Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? (7619 Views)

Do You Eat Eba With Your Hand Or Cutlery. WHY? / Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity / Foods You Should Eat With The Peel On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by CoCoLav(f): 6:47am On Jun 28, 2014
Yes i do undecided

I was taught in church when i became a teenager, i had to get accustomed to it by force because of the environment i usually found myself. Sometimes i use it to eat swallow when i feel like my hands are really dirty or when i dont trust the washing bowl or water in the cafeteria.

Its just always easier for me to use a serviette and clean the cutlery and be comfortable than to start wondering how many people had used that washing bowl before me and if its been washed.

I admit its not really fun but its better.
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 28, 2014
Dp
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 28, 2014
Na Laugh: 70% of the time. The other 30% involves a sandwich.

Na only when i see pounded yam chop na im i dey wash hand. Unfortunately that happens only once a year, when i hit up
the Naija Independence in NY. even then i no go lie, i have to use a fork at times- NOT coz it's more convenient or enjoyable for poundo (coz it's not).

BUT coz when i hit up the after-party, start dey arrange one babe, make e no be say my hand com dey smell egusi-egusi cheesy
u know that ish dey hard to wash comot for hand.

New Yorker?? I go to the parade every year!
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by englishmart(m): 6:56am On Jun 28, 2014
I dey even eat eBa with cutlery.
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by pcaptain38(f): 6:58am On Jun 28, 2014
My Heart goes out to everyone who has been affected in one way or the other by bombing in nigeria
watch and comment @assurancemama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ8uAlQsU6c
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by DocAdray(f): 7:25am On Jun 28, 2014
I don't use more than one cutlery at a time. If its spoon (rice, beans, etc), then its spoon!
If I'm using fork (indomie, yam, etc), then its fork!

I've never used knife to eat before...

*covers face*
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 28, 2014
softsparky: Lynpetra I hv been looking for you . Thank God I found you.

I dey here jarethem don pour San San for my garri.No wahala.
The ministry is still moving.
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Ishilove: 8:00am On Jun 28, 2014
Who am I fooling? Abeg I don't have time for that nonsense. I use a spoon to shovel rice, beans and yam porridge, while I use a fork for noodles and spagghetti. For swallow, I use my bare hands. I know how to use a knife and fork but nothing beats using your bare hands. I don't know if it's my imagination but food kinda tastes better with the bare hands. grin
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Onlinebizexpert(m): 8:00am On Jun 28, 2014
Wetin concern me and cutlery when i dey busy dey chop slap
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Amaso99(m): 8:03am On Jun 28, 2014
[quote
author=janetDurling]Serzly.....I don't knw how to use cutlery. Could
remember when my ex took me to a restuarant to eat....I was unable to
eat with knife nd fork so I asked for spoon...ate chicken with my
hand.....#coversface.....d guy undstd sha[/quote]Like your style. the worst is that you wont even enjoy the food. #cutlerywahala#
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Onlinebizexpert(m): 8:03am On Jun 28, 2014
Doc. Adray:
I don't use more than one cutlery at a time. If its spoon (rice, beans, etc), then its spoon!
If I'm using fork (indomie,), then its fork!
Are you actually a doctor, am still a medical student looking for senior friends
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by coolzeal(m): 8:19am On Jun 28, 2014
Cutleries, I use when needed in public places but I cannot dispute the fact that, eating meat and swallow with hand taste better. Culture baby
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Solodegreat24(m): 8:30am On Jun 28, 2014
U dey eat togeda wt friends(consumers guys) and u want eat with fork, na empty belle u go tey slp b dat.
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by johndanny(m): 8:31am On Jun 28, 2014
Who cares about cutlery...damn!!
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Tayeni(m): 8:59am On Jun 28, 2014
MissMeiya: I always smh when I see someone eating fufu with fork. I mean, come on, you don't see Indians eating naan with knife and fork, they use their hands. Chinese people use their chopsticks. So why we should we adopt foreign tools for our food? Mtchew.

And besides, it never tastes as good as when you use your hands (because you can get just the right proportions...)
never?i use fork and I enjoy semo and fufu as much as the next guy using fingers. Just a habit i developed from being lazy to go wash with soap after each meal. I cant stand the lingering smell of food on my hand after meals. Ive grown so used to forks that i always make a mess on the rare occasions i try to blend in with the crowd by using my fingers.
Forks combined with knives is a different issue entirely....i no too sabi that one. I think it was started by a leftie.....cos i was told to always use my left to shove food into mouth. Awkward
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by tlops(m): 9:49am On Jun 28, 2014
Everyday. if you mean fork and knife, then that depends on what I am eating, mostly with yam, meat and any food that I cant put a large chunk of in my mouth. so rather often thrice a week or less.
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Gaskia: 9:52am On Jun 28, 2014
Eba with cutlery is an imposed thinking on us. Whatever the reason though I am compelled sometimes to do it......, it is a cultural blunder.
No one has been able to coerce the Chinese people to see chop stick as inferior.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Lexcom20(m): 10:11am On Jun 28, 2014
u go first ask me weda i get dinning table b4 u ask me weda i use cutleries to eat abi na 4 d 2 rooms wey almost 8 people dey stay u go see space put dinning table, as som1 rightly said it is a borrowed culture so na hand all d way

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by DanTrizy(m): 11:17am On Jun 28, 2014
When hunger go the tear my belly, me go the try so that i go rush the food with my bare hands or spoon...hehe cutlery no just follow join.
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by redsun(m): 12:13pm On Jun 28, 2014
The core essence of cutleries is to keep you safe from germs,especially for those of you that doesn't wash your hands with antibacteria soap after going to the loo.There is no big about it,it is just a thoughtful innovation of man that helps him deal with unseen monsters around.

If you must eat with your bare hands,make sure you wash thoroughly with soap and dry it properly before munching.
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by blakky97(m): 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2014
Why should I eat with cutlery? Am I a cultist?
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:59pm On Jun 28, 2014
Some Girls Be Like.....

Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by YoungDaNaval(m): 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

Yes, they use to force my father to do all sorts of Western rubbish in seminary. And when he was growing up in the village, he was an altar boy for a missionary.

Punishment for speaking our language, given a Christian name, and ohhh yes, the fork and knife.

But they couldn't erase our culture: he still speaks our language more purely and eloquently than most of our people. (Anyway, it's not surprising, the younger generation can barely speak at all...)

However, if you misuse cutlery in front of him, na wa for you.
Abe who ask you? Bizzy Body!
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2014
Young Da Naval: Abe who ask you? Bizzy Body!

The OP. Dumbass.
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by YoungDaNaval(m): 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

The OP. Dumbass.
Dumbass? I Jump And Pass!

Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Ufranklin92(m): 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2014
Bleep cultery

Spoon na best shocked
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Btruth: 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2014
lynpetra: Cutlery ke?
Ajekpako like me no need cutlery undecided
angry
Give me shovel or better still I can eat with my hands!!!

Infact put the food for nylon,I go dey suck am from a small opening at the tip. cheesy
see why I missed nairaland die for this past one week, when hackers go attack them? Guy, you are too much, I enjoy that "wanke" stuff (rice & beans cooked together) in that manner too.
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
MissMeiya: I always smh when I see someone eating fufu with fork. I mean, come on, you don't see Indians eating naan with knife and fork, they use their hands. Chinese people use their chopsticks. So why we should we adopt foreign tools for our food? Mtchew.

And besides, it never tastes as good as when you use your hands (because you can get just the right proportions...)

Abi naow..... i go enter cafeteria go chop with friends.... them go order for fufu, eba, semo then kan finally pick fork join put for the food... i go just shake my head... wetin dey pain me pass na if we dey house for area them no dey look fork side ooooh.. yeye bunch of peoples..

As for me anytime anyday na to wash hand chop food ni oooh..

if e bad reach, na to carry spoon and thats if i get cut for hand for something....

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by Peddylove(f): 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2014
Nothing beats •̸ϞƔ natural cutlery, though its GƠ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡D τ̅☺ learn n practice d use of cutlery cos u never can tell where u'll find urself.
Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by NaLaugh: 7:39pm On Jun 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

New Yorker?? I go to the parade every year!

nah. Boston. We just hit up the parade almost every year.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? by STENON(f): 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2014
its a must for me wheneva I'm at Home......Bt Wen I'm in school, I dnt evn remember to make-use of such.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make Edible Lace For Cake Decorating / Garri With Milk And Sugar And Ground Pea~~ / How To Make Kunun Zaki (millet Drink Recipe)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.