Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (51211 Views)

Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 / Yaya Toure Is African Footballer For 2012 : Glo CAF Awards 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by matsilver: 12:00am On Jan 10, 2014
Zhangkum: Useless CAF and their Rubbish awards.

What's the criteria sef ?

And for those fools using goals scored ! Must a player score goals in order to be World Footballer ? Haven't you seen GoalKeeper and Defender winning the trophy before ?
how many goalz did canavaro score b4 wining WORLD footballer of year award in 2006. Very soon una go hear say isa hayatu son wey d play bitch socker don caf award.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by paschalndidi(m): 12:00am On Jan 10, 2014
sheymoni: Abrahamovic has made just £1.4m profit since he bought Chelsea. Hw can he make profit? He hired jet for mikel to come & watch the coronation of yaya. Whatever happen to cable TV only him can tell
you re a fool. What has abramovich got to do with this award?
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 12:00am On Jan 10, 2014
ROCK-J:
Man city won both senior and junior african best players. Yaya and iheanacho... up man city
happy 4 iheanacho bt sad 4 mikel
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by trustedward(m): 12:00am On Jan 10, 2014
***STUDYING***
Notice how they conveniently put"DYING"at the end of
this word.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by xtraordinariguy(m): 12:01am On Jan 10, 2014
jotey: sorry bt i feel lyk punching you so that i can sleep better
really I have a list of those u can punch if dat would make u feel better..u know I care about u.. Very unfortunately u can't c me2 punch..hahahahahah
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by ideyvexnow: 12:01am On Jan 10, 2014
negationhboy:

I like how you used 'won' instead of 'help'.

And as you will see in a few days, the winner of the ballon d'or will probably be another player who didn't win anything. Or maybe by your logic, Mikel should should win ballon d'or instead of Ronaldo.

CAF should come out now and tell us what criteria they are using to judge who should win the Best player, is it trophies won or individual brilliance?.

No need to keep shifting the post to favour french speaking countries. Remember that they did the same thing to Jay Jay.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by trustedward(m): 12:02am On Jan 10, 2014
APC blames Goodluck Jonathan for Mikels loss.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by internetpo(m): 12:02am On Jan 10, 2014
Ojoro . what did toure win.
No sentiments but mikel shd have won
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by densil(m): 12:02am On Jan 10, 2014
pls is yaya a porm star? pls who is yaya toure?
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Werehkpe: 12:02am On Jan 10, 2014
I hear say Chelsea gave Mikel a private jet to fly into Nigeria?

He is lucky Wenger is not the coach of Chelsea.

Wenger would have told him to come back with d jet and the fuel money. LOL

But if na NFF use jet convey Mikel to 9ja, and im no win, Mikel for don de treck go London by now. LOL
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 12:03am On Jan 10, 2014
matsilver: how many goalz did canavaro score b4 wining WORLD footballer of year award in 2006. Very soon una go hear say isa hayatu son wey d play bitch socker don caf award.
abeg help me ask am
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by sunygal(f): 12:03am On Jan 10, 2014
Paroman:
I bet u didn't say this when the
award eluded Mohammed Aboutrika 3
consecutive times when he won
the nations cup with Egypt,
african champions league and
the Egyptian league with Al Ahly.
But hypocrites like u are ready to
bring ''best player in Africa''
when it suits Mikel.
u r a big fool o!did u read my comment?am I nt entitled to my own opinion again?I said wat I was tinking?so wats d big deal?u r d hypocrite.idiot
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by paschalndidi(m): 12:04am On Jan 10, 2014
segnys007: what did you expect him to say. To say Mikel can't play sh*t? He was trying to be diplomatic !
At least he knew mikel deserved it as well but the fool i was responding to his comment, talked as if mikel didnt do anything.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 12:04am On Jan 10, 2014
xtraordinariguy: really I have a list of those u can punch if dat would make u feel better..u know I care about u.. Very unfortunately u can't c me2 punch..hahahahahah

no its 2 i wan 2 punch..my left wil send u straight 2 hospital
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by emmysam2: 12:06am On Jan 10, 2014
[b]Am a Nigerian, Am a Chelsea fan. For patroitism sake, I wouldnt have mind if Mikel won the AFOY. But Let us leave sentiments aside, Yaya Toure deserved it than Mikel. Haba, even a blind man can see clearly that Yaya is more resourceful and a better player than Mikel. Yaya is indispensible in Man City, whereas Chelsea can do without Mikel.
Imagine flaunting Mikel is African best to the world ! Abeg, Abeg Yaya Toure can be readily accepted by the world as AFOY than Mikel.
I keep hearing people talking about how many trophies did Yaya win last year compared to what Mikel won. African Footballer of the year is an individual award, not a team award. Individually, if we want to compare them, Yaya is way ahead of Mikel. Is it in terms of market value?, Is it in terms of team and national countribution?, Is it in terms of goals scored and assists made? Any coach will definitely certainly pick Yaya Toure ahead of Mikel Obi if he has to choose between the two.
Imagine both of them in the same team in Chelsea alongside Ramires. I can bet the money that Yaya will definitely bench both Ramires and Mikel.
Mikel should up his game and do more this year.
Thank God the awards took place in Lagos. I bet people would have cried more foul if the award was[/b] done outside Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 12:06am On Jan 10, 2014
densil: pls is yaya a porm star? pls who is yaya toure?
a man 4rm pluto
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by antifat(m): 12:09am On Jan 10, 2014
what d Bleep are u sayin' is african
football base in performance in europe?....can't u just reason for
a minute,yaya played d AFCON together with Mikel and we saw
everytin wat are u sayin'......d last two edition of south america
player of d year was given to ronaldihno and Neymar,why not
Messi,u sud better wake up

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 12:10am On Jan 10, 2014
emmysam2: [b]Am a Nigerian, Am a Chelsea fan. For patroitism sake, I wouldnt have mind if Mikel won the AFOY. But Let us leave sentiments aside, Yaya Toure deserved it than Mikel. Haba, even a blind man can see clearly that Yaya is more resourceful and a better player than Mikel. Yaya is indispensible in Mancity, whereas Chelsea can do without Mikel.
Imagine flaunting Mikel is African best to the world ! Abeg, Abeg Yaya Toure can be readily accepted by the world as AFOY than Mikel.
I keep hearing people talking about how many trophies did Yaya won last year compared to what Mikel won. African Footballer of the year is an individual award, not a team award. Individually, if we want to compare them, Yaya is way ahead of Mikel. Is it in terms of market value?, Is it interms of team and national countribution?, Is it in terms of goals scored and assists made? Any coach will definitely ceratinly pick Yaya Toure ahead of Mikel Obi if he has to choose between the two.
Imagine both of them in the same team in Chelsea alongside Ramires. I can bet the money that Yaya will definitely bench both Ramires and Mikel.
Mikel should up his game and do more this year.
Thank God the awards took place in Lagos. I bet people would have cried more foul if the award was[/b] done outside Nigeria.
pls wot has yaya toure won..wot did he win last season?..caf is cheating nigeria..if it was individual brilliance they used den y didnt okocha win it in 2004?

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by BinghiNya(m): 12:10am On Jan 10, 2014
ideyvexnow: Fact: Mikel won trophies for both club and country last year, while Yaya Toure didn't anything..

If Yaya is such a great player, then why couldn't he help either his club or country to win trophies.

His club Man City lost to a relegation bound Wigan Athletic in the FA cup final and yet he is our player of the year
the same yaya destroyed chelsea 3 times last season and in the fa cup
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by POPEII: 12:11am On Jan 10, 2014
well deserved
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by sunygal(f): 12:11am On Jan 10, 2014
kiyosaki1: Same goes for Messi.But bros you and me know say Mikel no dey same level with Yahaya for ball sense sentiment apart.Na case of Messi and Cr7

haha,yea I knww na,js my tot sha
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by sprado(m): 12:12am On Jan 10, 2014
naw make i hear those ones ddat would blame GEJ
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by HAH: 12:12am On Jan 10, 2014
: Mikel should start small, win the Player of the Month in the EPL, then aspire for player of the year
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Ibehdonl(m): 12:12am On Jan 10, 2014
BREAKING NEWS! CAF AWARDS FOR THE YEAR 2013: (1.) Youth National Team of the Year goes to Nigeria U-17 team *(2.) Team of the year 2013 goes to Super Eagles of Nigeria *(3.) Club of the year goes to Ahly of Egypt *(4.) CAF Fair Play Award goes to Nigerian Supporters Club *(5.) Coach of the year award goes to Coach Stephen Keshi of Nigeria *(6.) Most promising player of year 2013 goes to Kelechi Iheanacho of Nigeria *(7.) Referee of the Year goes to Haimoudi Djamel *(8.) African player of the year 2013 goes to Yaya Toure Ivory Coast, while Runner-up goes to John Mikel Obi of Nigeria *(9.)...... For more news go to https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=705291689483120&refid=46 Don't forget to click 'like'
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Opera240: 12:13am On Jan 10, 2014
ideyvexnow: Fact: Mikel won trophies for both club and country last year, while Yaya Toure didn't anything..

If Yaya is such a great player, then why couldn't he help either his club or country to win trophies.

His club Man City lost to a relegation bound Wigan Athletic in the FA cup final and yet he is our player of the year
. See u, and when it comes to balloon d'or winner....I know you will want ronaldo to win it except if you are a barca fans and ronaldo didn't win anything last year o

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by AkereP(m): 12:13am On Jan 10, 2014
Evry body are sayin their mind......4 obi to b amng D nominees show dat he is gud player.my 2cend.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by BinghiNya(m): 12:13am On Jan 10, 2014
phreakabit:

[size=15pt]Also represented Africa in the champions league and Europa cup finals. . . . People talking about individual display should remember that Seydou Keita won it in the same year he had less than 15 appearances for FC Barcelona. CAF should come out and clarify the criteria being used in this their fraudulent francophone awards. What did they say when it was A clearly inform and superior JJ Okocha in his Zenith vs an out of form Samuel Eto? Shouldn't the same principle be applied here?[/size]
are you suffering from glaucoma, when was etoo out of form
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by ideyvexnow: 12:14am On Jan 10, 2014
BinghiNya: the same yaya destroyed chelsea 3 times last season and in the fa cup

And at the end of the season, what did he win?, NOTHING....
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by BinghiNya(m): 12:15am On Jan 10, 2014
peacelife: congrat 2 him.
but as long as isa kafayatu or wateva is stil d calf or caf president. dnt xpect any nigerian 2 win it.
silly goat, when kanu, ikpeba, yekini, amuneke won, who was caf president
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by xtraordinariguy(m): 12:15am On Jan 10, 2014
Akiika: My Naija people, No be the same eye we dey take watch the premiership?, how do you expect Mikel to win over Toure?
I know you are used to abnormality and injustice, but some societies and organization still have common sense unlike some of you that an incompetent president like GEJ is adjudged to be performing because of atenuje.
Suck it up!
jotey: sorry bt i feel lyk punching you so that i can sleep better
really I have a list of those u can punch if dat would make u feel better..u know I care about u.. Very unfortunately u can't c me2 punch..hahahahahah

[quote author=Akiika]My Naija people, No be the same eye we dey take watch the premiership?, how do you expect Mikel to win over Toure?
I know you are used to abnormality and injustice, but some societies and organization still have common sense unlike some of you that an incompetent president like GEJ is adjudged to be performing because of atenuje.
Suck it up![/quote ***just passing by*
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 10, 2014
antifat: what d Bleep are u sayin' is african
football base in performance in europe?....can't u just reason for
a minute,yaya played d AFCON together with Mikel and we saw
everytin wat are u sayin'......d last two edition of south america
player of d year was given to ronaldihno and Neymar,why not
Messi,u sud better wake up
South America player of the year is meant for ONLY players plying their trade in South America. Messi is in Europe.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by bizibrain(m): 12:20am On Jan 10, 2014
Well dis is a kind of 4ucking blessing in disguise, if mikel really care about dis 4uckin bleeping award, am sure his worldcup performance would b outstanding just like confederations cup, because dats d only avenue 2 display is ability.

Wit regards 2 club performance, I hope mourinho give mikel a free roaming DMF role, I hope he will learn 2 b more offensive nd sometimes b disobedient 2 coach but @ d same tym warry of opponent counter attack...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero / Nigerians Slam Otamendi For Shoving Iheanacho On Instagram / Cristiano Ronaldo's Son Scores Seven Goals In Half For Juventus Youth Team(Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.