Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? (1700 Views)

Thread For People Who Really Dont Like Their Family. Let Meet Here / 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? / Is A Woman Suppose To Claim The State Of Origin Of Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by beordune(m): 8:22am On Jan 08, 2014
I stay in a compound of five flats, my landlord occupy the second floor, and I share the first floor with his mother,while two other tenants share the ground floor.
On Sunday while trying to bring out my landlord's visitor car from my compound, cos he packed behind me..cos I knew it would be difficult for me to move out the next day cos am an early riser, so to avoid the early morning disturbance I called them to come move their car so that I can packed behind them,only for me to be told the owner can't come out again for the day, so I had to move the car my self since nobody could volunteer driving it.

So while moving the car on a reverse, though slowly, I observed the brake wasn't good, thank God for a big stone in front of the other neighbor's house that stopped the back tire. I came out of the car and asked if I had injured anyone and I was told "NO".
After re-parking the two cars back into the car park I decided to apologies to some old women who had already gathered around the scene, and there they told me two of their kids were almost hurt, contrary to what I was told earlier, so I pay their mothers a courtesy visit.
From what I notice, all the noise of been hurt were exaggerations, I dint even do as if i know that; I just continued with my apologies.

My worries began when I got home last night and my younger brother told me that my landlord's mother who was staying in the flat behind mine asked after that I see her.
And when I finally did that night, she talked about the issue with the neighbors, she was complaining bitterly that something of such happened and I disrespected her by not telling her, she talked to the extent that henceforth she's going to tell me to start parking my car outside (eventhough we have a car park), the worst happened when her last son who should be in his twenties stood up to interrupt our discussion, and said I was talking rubbish when I said I dint take what happened as something that is that serious, cos to me, it had been settled when the stuff happened.

Now my question:
Does been a tenant mean one will be paying homage or worshiping his/her landlord or family?
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by Dygeasy(m): 9:34am On Jan 08, 2014
These Are Some Of The BS I Will Not Take Even As A Tenant. Man! You're A Man In Your Own Right And A Rightful Paying Tenant Abi You're Squatting Ni?

Let's Scatter Everything If Possible. I Can't Be Ejected Forcefully With My Rent Unexpired.

Respect Is Reciprocal.
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by ifyalways(f): 9:41am On Jan 08, 2014
Dygeasy: These Are Some Of The BS I Will Not Take Even As A Tenant. Man! You're A Man In Your Own Right And A Rightful Paying Tenant Abi You're Squatting Ni?
Let's Scatter Everything If Possible. I Can't Be Ejected Forcefully With My Rent Unexpired.
Respect Is Reciprocal.
Gbam.

If i were the OP gan,I won't bother with moving the car that night instead i will bring down the whole house with my noise the next day. Next time,each man will learn to behave appropriately.

3 Likes

Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by ypepe: 10:01am On Jan 08, 2014
Poster, apologise to them even though its against ur better judgement and start looking for another house and this time, don't live with the landlord or his relatives.
B4 then thread carefully.
All d best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by skydeep(f): 10:06am On Jan 08, 2014
I can't even rent a house if I discover the landlord stays there

4 Likes

Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
If I were you I will start parking outside to avoid future nonsense.they will be watching out for you and when they find any opportunitt, they will confront tou so in order to avoid that just park outside

whether a landlord lives in the same falt with you or not, both landlord and tenants should give each other mutual respect and space.at least my old man is a tenant too and the only time he has to or confronts them is when they start acting lousy or dirty.for example my dad was jisting me that his tenants wife had a habit of disposing used baby diapers with faeces in it out of her window down stairs and once anyone unknowingly steps on it, the whole place /compoundwill be dirty and oozing of faeces.he had to call the woman to order because she was just too dirtythe same woman will allow her 3 year old daughter stool downstairs in front of my moms kitchen and leave the child unattended to.flies will start surrounding the childs *** according to him mumsi couldnt stand her dirty behaviours and warned the husband to talk to her because the next time she sees any irritating behavioir, she will give them quit norice.that was when she staeted restricting her nonsense inside.the suprising thing is that they have a toiler so I dont know why she cant teach her kids toilet manners.

The other one is a student.his ownbis to be bringing orisirisi girls and his friends.that one isnt my dads buisness anyway but he will increase the volume of his music that you will think there is a club house in the compound.you will hear boisterous noises of people chatting at the top of their voices.that was another reason my dad had to step in to tell him to keep it low.good enough the boy is very obedient qnd respectful and also knows how to respect himself.

however other cases like car parking etc can be resolved easily without it degenerating to fight.

good enough its only my parents that leave in the same place with them.isshh
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by ifedun2: 3:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
Some houseowners could be terrible.
They feel they own the world.
But NO poster-you dont have to worship your landlord and his family.Respect yourself,pay your rent as at when due and mind your own business and when they are stepping beyond their bounds,call them to order as politely as possible.
Beyond this,please work towards getting a place of your own,no matter how small.Yes, I know some people will say 'we all can't own houses now'.Yeah,that's true,but there is really no harm in trying.Your own na your own o.

3 Likes

Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
Gbamm youve said it all
ifedun2: Some houseowners could be terrible.
They feel they own the world.
But NO poster-you dont have to worship your landlord and his family.Respect yourself,pay your rent as at when due and mind your own business and when they are stepping beyond their bounds,call them to order as politely as possible.
Beyond this,please work towards getting a place of your own,no matter how small.Yes, I know some people will say 'we all can't own houses now'.Yeah,that's true,but there is really no harm in trying.Your own na your own o.
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by Daresh(f): 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
beordune: I stay in a compound of five flats, my landlord occupy the second floor, and I share the first floor with his mother,while two other tenants share the ground floor.
On Sunday while trying to bring out my landlord's visitor car from my compound, cos he packed behind me..cos I knew it would be difficult for me to move out the next day cos am an early riser, so to avoid the early morning disturbance I called them to come move their car so that I can packed behind them,only for me to be told the owner can't come out again for the day, so I had to move the car my self since nobody could volunteer driving it.

So while moving the car on a reverse, though slowly, I observed the brake wasn't good, thank God for a big stone in front of the other neighbor's house that stopped the back tire. I came out of the car and asked if I had injured anyone and I was told "NO".
After re-parking the two cars back into the car park I decided to apologies to some old women who had already gathered around the scene, and there they told me two of their kids were almost hurt, contrary to what I was told earlier, so I pay their mothers a courtesy visit.
From what I notice, all the noise of been hurt were exaggerations, I dint even do as if i know that; I just continued with my apologies.

My worries began when I got home last night and my younger brother told me that my landlord's mother who was staying in the flat behind mine asked after that I see her.
And when I finally did that night, she talked about the issue with the neighbors, she was complaining bitterly that something of such happened and I disrespected her by not telling her, she talked to the extent that henceforth she's going to tell me to start parking my car outside (eventhough we have a car park), the worst happened when her last son who should be in his twenties stood up to interrupt our discussion, and said I was talking rubbish when I said I dint take what happened as something that is that serious, cos to me, it had been settled when the stuff happened.

Now my question:
Does been a tenant mean one will be paying homage or worshiping his/her landlord or family?

Ol boy you try o! I have always made sure I dont live with ANY LANDLORD. They are pure tyrants. Thank God my landlord is a good man. Doesn't have time for this crap.
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by jumzzy448: 4:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
Op, like you've been told, just apologise for peace to reign. But you parking your car outside, don't even agree to that. There's no way you'll park your car outside when you have car park in your compound. If they want to impose nonsense on you, pls stand your ground. Show them you have madness too.
There was a day my landlord tried rubbish with me, though it's a shop.
My mum came to my shop to visit me, there was no place to park her car so she decided to park at the back of his car. When the idioot wanted to move out, he came to my shop and told my mum that he learnt she's the one that parked at his back. My mum was like ooh sorry, let me remove it when he said '' if you've been parking at the back of people's car, don't you ever park at my back again". My mum did not even answer but went ahead to remove her car. I was already fuming with anger where I was seated.
Thank God it wasn't up to twenty mins when he came back. I walked up to him before he even stepped out of the car and told him mister, if you don't want me as a tenant, you can as well give me back my money and i'll get out of your shop. What nonsense, don't you have manners or what, or you think because you are landlord I should worship the ground you walk on. I told him i'm a landlady myself but I don't go tormenting and intimidating my tenants. Infact I insulted him so much that day and since then he doesn't look for my trouble again.
I even told him everyday you keep announcing you are the landlord of this building, why don't you save yourself the stress and just put a placard on your neck with the inscription ''i'm the landlord of this building" rubbish.
The stupid man has created so much fear in his tenants that whenever he steps into the complex, everybody gets confused. I told him I won't take that shit.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by EfemenaXY: 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
Na wa o!

Nigerians and their gra-gra approach to almost everything, plus everyone's sense of entitlement.

@OP, I know it's annoying being in the situation you find yourself it. Not nice but for the time being, do all you can to be on good terms with them even if it means swallowing your pride. Why? because you stand to lose more (affordability, proximity to work, and so on). Na Naija you dey where anything goes. I'm guessing there was no signed tenancy agreement between you and your landlord so he is at liberty to refund your rent and throw you out at will.

In the meantime, turn this negative experience into something positive. Use it as your motivation to try your very best...strive to get your very own home / house.

All the best.
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by coogar: 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2014
beordune: I stay in a compound of five flats, my landlord occupy the second floor, and I share the first floor with his mother,while two other tenants share the ground floor.

Now my question:

no, it doesn't mean you should be worshipping your landlady. however, familiarity breeds contempt! the only reason you were given such dressing-down is because you have been too familiar with your landlord. if we investigate you thoroughly, i am sure you have taken several plates of amala or okro or even lending blender from them.

all these things leave room for disrespect!

2 Likes

Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
I don't get the story, did you just say you drove another person's car without their permission?
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
coogar:

no, it doesn't mean you should be worshipping your landlady. however, familiarity breeds contempt! the only reason you were given such dressing-down is because you have been too familiar with your landlord. if we investigate you thoroughly, i am sure you have taken several plates of amala or okro or even lending blender from them.

lwkmd @ eating amala and okro at landlords place,place or borrowing blender.coogar you will not kill me gringringrin please who does that? Haba abeg suffri with the exaggeration grin
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by soulglo: 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
coogar:

LMAO. I pray for the day that you will act normal.
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by breathless(m): 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
The more reason I say I will not stay in the same compound with any landlord, their relatives or proxies.

1 Like

Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by beordune(m): 8:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
alutacontinua: I don't get the story, did you just say you drove another person's car without their permission?

Yes, I drove the car with a permission to re-park, cos I would leave the house before any of the tenants wake up.
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by EfemenaXY: 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
Abeg what's wrong with borrowing your neighbour's blender and vice-versa? embarassed undecided
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2014
Efemena_xy: Abeg what's wrong with borrowing your neighbour's blender and vice-versa? embarassed undecided

ahan efe! Haba.it should not be you that should be asking this kind of question.why you con dey fall my hand na.anyway it is a very terrible behaviour to be borrowing blender from your neighbour talkless of your landlord.it is very bad.infact it is as bad as sharing the same pants or bra with your friend
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
This thread wont make FP undecided
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by coogar: 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
kulyie: lwkmd @ eating amala and okro at landlords place,place or borrowing blender.coogar you will not kill me gringringrin please who does that? Haba abeg suffri with the exaggeration grin

a lot of people don't respect themselves in the name of being traditional. in their bid not to appear as a snob, they lose integrity & respect.

soul_glo:
LMAO. I pray for the day that you will act normal.

better stop laughing with your arsë, you will fall down on that treadmill of yours one day.

Efemena_xy: Abeg what's wrong with borrowing your neighbour's blender and vice-versa? embarassed undecided

nothing should be wrong with such in a sane society but in nigeria, it can bring contempt. cheap gossips, dog abuses, backstabbing, etc. in a compound filled with busybodies, the less you associate with them, the better for you.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by tellwisdom: 1:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
Oh, so you get car??
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 30, 2018
This is why I hate living in thesame compound with my landlord and other tenants.
Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by Pavore9: 7:43am On Dec 30, 2018
Paying rent confers you some rights but I suggest you start looking for another apartment.

1 Like

Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by tabithababy(f): 9:10am On Dec 30, 2018
Living with a landlord is a very great mistake especially in this Lagos embarassed

1 Like

Re: Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:57am On Dec 30, 2018
tabithababy:
Living with a landlord is a very great mistake especially in this Lagos embarassed
I stand to disagree, I live with my landlord and no baggar disrespect me you know why?

Presentation, when I first came with my agent, I bought beer because the landlady sells beer, I drank my beer and the landlord wanted me to buy I clearly told him no.

When I paid the rent, the landlady only knew my brother as I was very busy, a day came, I was there with my painter and she confronted me I told her blank, I rented this place, while I was smoking my cigarette and drinking my beer.

Attitude, I greet when I like, if I don't like I walk past anybody no one questions me. When I greet they all answer like secondary school student answering to their teacher.

In my compound m landlady's beer palour has a dstv, never for once I have I sat there to watch soccer, I make sure I subscribe and watch whatever I like in my crib, i don't charge phone in anyone's house I rather stay without power and no bqggar nears my door when I put on my gen.

Attitude. undecided undecided undecided

Three weeks ago, I met my landlord and his friend sitted, I told them to take whatever they want from his wife's shop and I paid 5k without anyone asking me. Attitude, on Christmas day he wanted to buy me beer maybe to reciprocate what I did I told him i don't want to drink. Attitude,

I suspected my neighbor was cheating us with power bills, I walked up to her with my cigarette and demanded all bills paid till date she ran in to get them for me attitude.

When my landlord delayed in providing agreement, I confronted him and told him I needed it, he was given me excuses that I should go to the lawyer I told him sir I cant do that, I told him to call my agent to do that, I paid agency fee with my eyes red like I was going to kill him. attitude.

I can go no and on. It's how you present yourself that matters.

undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

19-year-old Murders Entire Family To Inherit Fortune / Disciplining Your Wife / Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.