Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

ICAN 2014 May Diet - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ICAN 2014 May Diet (6390 Views)

Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts / Pls When Can I Register For ICAN 2014 May Diet? / ICAN 2013 May Diet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICAN 2014 May Diet by shalomtemmy(f): 6:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
Im about to register for ICAN may diet.please, can someone recommend some good text books for PE1 courses because i was told not to rely on study pack.thanks
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
For IT, AAA and MA. The study packs would be just fine if you do your job well!(They worked for me...May 2013) but the more materials you get, the better your chances so, Drury's Mgt and Cost Accounting or Adeniji for MA(a lot of people hype that book)

For FA, go online for IFRS. Google is your friend. Type "IFRS PDF" and you'll get a few good results. Get a good book on Group accounts (preferably Foreign.) And a good book onMiscellaneous accounts. I can help you with the book I used for Group (if u live in Benin) but you will need someone to explain certain "li2" changes to you. So, maybe a good lecture would help.
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by shalomtemmy(f): 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
Centdonald1: For IT, AAA and MA. The study packs would be just fine if you do your job well!(They worked for me...May 2013) but the more materials you get, the better your chances so, Drury's Mgt and Cost Accounting or Adeniji for MA(a lot of people hype that book)

For FA, go online for IFRS. Google is your friend. Type "IFRS PDF" and you'll get a few good results. Get a good book on Group accounts (preferably Foreign.) And a good book onMiscellaneous accounts. I can help you with the book I used for Group (if u live in Benin) but you will need someone to explain certain "li2" changes to you. So, maybe a good lecture would help.
pls can u tell me d name of the textbook nd author,im in kano nw
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by boofydon: 11:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
shalomtemmy: Im about to register for ICAN may diet.please, can someone recommend some good text books for PE1 courses because i was told not to rely on study pack.thanks
I hoping to take foundation stage too! Have u registered? D study pack I downloaded on d ican site aint opening dnt knw y
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by shalomtemmy(f): 7:25am On Jan 09, 2014
no,im abt to register
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by boofydon: 7:39am On Jan 09, 2014
shalomtemmy: no,im abt to register
Have you tried to download the study pack on the site? The one I downloaded didn't open!
Hopefully I get a tution center in ibadan
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by opeyemmmy(m): 8:39am On Jan 10, 2014
shalomtemmy: Im about to register for ICAN may diet.please, can someone recommend some good text books for PE1 courses because i was told not to rely on study pack.thanks

Management Accounting - (Adeniyi Adeniji) Insight to Management Accounting

Advanced Audit and Assurance - (Adeniyi Adeniyi) Audit and Assurance Services (?)

Financial Accounting - (Innocent Okwousa) Financial Accounting
ACCA DIFR (BPP) for the IFRS part.

Information Technology - ICAN study pack should be sufficient.

In addition to the above, ensure you get and solve Q&As for past diets.

Good luck.
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by shalomtemmy(f): 8:44am On Jan 10, 2014
opeyemmmy:

Management Accounting - (Adeniyi Adeniji) Insight to Management Accounting

Advanced Audit and Assurance - (Adeniyi Adeniyi) Audit and Assurance Services (?)

Financial Accounting - (Innocent Okwousa) Financial Accounting
ACCA DIFR (BPP) for the IFRS part.

Information Technology - ICAN study pack should be sufficient.

In addition to the above, ensure you get and solve Q&As for past diets.

Good luck.
thank u very much
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by opeyemmmy(m): 8:44am On Jan 10, 2014
boofydon:
I hoping to take foundation stage too! Have u registered? D study pack I downloaded on d ican site aint opening dnt knw y

It should open. Were you trying to open it on a phone or pc?
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by ednut1(m): 8:50am On Jan 10, 2014
d study pack are sufficient jare. but once u dont understand a particular topic. consult anoda text book. been using jst study packs since ats 1 . nd revise jst d last diet pathfinder. worked for me all thru. except for fin mgt I fail in may. nd I stopped lessons at ats 1. find out wat works for u
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by ednut1(m): 8:52am On Jan 10, 2014
boofydon:
Have you tried to download the study pack on the site? The one I downloaded didn't open!
Hopefully I get a tution center in ibadan
same tin happen to me den. use a different computer / laptop to download it
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by Gboliwe: 10:27am On Jan 10, 2014
Signing in.
I haven't yet decided on what diet to start with this year but I am certain by God's grace, I will write one or both this year.

In the mean time, let me make myself available here, I am sure I will learn a thing or two
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by hayoakins(m): 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2014

For IT, ensure you cover ICAN pack pali to pali but that is not enough until you solve and understand at least 10 past diet questions...cram the short question answers if you must.

For AAA, ICAN pack and get John Uzu's textbook, that guys simplified it...ensure you get Pathfinder and solve at least 10 diets questions too.

For FA, i used ACCA F7, ICAN Pack and FAMS Volume 1 and 2....F7 for Group A/c and IFRS/IAS related
ICAN pack and FAMS 1 and 2 for Miscellaneous
get ICAN pathfinder not latter than 2010, solve the question in ACCA F7 and download some ACCA F7 past questions and answer
visit www.iasplus.com to learn more about IAS and IFRS
I got the ACCA F7 for 5000NGN from Simon Page abi na School, Magodo...i ordered online...i saw on Youtube that it is being sold for 4500NGN now

For MGT Accounting, Ican pack, J. Oguns Mgt Accounting or Adeniji's and most importantly solve past questions

Reason i kept mentioning solving past questions is that if you dare enter ICAN exam center after studying ICAN packs without solving past questions is like you committing suicide...you need to get yourself familiar with ICAN questions, know their techniques and work on timing yourself.

ICAN was never over-rated as been the most difficult exam set by any Nigerian Professional body, it is the fact. It is feared because it brings out the best in people... I tell people who want to learn how to read but don't to know to read to only register for ICAN, no one, i repeat, no one will beg them to read. The fear of ICAN reference is the beginning of wisdom

I remember while preparing for last diet, i had to relocate to a student environment to motivate myself, LUTH was the best option...it got to a point that medical students were scared of ICAN because for the 2weeks that i was on leave, the students leave me in the morning studying and return in the evening meeting me still studying...I wrote P.E1...am sure i will laugh come January 16 when i check the result...wish me success smiley

With all said...ICAN is not by i sabi book oh, you need GOD's help...ICAN can be madden embarassed

If you are in Lagos and got the money, register with a tested and trust tutorial ICAN centre e.g. SAFE Associates (Surulere), Student PYE (Yaba), Riskfree (Anthony), WYSE (Maryland)....i used SAFE and those guys are loaded and experienced...OGUNS made Management Accounting fun and easy to learn cheesy

2 Likes

Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by shalomtemmy(f): 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2014
hayoakins:

For IT, ensure you cover ICAN pack pali to pali but that is not enough until you solve and understand at least 10 past diet questions...cram the short question answers if you must.

For AAA, ICAN pack and get John Uzu's textbook, that guys simplified it...ensure you get Pathfinder and solve at least 10 diets questions too.

For FA, i used ACCA F7, ICAN Pack and FAMS Volume 1 and 2....F7 for Group A/c and IFRS/IAS related
get ICAN pathfinder not latter than 2010, solve the question in ACCA F7 and download some ACCA F7 past questions and answer
I got the ACCA F7 for 5000NGN from Simon Page abi na School, Magodo...i ordered online...i saw on Youtube that it is being sold for 4500NGN now

For MGT Accounting, Ican pack, J. Oguns Mgt Accounting or Adeniji's and most importantly solve past questions

Reason i kept mentioning solving past questions is that if you dare enter ICAN exam center after studying ICAN packs without solving past questions is like you committing suicide...you need to get yourself familiar with ICAN questions, know their techniques and work on timing yourself.

ICAN was never over-rated as been the most difficult exam set by any Nigerian Professional body, it is the fact. It is feared because it brings out the best in people... I tell people who want to learn how to read but don't to know to read to only register for ICAN, no one, i repeat, no one will beg them to read. The fear of ICAN reference is the beginning of wisdom

I remember while preparing for last diet, i had to relocate to a student environment to motivate myself, LUTH was the best option...it got to a point that medical students were scared of ICAN because for the 2weeks that i was on leave, the students leave me in the morning studying and return in the evening meeting me still studying...I wrote P.E1...am sure i will laugh come January 16 when i check the result...wish me success smiley

With all said...ICAN is not by i sabi book oh, you need GOD's help...ICAN can be madden embarassed

If you are in Lagos and got the money, register with a tested and trust tutorial ICAN centre e.g. SAFE Associates (Surulere), Student PYE (Yaba), Riskfree (Anthony), WYSE (Maryland)....i used SAFE and those guys are loaded and experienced...OGUNS made Management Accounting fun and easy to learn cheesy
thank u very much,i wish u d very best
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by Tmany(m): 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
what advise can you guys give someone with a science background that wants to take PE1 this may
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by boofydon: 12:16am On Jan 11, 2014
Tmany: what advise can you guys give someone with a science background that wants to take PE1 this may
Mr tmany, u cant take pe1 exam! U will have to start from foundation tjen intermediate before pe1. For more info go to our website for inquiries
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by pioneer: 7:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
For your ICAN/ACCA lectures, contact Excel
Associates .

Excel Associates is a foremost professional tuition
centre located in Ikorodu that provides lectures for
ATS, ICAN, ACCA, CISA and other programmes. For
enquiries, contact - 07081834869, 09092159476 or e-
mail: excelassociates2020@gmail.com,
info.excelassociates@gmail.com
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
Pls guys, anybody have compregensive video lectures/tutorials PE2 for sale?
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
@HA, I have replied ur PM, waiting for your mail. thanks.
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by PastorAji(m): 9:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
for someone wo has HND in Banking and Finance, which Diet should he start with
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by houseoftuition: 1:32am On Aug 28, 2014
You can now get Chartered from the comfort of your own house at www.IcanLectures.com.ng Even if you are new to the Curriculum,with no previous knowledge, it is our diligent commitment and promise to you, that nevertheless, YOU WILL PASS.

Stay in the comfort of your home or office and we'll bring you as perfect an understanding as is humanly possible.
Give us a try and see that these are no mere words.

Regards
The IcanLectures.com.ng Team
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by pioneer: 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
For your ICAN/ACCA lectures, contact Excel
Associates.

Excel Associates is a foremost professional tuition
centre located in Ikorodu that provides lectures for
ATS, ICAN, ACCA, CISA and other programmes. For
enquiries, contact - 07081834869, 09092159476 or e-
mail: excelassociates2020@gmail.com,
info.excelassociates@gmail.com
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by bennyzer(m): 8:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
hayoakins:

Tnx bro.
Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by olatricia(m): 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hope you are now an ACA?!
hayoakins:

1 Like

Re: ICAN 2014 May Diet by olatricia(m): 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
So.... have you qualified yet?

shalomtemmy:
Im about to register for ICAN may diet.please, can someone recommend some good text books for PE1 courses because i was told not to rely on study pack.thanks

(1) (Reply)

What Are My Chances Of Getting A Job In The United Kingdom? / Chevron Graduate Trainee Program Ogere, Ogun State. Application Is On / Anyone Knows How Much Access Bank Pays Its Front Line Interns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.