Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges (2600 Views)

How Saraki Bowed To APC - The Sun / Presidential Popularity Poll / 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:07am On Jan 10, 2014
55 Hours ago I opened a Popularity poll on NL, The reason was to gauge the popularity level of the two major parties on NL.

Before I did that I discovered one was already conducted around June 2013 with PDP leading the charts.

Today January 10 2014, After 54 Hours of running Nairaland unofficial Popularity poll on this Thread >> https://www.nairaland.com/1584609/vote-party-here-pdp-143

The results were
[size=18pt] PDP 147 - APC 75 [/size]
PDP therefore is the winner of this NL popularity poll with 72 votes(likes) nearly double that of APC votes.
[size=15pt]Congratulation PDP. [/size]

It is very striking to note that only 58 out of 224 people who took part in the poll are willing to come out to vote on election day and 2 are yet to decided which party to vote. This outcome reemphasize the fact that Elections are not won on Nairaland, but on the streets, by the Market women, the farmer, the aboki with his radio, the patriotic citizens who take out there time blazing the hot sun, the arid weather to go and vote. It is not won by keyboard tapping and mouse clicking.
Meaning to make your vote count you must go out to Vote when the time comes.

Disclaimers :- This is not a true reflection of the Popularity of any political party currently on the streets of Nigeria given that the sample audience is limited due to the factors we all know. Secondly this medium used is not 100% error free...

You can go on to host you after party here.

#Mathew briggs.

8 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 10, 2014
APC is a sinking ship on NL and elsewhere. Fact!

6 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by fiizznation: 7:20am On Jan 10, 2014
hope u knw dis pdp folks on NL have various accounts? U ll see one of this pdp fans with abt 15 accounts here. So one pdp folk ll have hit "LIKE" on pdp about 10 times with his various accs.

1 Like

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by PapaBrowne(m): 7:26am On Jan 10, 2014
I noticed an interesting trend. The louder the attacks on the federal government by the opposition, it's popularity increases and the fewer the attacks its popularity diminishes. The reason is a result of a unique human primordial sentiment that tends to choose sides not based on logical reasoning but mainly based on sympathy.

It's just like in football, a independent observer is more likely to identify with the underdog than to identify with the champion.

In a nutshell, the opposition will do itself better if it reduces its focus and attack on everything Jonathan does and instead focuses on the people and what it can provide. Day by day, the opposition looks like the bully and the president looks like the underdog. That perception is majorly responsible for the results you see in this poll.

Nigerians can read between the lines.

19 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by PapaBrowne(m): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2014
fiizznation: hope u knw dis pdp folks on NL have various accounts? U ll see one of this pdp fans with abt 15 accounts here. So one pdp folk ll have hit "LIKE" on pdp about 10 times with his various accs.

I don't think that's the case. Of recent if you notice, logical posts in support of the President garner much more support(likes) on other threads too. And to be fair and truthful, Nairaland has more APC fellows with multiple accounts and they aren't discreet about it.

People are simply responding to the inane attacks on the President without any concrete logic. It's a mistaken strategy of the opposition. If a road is been constructed that would benefit everyone and you choose to attack the FG baselessly on that ground, then the people will see through your hypocrisy and have second thoughts.

17 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 10, 2014
fiizznation: hope u knw dis pdp folks on NL have various accounts? U ll see one of this pdp fans with abt 15 accounts here. So one pdp folk ll have hit "LIKE" on pdp about 10 times with his various accs.
That is exactly what many APC e-warriors do. But in spite of that, they still lost WOEFULLY.

7 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Patdedon(m): 7:40am On Jan 10, 2014
How can AREWA peoples' congress ever be popular than PEOPLES' democratic party?

1 Like

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by donphilopus: 7:48am On Jan 10, 2014
If we want to do what the PDP e-rats are doing here, I'm very sure we would win them with a very great margin. I know someone who has upto 65 Nairaland handle, if he had voted with all, what do you think would have happened??

Abeg forget this yeye polls jor! They voted with their alt accts.
Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by fiizznation: 8:01am On Jan 10, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:
That is exactly what many APC e-warriors do. But in spite of that, they still lost WOEFULLY.
And how many accs do u have mister? 5 or 6?... For christ sake we shdnt deceive ourselves here.

• Anyway who even takes this result serious? Even if pdp have won d silly election here, that doesn't mean that pdp ll win d 2015 election. The real voters r nt on NL/FB/twitter and other various social medias..

• 2015 ll be a shocker for many of u pdp fans here. U all think the 2011 election ll be like d nxt coming election.

• Anyway U guys shd keep winning on social medias and every other blogs while APC ll win the election were and when it matters.

PDP mst wade to the nether in d nxt election.

2 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by miteolu(m): 8:07am On Jan 10, 2014
I am just coming from CAF award I need to relax. I will visit this tread later.
Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Godswillu(m): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2014
APC accept defeat and congratulate PDP.

1 Like

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 10, 2014
fiizznation: And how many accs do u have mister? 5 or 6?... For christ sake we shdnt deceive ourselves here.

• Anyway who even takes this result serious? Even if pdp have won d silly election here, that doesn't mean that pdp ll win d 2015 election. The real voters r nt on NL/FB/twitter and other various social medias..

• 2015 ll be a shocker for many of u pdp fans here. U all think the 2011 election ll be like d nxt coming election.

• Anyway U guys shd keep winning on social medias and every other blogs while APC ll win the election were and when it matters.

The cry of defeat!

6 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Bigflamie(m): 8:23am On Jan 10, 2014
Failures, that's the way they'll still rant after 2015 election.
Jonathan all the way.

4 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Osedidi(m): 8:26am On Jan 10, 2014
In the past FG take decisions that affect the average nigerian but favours the political class, but GEJ seem to be taking decision that affects everyone across board but for the benefit of the nation.

For year Lagos Ibadan road seemed like what would never happen, if you travel benin to lagos, see how much it has improved, subsidy removal affected the average nigerian but hit the oil cabals harder, there are so many great strides by GEJ,

My conclusion is that the corrupt politicians in PDP are leaving for APC and as such am seriously thinking of joining forces with the PDP since the bad eggs are finding their way out.

5 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by khadaffi(m): 8:30am On Jan 10, 2014
fiizznation: And how many accs do u have mister? 5 or 6?... For christ sake we shdnt deceive ourselves here.

This is just the beginning of the crap APC will be giving us after the elections are conducted in 2015 smh

6 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by fiizznation: 8:33am On Jan 10, 2014
PapaBrowne:

I don't think that's the case. Of recent if you notice, logical posts in support of the President garner much more support(likes) on other threads too. And to be fair and truthful, Nairaland has more APC fellows with multiple accounts and they aren't discreet about it.

People are simply responding to the inane attacks on the President without any concrete logic. It's a mistaken strategy of the opposition. If a road is been constructed that would benefit everyone and you choose to attack the FG baselessly on that ground, then the people will see through your hypocrisy and have second thoughts.
u only see the attacks of APC but u dnt see how majority of nigerians r attacking him? Even the nigerians here in d us r hoping for a change in leadership. The president is incompetent and doesn't have a clue on how to run the government. Besides the ruling party(pdp) has been running the affairs of the country for about 14yrs now and still couldn't change the lifes of nigerians.

• Nobody is saying APC is the change we need, but we all want to give em' a try.
And a government that keep crying every now and then just because the oppositions are attacking it is not a serious government.

• The critics of Gej r nt upto the critics of obama, and yet obama is nt jaded and is still focus on delivering good governance to the american pple.

• Just of recent, critics frm the opposition party and many americans make sure that the obama-health care died on arrival.

• If gej is serious, he won't cry every time the opposition critisizes his gov't. He isn't there for the opposition, he is there to serve nigerians which he has even failed woefully if u ask me

2 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by PapaBrowne(m): 8:51am On Jan 10, 2014

I totally agree with you on the fact that polls are not won on the Internet or the pages of newspaper. And that's why the APC should even have bigger worries because this is their turf. The Internet is where APC usually won elections.

PDP has 15 million farmers on thier database with comple names, addresses and phone numbers. PDP controls almost all the market women across the country except a few. PDP runs virtually every motor park, okada riders, etc. All associations where there is a collection of real voters is controlled by the PDP.

APC should leave the attacks in the president and focus on inspiring the people. Lie to us about grandiose projects you would build. Tell us about modern trains running from north to south. Tell us about 10 lane expressways across the length and breath of the country. Tell us about building of industries in every locality. Tell us about a brand new fully equipped police force that would literally guarantee our security. Tell us you would crash the price of fuel to 50 naira by building refineries that would function. We are Nigerians, we are gullible enough, we would believe.

But all we hear you tell us is how there is a sniper list and your names are on it. We really don't care 1000 politicians are killed, all we want is a better life. It beats my imagination why APC cannot just understand this simple logic.

13 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Psychedelia(m): 8:56am On Jan 10, 2014
Oh wow... So it's now about multiple handles.

Should we include the APC errand boy AgbayaMental with his multiple IDs too? I mean, Eko-Ole, BabaPooPoo and others?
Should we include the other iidiiots like Alj Harem, Step1, Jason123, Ijaw Citizen all owned by one person?

Of course not. We shouldn't, because they're APC. Only good at accusing others for crimes they themselves commit with impunity.

6 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Gamji007: 8:57am On Jan 10, 2014
Everybody clap for PDP
@op, when is the swearing in/ inauguration ? undecided
Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by ratiken(m): 8:57am On Jan 10, 2014
I've constantly said that the way APC have gone about their evil propaganda and attacks on the presidency will self destruct. GEJ has more sympathy than he deserves within the voting populace. The last straw was the celebration of the defecting criminals from PDP into APC.

NIGERIANS ARE NOT THAT DUMB ANYMORE.

2 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by fiizznation: 9:11am On Jan 10, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:
The cry of defeat!
u sir, u r shameless and a prone liar. I have already told myself never to take ur kind serious again as far as this fora is concern• U can go on and jubilate over ur social media victory.

• Who knows? Ur pay-masters might cut a little share for u frm the national treasury.

1 Like

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:33am On Jan 10, 2014
PapaBrowne:

I totally agree with you on the fact that polls are not won on the Internet or the pages of newspaper. And that's why the APC should even have bigger worries because this is their turf. The Internet is where APC usually won elections.

PDP has 15 million farmers on thier database with comple names, addresses and phone numbers. PDP controls almost all the market women across the country except a few. PDP runs virtually every motor park, okada riders, etc. All associations where there is a collection of real voters is controlled by the PDP.

APC should leave the attacks in the president and focus on inspiring the people. Lie to us about grandiose projects you would build. Tell us about modern trains running from north to south. Tell us about 10 lane expressways across the length and breath of the country. Tell us about building of industries in every locality. Tell us about a brand new fully equipped police force that would literally guarantee our security. Tell us you would crash the price of fuel to 50 naira by building refineries that would function. We are Nigerians, we are gullible enough, we would believe.

But all we hear you tell us is how there is a sniper list and your names are on it. We really don't care 1000 politicians are killed, all we want is a better life. It beats my imagination why APC cannot just understand this simple logic

@bolded very well said... I use to think APC had a plan to fix nigeria but lately they strike me as a buch of power hungry individuals.

Nigerians need change not a bunch of desperate power hungry people.

APC give me FASHOLA/KWANKWASO if you truly mean business
Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by ochejoseph(m): 9:39am On Jan 10, 2014
First of all I want to sincerely appreciate the OP for the way and manner he handled the Poll, it was objective and well spelt out and making reference to th last poll was another plus for the thread!

Let the winners PDP be magnanimous in Victory.

Let the Loooosers APC learn to tell Us the truth, may be fire lai liar , and accept the fact that even a dead clock is right twice a day!

GEJ leading PDP to victory !!

6 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Sagytarius(m): 9:59am On Jan 10, 2014
From top to bottom: APC, PDP.

6 Likes

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by fiizznation: 10:15am On Jan 10, 2014
Matthew briggs:

@bolded very well said... I use to think APC had a plan to fix nigeria but lately they strike me as a buch of power hungry individuals.

Nigerians need change not a bunch of desperate power hungry people.

APC give me FASHOLA/KWANKWASO if you truly mean business
so u r even a pdp apologist?
Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Longeria(m): 10:16am On Jan 10, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:
The cry of defeat!
They can cry out blood, we're used to it.
Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by nduchucks: 10:25am On Jan 10, 2014
Eeeyah, PDP agents in their desperation for answers, have found solace in a useless poll. It has been very difficult for them to admit that their ship has actually sunk.

They continue to bury their heads in the sand like this Wild Camel (Rakumin Dajij) or the Ostrich below. I believe that these people are in great denial.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/648223_rak_jpg3be10a689dcae3eda0158a90666e866e

1 Like

Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:45am On Jan 10, 2014
fiizznation: so u r even a pdp apologist?

Far from it I am an undecided voter... my vote goes to the best candidate...

Candidate with a track record ... like FASHOLA/KWANKWASO if not Its GEJ all the way.
Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by henrysam(m): 11:02am On Jan 10, 2014
Osedidi: In the past FG take decisions that affect the average nigerian but favours the political class, but GEJ seem to be taking decision that affects everyone across board but for the benefit of the nation.

For year Lagos Ibadan road seemed like what would never happen, if you travel benin to lagos, see how much it has improved, subsidy removal affected the average nigerian but hit the oil cabals harder, there are so many great strides by GEJ,

My conclusion is that the corrupt politicians in PDP are leaving for APC and as such am seriously thinking of joining forces with the PDP since the bad eggs are finding their way out.

Your head is damn too correct.
The problem with naija pple is we forget things so soon but its better we remind them.
It has been said that there is no any other way for God to destroy these corrupt non achiever defectors than to put them in one ship with all rummour monger apc and sink the ship so that naija could be a better place to live again.
Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by manny4life(m): 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
PapaBrowne:

But all we hear you tell us is how there is a sniper list and your names are on it. We really don't care 1000 politicians are killed, all we want is a better life. It beats my imagination why APC cannot just understand this simple logic.

I laughed so hard, the bold is too priceless but the truth. What APC supporters don't know is that the trend is shifting, with the recent SR attacks and what not, people can see them as liar. I noticed of all threads about Oduah's certificate forgery, other than the old dogs arguing and throwing punches at each other, the newer folks who've been observing mostly sided with Oduah. Everyone knows it's a calculated attempt to distract and pull down this administration but it's not working.
Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Psychedelia(m): 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
Sagytarius: From top to bottom: APC, PDP.

Woah! Hahahahahaa! Chai! grin
cry cry
Re: PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges by Godswillu(m): 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2014
Breaking News:

APC Nairaland Chapter denounces Nairaland Unofficial popularity poll result, alleges foul play

APC Nairaland Chapter to PDP: Your created more acounts on Nairaland

APC Nairaland Chapter to PDP: We shall meet in court.

Nairaland INEC Chairman has been compromised: APC seeks the sack of Mathew Briggs

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BOMBSHELL: Over 70% Of Northerners Are Illiterates-atiku / Jonathan In Borno. (bulletproof Vest) / Buhari Presidency: An Opportunity Nigeria Cannot Afford To Miss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.