Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

"What's Wrong With Catholics?" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "What's Wrong With Catholics?" (4199 Views)

Rick Warren’s Call For Christians To Unite With Catholics, ‘holy Father’ Raising / The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by italo: 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
To be born again is to be baptized (born of water and Spirit)...shikena.

It is not to go in front of the "church" and say "bla bla"
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2014
italo: To be born again is to be baptized (born of water and Spirit)...shikena.

So could you kindly explain how the baptism is done? Do you also baptize babies?
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2014
Bidam: So could you kindly explain how the baptism is done? Do you also baptize babies?

They do o! They baptise babies without teaching the babies the theories of Baptism or the effectiveness of the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus.
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by italo: 3:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
Bidam: So could you kindly explain how the baptism is done? Do you also baptize babies?

Could you kindly tell me why you ask these questions...instead of telling what you think being born again is?
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by italo: 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
ledafaze:

They do o! They baptise babies without teaching the babies the theories of Baptism or the effectiveness of the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus.

And you condemn that?
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
ledafaze:

So if your church member dies before receiving any type of baptism (according to this thread),na straight ticket to hell o
You guys must be really sending your members to hell by this theory.
Una sorry o, I cant help you

N.B I have a priest friend who told me that once in a while he has people from other denominations bringing their infants for baptism(to be on a safe side). You guys are so so confused, I tell ya
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by mbaemeka(m): 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
I thank my God that not all Roman Catholics I know are of the sort that we obtain here on NL. They are born again, tongue talking, seed sowing, disease healing, demon casting christians preaching the word. Of course I have heard or seen them do a few things that are inconsistent with the truth about Gods word but I thank God at least the scales are falling off. Very soon they would comprise of an assembly of powerful christians waiting for the rapture. Afterall Jesus said he isn't going to come back for a feeble praying to angels, bowing to mary statue, the Pope is infallible church.
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
italo:

Could you kindly tell me why you ask these questions...instead of telling what you think being born again is?

Are you saying a baptized baby is born again?
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
ledafaze:

I trust they do and that is why italo's answer will go a long way to settle issues here.
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by italo: 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
Bidam: Are you saying a baptized baby is born again?

Are you saying he/she isnt?
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by italo: 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
mba emeka: I thank my God that not all Roman Catholics I know are of the sort that we obtain here on NL. They are born again, tongue talking, seed sowing, disease healing, demon casting christians preaching the word. Of course I have heard or seen them do a few things that are inconsistent with the truth about Gods word but I thank God at least the scales are falling off. Very soon they would comprise of an assembly of powerful christians waiting for the rapture. Afterall Jesus said he isn't going to come back for a feeble praying to angels, bowing to mary statue, the Pope is infallible church.

Please translate to English Language.

1 Like

Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by mbaemeka(m): 6:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
italo:
Please translate to English Language.

Move along. It is too high for you.
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by PastorOluT(m): 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2014

Wrong, to be bornagain simply means to be born of water=word and the Spirit=HolySpirit. Meditate on these scriptures if u will Ephesians 5:25, John 17:17, James 1:21, 1Peter 1:23 amidst so many other scriptures. And if u will u can check my thread, so much NL xtians!
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by babestell(f): 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2014
Pastor Olu T:

Wrong, to be bornagain simply means to be born of water=word and the Spirit=HolySpirit. Meditate on these scriptures if u will Ephesians 5:25, John 17:17, James 1:21, 1Peter 1:23 amidst so many other scriptures. And if u will u can check my thread, so much NL xtians!

How is that different from what bros italo said
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by italo: 8:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
Bidam: I trust they do and that is why italo's answer will go a long way to settle issues here.

Maybe you need to start giving answers too.
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by PastorOluT(m): 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2014
babestell:

How is that different from what bros italo said

Did u read the post? It has nothing to do with water baptism, the water there means the WORD!

If one dont know the basics of xtianity then ow can they go into "weightier matters"?

1 Like

Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by PastorOluT(m): 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
italo:

Maybe you need to start giving answers too.

Have u given answers urself? U pretended as if u didn't see my post.

1 Like

Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by try69: 11:39pm On Jan 08, 2014
mba emeka: I thank my God that not all Roman Catholics I know are of the sort that we obtain here on NL. They are born again,
Please oga how is one born again? Rather, who is a born again?

mba emeka:
tongue talking, seed sowing, disease healing, demon casting christians preaching the word.

Do all these guarantee salvation?

mba emeka: [s]
Of course I have heard or seen them do a few things that are inconsistent with the truth about Gods word but I thank God at least the scales are falling off. Very soon they would comprise of an assembly of powerful christians waiting for the rapture. Afterall Jesus said he isn't going to come back for a feeble praying to angels, bowing to mary statue, the Pope is infallible church. [/s]

Go play somewhere
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by mbaemeka(m): 12:18am On Jan 09, 2014
try69:
Please oga how is one born again? Rather, who is a born again?

You cannot be a "born again" but you can be "born again". To be born again is to receive the life of God into you. That life supplants the human life that you had at birth. This is what the bible refers to as the recreated human spirit. It is what Jesus meant by being born of the water- the word and the spirit- the holy spirit. This life is indestructible. The greek for it is zoe. I doubt you would know what it is because it is not taught in seminaries.

One gets born again by believing in ones heart that Jesus died in their stead and confessing with ones mouth that he resurrected to justify their salvation. That is the bible ordained way. Romans 10:9-10. Water baptism can only happen after this proclamation is made because water baptism is just an outward showing. It is not even a water sprinkling as some believe. The word baptizo refers to an immersion in water but that's for another day.

try69:
Do all these guarantee salvation?

NO they don't guarantee salvation anymore than praying a rosary, bowing to a statue or begging angels will. But if one desires to live the successful christian life he must have them at his beck and call. They're the signs that one truly has Gods spirit resident in them. The religious mind can never grasp this.

try69:
Go play somewhere

I didn't write this for you. I gather that there are a lot of guests that will view this and learn. I have already stated that I have a lot of Catholic friends that are doing mighty things for God. The few of you here assembling a resistance are part of the ignorant and powerless minority.

Brace yourself.

1 Like

Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by italo: 7:01am On Jan 09, 2014
Pastor Olu T:

Did u read the post? It has nothing to do with water baptism, the water there means the WORD!

If one dont know the basics of xtianity then ow can they go into "weightier matters"?

So says Pastor Olu T, not Jesus.
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by italo: 7:09am On Jan 09, 2014
Pastor Olu T:

Have u given answers urself? U pretended as if u didn't see my post.

Let's see if you have been reading the thread or not...

That was my answer to the fundamental question from the OP: "What does it mean to be born again?"

Now can you show me where Bidam attempted that question, Mr Bias?
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by italo: 7:14am On Jan 09, 2014
Pastor Olu T:

Nowhere in those verses does it say that "water=word."

Stop the desperation.

1 Like

Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by babestell(f): 7:53am On Jan 09, 2014
Pastor Olu T:

Ephesians 5:25: Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,
John 17:17: Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth
James 1:21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls
1Peter 1:23: having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides foreve
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by Syncan(m): 8:00am On Jan 09, 2014
italo:

Stop the desperation.

Bro, I tire for these people o. Even Jesus clear words are forced to mean something else. Lets take a look.

Jesus : Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Lets see if the disciples understood water as water or something else.

Philip :And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? Note that Philip had been feeding him the word,and must have told him the necessity of baptism with water to evoke such exclamation.

Paul : And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by italo: 10:36am On Jan 09, 2014
^^^

And to think he calls himself "pastor" - 'shepherd!'

You really do worry for his "sheep."
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2014
try69:

OP pls

1. WHAT IS BORN AGAIN?

2. WHO IS BORN AGAIN?

3. IS EVERY BAPTISED XTIAN "BORN AGAIN"?

4. HOW IS AN XTIAN DIFFRENT FROM A "BORN AGAIN"?

5. ARE CATHOLIC XTIANS?

You may get the answers to your questions here: --> www.NeedGod.com
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by try69: 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
mba emeka:
You cannot be a "born again" but you can be "born again". To be born again is to receive the life of God into you. That life supplants the human life that you had at birth. This is what the bible refers to as the recreated human spirit. It is what Jesus meant by being born of the water- the word and the spirit- the holy spirit. This life is indestructible. The greek for it is zoe. I doubt you would know what it is because it is not taught in seminaries.

One gets born again by believing in ones heart that Jesus died in their stead and confessing with ones mouth that he resurrected to justify their salvation. That is the bible ordained way. Romans 10:9-10. Water baptism can only happen after this proclamation is made because water baptism is just an outward showing. It is not even a water sprinkling as some believe. The word baptizo refers to an immersion in water but that's for another day.

Stop the epistle..to be born again is to be baptised in christ.. When you are not baptised in christ, you are not yet christ-like, and so cannot make his kingdom. It is as simple as ABC

What you wrote up there means I can negate baptism and be born again.

mba emeka:
NO they don't guarantee salvation anymore than praying a rosary, bowing to a statue or begging angels will. But if one desires to live the successful christian life he must have them at his beck and call. They're the signs that one truly has Gods spirit resident in them. The religious mind can never grasp this.

I didn't write this for you. I gather that there are a lot of guests that will view this and learn. I have already stated that I have a lot of Catholic friends that are doing mighty things for God. The few of you here assembling a resistance are part of the ignorant and powerless minority.

Exactly why I asked you to go play somewhere.. Because you condemn the faith of the mother church.

Again I say, "Go play somewhere".
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by Ranchhoddas: 12:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
They cannot even agree on which version of the white's man religion is the correct one.I weep for my race.
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by PastorOluT(m): 2:10pm On Jan 09, 2014
italo: ^^^

And to think he calls himself "pastor" - 'shepherd!'

You really do worry for his "sheep."

lol, now I see where u stand, u chose to believe whatever u want. In fact I am short of words to u n dont know where to start, are u a xtian at all? U said those scriptures I quoted says nothing about bornagain, so u expect to see it verbatim, are u still in kindergarten? U guys are just so funny, u claim the worship of Mary was inferred n not verbatim n this u want it to be verbatim, I weep for u. Dont worry I will give it to u if dont run away anyways.

Ok what about 1Peter 1:23 that was verbatim that we are born again by the uncoruptible word of God? Lets start with that since u seek word for word.

Whatever u choose to believe is ur choice, continue to follow the doctrines of men n see where it leads u.
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by PastorOluT(m): 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
babestell:

Ephesians 5:25: Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,
John 17:17: Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth
James 1:21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls
1Peter 1:23: having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides foreve
The first one is Ephesians 5:26, it was a mistake, washing of "water" by the word. The church was gotten by the washing of water by the word.
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by PastorOluT(m): 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
italo:

Let's see if you have been reading the thread or not...

That was my answer to the fundamental question from the OP: "What does it mean to be born again?"

Now can you show me where Bidam attempted that question, Mr Bias?

Why are u being sentimental, to call urself a xtian n not even sincere. Did I ever say he answered the question, all I said is u r requesting for answer when urself dodged the one post to u.

Well what should I have expected from one who always defend man's doctrine/organization as against Jesus?
Re: "What's Wrong With Catholics?" by PastorOluT(m): 2:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
italo:

Stop the desperation.

Show me just one place where born of water means water baptism n I will show 5 places where it means the word with explanations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Be A Born Again Christian? / Christianity: Unconditional Love / Both Belief In God And Belief In Evolution Are Based On Faith--watchtower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.