Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (51234 Views)

Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 / Yaya Toure Is African Footballer For 2012 : Glo CAF Awards 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
omar22:

Zidane was the best player in Europe before the world cup, during the world cup and after the world cup. Did you see Zidane for Juve that year. in the group stage Zidane was magic only because of his Red Card
It is not today Ojoro started in Football. Look at this list of top 10 players France '98. Even here self, Zidane is not supposed to be here. Just because of two goals in the finals, his name is here. Zidane missed 3 games.

1. Lilian Thuram, 2. Ronaldo Da Lima, 3. Davor Suker, 4. Marcel Desailly, 5. Dennis Bergkamp, 6. Christian Vieri, 7. Sebastian Vernon, 8. Edgar Davids, 9. Dunga, 10. Zinedine Zidane.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/top-10-players-france-98

Names not mentioned who I believe played better than Zidane at France '98 were Batistuta, Bebeto, Rivaldo, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Emmanuel Petit, Clarence Seedorf, Boban, Overmars, Lizarazu, Ariel Ortega. Yet Zidane was awarded the best player in the World.

By the way, UEFA Club player of the year was Ronaldo of Inter Milan, who also picked UEFA Club Best Forward.

We are used to it
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
Richiy: When its time to show patroitism, these Nigerians wont show...mtchew
That is our style. Never supporting our own even when he deserves it.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
Richiy: When its time to show patroitism, these Nigerians wont show...mtchew
What abt those supporting mikel?are they nt patriotic?
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2014
jotey: What abt those supporting mikel?are they nt patriotic?
She is referring to those against Mikel, not those for Mikel.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by infinity001(m): 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
Pleaaaaassseeeee I beg you all, let's stop comparing Mikel with Yaya Toure. They are not mates. Yaya Youre is a father, Mikel obi is a grandson. Thank you.

FINAL BULLET
I know say this thing wey I talk go turn plenty people belle especially people wey say their name na blueeeeesss. But na lie I talk?

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
Una just dey cry on top milk wey don troway for ground. I just dey observe una since.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by negationhboy: 5:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
Rah, you people are still crying? Ayaa...

Abeg, let me know when somebody writes an open letter to CAF, let me laugh myself to sleep.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: When is referring to those against Mikel, not those for Mikel.
Pls read his post agn
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 5:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
ifeanyi_ja:

Try and watch both players highlight
Apart 4rm goals way eto dae score..okocha pas am 4 d rest

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jardul02: 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
I feel really bad[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2014
jotey: Pls read his post agn
My tab messed me up again. First of all a she wrote it. She meant that at this point in time Nigerians should be behind Mikel, they won't show their patriotism. I don't think she meant every Nigerian wasn't patriotic but she was referring to those who weren't.

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by rigarmortis: 6:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
lymelyte: Well deserved..mikel wen nor get highlight at all. No goals,no assist, very stiff player Mtcheww..
As for Psquare,thier voices looks very horrible on live performance.

you actually see sounds?.........niqqa you are one of a kind....

i know people hear sounds.............for their voice to "look"..............

anyway forget it.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by rigarmortis: 6:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
idris4r83: Abeg who get nokia pin mouth charger?

go computer village.

or gsm village if you dey abuja......you fit get am for banex too

but i no sure

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by 2derfultony: 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mikel is an exceptional player. He is very mature for his age considering his calmness on and off the pitch.
He is equally a fighter even when rumored had it he will be leaving Chelsea at the start of the season, he still made it to Chelsea's squad.
However, Yaya Toure fully deserves the Award keenly looking at the stats. He is such a key player in a huge club littered with expensive stars.
Furthermore, with time I think Mikel will finally land the coveted prize to Naija.
Afterall, Statistics has shown that Nigeria has twice as more football potential than any other African Country.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
Why Mikel Is Restricted At Chelsea But Florishes With The Super Eagles

https://www.nairaland.com/1588802/why-mikel-restricted-chelsea-florishes#20803182
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by abatically(m): 8:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
ecolime: I'm really heart-broken. See as CAF humiliate our own person inside our country. cry So painful and sad

Click like if you feel disappointed and pained as well cry

So they should give it to an undeserving player because it was in his country? forget sentiments, compare Mikel's 2013 highlights with yaya's 2013 highlights, then tell me who is the deserved winner.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by abatically(m): 8:33pm On Jan 10, 2014
jotey: Apart 4rm goals way eto dae score..okocha pas am 4 d rest

Goals win u matches
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by abatically(m): 8:41pm On Jan 10, 2014
collins Jn: How Do This Judge The Winner ? Fpor Heaven's Sake,Mikel Won African Cup Of Nations,Champions League,Europa League,The Whole Of last Year,Yaya Toure Didn't Win Anything.
Am Speechless Mahn.

It is called player of the year, not best winning team of the year or trophy winning player of the year. Player of the year denotes a player that actually did extraordinarily well in a calender year, with or without trophy. Winning a trophy boost ur chances, but doesn't guarantee winning. Yes Mikel won nations cup and Europa League.. but be truthful to urself.. was Mikel really extraordinary in the Nations cup? Yaya wasn't but neither was Mikel. Mikel had a better tournament no doubt.. but that was in January.. what about the remaining 11 months? Is Mikel a guaranteed starter for Chelsea? Yaya is already becoming a cult hero in City. Do people go to stadium to watch Mikel play? Yaya have fans allover the world and it would be a shame to Africa if he didn't win it. Also.. goals win u games. Fans want to see goals created and scored.. that is what this sport is all about.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by chic2pimp(m): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2014
peacelife: I think CAF should educate coaches on what 2 look out for on what an african award should be b4 de vote... it is 4 d players dat av impact on african football.. nt wt u play in shirtsea or romancecity... we are nt lookin 4 'African.epl' player of d yr. D focus is Africa. Total crap.

I think u are the one that needs to be educated.

The Award is given to the player adjudged to have been the best player on the African continent in that calendar year(which Yaya clearly was) not the rubbish u typed up there(Impact on African Football ko Impact on Globalisation ni).
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: [b]Should Mikel have been Africa's Player of the Year

In this instance, it is important for CAF to clarify the conditions of the voting. If the award is to recognise the most successful or most influential performer of the year, then Mikel should feel disappointed to have missed out and Nigerians can rightly cultivate the sense of injustice that they inevitably will.

The award, however, is to recognise Africa’s finest player; it becomes hard to look too far beyond Yaya.

The Ivorian may not have been at his best over 2013 and he may not have lifted any silverware, but he remains Africa’s standout talent. He is the player capable of performing like no other, of dominating contests like no other and of performing more consistently than any other.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4082/editorial/2014/01/10/4533194/yaya-toure-cafs-rightful-player-of-the-year

The author of the article starts with CAF has to define the criteria and ends with a criteria he creates by Africa's finest player.

If it is Africa's finest player that is the criteria, Okocha should have won it at least 5 times.[/b]

https://www.nairaland.com/1588939/should-mikel-been-africas-player
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by chocobel(f): 10:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
Congrats to Toure. W ;Dell deserved. Nigerians should leave sentiment, Mikel can't win African best by passing balls backward, unless d year he will contest wit me
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by ojasking: 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2014
lymelyte: Well deserved..mikel wen nor get highlight at all. No goals,no assist, very stiff player Mtcheww..
As for Psquare,thier voices looks very horrible on live performance.
now I knw dat u didn't watch confed cup, nation cup. Nigerians r ingrate to vote against who help dem in dis past yr. Scoring 3 goals for nig is it bad.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:23pm On Jan 10, 2014
ojasking: now I knw dat u didn't watch confed cup, nation cup. Nigerians r ingrate to vote against who help dem in dis past yr. Scoring 3 goals for nig is it bad.
That is the most heart breaking part. This boy Mikel left his club duties, put in a memorable performance for us. Knowing in his heart he was Africa's best and Nigerians voted against him. Big Shame to them.

Reminds me of Cassilas voting Sergio Ramos as his World best after all CR7 did for Real Madrid.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 11:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
abatically:

Goals win u matches
Inidividual brilliance nd performance also win u matches

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 11:34pm On Jan 10, 2014
chic2pimp:

I think u are the one that needs to be educated.

The Award is given to the player adjudged to have been the best player on the African continent in that calendar year(which Yaya clearly was) not the rubbish u typed up there(Impact on African Football ko Impact on Globalisation ni).
Yea nd mikel was d beta player last year
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by chic2pimp(m): 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2014
jotey: Yea nd mikel was d beta player last year

You need to back up your argument not just simply say "Yeah Mikel was the better player last year"
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by fredoooooo: 4:37pm On Jun 27, 2014
chic2pimp:

You need to back up your argument not just simply say "Yeah Mikel was the better player last year"

bros how fa na ? grin grin grin grin tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by revelationuche: 5:22pm On Jun 27, 2014
Shey na Yobo den suppose give ni? He deservs it..Congrats 2 him [img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Son Scores Seven Goals In Half For Juventus Youth Team(Photo / Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero / Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.