Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. (4771 Views)

Best Books You've Read This Year? / Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? / Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by simmy(m): 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2006
Stephen king
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by olawa20(m): 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2006
osegwu:

The besst among the bests are:
TOM CLANCY
FEDERICK FORSYTH
JEFFERY ARCHER
ROBERT LUDLUM

You can't get anything better than these

add John Grisham to that and u have my A-list of all time favourites
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by biomic(f): 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2006
can't start naming dem books
but d authors i love r
John Grisham
Jackie collins
Robert ludlum
Stephen king
J.K Rowlings
Sidney sheldon
Danielle steel
Sandra Brown
Nora Roberts,

long list,
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by vinnyoku(f): 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2006
read basket of flowers as a kid,i kind of liked every chapter but where someone had to go to prion for stealing a jewery
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by curvyice(f): 9:13am On Dec 10, 2006
I am a patricia cornwell fan. do u like pathology and all the forensic medical stuff, the u just met ur lady. she dissects the whole thing and u are forced to wonder, is it really this cool.
danielle stee is also teh lady,
john grisham and his lawyer jargon, the list is endless.
hey i almost forgot i also like wong,her pediatrics book is hella gud, lol
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2006
Okay
I love reading novels also. Like:

Dan Brown - The Da Vinci Code, Digital Fortress (that was especially good for us computer-cum-novel freaks), Angels and Demons. These books are hot from the beginning to the end. I decided to try Deception Point, but it was too boring. Dan Brown, what happened there?

J K Rowling (though I guess that's not what we're talking about here)

John Grisham has god a really good reputation also. I tried reading Street Lawyer, but it couldn't keep me goiong.

Recently, I read an novel by Elizabeth George, titled "Well Schooled in Murder" and I tell you, the book is a killer. I don't know why she isn't popular yet. Read it if you can.

Also, contrary to popular belief, I think Danielle Steel is BORING!!!

Tayo
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by echowords(m): 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2006
@bignsirim, yeah i ave read Kane and Abel.Thats one of the best novels i ave read, There where two versions of that story,i first read the story based on abel and kanes children(i cant remember their the name) but william kanes son died in that one.

@other

Digital fortress was very nice
but look out for fire island by ummmm i cant remember but its really nice.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by yemo(m): 9:47am On Dec 11, 2006
hello gbade
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by Bigtee(m): 11:16am On Dec 11, 2006
Ted Dekker
Joh Grisham
Steven King
Frank Perreti
Syndey Sheldon
Wole Soyinka
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by frankiriri(m): 11:47am On Dec 11, 2006
Sidney sheldon
Judith Krantz
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by uchetobi(f): 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2006
At last someone mentions Judith Krantz
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by drchic(f): 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2006
Amy Tan. She wrote The Joy Luck Club, The Bonesetter's Daughter and some others.
Her books are really good. She explore's the mother-daughter relationship quite a bit.
Give her a try sometime.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by nkechy: 9:07am On Dec 12, 2006
u guys should try n read peju alatise's "ORITA META" shes a new one on the block and i nigerian.but i promise u its da bomb really
the suspense is good and really for a nigerian writer shes good
u could get a copy from terra- kulture or any good book store i think. try it out
i promise ull thank mi wink
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by jaguda(m): 11:11am On Dec 14, 2006
Has Anyone heard of

- James Micheiner
Alaska
Texas

- James Clavell
Shogun
Noble House
Taipan
Knig Rat

Fredrick Forsythe

Robert Ludlum

and other espinage writers?

Still can't come to pick up the recent authors, i'm hooked on the old generation.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2006
@nkechy,
Sorry, but I don't think you'll actually find people who read Nigerian authors here. Except the REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY good ones, and I'm yet to come across someone like that.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by GL(f): 9:32pm On Dec 14, 2006
Frank Peretti
LEFT BEHIND series
Perry Mason series
Lawrence Sanders
John Grisham
Robert Ludlum
Virginia C. Andrews
Danielle Steele
Dean Koontz
Jeffrey Archer
David Baldacci
Sidney Sheldon
Patricia Cornwall

, it's a long, long list!

i read lots of nigerian/African books in my early teens. can't remember most of the authors but i know i really enjoyed reading them. some of those that stand out are:

Dizzy Angel
Cry Beloved Country
Forest of a Thousand Demons
Evbu my Love
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by adaobee(f): 11:53am On Dec 15, 2006
I've read quite a number of books, but my all time favourite is Francine rivers REDEEMING LOVE
it is a wonderful book. I also like john grisham's "street lawyer"
I've also read a lot of Frank Peretti's books.
Then i really like Ngozi Adichie's Half of a yellow Sun
and Ben Okri's Famished Road.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by profade1(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2006
Francine Rivers ( the best) She wrote Scarlet thread, Redeeming love ( already mentioned), Leota's garden etc;
Tess Gerritsen ; Gravity ( wonderful book), the Surgeon, Body double
Chimaamanda Ngozi Adichie , she's Nigerian and she's good
Pat Conroy, Prince of tides

Just a few of the authors I enjoy.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2006
@GL
Left behind series are popular in my school. But I've not found the courage to read them.
@adaobee
A friend game me Street Lawyer, but after some time I got bored. John Grisham doesn't keep you going the way Dan Brown does.
@prof ade
I think Purple Hibiscus is by Chimaamanda Ngozi Adichie (am I right?). I started it, but, due to circumstances beyond my control (school library stuff) I couldn't finish it.

Tayo
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by nkechy: 2:32pm On Dec 16, 2006
@nkechy,
Sorry, but I don't think you'll actually find people who read Nigerian authors here. Except the REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY good ones, and I'm yet to come across someone like that.

hey try readin "orita meta" for a change like i said ull thank me,some day ull write a book too n want folks to read except u dont go by ur real name though
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by chy92(f): 7:03pm On Dec 16, 2006
My best authors are
SYDNEY SHELDON-Doomsday Conspiracy,Nothing Lasts Forever e.t.c
JOHANAH LINDSAY-Secret Fire e.t.c can't remember the rest
REBECCA YORK- Laccister's Law.God! i luv that book
DANIELLE STELL-Promise
SANDRA BROWN-
JOHN GRISHAM-
I can't remember some of the authors bit i've read books like 'Three Miracle Babies,Straight Game,Vengance in Death,Sanctuary,Vengance in the grave,Storybook Bride,Act of will,Savage Hunger,Amber Beach e.t.c.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 17, 2006
I tell you, it depends on how the Nigerian literature scene is at that time. If it's really good, I'll stay in Nigeria and publish as Tayo Ajiboye. Else, I'll get out of the country and use a pseudonym.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by 4Play(m): 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2006
GOWER AND DAVIES' PRINCIPLES OF MODERN COMPANY LAW .

It is a good book but it is full of typographical erors.It is probably the best book since the publishing of the Holy Quaran
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2006
I think we're talking about novels here.

Unless, of course, I'm mistaken . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by Jackelony(m): 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2006
Hello everyone!
I'm a fan of  Dean Koontz. He writes wonderfully well. I recommend Phantoms and Whispers to everyone. If you read Dean Koontz, please let indicate.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by 4Play(m): 9:02pm On Dec 17, 2006
@ajiboyet

it says books not novels
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2006
That means i'm mistaken.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by Eeyore(m): 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2006
Eze Goes To School is such a thriller. Has any one read it? grin
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by GL(f): 10:18pm On Dec 21, 2006
Just finished reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, it's a great book.

@ Eeyore,

i remember Eze goes to school.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by batolam: 6:16am On Jan 03, 2007
Patricia Cornwell-yeah, especially the Kate Scarpetta series

Walker Percy
Love in the Ruins
The Moviegoer
Lancelot
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by Itse(f): 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2007
I love ready novels,

Jus finished 'The Broker' by John Grisham, i've read a number of his books cause i love law related topics.

Jeffery A. is another great writer, my favourite of his works is 'Kane and Abel'.
Used to be hung up on Danielle Steele.

Then i also enjoying books by: Francine Rivers, 'atonement child', 'the last sin eater', Frank Peretti, 'the Oath', 'this present darkness', 'Piercing the darkness', A. W. Tozer, Elizabeth George.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by chistiana(f): 10:35am On Jan 11, 2007
check this guy novels u will never regret it HENRY T. FINCK
Maria Greene
Kristine Rolofson
Vicki Lewis Thompson
nhhhhhhhhhh, best novel, The Wedding Gamble by Muriel Junsen

For the Love of Mark by Candace schuler
alot i cant remeber

the weding in white
Special Touches by Sharon Brondos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Abortion / FULL MOON / Forty-nine Shades Of Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.