Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (51237 Views)

Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 / Yaya Toure Is African Footballer For 2012 : Glo CAF Awards 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
kalusha-iyke:
well deserved....

Yes, he definitely deserves it over mikel.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by bishophenry(m): 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
i didnt even notice thr was award going on.... hayaotu sucks
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by adekanbai: 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
same here, psquare outing was a very bad one
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by peacelife(m): 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
I think CAF should educate coaches on what 2 look out for on what an african award should be b4 de vote... it is 4 d players dat av impact on african football.. nt wt u play in shirtsea or romancecity... we are nt lookin 4 'African.epl' player of d yr. D focus is Africa. Total crap.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by tintingz(m): 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
We are waiting for mikel open letter grin

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Igholize(m): 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
ecolime: I'm really heart-broken. See as CAF humiliate our own person inside our country. cry So painful and sad

Click like if you feel disappointed and pained as well cry
... Wetin I go click if I am not disappointed nd pained ?

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
lymelyte: Well deserved..mikel wen nor get highlight at all. No goals,no assist, very stiff player Mtcheww..
As for Psquare,thier voices looks very horrible on live performance.
lolest u r crazy they are talking about CAF and u put psquare
lymelyte: Well deserved..mikel wen nor get highlight at all. No goals,no assist, very stiff player Mtcheww..
As for Psquare,thier voices looks very horrible on live performance.
lolest u r crazy they are talking about CAF and u put psquare
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by conquerour(m): 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
YAYA Said after He had received the AWARD that " I greet my fellow counterpart most especially JOHN OBI MIKEL who deserved THIS AWARD".
What do u think this mean?
It is a big flurp to CAF officials & African football When the winner knows He didn't deserve the AWARD given to him.
This is the right time for English Speaking African Country to back out of CAF, If not it will continue like this, Franco'fo country has upper hand in Caf than the English.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by auskenfine(m): 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
Hahahahaha make una have pity small na. Naija don collect all the spoon and kettle awards finish,reach for the pot of soup, them carry give Yaya. Okay na, we no lose all at least KELECHI made us proud. We get hope.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by arantess: 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
Snoggy: [size=23]I can count the number of goals Mikel has scored from 2006-2014 for both club and country grin grin

E no even reach 8 grin

Mikel, show us that you deserve something. This isn't about trophies, we are talking individual displays grin

Toure Yaya didn't win any trophy last year, yet he got the award. Same thing for Cristiano Ronaldo. grin[/size]
its actually 4goals in 300 games as at last match....3 in cups, 1 in league....#pisspoor
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by tintingz(m): 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
adekanbai: same here, psquare outing was a very bad one
P'square performance is just a flop
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by EzePromoe: 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
awesome99: i respect your opinion...not jus this one but every of your opinion but i could'nt agree with you on this

Sarcasm tongue
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
Free and Fair Award. Mikel, work harder. Nxt year is ur year. Congrats toure.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Darey00(m): 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
APC blames jonathan for mikel
obis loss of african footballer,
accuses him of been Clueless
Jonathan promises to set up a
committee to look into the
matter
Elrufai screams yaya toure is
number 8 on the sniper list
Obsanjo writes mikel obi a
letter

4 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by bizibrain(m): 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
I'm speechless, av been ecstatic since morning hoping 2 end 2day wit a smile on ma face while in bed, but......... So Afcon na useless trophy, yaya is better dan mikel, accepted, but people fail 2 realise mikel perform more better dan yaya toure last year especially wen both of dem clash nd mikel deserves d award.

So mikel go back 2 stamford bridge empty handed wit chelsea jet.

Make him ready 2 pay 4 fuel o.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Busuyib(f): 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .... mikel them don rub una..wetin yaya toure achieve sef?pass mikei.....robbrey of the highest order those mocking mikel are not chelsea fanx...haters

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by phreakabit(m): 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
mexzony: CAF always contradicts themselves because on their website it says Afican footballer of the year award is for the player who impacted africa in the year in question and looking at yaya's performance for ivorycoast the year in question was nothing to write home about but obi mikel was man of the match three times in the cup of nations and during the qualifiers he was outstanding.
Caf is a joke

[size=15pt]Also represented Africa in the champions league and Europa cup finals. . . . People talking about individual display should remember that Seydou Keita won it in the same year he had less than 15 appearances for FC Barcelona. CAF should come out and clarify the criteria being used in this their fraudulent francophone awards. What did they say when it was A clearly inform and superior JJ Okocha in his Zenith vs an out of form Samuel Eto? Shouldn't the same principle be applied here?[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
Congratulations to Yaya toure for a well deserved award for a man that is diligent in his job.

I am sure all the people who are lamenting about Mikel's loss of the awards are doing so out of sentiments,we as a country have to eschew tribal,ethnic and religious sentiments and abide by the truth in order to move our society forward.

There is enough time left in Mikel's career for him to prove himself worthy of winning the much coveted award.#nuff said.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by bee444: 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
Too much emotion... Mikel didnt deserve it.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by ceeceeco: 11:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
Haywhymido: ode, uncultured fool. Cannavaro get assist? goal? B4 he win world best? Imagine dat nonsense comin out 4rm d mouth of a nigerian.
2ru ur arrogant speech i know u're a chelsea fan. U guys are always arrogant, why? Be urself man.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
arantess:
guy if e pain u, hang abeg tongue tongue

Bruv, you should have ignored that incoherent clown.

Comparing a Yaya Toure who brought back the traditional DM/CM box-to-box player, to Mikel, is blasphemy. A guy that makes you remember the great Lothar Matthaus, Patrick Viera, Frank Rijkaard et al, whenever he's bursting forward should never be in the same sentence with Mikel. And I'm a big Chelsea fan. Not an Abramovich era Chelsea fan, but a Ruud Gullit era Chelsea fan.

4 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Chekyjustice(m): 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
Mehn...dz ain't gud. Tot Mikel would win....
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by patrickmuf(m): 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
Mikel go return Chelsea jet before abramovich swear for your head...Toure is the undisputed best as far as Africa and football is concerned
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Haywhymido(m): 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
Poor continent, Arrant nonsense. Wish i can have d last 2hours of my life back.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
Darey_00: APC blames jonathan for mikel
obis loss of african footballer,
accuses him of been Clueless
Jonathan promises to set up a
committee to look into the
matter
Elrufai screams yaya toure is
number 8 on the sniper list
Obsanjo writes mikel obi a
letter
lwkmd

Lol......u got me cracking this night bro
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Japlon(m): 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
Expected Mikel to run away with this. Better luck next time.But come to think of it o MIKEL really deserve this award pass YAYA
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by theripper3: 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
Aren't there more francophone African countries than Anglophone ones? If it boils down to voting by captains and coaches of these countries , YAYA would win it hands down. Most of us see YAYA dazzle the pitch week in, week out not like the ephemeral brilliance Obi displays.

Yaya is mile ahead of Obi and rightfully deserves this coveted Award.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by yemmy19(m): 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
pukena: Sheer robbery!

Though Mikel was ur favourite but mind u Yaya Toure is someone else favourite,which means u dnt hv to be rude and cheeky if it doesn't go ur own way......one more thng,YAYA TOURE is †ђξ only African man in †ђξ shortlist of FiFa....only a fool will question d award
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Diallo247(m): 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
xp17: when would nigerians start putting sentiments aside and face and acept defeat in the spirirt of sportmanship? yes john obi mikel played , just like christana ronaldo, but they both got a stronger man right in front to stop them. well, not everybody is lucky enough. Though John Obi Mikel played better than Ayo kanute and Emanue adebayo when the duo won this dreaded award , but there wasn't a strong contender at the time. This remind me of when Samuel Eto was on top of the game , we all wanted Jay Jay Okacha to emerge the winner , but deep inside of us we all knew that Samuel Eto performance was exceptional that year and better than that of Jay Jay.

last bomb: [size=18pt]NO BE BY PRIVATE JET

YAYA TOURE ENTER YOUR KEKE NAPE TAKE CARRY UR PROPERTY GO HOUSE[/size]
bros u bad!
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by cheesome(m): 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
IMO Mikel Obi doesnt even deserve to make the shortlist
of the prestigious CAF award, the fact that he did
remains a mystery. Mikel has not been himself since
2005, dashed alot of hopes as he plumetted in the
game. Mikel should take solace in the fact that CAF
recognised his effort to rejuvenate himself. Talking about
Drogba, im sure Drogba himself know he shouldn't be
on the list, he was just honored as one of the football
king of our time...
YAYA TOURE most definately deserved what he got, you
knw what he got right? Well incase you dont know...
YAYA TOURE IS AND DESERVES TO BE THE AFRICAN
FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR...THANK YOU FOR PUTTING
AFRICA ON THE FOOTBALLING MAP YAYA!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows / AFCON: Kei Kamara's House Almost Destroyed After Missing A Victory Penalty / Chukwuma Nwaoha Is Sick, Has Liver Disease, On The Verge Of Dying (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.