Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,846 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal (5998 Views)

Certificate Forgery Scandal Rocks National Broadcasting Commission / Buhari's Certificate Forgery Saga 'getting Messier' Forensic Analyst Brief Proof / Senator Hope Uzodinma In Certificate Forgery Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by Emmysteve(m): 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
Embattled Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah,
and her associates have spent the last several
hours scrambling to clean up the minister’s
biographies on the Internet, following
allegations that she lied about her academic
qualifications, PREMIUM TIMES can report
today.
News website, SaharaReporters, had Monday
quoted authorities at St. Paul’s College, where
Mrs. Oduah claimed she studied for Bachelor
and Masters degrees, as saying they did not
award her an MBA at anytime as the
university does not even have a graduate
school or graduate programme.
The minister is yet to respond to the
allegations. Efforts by PREMIUM TIMES to get
her to comment for this story were
unsuccessful.
Joe Obi, her special assistant on media, did
not answer or return calls.
Yakubu Datti, the spokesperson of the
aviation agencies, who usually speak for her,
said he was not aware of the allegation
against the minister, and that he would revert
after consulting the minister. He is yet to do
so as at the time of publishing this.
However, this newspaper has observed an
attempt by the minister and her aides to
revise her profiles on the web with a view to
cleaning up any reference to St. Paul’s College
in her history.
Already, Mrs. Oduah’s biography on the
website of the Ministry of Aviation has been
revised, with references to St. Paul’s College
now wiped out.
Stella Oduah’s new bio without a university
“Oduah-Ogiemwonyi received her Bachelors
and Masters Degree (in Accounting and
Business Administration respectively) in the
United States,” the new profile said of Mrs.
Oduah’s education, without any reference to
the university she attended.
The Wikipedia page of the ministe r has also
been hurriedly edited, and it now has no
reference to the university Mrs. Oduah
attended.
All links and reference materials on the
Wikipedia page capable of linking the minister
to the university that has disowned her have
also been deleted.
Even the minister’s personal website has
been reviewed to remove any reference to St.
Paul’s College.
While the links leading to Mrs. Oduah’s
foundation and photographs remain active, the
other principal link, which should lead to her
history page, has been deactivated.
It’s unclear whether it was being edited at the
backend when PREMIUM TIMES visited the
site.
Mrs. Oduah had in a resume she presented to
the Senate as a ministerial nominee in 2011
indicated that she obtained a Master’s degree
in Business Administration (MBA) from St.
Paul’s College Lawrenceville, Virginia, United
States.
Stella Oduah’s new Wikipedia page without a
university
But SaharaReporters quoted the President of
the college as saying his university had never
in its 125-year history had a graduate school
or graduate program.
The Provost Vice President of Academic
Affairs, and the Vice President of Institutional
Development said in response to the website’s
inquiries, “We don’t offer any graduate
programs here.”

Www. premiumtimesng.com/news/152824-aviation-minister-stella-oduah-scrambles-cover-certificate-forgery-scandal.html

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by icon8: 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
You go fear fear nah!
Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
No wonder! It's a life of scandals! A woman with no enviable pedigree becoming a Minister and enjoying full backings of the powers that be. It's unfortunate the we have small people (rogues) in big offices!

10 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by Emmysteve(m): 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
How can Nigeria ever progress with this kind of person.?

10 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by Sirniyeh(m): 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
Disgrace of the highest order. Let's wait for the presidency response. Since the available online profile is different from the one presented to National Assembly in 2011, I wait to see the next political and legislative action

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by Omen100(m): 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
End time editing of profiles grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by 1stola: 2:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
Can't wait to watch this Season two movie... cheesy
and also waiting for our President Jonathan reaction...

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by fajoren: 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2014
How do you even accept a nomination as minister of aviation knowing you lack the qualifications. Aviation eh.this is serious. the woman should be prosecuted for deceiving the Nigerian president, legislators and people.

THIS IS A CRIME

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by agbameta: 2:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
Instead of fessing up and apologizing for her errors, she's deploying the same crooked and disgraceful moves with no good effects, the foolish woman is basically confirming her crooked and shady ways including the dirty allegations circling all over her...

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
Seductive woman. She has seduced her oga at the top with her charming brown eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by awodman: 2:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
Show me the "snapshots" of the Wikipedia Page showing where it was stated that Sнε attended St Paul's College if you claim Sнε edited it

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by Omexonomy: 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
One common sh1t among these poster so far is tha they are all from southwest.
I am from middle belt
why the hatred
I recieved my lectures in one school and wrote my exam in another school because the school and cause i went for were not accredited.
Which school will write on my C .V.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by SamAfrik(m): 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
SaharaReporters and Premium times are surely the best thing to emerge from Nigeria lately. I envy them for having smart and hardworking pple in thier companies.
Pls dont stop at Oduah. Like Oliwer Twist, Nigerians are begging for more!

22 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by skyfall: 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
The woman is a crook. Nigeria i hail thee...

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by lekkie073(m): 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
dats what we call 'fastafosto'
Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by dabossman(m): 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
Omen100: End time editing of profiles grin grin grin grin grin grin

As in...

It's her personal website that tripped me the most. All of a sudden, the tab that will link to "HER HISTORY" isn't working, while others are functional. Naija, I hail thee.

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by LocalChamp: 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
WiKi screenshot

5 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
Oduah magic.......the more you look, the less you see. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by SamAfrik(m): 3:04pm On Jan 07, 2014
Imagine a whole minister, no wonder foreign institutions give Nigerians strigent measures for certificate verification. Do we now blame them?

Mods, can this latest development also be moved to the front page PLEASE!

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by khamas19: 3:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
... i love the way they label her 'embattled'....

her eyes don see wheennn

.. she go dey see sahara reporters for dream as them

dey flog am with broom

7 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by lingal(f): 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
This woman has really shamed her self! shocked...She should be prosecuted angry

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by awodman: 3:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
LocalChamp: WiKi Screenshot before it was edited
If that was before it was edited like you claim..there is nothing showing "St Paul's College" there
Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by zomby(m): 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
The truth is: she is not alone.
Many are faking their university certificates, while the ones with genuine certificates don't have any substance to show for it, e.g: president Ebele Goodluck Jonathan.

Fact: Many wealthy Nigerians and top government officials prefer things to continue this way.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by phlamy(m): 3:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
Omexonomy: One common sh1t among these poster so far is tha they are all from southwest.
I am from middle belt
why the hatred
I recieved my lectures in one school and wrote my exam in another school because the school and cause i went for were not accredited.
Which school will write on my C .V.

Are you always like this.

I guess we should bow to tribal sentiments at the expense of our peace and development. Soon your likes would
be given a portfolio and would continue like this.

Are we talking of your WAEC here? my friend better go and read for your JAMB, this place is not for kids.

18 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
"whosoever rewardeth good with evil, evil shall never depart his house". Prov 17:13

the above verse goes to any igbo man that wants to support the evil this woman has done.

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by Emmysteve(m): 3:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
awodman:
If that was before it was edited like you claim..there is nothing showing "St Paul's College" there
That screen shot was after she edited it. BTW, why are are u so curious to see the wiki page before the edition? Are you trying to postulate the fact that she actually edited every link that has that college on it?

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
In as much as stella odua is a complete shame to the presidncy and the country as a whole, I put much blame on the national assembly. We should ask what kind of people we have in the Nass that not a single one of them would have known that U.S colleges don't offer masters degree. That's why on a thread earlier on I was adovacating for brilliannt mind like fashola in the senate because I bet someone like fashola would have immediately noted that during her screening

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by DisGuy: 3:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
A.jeez:
In as much as stella odua is a complete shame to the presidncy and the country as a whole, I put much blame on the national assembly. We should ask what kind of people we have in the Nass that not a single one of them would have known that U.S colleges don't offer masters degree. That's why on a thread earlier on I was adovacating for brilliannt mind like fashola in the senate because I bet someone like fashola would have immediately noted that during her screening

and the sss or whoever does the security clearance before it get passed to the NASS

2. not necessarily

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by dabossman(m): 3:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
A.jeez:

Have you watched their sessions when they are interviewing ministerial nominees? They often ask the nominee to take a bow of personal recognition and go, or they ask some few, near irrelevant questions and ask the person to go. They are all same of the same.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by IbokUtoroh(m): 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
jonathan n nass pls do d needful. inasmuch as i support u, i dont support any person that tries to bring down or discredit that small support.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal by awodman: 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
Emmysteve: That screen shot was after she edited it. BTW, why are are u so curious to see the wiki page before the edition? Are you trying to postulate the fact that she actually edited every link that has that college on it?
Sorry..the OP already made it clear that it was before it was "edited"...Cos its widely claimed that Sнε "edited" the Wiki Page,I need to see what it looked like before edition

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari In South East Attire / Negotiations To Release More Chibok Girls Ongoing, Says Government Spokesman / Safety Alert: 10 Ways To Avoid Possible Terrorist Attack This Eid-el-fitr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.