Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) (1328 Views)

WIKE Flags Off Operation Zero Potholes With Julius Berger In Port Harcourt. / A Tale Of 2 Nursing Schools.. Pictures.. / Jonathan Reconciles Gov. Obiano And Peter Obi (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by chino11(m): 12:05pm On Jan 07, 2014
GOV. OBI FLAGS OFF THE DISTRIBUTION OF TEXTBOOKS TO SCHOOLS

Governor Peter has launched the distribution of seven hundred thousand free textbooks and library resources materials to public primary schools in the State. The ceremony took place at the Women Development Centre, Awka.

Governor Obi assured that the books would get to every pupil and reinstated that Education remains one of the top priorities of his administration, while government would continue to provide necessary logistics to promote primary education across the State. He described education as one of the greatest investments for the future and major capital for competition and commended teachers for their dedicated service to humanity, assuring that his government would sustain prompt payment of pension and gratuity till end of the tenure.

The Commissioner for Education, Dr. Mrs Uju Okeke said Education was key to success and noted that Governor Obi’s administration has achieved a lot at all levels of education. Dr. Mrs Okeke urged the pupil to reciprocate government’s huge investment in education by studying hard to excel to attract more interventions.

The Executive Chairman, Anambra State Universal Basic Education Board, Chief Nzemeka Olisa said Governor Obi’s intervention in the education sector was unparalleled and had made great impact in teaching and learning in all schools in the State. Chief Olisa commended efforts of the Governor toward successful implementation of UBE programme, as well as improving the quality of education in the State including personal visits to schools, procuring and distribution of educational materials, improved sporting equipment, prompt payment of matching grants, provision of vehicles and employment of staff.

One of the pupils, Master KosisoChukwu Ebede expressed gratitude to the Governor for his remarkable achievements which he noted has not be rivaled in country as well as provided a bright future for the children.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by chino11(m): 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
Investing in the future and human capital, that's what real governance and development is about..

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by Nnewi1stSon: 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
Okwute ndiIgbo, Jisie ike anyi kwugi na'azu! cool

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by Slizbeat(m): 12:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
I just love Obi's educational policy.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by chino11(m): 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
Anambra is among the 3 best performing states educational in Nigeria..

Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by chino11(m): 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
Anambra has the highest cut-off mark/point in Nigerian Unity Schools..

Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by Sealeddeal(m): 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
nonsense....we need roads in nnewi.
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by Slizbeat(m): 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sealeddeal: nonsense....we need roads in nnewi.

Must Nnewi wait for government to tar their roads??

Upon how rich and powerful nnewi is, they still want government to do everything for them.

My village and town was single-handedly tarred be individuals....thanks to Inter-bau's Nath Okechukwu for being one of us. Awka-etiti has single-handedly developed her town without waiting for government. By the time government adds their own quota, the entire Idemili will be more developed than ever.

No harm is intended, but learn how to be independent.
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by chino11(m): 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
MISS Sandra Anazor from Anambra State, who emerged the overall best in the last National Examinations Council, NECO, and West African School Certificate, WASC, examinations, has been awarded scholarship by Anambra State Government to further her education in the university.

The recipient studied at Federal Government Girl’s College, Onitsha, for the junior secondary and Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha for the senior secondary education.

Principals of the two secondary schools Anazor attended, Rev Sr. Maria Nwankwo of QRC Mrs. Chinyere Nzerem of FGGC, who were at the ceremony, expressed happiness at her performance and pledged to continue to produce exceptional students in their schools. In her speech, Anagor commended the state government for the gesture, stating that Governor Obi has proved beyond doubt that he loves education.

Note: This is courtesy of Peter Obi's huge investment in education..

Anambra is producing more and more Azikiwes, Achebes, Ojukwus, Chike Obis, Soludos, Nkem Akunyili, Chuka Umunna, Chimamandas etc..the list is obviously endless..

Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by BrokenTV: 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2014
where is freeglobe your attention is needed here.
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by Nnewi1stSon: 1:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
Slizbeat:

Upon how rich and powerful nnewi is, they still want government to do everything for them.

My village and town was single-handedly tarred be individuals....thanks to Inter-bau's Nath Okechukwu for being one of us. Awka-etiti has single-handedly developed her town without waiting for government. By the time government adds their own quota, the entire Idemili will be more developed than ever.

[b] why are you brainless? Did you investigate the poster properly to ascertain if he's Igbo, talkmore of being from Nnewi? You should know when people impersonate other tribes just to try and create disharmony! I'm from Nnewi, and i can tell you authoritatively that obi has done much in Nnewi! Ask Chicason,Innoson and others how he created enabling environments for their businessess to flourish! Today, all vehicles purchased by Anambra state Gov't are of Innosons! Nnewi township road have all been tarred( although i believe they need to be dualised), Shoprite is Opening there soon courtesy of Obi and so many other goodies! Only a corpse would say Nnewi isnt benefitting from Obi's Govt!
And as to your arguement about Nnewi indigenes not developing their town, i'll ask you a simple question, ''What did you think made Nnewi what it is today''? While other Igbos run to Lagos to invest, nnewi indigenes believe in the mantra that ''Charity begins @ home'' all the industries in Nnewi(Chicason producers of plastics,tiles,cables e.t.c, tummy tummy(noodles), innoson(car manufacturing),Ibeto(cement, importer),Coscharis(car biz) etcetra) are owned by indigenes of the town!
Nwanne next time put you caveat on your mandibles when talking about my town! Da'alu so cool[/b]

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by chino11(m): 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
Biko nu take una fight elsewhere..

Anybody who derails this thread will answer me at the SSS office in Awka..

That is my own..
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by asha80(m): 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: [b] why are you brainless? Did you investigate the poster properly to ascertain if he's Igbo, talkmore of being from Nnewi? You should know when people impersonate other tribes just to try and create disharmony! I'm from Nnewi, and i can tell you authoritatively that obi has done much in Nnewi! Ask Chicason,Innoson and others how he created enabling environments for their businessess to flourish! Today, all vehicles purchased by Anambra state Gov't are of Innosons! Nnewi township road have all been tarred( although i believe they need to be dualised), Shoprite is Opening there soon courtesy of Obi and so many other goodies! Only a corpse would say Nnewi isnt benefitting from Obi's Govt!
And as to your arguement about Nnewi indigenes not developing their town, i'll ask you a simple question, ''What did you think made Nnewi what it is today''? While other Igbos run to Lagos to invest, nnewi indigenes believe in the mantra that ''Charity begins @ home'' all the industries in Nnewi(Chicason producers of plastics,tiles,cables e.t.c, tummy tummy(noodles), innoson(car manufacturing),Ibeto(cement, importer),Coscharis(car biz) etcetra) are owned by indigenes of the town!
Nwanne next time put you caveat on your mandibles when talking about my town! Da'alu so cool[/b]
i believe sealedeal is from nnewi...i know because i personally engaged him in the run up to anambra elections....he was campaining for ifeanyi ubah...you can check his previous posts.
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by Nnewi1stSon: 1:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
asha 80: i believe sealedeal is from nnewi...i know because i personally engaged him in the run up to anambra elections....he was campaining for ifeanyi ubah...you can check his previous posts.
undecided
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by Sealeddeal(m): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
You are assigning responsibity of state road construction to nnewians because you think there are wealthy individuals in nnewi. i do not blame you. Nnewi's state road construction is beyond what her people should do. There are more than 20 important roads in nnewi that are not yet constructed which can cost billions of naira to construct.The roads in awka-etiti you are refering to could be a local roads that may not need more than sand filling of some bad portion and tarring. construction of some roads in nnewi will involve demolition of some people's source which is necessary but cannot be done by individuals. some church buildings are blocking some of such roads and no individual can do that.
Another thing is that tens of roads under construction in various places in anambra state are not done by their wealthy individuals. i am not shielding nnewi wealthy men but is nnewi not part of anambra state?
Slizbeat:

Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by gratiaeo(m): 1:31pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nice one! though we have out grown this kinda politics nah. Who don't know that Anambra state is no.1 in education in Nigeria?
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by chino11(m): 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
gratiaeo: Nice one! though we have out grown this kinda politics nah. Who don't know that Anambra state is no.1 in education in Nigeria?

Obi is actually campaigning for the Anambra 2013 2015 governorship election.. cool
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by Sealeddeal(m): 1:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
Anuofia nwuru anwu.Only a fool will think you have made a point. Stupid immigrant!
Nnewi1stSon: [b] why are you brainless? Did you investigate the poster properly to ascertain if he's Igbo, talkmore of being from Nnewi? You should know when people impersonate other tribes just to try and create disharmony! I'm from Nnewi, and i can tell you authoritatively that obi has done much in Nnewi! Ask Chicason,Innoson and others how he created enabling environments for their businessess to flourish! Today, all vehicles purchased by Anambra state Gov't are of Innosons! Nnewi township road have all been tarred( although i believe they need to be dualised), Shoprite is Opening there soon courtesy of Obi and so many other goodies! Only a corpse would say Nnewi isnt benefitting from Obi's Govt!
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by chino11(m): 1:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sealeddeal: Anuofia nwuru anwu.Only a fool will think you have made a point. Stupid immigrant!

One more word of derailing and I will use the leverage given to me to track your IP Address and track your location for immediate arrest. Be careful because public forum as this can get you into a lot of trouble. Go elsewhere and continue your fight, don't derail this thread for me..you don't know who is behind me. But no amount of "abeg" will save you when it will start..
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by Sealeddeal(m): 2:06pm On Jan 07, 2014
chino11:

One more word of derailing and I will use the leverage given to me to track your IP Address and track your location for immediate arrest. Be careful because public forum as this can get you into a lot of trouble. Go elsewhere and continue your fight, don't derail this thread for me..you don't know who is behind me. But no amount of "abeg" will save you when it will start..
What is he saying? Animal!
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2014

He wasn't reffering to the Op,isi okpo! Yes,Nnewi has done a lot to create investment in their town but they haven't done much to organize and arrange the place like Alor,Awka-Etiti,Ozubulu. Come to Umuoji: Mangrover tarred his road,Frank Okosa tarred his road and Ekwoba tarred his road. Peter Obi in addition just finish tarring one of the most important road in Umuoji. Simply,Nnewi isn't organized.
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by chino11(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
NRI PRIEST:

He wasn't reffering to the Op,isi okpo! Yes,Nnewi has done a lot to create investment in their town but they haven't done much to organize and arrange the place like Alor,Awka-Etiti,Ozubulu. Come to Umuoji: Mangrover tarred his road,Frank Okosa tarred his road and Ekwoba tarred his road. Peter Obi in addition just finish tarring one of the most important road in Umuoji. Simply,Nnewi isn't organized.

Have you been to Osumenyi? That is where my wife comes from..

The place is like a "small London". All the big dudes scrambled and constructed all the roads in the town and turned it into a mini city..
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by validplanet: 2:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
am happy for Peter Obi and Ndi Anambra.

keep it up.
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by Nnewi1stSon: 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
NRI PRIEST:

He wasn't reffering to the Op,isi okpo![\b] Yes,Nnewi has done a lot to create investment in their town but they haven't done much to organize and arrange the place like Alor,Awka-Etiti,Ozubulu. Come to Umuoji: Mangrover tarred his road,Frank Okosa tarred his road and Ekwoba tarred his road. Peter Obi in addition just finish tarring one of the most important road in Umuoji. Simply,Nnewi isn't organized.
[b] And where in my post did i say he was refering to the 'OP'? ITI BORIBO! Learn how to comprehend simple english that's perharps when i'll take you seriously! Despite your stay in London you cant even comprehend a brief paragraph! I wont be surprised if you one of those people who go to London to wash plates Anuofia!
Re: Peter Obi Flags Off The Distribution Of Textbooks To All Schools(pictures) by Nnewi1stSon: 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sealeddeal: Anuofia nwuru anwu.Only a fool will think you have made a point. Stupid immigrant!
As for you i wont take you serious, cos you're not worth my time and energy! You're probably still running helter skelter trying to gather funds to refund Ifeanyi Ubah, after you crooks sqaundered his money giving him false hope! EZI IBADAN

(1) (Reply)

Gej Screened For Ebola Virus In Us? / We’ll Soon Reveal APC Members Sponsoring Boko Haram -PDP / You Lied, Ekiti Debt Is N36bn Not N89b. Fayemi Replies Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.