Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? (5805 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? by bishopkay: 5:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hi good people of nl. please I am considering buying an Audi A6 2003-2005 model ie within that range. so I want to ask if the car is a good buy.
I heard it's either a v6 or v8 engine it comes with. I personally have a feud with v6 engines due to maintenance costs so is this true?
Does it conserve fuel or it guzzles it like beer?
For a middle class earner, is it a welcome mission or no go zone?
please advice from anyone that uses d car or an expert in Audi vehicles should please advice me. Thanks In anticipation
Re: Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? by abatically(m): 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
It not very fuel efficient but what u lose in fuel economy u gain in performance. The automatic averages about 18mpg city while the manual and quattro averages about 16mpg city (for the v6). You will enjoy it more if u are doing lots of highway driving (about 23mpg). All these are for premium gasoline. Here in Nigeria u might end up getting lower mpg. Now if u are looking for a car that will give u the fuel economy of a Toyota corolla, then run away because it won't give u anything close to that. In every other aspect it is a very solid car. Siena over to u
Re: Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? by bishopkay: 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
abatically: It not very fuel efficient but what u lose in fuel economy u gain in performance. The automatic averages about 18mpg city while the manual and quattro averages about 16mpg city (for the v6). You will enjoy it more if u are doing lots of highway driving (about 23mpg). All these are for premium gasoline. Here in Nigeria u might end up getting lower mpg. Now if u are looking for a car that will give u the fuel economy of a Toyota corolla, then run away because it won't give u anything close to that. In every other aspect it is a very solid car. Siena over to u

Thanks sir I'm beginning to get my eyes open. But apart from d gas consumption,is it easy 2 maintain ? Are d parts. readily available and are they expensive?
bluntly speaking is it as problematic as d Nissan maxima?
Re: Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? by nissparts(m): 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
If you are moving from a problematic maxima, I think you should consider a simpler option for now. An A6 would not qualify as a simpler option in this scenario

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? by bishopkay: 12:05am On Jan 08, 2014
nissparts: If you are moving from a problematic maxima, I think you should consider a simpler option for now. An A6 would not qualify as a simpler option in this scenario

Thanks 4 all d advice. I quite appreciate every one of em. God bless y'all!
Re: Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? by elviszzz: 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
I own an audi a6 2000 v6 quattro, av own it for more than two solid yrs now and its still in great shape. As for fuel consumption its efficient and the parts are cheap/readily available to buy. U get the parts at iyana-itire, its a lovely car anytime any day especially the ones with the quattro systems that gives the car extra weight,balance on top speed.
Re: Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? by victor08(m): 10:00am On Jul 06, 2014
Leave those Audi cars...they are problematic and cost plenty money to maintain. You can only enjoy such cars when it is still brand new. No second hand value.
Re: Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? by kenx1(m): 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
nissparts: If you are moving from a problematic maxima, I think you should consider a simpler option for now. An A6 would not qualify as a simpler option in this scenario

Well said
Re: Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
bishop kay: Hi good people of nl. please I am considering buying an Audi A6 2003-2005 model ie within that range. so I want to ask if the car is a good buy.
I heard it's either a v6 or v8 engine it comes with. I personally have a feud with v6 engines due to maintenance costs so is this true?
Does it conserve fuel or it guzzles it like beer?
For a middle class earner, is it a welcome mission or no go zone?
please advice from anyone that uses d car or an expert in Audi vehicles should please advice me. Thanks In anticipation

My opinion is that Audis are not great cars for the Nigerian road conditions.

I would never buy an Audi in Nigeria (maybe one of the crossovers) but instead will opt for one of the Japanese small crossovers like a Rav4 or equivalent.

You're going to be doing a disservice to that Audi.

Good luck in your decision.
Re: Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? by lordkenny(m): 11:31am On Aug 06, 2020
elviszzz:
I own an audi a6 2000 v6 quattro, av own it for more than two solid yrs now and its still in great shape. As for fuel consumption its efficient and the parts are cheap/readily available to buy. U get the parts at iyana-itire, its a lovely car anytime any day especially the ones with the quattro systems that gives the car extra weight,balance on top speed.

Which oil do you use for your engine?

(1) (Reply)

2,422 Killed And 11,961 Injured In Road Accidents From Jan - June – FRSC / How Long Does It Take To Charge A Dead Car Battery? / Is It Fire Coming From The Exhaust Of This Toyota Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.