Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Listen To This! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Listen To This! (931 Views)

The Song No Lady Wants To Listen To. / Nice Slow/mid Tempo Songs To Listen To After Breakup Or When Not Happy / Girls That Listen To Friends: Not The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Listen To This! by nalijah07(f): 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2008
My girlfriend (American) told me that she was on the phone with her boyfriend (Nigerian). His phone beeped on the other end that he had a phone call, so he asked her to hold on.

When he came back on the line he was speaking to her in his native language, but the only word she could make out was baby and this he said really sexy like. She said that she said "excuse me?", the next thing you know the line went dead.

When she called him back and asked him what the hell was going on he said that he kept saying "hello" "hello", but that he didn't hear a response from her. She told him to cut the BS, and that she wanted to know who he was talking to in his language. He said - are you ready for this? He said "that was my sister!, what are you talking about?, that was my sister!"

She just hung the phone up on him. Now she is calling me like - "Do you think it really could have been his sister?"
Re: Listen To This! by sistawoman: 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2008
see and all my friends say i am crazy to want to learn his native tounge. This is just the reason why.

I dont like for people to talk around me and I dont know what they are talking about. Now that I am learning I am able to pick up some of his words.

He prob. was not talking to his sister, he was caught and had no idea what to do. Most men cant think quick on thier feet when caught or confronted with things that they have not proviously thought about.
Re: Listen To This! by tope2000(f): 4:19pm On Aug 08, 2008
nalijah07:

My girlfriend (American) told me that she was on the phone with her boyfriend (Nigerian). His phone beeped on the other end that he had a phone call, so he asked her to hold on.

When he came back on the line he was speaking to her in his native language, but the only word she could make out was baby and this he said really sexy like. She said that she said "excuse me?", the next thing you know the line went dead.

When she called him back and asked him what the hell was going on he said that he kept saying "hello" "hello", but that he didn't hear a response from her. She told him to cut the BS, and that she wanted to know who he was talking to in his language. He said - are you ready for this? He said "that was my sister!, what are you talking about?, that was my sister!"

She just hung the phone up on him. Now she is calling me like - "Do you think it really could have been his sister?"

maybe, maybe not
i guess she will never know
Re: Listen To This! by nalijah07(f): 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2008
@sistawoman -

Me too! I will definately make sure that I learn the language now.
Re: Listen To This! by Busta(f): 4:56pm On Aug 08, 2008
pickins!
Re: Listen To This! by femzy(m): 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2008
hmmm IMHO; more facts needed for judgement
Re: Listen To This! by nalijah07(f): 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2008
@femzy

What types of facts?
Re: Listen To This! by sistajay(f): 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ Poster

It's not easy dating someone who doesn't speak the same lingo as you.
Re: Listen To This! by nalijah07(f): 7:22pm On Aug 08, 2008
I never thought about that being a problem, until I heard this story. You are right, because she says that she is so angry that she could not make out the rest of what he was saying.
Re: Listen To This! by ssRhino: 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2008
Another game player doing his thang.
Re: Listen To This! by janami(f): 7:33pm On Aug 08, 2008
cld be his sista. no law against a man callin his sista "baby"
Re: Listen To This! by iice(f): 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2008
Baby - sexy like? rofl.

$$Rhino:

Another game player doing his thang.

I think so too
Re: Listen To This! by lidbb2(m): 9:11pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ poster

i dont think its his sister.
i beleive its his girlfriend or wife back home in nigeria.
a good number of men i know in UK have a woman back home and they date and deceive other ladies in england.
some go it just because of the papers.they can go all the way to marry the lady.
a man told me this is more common in america.

i must say here that not all men do it.but a good number of them are involved in such deceitful acts.
Re: Listen To This! by nalijah07(f): 10:00pm On Aug 08, 2008
well thank God he already had his papers.

The disturbing thing is that this happened yesterday and he hasn't even called her back to beg or anything. They were together for 4 years, and this is the treament she gets?

He did travel home frequently, but I don't think he has a wife, because he told her he would take her there soon.

She is now advising me to be carefule of my Nigerian manĀ  undecided
Re: Listen To This! by sistawoman: 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2008
nalijah07:

She is now advising me to be carefule of my Nigerian man undecided

Not all Nigerian men are cut from the same cloth. Please each man, nigerian or not, should be judged based solely on his on actions and not as a whole.

If i am not mistaken you are in the states hit me up on yahoo and lets talk so we can learn the language together.
Re: Listen To This! by lidbb2(m): 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ nalijah07

as sistawoman said,not all nigerian men are like that.each man is different.
the fact that he said he will take her home doesn't mean he has no wife back home.
afterall,he hasn't take her home yet.
besides there are loads of men who have been promising their foreign ladies to "take them home soon" for years,and they haven't gone anywhere.
i cant be sure he has a wife,but if he did,he wouldn't want ur pal to know, so she couldnt have known.
Re: Listen To This! by Arnold1(m): 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2008
Busta:

pickins!

lol. real pickins ! And it is a trend on this board by the poster undecided
Re: Listen To This! by nalijah07(f): 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2008
@arnold -

pickins - please clarify??
Re: Listen To This! by nalijah07(f): 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2008
Can you believe he still has not called her.
Re: Listen To This! by sistawoman: 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2008
nalijah07:

Can you believe he still has not called her.

Bad, Bad Game on his part. Why dont men learn everything done in the dark comes to the light. The sun does shine each day.

Do not hate the playa hate the game.
Re: Listen To This! by onyinye2(f): 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2008
yes we do need to learn our native tongue or at least understand it. Because i have been in that position before. One time i went to Nigeria when i was little and there was these two older kids speaking fluent Igbo. So they were saying all this rubbish about me on how spoiled and useless. Well little did they know that i might not speak the language but i fully understood.

So at topic, i think the girl needs to take a step back and chill. It is very possible that it is his sister. There is a very slight chance that it was another girl. If i were her, i would confront the guy, look him straight in his eye, ask him if that was really sister. If he says yes with a straight face, i'll drop it. But if he seems a little shady, well then I'm going James Bond on his behind.

(1) (Reply)

Double Dating / Privacy Vs Cheating / Why Do Relationships Rarely Have Happy Endings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.