Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs (18544 Views)

CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms / Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled / What Differentiates Islamic Banking From Other Banks In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by ACM10: 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
Access Bank is the worst bank in Nigeria in terms of service delivery. They issued me a new ATM(verve) card with a wrong pin. I later applied for a change of PIN, yet no response from them. Anytime I visits their bank, they will apologise and ask me to fill a new PIN reissue form. One month has passed, yet nothing happened. It's been a frustrating experience. I will wind down my business with them in the next two months and proceed to close my account with them. I can't stand their inefficiency.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
mosho2good: That very bad wat of of u are in need of money or emergency.....
you mind d silly bank? I also got d text. So what happens if I'm in dire need of cash n I use another bank's atm n it gets stuck? I will now wait till they send a new atm, which takes @least 3wks. Smh
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Eyop: 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
HNosegbe: Not a problem, as long as customers aren't charged for the new cards.

Who told you they won't be charged? Immediately such happens,just await debit alert of #1000 from your account for a new card. They are interested in the money and not even the security of your account. Access Bank is a useless bank

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
Eyop:

Who told you they won't be charged? Immediately such happens,just await debit alert of #1000 from your account for a new card. They are interested in the money and not even the security of your account. Access Bank is a useless bank

Implicit in my post is that there WILL be trouble if customers are charged.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Tonjeola1(m): 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
Caracta: Never trust a bank.

I hope the new cards will be re-issued IMMEDIATELY in any branch of the bank. Not that you'll have to travel several miles to the branch you opened the account with. If this is not possible, then it's time to port aggressively!
It always been issued from the branch you applied for it. i opened my Access bank account in PH, when the 1st one expired i was in ijebu ode then, and i apply from there, i was given from ijebu ode branche.
but this their idea i dont welcome it, so if my card got trapped in other banks daily, i ve pay for new card every week, its outrageous.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by UnknownT: 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2014
Op, I hope u have charged ur ba3 by now?

@topic, anoda avenue for them to milk customers cos they will still charge any customer for procuring a new atm card for d customer even when d deactivated card hasn't expired. Don't b surprised when they will deactivate someone's card and claim that the card was trapped too

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by superbloke(m): 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
The strategy is simple. They want to discourage their customers from using other banks' ATMs. Every time you use your card on another bank's ATM, your bank pays the other bank, as against you paying as it used to be. So if you insist on using the other's ATM, then you'll pay for a new card if yours is trapped.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
received thesame message in the early hours today...welcome development

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by bigx(m): 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
iphoneloaded: Just received the below message from Access Bank:

"Effective Jan 15, 2014,ATM cards trapped in other banks' ATMs will be deactivated & reissued. For more details call the Contact Center on 01-2712005-7"

Is this applicable to other banks too? Did you received such message? I don't mind porting if the issue only applies to Access Bank cards sad

P.S Mods, please move it to the right section if this one is not meant for this post. Thank you.

GTB did this to me christmas like 2 years back, I've never been so frustrated

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
My sweetheart got the msg on her phone dz morning.
I thought it was something else.
The new ATM to be issued, wont it cost money?
Who go pay?
Bank or User?
Shey na free?
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Fayrouzz(m): 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2014
Got the text... Not cool at all sad
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by TERNGU123: 10:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
na d 2014 interest wen d suppose gv us b dis??
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Creamish(f): 11:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
It's not new. Applies in most banks. Ur card will be destroyed if it gets trapped in a different bank's ATM. Blame it on CBN...tho derz rily no smoke without fire.....sum tin mustav happened to prompt dat policy.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Sike(m): 11:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
Got the same sms too. But i'll reserve my comment till my ATM Card got trapped.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by factorial1(m): 11:35pm On Jan 08, 2014
The message was sent to all their customers(including me)... I guess that's a better option tho...
Just that...the mode of operating the bank is a +ish...so to say, av never recharge my phone via their ATM before..and they claims to be efficient... Thank God for their Access Mobile tho...alot could be done on mobile phones.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by OCTAVO: 12:06am On Jan 09, 2014
Got same message...
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by JackDaniels1: 12:16am On Jan 09, 2014
must this bank copy everything GTBbank does.are there no strategic and functnal risk mgt department there?Risk assessment is the d main thing on banks now ooo.kudos to GTBank.Segun Ogbononwo what are u doing in operatns?No wonder all ur best think tank IBPLC has gone.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by DrBlack(m): 1:20am On Jan 09, 2014
ok. I think the question we should be asking is; why do ATM cards get trapped?

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Nobody: 1:23am On Jan 09, 2014
centje: this access, together with MTN, they've made my life miserable with text messages angry
the thing tire me.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by rosybabyy: 1:30am On Jan 09, 2014
Pele
centje: this access, together with MTN, they've made my life miserable with text messages angry
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by chikis(m): 2:01am On Jan 09, 2014
ACM10: Access Bank is the worst bank in Nigeria in terms of delivery of service. They issued me a new ATM(verve) card with a wrong pin. I later applied for a change of PIN, yet no response from them. Anytime I visits their bank, they will apologise and ask me to fill a new PIN reissue form. One month has passed, yet nothing happened. It's been a frustrating experience. I will wind down my business with them in the next two months and proceed to close my account with them. I can't stand their inefficiency.
Abeg update me anytime they give you new pin. I bank at Access Bank and also have the problem as you.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by chikis(m): 2:07am On Jan 09, 2014
Sike: Got the same sms too. But i'll reserve my comment till my ATM Card got trapped.
Gragra! Wetin you go fit do if e happen?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by maximunimpact(m): 2:58am On Jan 09, 2014
ACM10: Access Bank is the worst bank in Nigeria in terms of delivery of service. They issued me a new ATM(verve) card with a wrong pin. I later applied for a change of PIN, yet no response from them. Anytime I visits their bank, they will apologise and ask me to fill a new PIN reissue form. One month has passed, yet nothing happened. It's been a frustrating experience. I will wind down my business with them in the next two months and proceed to close my account with them. I can't stand their inefficiency.

Assuming u have money in ur account I cud av begged u 2 stay, sinx u ar alredy a pest on my desk pls find attached closure form n fill lemme close it now sharp sharp!
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by ujahboy(m): 5:06am On Jan 09, 2014
Banking Madness, is that the only way to protect us? They better look for a better way if nt porting is d next option
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Akainzo(m): 5:09am On Jan 09, 2014
dotuna3: All they re doing is to help u. Is it not beta to de-activate ur ATM card than u losing a lot cash frm ur acct?. They re really doing u good cos in d process of ur card being trapped someone can ve access to ur card pin from dat bank u used their ATM and can make use of it. Here u re thinking of porting

A trapped card can ONLY be retrieved by the official entrusted by the bank that owns the ATM and not some thug somewhere, so your write up there us only trying to label bank staff as fraudsters. Stop am.

This might be a harsh policy, but if you juxtapose the time it will take for the original bank to retrieve and return your trapped ATM Card to your branch of Access Bank, you might have been better served by just paying and getting a new one issued to you.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by honestpoju: 5:14am On Jan 09, 2014
Tiamiyu kunle, u r very correct. All banks have started to adopt the methid, trust me I know what I am saying....... So be careful
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Akainzo(m): 5:14am On Jan 09, 2014
Creamish: It's not new. Applies in most banks. Ur card will be destroyed if it gets trapped in a different bank's ATM. Blame it on CBN...tho derz rily no smoke without fire.....sum tin mustav happened to prompt dat policy.

Where did you get the fud that cards are destroyed when trapped in other banks ATM from? Please stop spreading falsehood.

The other bank is mandated to return such trapped ATM cards to the registered office of the cardholders' bank.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by veloce(m): 5:38am On Jan 09, 2014
And if I may ask, has anybody experienced a card been compromised whenever their card got trapped.the bank where your card is traPped is mandated to return it to the nearest branch of yours within 24hrs by a bank officiAl where is the compromise.what they should tell us is to change the pin probably when you got the card back.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by slimyem: 6:16am On Jan 09, 2014
Caracta: Never trust a bank.

I hope the new cards will be re-issued IMMEDIATELY in any branch of the bank. Not that you'll have to travel several miles to the branch you opened the account with. If this is not possible, then it's time to port aggressively!
Most of the time,you can apply for atm at any branch and also pick it up at any too but immediately?
I doubt there's any Nigerian bank that issues debit cards immediately. It'd take least two days I guess...
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs by Lincolnburrows(m): 6:16am On Jan 09, 2014
this is not about access bank. when your card is trapped in another banks ATM, that bank destroys your card. I know this will come as a surprise to many but that's the practice now. so its advisable for u to use your ATM card on your banks machine. this is more especially to those that usually forget their PIN as this is the major cause of ATM card trapping

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ahia Ohuru Market Aba On Fire (Video, Photo) / Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC / Japan Pharma Company “Otsuka” Establish $50m Factory In Shagamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.