Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Certificate Scandal: NBA, CACOL Call For Oduah’s Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Certificate Scandal: NBA, CACOL Call For Oduah’s Removal (590 Views)

Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL / CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola / Group Petitions Military Board, INEC Over Buhari's Certificate Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Certificate Scandal: NBA, CACOL Call For Oduah’s Removal by maasoap(m): 9:06am On Jan 09, 2014
Ms. Stella OduahChairman, Ikeja branch of the Nigerian Bar Association, Mr. Onyekachi Ubani, and the CoalitionAgainst Corrupt Leaders, said on Wednesday that Ms Stella Oduah, who is embroiled in a fresh certificate scandal, was no longer fit as the nation’s Minister of Aviation.CACOL’s Executive Chairman, Mr. Debo Adeniran, said in a telephoneinterview that the scandal was a proof that Oduah was engrossed inprimitive accumulation.An online news media,Sahara Reportershad reported that claim in Oduah’s profile on the Federal Ministry of Aviation’s website that she obtained a Master’s degree in Business Administration from St. Paul’s College in Lawrenceville, Virginia in 1982, had been found tobe false.Authorities at the Saint Paul’s College, Virginia, United States, have said that they are unable to confirm if indeed Oduah, bagged a first degree in Accounting from theinstitution.The President of the institution, Pete Stith, confirmed to one of our correspondents on the telephone on Tuesday that the college had not at any time offered any graduate programme of any kind.Stith said the school had stopped all academic programmes mid last year, adding that the campus would be shut down in 30 days’ time.He said the private college foundedin 1888 was closing down due to “financial reasons.”“No, we do not have any graduate programmes at all,” Stith said.When asked to ascertain if Oduah holds a Bachelor’s degree of the college he said, “I can’t validate anything like that because I just came to close the school down. I’mhere to close the campus down; weare closing the school in 30 days. Academic programmes have since stopped.”Since the news broke that she did not obtain a MBA degree from the college, several attempts had been made to edit her resume and profile on different online platforms.On Wikipedia for instance, her page was edited 19 times between 1.56pm and 5:05pm on Tuesday. Previous calls for her removal when the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority allegedly bought two bulletproof cars for her at N255m had been ignored by President Goodluck Jonathan.Ubani said on Wednesday that withthe latest scandal there should be no reason to retain the woman as a minister.He said, “It is becoming very embarrassing. When the news broke out, I was concerned about whether thorough investigation was done before the story was published. But when by the secondday the woman started deleting therecords online, I knew something was in the offing.“This was the same woman who broke extant laws in buying bulletproof cars far above the allowed limits, I think something has to be done now. It is even the right time for the woman to speak out.“If such a person that lies about her certificate can spend additionalsecond in office, it shows how badly we have descended as a nation.”
On his part, Adeniran said, “It is aneye opener to the fact that the woman is engrossed in primitive accumulation. If she had been properly educated she would not have engaged in prebendal politicswith which she curried the favour of President Jonathan.“It also shows how merit and technical competence have been sacrificed in appointing public officers.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/certificate-scandal-nba-cacol-call-for-oduahs-removal/
Re: Certificate Scandal: NBA, CACOL Call For Oduah’s Removal by maasoap(m): 9:07am On Jan 09, 2014
”Since the news broke that she did not obtain a MBA degree from the college, several attempts had been made to edit her resume and profile on different online platforms.
Re: Certificate Scandal: NBA, CACOL Call For Oduah’s Removal by Ronnie65(f): 9:34am On Jan 09, 2014
A follower is a true reflection of the leader.

Jonathan should also be investigated for his Doctorate degree.

He is too incompetent for a Ph.D holder.

1 Like

Re: Certificate Scandal: NBA, CACOL Call For Oduah’s Removal by Ballotti: 9:51am On Jan 09, 2014
Abeg make GEJ find work for these HUNGRY 'ABATIS'! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Keyamo Faults Jonathan’ On Service Chiefs - Threatens Legal Action Within 14days / I Am No. 1000 On Jonathan’s Political Watch List / CHIBOK GIRLS: Why I Have Had To Remain Quiet- Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.