Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? (1614 Views)

Ever Got Scared To Leave Ur Room Cuz Of Fear Of Being Judged? / Why Are Good-looking People Judged Only By Their Appearance? / Am I Being Judged Now? ( Please Read ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by bridget007(f): 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2008
Have you judged wrong
Have you ever been so wrong??
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by lucabrasi(m): 11:43pm On Aug 10, 2008
i was one of these that made comments on that but you ll have to break it down and explain what you meant about being wrong so ppl ll know how to advice you really
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by HRhotness(f): 11:45pm On Aug 10, 2008
you hav to accept that u made a mistake. . . there is nothing wrong in being wrong

whatever happens u have to make the best of the situation
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 10, 2008
yup been in that boat before. Talk to him asap before its too late.
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by bridget007(f): 11:52pm On Aug 10, 2008
How i was wrong! it was impossible given the situation to marry him, major visa issue, major stress, no time to talk things over as his mum was here, major cultural issues, now after 3 days i realise after how much he and i am hurting how wrong i was. I understand nigerian love is displayed differently than uk love but it doesnt mean it isnt felt as deep. Whilst I thought he couldnt love me now no more it is obvious is is trying to find a way and i realise how wrong i was.
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by KarmaMod(f): 11:55pm On Aug 10, 2008
um what makes you think you were "so wrong" about him?
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by bridget007(f): 12:00am On Aug 11, 2008
i now know he really loves me, it wasnt the visa, which i had to be sure about, the hurt in his eyes tells me, i was so wrong, i dont regret the decision though I had to be sure. I had ro be sure.
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by KarmaMod(f): 12:02am On Aug 11, 2008
bridget007:

i now know he really loves me, it wasnt the visa, which i had to be sure about, the hurt in his eyes tells me, i was so wrong, i don't regret the decision though I had to be sure. I had ro be sure.

Lmao. As a Yoruba woman I can tell you, we're very good actors

Like he'd tell you that he wants you for a visa. Oh well I wish you luck sha.
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

Lmao. As a Yoruba woman I can tell you, we're very good actors

Like he'd tell you that he wants you for a visa. Oh well I wish you luck sha.

OMG, that was funny grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by HRhotness(f): 12:09am On Aug 11, 2008
bridget007:

i now know he really loves me, it wasnt the visa, which i had to be sure about, the hurt in his eyes tells me, i was so wrong, i don't regret the decision though I had to be sure. I had ro be sure.

As long as u're sure and u hav no regrets, thats a good thing
the next step is to make him understand tho. . . if your relationship is to have a chance
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by bridget007(f): 12:11am On Aug 11, 2008
@karmamod KMAss, I do know, but after 18 month he aint that good an actor lol!
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by KarmaMod(f): 12:16am On Aug 11, 2008
bridget007:

now I just aint going to get married like perhaps some yoruba women would just because he lived abroad,

Should I be insulted by this remark? I do know that we don't need a PHD to know NOT to get pregnant for some unstable illegal in the first place undecided

Just syaing that whole "the hurt in his eyes" is not enough to just run and believe he wont abandon you and your family again. I can easily pull off "hurt in my eyes" and be laughing on the inside as well
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by bridget007(f): 12:24am On Aug 11, 2008
I am sorry did not mean to insult anyone, I just know of women in nigerian culture who are desperate to marry. Even with child he has to deserve me I believe.
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by KarmaMod(f): 12:39am On Aug 11, 2008
How come he has to "deserve you" for you to marry him but not for him to knock you up?

bridget007:

I just know of women in nigerian culture who are desperate to marry.

Isnt that most womenreally? In any culture? I know of white americans who have been planning their weddings since they were 12.
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by jgirl3: 12:42am On Aug 11, 2008
I have never judged a man ENTIRELY wrong.
ON the other hand, i have judged a man, he convinced me that i was wrong to judge him that way and then at the end, he was exactly how i judged him to be.
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by bridget007(f): 12:45am On Aug 11, 2008
NOT ME never desperate to marry after divorce
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by Hannibal: 12:47am On Aug 11, 2008
May God help Nigerian men. . . .

We live in a world where a man is judged by the colour of his passport NOT the content of his character. cry cry cry cry
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by CodeRED(f): 12:52am On Aug 11, 2008
j-girl:

I have never judged a man ENTIRELY wrong.
ON the other hand, i have judged a man, he convinced me that i was wrong to judge him that way and then at the end, he was exactly how i judged him to be.

Been there, Done that love. I am with you 100%. The thing is in life we must give pple the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, they always prove themselves right, thus my new mantra: Guilty until Proven Innocent,
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by onyinye2(f): 12:55am On Aug 11, 2008
CodeRED:

Been there, Done that love. I am with you 100%. The thing is in life we must give people the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, they always prove themselves right, thus my new mantra: Guilty until Proven Innocent,
Giving people the constant benefit of the doubt, will get you in some deep mess. Sometimes you have to go with you intuition.
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by jgirl3: 12:57am On Aug 11, 2008
CodeRED:

Been there, Done that love. I am with you 100%. The thing is in life we must give people the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, they always prove themselves right, thus my new mantra: Guilty until Proven Innocent,
I love that mantra. I love it especially when they all try to prove girls wrong and then end up being like just the other guys.
It's even more hilarious when my best guy friend tries to conform to what other guys ideally are. That's the only guy on the face of this earth that has my back 100%. It's a pity that other guys are nothing like him. From the very very first time i talked to him, I just knew he was different from the rest and he's still hasn't changed till today
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by CodeRED(f): 1:00am On Aug 11, 2008
j-girl:

I love that mantra. I love it especially when they all try to prove girls wrong and then end up being like just the other guys.
It's even more hilarious when my best guy friend tries to conform to what other guys ideally are. That's the only guy on the face of this earth that has my back 100%. It's a pity that other guys are nothing like him. From the very very first time i talked to him, I just knew he was different from the rest and he's still hasn't changed till today

I can attest to that highlighted portion of "scripture". grin grin grin

Yea I know, and it makes it even more hilarious when they try so hard, thinking they have it down-packed grin grin grin, fools,

On a more lighter note though, I am convinced now, after so many years, that I may have judged someone terribly wrong. looking back, am thinking of a unique way to make ammends cheesy. What chat think? cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by jgirl3: 1:07am On Aug 11, 2008
CodeRED:

I am attest to that highlighted portion of "scripture". grin grin grin

Yea I know, and it makes it even more hilarious when they try so hard, thinking they have it down-packed grin grin grin, fools,

On a more lighter note though, I am convinced now, after so many years, that I may have judged someone terribly wrong. looking back, am thinking of a unique way to make ammends cheesy. What chat think? cheesy
You don't even understand the half of it.
Just go to the person and apologize. If the person is half the man or woman that he/she should be, they would understand why you judged them that way. It's hard though to realize you have been wrong.
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by CodeRED(f): 1:14am On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Giving people the constant benefit of the doubt, will get you in some deep mess. Sometimes you have to go with you intuition.

Oyinye honey, you are so right wink

j-girl:

You don't even understand the half of it.
Just go to the person and apologize. If the person is half the man or woman that he/she should be, they would understand why you judged them that way. It's hard though to realize you have been wrong.

Girl easier said than done. But my sister promises to accompany me. Funny though, she never liked the individual cheesy grin grin grin,  But I will make it right. Afterall, I am being the bigger person here. The worse they can do is reject my apology, Then it won't be my burden anymore.
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by jgirl3: 1:17am On Aug 11, 2008
CodeRED:

Girl easier said than done. But my sister promises to accompany me. Funny though, she never liked the individual cheesy grin grin grin, But I will make it right. Afterall, I am being the bigger person here. The worse they can do is reject my apology, Then it won't be my burden anymore,
Awwwww,
Bigger person? shocked grin grin grin lipsrsealed I won't say anything about that but you should know why i'm laughing my head off here.
Just go and apologize. Whether accepted or not, you will be respected for that.
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by CodeRED(f): 1:23am On Aug 11, 2008
j-girl:

Awwwww,
Bigger person? shocked grin grin grin lipsrsealed I won't say anything about that but you should know why i'm laughing my head off here. Just go and apologize. Whether accepted or not, you will be respected for that.

Yes! I do know why you are indeed lol your silly head tongue tongue tongue tongue,

And it's so not about the other person right now, it's so all about me. I don't care about their state of mind, I am safeguarding my behind grin. But I will make things right before Labour Day.
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by jgirl3: 1:28am On Aug 11, 2008
CodeRED:

Yes! I do know why you are indeed lol your silly head tongue tongue tongue tongue,

And it's so not about the other person right now, it's so all about me. I don't care about their state of mind, I am safeguarding my behind grin. But I will make things right before Labour Day.
Before Labour Day? that's nice.
Safeguard your behind real well. We don't want you in any trouble now, do we?
Can you believe that I'm actually on the verge of apologizing to some dude as well? I don't know why they make you do this.
I really thought he was a slimeball embarassed
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by CodeRED(f): 1:39am On Aug 11, 2008
j-girl:

Before Labour Day? that's nice.
Safeguard your behind real well. We don't want you in any trouble now, do we?

Trouble ke? No way jare, heard the prisons in Lancaster County are horrible cheesy

j-girl:

Can you believe that I'm actually on the verge of apologizing to some dude as well? I don't know why they make you do this.
I really thought he was a slimeball embarassed

Do what's right lovey, Remember it has nothing to do with the person. It's ALL about you wink
AS per the 'slimeball" issue. Well it's better thinking they are, than actually finding out they ARE cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by jgirl3: 1:44am On Aug 11, 2008
CodeRED:

Trouble ke? No way jare, heard the prisons in Lancaster County are horrible cheesy

Do what's right lovey, Remember it has nothing to do with the person. It's ALL about you wink
AS per the 'slimeball" issue. Well it's better thinking they are, than actually finding out they ARE cheesy
I wasn't talking prison but pls stay out of it. I wanna see my godson happy grin grin grin grin
The slimeball issue was really prolonged. He kept asking me out over and over again and I kept thinking he's just a playa. Turns out he told his mum about me like 2 years ago. Now there she is thinking i'm a horrible girl for not even granting her son audience. I just have to apologize to him and give him my answer before the mama starts hating me too cry cry cry cry
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by CodeRED(f): 1:55am On Aug 11, 2008
LOL. yea of course you will be godmother to him and his 3 other siblings grin.

Well per the 'mama hating issue". Let her hate, she is entitled to that.

ANd do follow your instincts and make it right with the dude. Who knows, maybe He is the ONE cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by jgirl3: 2:00am On Aug 11, 2008
CodeRED:

LOL. yea of course you will be godmother to him and his 3 other siblings grin.

Well per the 'mama hating issue". Let her hate, she is entitled to that.

ANd do follow your instincts and make it right with the dude. Who knows, maybe He is the ONE cheesy cheesy wink
Lol! What 3 siblings? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I can handle him but siblings? no way! they will kill their mama b4 her time grin
As for the mama thing. She loves me very much. She's known me since i was 8. I feel I need to explain my side to her. I'll make it right with him but I know he's NOT the one. The One does not exist so i'm lowering my expectations. Who knows? He just might be my solution to all my problems. grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by CodeRED(f): 2:06am On Aug 11, 2008
j-girl:

Lol! What 3 siblings? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I can handle him but siblings? no way! they will kill their mama before her time grin

Oh Lord! tell me about it. I found my first grey today while "shaving" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

j-girl:

As for the mama thing. She loves me very much. She's known me since i was 8. I feel I need to explain my side to her. I'll make it right with him but I know he's NOT the one. The One does not exist so i'm lowering my expectations. Who knows? He just might be my solution to all my problems. grin grin grin grin

Nice that you two get along. Truth is I am not into the whole "inlaw" thingy. I think as long as they can control your home, then you are the best person. But if they can't then you are a beast. I can do without them. That's why if I do settle for one, she will have to make an appointment in advance before she can visit, EXCEP in the event of an emergency cheesy cheesy grin grin

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, DOn't think of him as a solution there, just as a substitute until better can be done cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Judged A Man Wrong? by jgirl3: 2:15am On Aug 11, 2008
CodeRED:

Oh Lord! tell me about it. I found my first grey today while "shaving" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nice that you two get along. Truth is I am not into the whole "inlaw" thingy. I think as long as they can control your home, then you are the best person. But if they can't then you are a beast. I can do without them. That's why if I do settle for one, she will have to make an appointment in advance before she can visit, EXCEPT in the event of an emergency cheesy cheesy grin grin

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, DOn't think of him as a solution there, just as a substitute until better can be done cheesy
Are you serious?
GOSH!
Yeah neither am I. She's a friend of ma famille. I am not a big fan of in-laws either but I have to have them some time if I ever decide to place myself in the prison instituition called marriage. Some should be treated right. others should just be treated like outcasts.
He's not fit enough to be a substitute. He's fit to be a temporary solution to all my cravings. grin grin grin wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Dont Believe In Lone Any More? / Am I That Dumb? / Need Your Candid Advice !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.