Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,051 members, 7,832,533 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects - Properties (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects (111479 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / Desmond Flats At Ogombo By Nexthome / PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:17am On Oct 15, 2015
Backfilling the Alpha Beach site

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 15, 2015
2Flats of 3 bedroom flats forsale in Abekoko, IFO , Ogun state. The Building is on a Full plot of Land consisting of 3 bedroom, 3 toilet, 1 dinning and 2 sitting room in each of the Flats. The building needs Only the Interior finishing - Plastering. Soakaway has already been done and still have tonnes of Gravel , Soft & Sharp sand on ground. 100% completed drainage. Advertisement is Posted by Owner. Documents Available- Receipts of Land Ownership, Deeds of Agreement and Affidavit. Reasons for sale: Owner got Visa and need Urgent finance for trip. Pics Available in previous post and Can also email for interest. Here is the link for Property view below www.nairaland.com/2209826/2flats-3bedroom- flats-abekoko-ifo Price- 3.5M Negotiations may be considered from serious buyer. Please Call : Mr Kehinde on 08166005609, 08166534863, 08087739760, 07081012274. serious buyer only.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 6:41pm On Oct 15, 2015
K-024 Schmidt Hammer Test

Today, we conducted a non-destructive testing to identify the concrete strength with a Concrete Rebound Hammer and Cover meter for the Columns supporting our superstructure.

I was definitely not suprised at the results of the test. We did our best and got 95% of the job right.

K-024: The Test Procedure

• 20 Column selected for testing were marked for identification and we ensure they were all in dry condition.

• The Test was conducted on a smooth and uniform surface. We do not have any honey-comb in any of columns anyway. Although, the test engineer had to use his grinding wheel on some of the surfaces.

• We took 9 - 10 rebound readings at each of selected points. For each reading the hammer was shifted 25 mm and also ensure the same spot was not rebounded twice. The engineer also ensure the point of impact is at least 20 mm away from the edge of the column to avoid false reading/result.

• The compressive strength of the concrete is determined by taking average of rebound reading from 9 - 10 readings.

• We had overall average of 25 N/mm2 with the best result at 31.5 N/mm2 which is well over the desired value.

The Mix Ratio: 1:2:4
The Materials: Berger Sand, 3/4 inch Granite, Clean Water (Borehole) and Dangote 42.5R Cement
Formwork: Marine plywood and Steel Shuttering
What could improve the result: Vibrating the concrete to remove air pockets.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 6:55pm On Oct 15, 2015

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
A place you'd love to spend summer.

Imagine waking up every day and going for walks on a long sandy beach. Wouldn't life be a little fun in your coastal cabana?

Watch this space!

________
The site was carefully chosen to take full advantage of dramatic ocean views. We are live!

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by Fhemmmy: 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
brabus:

Imagine waking up every day and going for walks on a long sandy beach. Wouldn't life be a little fun in your coastal cabana?

Watch this space!

________
The site was carefully chosen to take full advantage of dramatic ocean views. We are live!

I would rather spend winter there jawe

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
Fhemmmy:

I would rather spend winter there jawe

Winter is coming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJJ4SJ0VWq8
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by NL1960: 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
brabus:

Watch this space!

________

That is if the ferocious Lagos Atlantic ocean has not wash you away while you were asleep.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
NL1960:

That is if the ferocious Lagos Atlantic ocean has not wash you away while you were asleep.

Baba NL1960,

I do not intend to blog this project but I only posted this to get feedbacks in order to help us prepared very well for the massive development. Your inputs and comments will help us achieve a very resilient design.

Our buildings will have storm-resistant foundations with piles blasted down 20 or more metres.

_____
Also you might be interested to see what government is doing to protect the 87 kilometers Lagos coastal shoreline which has already gone past Alpha beach from the back of Atlantic city now.

Beside this, there are many other ways to combat problems of erosion of the shoreline which include the use of sand saver, sea wall, X-bloc, sand bags, floodgate and sand reclamation.

Thank you for reminding us.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by amanikondo: 7:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
brabus:

Watch this space!

________

You are right until the ocean surge comes and the government wont come to your aid.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
amanikondo:

You are right until the ocean surge comes and the government wont come to your aid.

Already, a N440bn government project is already ongoing. See pictures above.

We will definitely have to do our part. No doubt about it!
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mufutau55(m): 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
brabus:

Already, a N440bn government project is already ongoing. See pictures above.
We will definitely have to do our part. No doubt about it!

The 1st and 2nd pics looked like Bar Beach in those days where you have all the Aladuras under tents praying to the river.
They even claim then that "that was the demarcation" between Okun and Osa... which is not true.
Are those Bar Beach stuff still there? Popular as site for shooting the Armed Robbers those says... Oyenusi and co.
I haven't seen the place since then..

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
mufutau55:

The 1st and 2nd pics looked like Bar Beach in those days where you have all the Aladuras under tents praying to the river.
They even claim then that "that was the demarcation" between Okun and Osa... which is not true.
Are those Bar Beach stuff still there? Popular as site for shooting the Armed Robbers those says... Oyenusi and co.
I haven't seen the place since then..

Hajji M.

Haba Alhaji! Bar beach ke?

Go through this document and see what has happened in that area and how well the ocean surge issue is been combated.

http://resilient-cities.iclei.org/fileadmin/sites/resilient-cities/files/Resilient_Cities_2011/Presentations/C/C5_and_D5_Oniru.pdf
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mufutau55(m): 8:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
brabus:

Go through this document and see what has happened in that area and how well the ocean surge issue is been combated.
http://resilient-cities.iclei.org/fileadmin/sites/resilient-cities/files/Resilient_Cities_2011/Presentations/C/C5_and_D5_Oniru.pdf

Oh my God. I have been out of touch. Thank you. I am enjoying the reading, real development o. "Eko o ni baje" for real o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by befto: 3:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
Very good reading.
Thanks for sharing

brabus:

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2015
Switches and Sockets ~ Finishing Pics from 10AB

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
Today in pictures:

Beach Life and Fun
Grubbing the roots and shrubs
Lunch is here!

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mufutau55(m): 1:25am On Oct 20, 2015
brabus:
Switches and Sockets ~ Finishing Pics from 10AB

Very nice. Please how much are they respectively?

Hajji M.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Helical Spiral Staircase ~ The Making

______
@Hajji M., I'll revert with figures later sir. Your guy is not good memorizing numbers.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by segcymoor(m): 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
You reminds me of French curves back in school those days.......I am proud to be a good technical drawing student which leads me to inclined for Architecture.

------------
You seem to ve a good start.
Weldone!
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
Helical Elliptical Staircase ~ Checking the formwork

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOb3Z6VUars
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 4:27am On Oct 25, 2015
The Beach, The Site, The Cabana ~ Staking out the lot for the first build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm68yZ16i6o
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:59am On Oct 25, 2015
NextHome H52 | Parquet Floor

One good parquet floor job deserves an international standard squash court renovation contract.

Watch this space!

______
Pic 1: H52 by NextHome parquet floor installation in 2014

Pic 2 & 3: Our next project

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 8:22am On Oct 25, 2015
I love this!

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 11:45am On Oct 25, 2015
Breathtaking and Grande Opulence at Nee's Residence

He's my friend! He's my mentor! He loves contemporary living. And he sabi chop life!! It's time to start picking up the pieces for my own.
______
The staircase design was inspired by my friend Carl Land's modern staircases (a new friend of NextHome).
______
The doors and faucets were handpicked and are presently awaiting shipment from the Emirates.

#tellme #luxuryinterior #arabmoney

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mavverick: 8:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hello Everyone.

Below is an extract from a structural engineer's report on a building Brabus / Bosun Davies / Next home constructed before being sacked for non performance and fraud. Brabus stopped at the decking stage.

I had a qualified structural engineer visit site, not a computer technician turn builder overnight or textbook builder or scam artist.

I mean who does this out of wickedness, why and how on earth would you mix cement bag with concrete. Something that can be easily pulled off and thus pulling off some of the concrete fabric as well. This was all under the watch of brabus / bosun.

Because I said i would supply my own materials, he has decided to expose them to the elements so that they will rust and thus prove a point to me.

Terrible job everywhere, all under his watch (brabus Bosun Davies)

Same nonsense, never cared to retify it.

Absolute disgrace, why would you bring your brother or plumber or whatever to my site, collect a lot of money from me and still do a shoddy job like this. I really dont like breaking concrete, but what can we do here

Missed out a beam here, I will have to reinforce it somehow now.

Is it not supposed to be straight ??
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 3:01am On Oct 26, 2015
^^^

@mavverick,

Can you post your complaint in understandable format which a professional can relate with, we will definitely address your concern. A full picture or videos of the areas of concern will highly appreciated.

Clearly specify the Columns and Beams where the issue raised are observed. Pls take note we have nothing to do with all work done after the first floor slab.

Thank you!

NextHome
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 6:51am On Oct 26, 2015
NextHome Official Complaint Thread is live now!

Please use this thread for legitimate complaints only. We promise to address all issues.

https://www.nairaland.com/2690865/nexthome-official-complaint-thread#39365936
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
A Perfect View - Just the way the master ordered it.

There are many variables to making a Beach House look good all year long; so it’s important to do your homework and get your ordering right. A great starting point is to create a perfect scene that helps to distinguish your home from all others.

Trust me, when I sing the lead, I research my environment very well and dig my competitors (commercial builds) to know why people might want to choose them over me.

Spent some time checking out beachfront residences around me today.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
We are on a mission!

We won't steal from ourself because it's a contract that can never be broken. And we have never broken one!

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
Helical Spiral Staircase ~ Serving it as ordered

Formwork checked and cleared. Next is reinforcement.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
Construction Change Order ~ Where things works

Change orders is not always about request/payment of additional money in a construction project. Change orders are created to make a project hitch free when customer wants to add to the project (structural/architectural) or change materials or take a break that will affect project timeline or make ammendment to the contract.

In short, anything that occurs during the course of the project that alters the scope, price, or time of the project requires a change order which must be duly signed by the contractor and the customer.

When unplanned changes occur during the course of the job, have a contract change-order process in hand to assure smooth processing of those changes to avoid future disputes.

Remember, if it’s written, it did happen.

NextHome Menu List - Make Your Order

Customer: K-024
Date of Order: June 2015
Order: Column Support for Roof Tank Slab
Order Status: Processed
Order Completion Date: November 2015

Change Order Documents (which forms addendum to the main construction contract): Consultants' Change Request Proposal, Proposed Change Detailed Drawings (10 pages in PDF), ND Test Result, Work Schedule, Daily Log, Budget for the proposed addition, Work Schedule

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (50) (Reply)

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) / Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.