents were cautioned to stay indoors, the Associated Press reported.

This isn’t the first time in recent days that someone has videotaped what happens when boiling water meets extreme cold. Last week an amateur scientist in South Porcupine, Ontario, posted a video on YouTube that showed him shooting hot water into the freezing cold air with a water gun.

As in Holthaus’ video, the hot water turned from liquid form into a white, snowlike mist.

Re: It’s So Cold In The Midwest In The US That Boiling Water Instantly Turns To ‘sno by eduson33(m): 10:31am On Jan 07, 2014
hmm
Re: It’s So Cold In The Midwest In The US That Boiling Water Instantly Turns To ‘sno by ImperialYoruba: 10:31am On Jan 07, 2014
grin im looking at your map wisconsin is like sitting where bauchi is sitting on map of nigeria. That is midwest to you? grin grin

So what is california? south south?
Re: It’s So Cold In The Midwest In The US That Boiling Water Instantly Turns To ‘sno by LilBRightTMc(m): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2014
When I saw this on CNN I was shocked, they advised people to stay indoors coz it can freeze someone within 5mins outside
Re: It’s So Cold In The Midwest In The US That Boiling Water Instantly Turns To ‘sno by 1stola: 10:57am On Jan 07, 2014
OK. Make una enjoy am. I love Cold drinks tongue
Re: It’s So Cold In The Midwest In The US That Boiling Water Instantly Turns To ‘sno by Slizbeat(m): 11:49am On Jan 07, 2014
ImperialYoruba: grin im looking at your map wisconsin is like sitting where bauchi is sitting on map of nigeria. That is midwest to you? grin grin

So what is california? south south?

California is west even without any means of map, if you have a clear memory of what the U.S looks like. Though i'd prefer it be South-West.

And as for Wisconsin, it looks North-Central to me though due to its proximity to Minnesota. These few areas are always too cold during winter in the U.S

Even at Texas, the side-mirror of a friend of mine' car got iced. His water inside the car with all windows locked was iced also and stocked there.

(1) (Reply)

Kwara Gov., Abdulfatah Ahmed, Bukola Saraki In N2bn Money Laundering Scandal / Guber Poll;jonathan Visits Osun On Saturday / Tambuwal Congratulates Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.