Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

How To Identify A Fake Perfume - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Identify A Fake Perfume (10978 Views)

Tips On How To Identify Fake Perfumes / HELP!!! Is My Zara A Fake? / The Best Perfume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify A Fake Perfume by fubbyy(m): 11:21pm On Jan 09, 2014
A friend recommended a perfume for me which I bought today but he said its not original

I taught he was lying but he proved it by bringing his own used empty bottle, we tried get a drop out of it and they weren't the same perfume,they smell differently but in the same bottle and same pack

Few minutes after spraying the one I bought you won't notice it again while a drop we got from his own smells up till now

Please how can I identify a fake perfume or body spray, thanks

Mod,I think this is a fp material cause many people needs this info too

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Fake Perfume by bonio: 5:57am On Jan 10, 2014
Check out this thread; www.campuspeeps.com/post.php?id=6072 it has a long list of how to know a fake perfume from its look.

Here is one point of what I got from it;

Real perfume liquid should be crystal clear. There
should be nothing swimming in there like sediment.
If you’ve got cloudy perfume, or perfume that has
mysterious little bits and pieces in it then be very
suspicious and whatever you do, do not spray it on
yourself. You do not know what chemicals went into
composing it, you also may not know if it is fake or
just simply expired.
Real fragrances are complex and have three layers,
top notes, middle notes, and base notes. Most
counterfeits won’t smell like the real thing. They may
smell similar but have a flat, one-dimensional quality
to them. Or they might smell completely different
from what you remember. If you suspect you have a
fake, head to a department store and try to spray
some of the real stuff onto a scent blotter (the paper
strips some stores provide people to test fragrances
on), then go home and spray your suspected fake on
another blotter and compare the two. Again, do not
spray it on yourself if you think you have a fake.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Perfume by mimuex: 1:33pm On Jun 28, 2014
checkout These perfumes @ http:///catalogsearch/result/?k_id=keslar&cat=0&q=perfume . Free home delivery + Pay on delivery
Re: How To Identify A Fake Perfume by gsalvatore: 10:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
Your friend apparently bought a Tester of that perfume.

It comes with the perfume and it pure original, it usually for customers/ wholesalers so their end customers can test to know the real fragrance.

I guess you bought the mass prod version of the same perfume, its called dubai perfume in local parlance.

My advice...get a good reliable dealer if you have taste for good stuffs, not all these casted frag wey full everywhere like Tom ford black orchid and his cousin Boss Orange.

Whats the name of the perfume you bought?
Re: How To Identify A Fake Perfume by fubbyy(m): 2:38am On Jul 04, 2014
gsalvatore: Your friend apparently bought a Tester of that perfume.

It comes with the perfume and it pure original, it usually for customers/ wholesalers so their end customers can test to know the real fragrance.

I guess you bought the mass prod version of the same perfume, its called dubai perfume in local parlance.

My advice...get a good reliable dealer if you have taste for good stuffs, not all these casted frag wey full everywhere like Tom ford black orchid and his cousin Boss Orange.

Whats the name of the perfume you bought?
212 for men... Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Fake Perfume by gsalvatore: 7:29am On Jul 04, 2014
fubbyy: 212 for men... Thanks
212 for men has a magnetic silver coloured bottle. The cover magnets, so does your own magnet?

You also have to know that original designers perfurmes dont suffocate the wearer, I mean if you wear it you dont get to perceive it, its left for people to perceive it, most times you will think the frag has wear out but its there.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Perfume by gsalvatore: 7:30am On Jul 04, 2014
fubbyy: 212 for men... Thanks
212 for men has a magnetic silver coloured bottle. The cover magnets, so does your own magnet?

You also have to know that original designers perfurmes dont suffocate the wearer, I mean if you wear it you dont get to perceive it, its left for people to perceive it, most times you will think the frag has wear out but its there.

How much did you get it?
Re: How To Identify A Fake Perfume by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 05, 2014
gsalvatore: 212 for men has a magnetic silver coloured bottle. The cover magnets, so does your own magnet?

you are right on the suffocation theory....but there are still fakes with magnetic cover,I sell fragrances and I've seen ppl show me fakes that they bought..
Re: How To Identify A Fake Perfume by gsalvatore: 1:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
Mrkuvuki: you are right on the suffocation theory....but there are still fakes with magnetic cover,I sell fragrances and I've seen ppl show me fakes that they bought..
maybe a refill or a mistake in mass production.

I've seen one of those Knockoffs come in same carton with originals; some call it dubai in local parlance.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ironing-A-Thon: Kogi's Abdulfattah El-Okene Takes On 200-Hour Marathon For GWR / Crazy:see How This Naija Lady Expose Her Body Completely On Her Way To A Party[p / Latest Senator Styles 2021 | 100 Trendy Senator Designs And Styles For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.