Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,004 members, 7,838,517 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (116083 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On Jul 26, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2010
Places He Has Been
July 26, 2010

"And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place: for Jesus ofttimes resorted thither with his disciples"(John 18:2)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2010
Influence of the Spirit
Monday, July 26, 2010

TEXT: Numbers 11:24-30

"And Moses said unto him, Envies thou for my sake? Would God that the entire Lord's people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!" (Numbers 11:29).

Talk For Today: "Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:29am On Jul 27, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:56pm On Jul 27, 2010
He Shall Judge the World
July 27, 2010

"Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth"(Psalm 96:13)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2010
Acceptable Penitence
Tuesday, July 27, 2010

TEXT: Psalm 51:1-19

"For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me" (Psalm 51:3).

Talk For Today:  "No repentance, no forgiveness"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2010
The Day of Visitation
July 28, 2010

"Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation"(1 Peter 2:12)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:05pm On Jul 28, 2010
Victory  Over  Powerful  Enemies
Wednesday, July 28, 2010

TEXT: Psalm 52:1-9

"The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him" (Psalm 52:6).

Talk For Today:  "By their fruits ye shall know them"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Jul 30, 2010
Gratefulness
Friday, July 30, 2010

TEXT: PSALM 54:1-7

"I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O Lord; for it is good" (Psalm 54:6).

Talk For Today: "How grateful are you to God for His mercies"?

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2010
Have You Forgotten?, by Hui Cai

My beloved child, have you forgotten that I made the earth by My strength?
Have you forgotten that I established the world by My wisdom?
Have you forgotten that I stretched out the heavens by My discretion? (Jeremiah 10:12)

Yes, beloved, I the Lord your God did all these things because I am a powerful God.
I created the universe and all that is in it and I sustain it because I am a good God.
You are Mine and I know you intimately and I know everything about you.
I who brought order to the universe will bring order to your life.
I established the world and sustain it moment by moment.
How much more will I do this for your life, precious Child, the life that was made in My image?

Let Me bring order to your life, beloved. Let Me breath My design and My plan into your life, the life I hold so dearly in My hands, for you are My child and I am deeply in love with you. When you trust Me, I will direct you in My ways, in ways of holiness and righteousness. As I stretched out the heavens, so will I stretch out My plans for you–plans to give you a hope and a future.

All that I have are yours, beloved child. I did not spare My only Son, but gave Him up for your redemption.
How much more will I give you all things? But I am a God of order and not disorder.
Just as I ordered the universe into existence so will I order your life into holiness and righteousness.
That’s right, My love, just as I am Holy, I require you to be holy.

Do not resist My working within you, for I desire My work to bear the image of its designer.
Your life will bear My good and perfect reflection as you yield your spirit, body, and mind to Me.
Be not discouraged about what you will eat, drink or wear, but look to the God who made the earth in His power, established the world in His wisdom and stretched forth the heavens in His discretion.
How much more will I order your life step by step, day by day, in order to bring forth the fruits of righteousness and holiness?

You are Mine, beloved and I am still your Maker, Father, and Sustainer.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2010

"Follow Me" Some of My children are treating their lives like they are walking on a tight-rope.
Trying to do a balancing act not to fall and crash.
You can not have one foot in the world and one foot in My Kingdom My children. You do have to make a choice.
Are you willing and able to serve the Most High God? Do you truly want to serve the Most High God?
Are you willing to make the necessary sacrifices that will be required of you to serve the Most High God?
My burden and yolk is light and easy My children.
I see so many of My children struggling to make ends meet.
Struggling to keep their heads above water.
Fearing to come out into the deep waters with Me, but at the same time, trusting in the world's ways to do things instead of doing things My kingdom Principle Ways. Have you forgotten My Word that I have given you in Jeremiah 29:11?
For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil,
to give you hope in your final outcome.
Why are you still trusting the world's ways? Don't you understand how much I love each and everyone of you?
Can't you feel Me calling out to you to come? My Arms are opened wide to receive you My children.
Lay your burdens down.
Lay them at My Feet. I laid My life down for you at the Cross.
I finished it all at the Cross for each and everyone of you, but you must make a choice whether or not to receive Me into your hearts.
You must give it all to Me My children.
Give Me your sins, your pains, your hurts, your wounds, your sicknesses and diseases, your heart-aches, your offenses, your poverty, your lives. Don't hold anything back from Me My children.
Give Me even those secret things you hold so dear and near to you.
Do you not want deliverance from these things? Do you not want to be set free? (John 8:36) He who the Son sets free is free indeed.
Freedom is wonderful My children, but it does come at a price. I paid the price for you.
I came so you could have life more abundantly.
But you must choose Me, and you must choose to follow Me each and every day of your lives.
When you sin and fall down, don't stay down.
Don't let the Devil beat you up or talk you into sinning more. Come to Me immediately and repent.
Turn from your evil, wicked ways and ask for My forgiveness.
If you are sincere in heart, won't I forgive you? I will forgive.
I will cleanse you when you ask Me to.
I will throw your sins into the Sea of Forgetfulness never to be remembered again.
But repentance means to turn around and not to continue to go down that same wrong pathway.
You have to have the renewing of the mind.
You need to feed on My Word daily just like you have to physically feed your body daily.
One Sunday morning service a week is not enough. It must be a daily feeding on My Word.
Stay in touch with Me throughout the whole day. Stay close to Me. Don't stray away from Me.
Know that I love you very much, and that I have good plans for your life.
Much better plans than you could ever come up with for yourselves.
Hear My Heart's cry for you today My children.
I am calling you back to Me. Come running!
Come running to the Mercy Seat My children!
I will meet you there, says the Lord your God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2010
The Powerful Hand of God
July 31, 2010

"Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together"(Isaiah 48:13)

The human hand is an anatomical marvel; nothing remotely comparable exists among the primates or any other animals.  It is a marvel of design.  But surely the "hand of God"--of which man's hand is only a very dim shadow--is infinitely more powerful and skillful.

Note the testimony of Isaiah 45:12: "I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded." God did not have to use intermediate processes or pre-existing materials.  Everything was "commanded" into existence and "I, even my hands," made all of it, including man.  Creation was direct--a direct product of God's mighty hands.

Not only was it direct, it was also immediate, as our text above makes emphatically plain.  His hand laid the earth's foundation and spanned the heavens.  Then, "when I call unto them," He says, "they stand up together!" Not one by one--first the universe, then the sun, then the earth, and so on.  No, "they stand up together." "He spake, and it was done" (Psalm 33:9).  It did not take 16 billion years; it took six days--and the only reason it took that long was so that God's work week could serve as a pattern for man (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's hand is omnipotent, and "He's got the whole world in His hands."  It is wonderful to know His hand is gentle and loving as well as powerful.  His hands will bear eternal scars, where they were spiked to the cross, because He loved us, and died for us.  "My sheep hear my voice," He says, "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (John 10:27-28).  The hand that spanned the heavens can hold on to those who trust Him. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2010
The Troubled Supplicant
Saturday, July 31, 2010

TEXT: PSALM 55:1-15

"My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me" (Psalm 55:4).

Talk For Today:  "God is your very present help in trouble"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:48pm On Aug 01, 2010
Those Whom God Calls Fools
August 1, 2010

"Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?"(Deuteronomy 32:6)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 6:39pm On Aug 01, 2010

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. — John 14:6.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by jaybreezie: 12:37am On Aug 02, 2010
Never knew this thread existed and I've been whiling on NL all this while. God bless the person or persons that thought of this, you'll be getting my posts very soon. Its all about God,
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2010
If you stop listening to instruction, my child, you will stray from the words of knowledge.
Proverbs 19:27 (NET)

Stop with your preconceived thoughts of what and how I will answer you.

Will I not give you what is necessary?
I do not hold back from speaking with my people.
But you need to spend time learning to recognize my voice.
Hear my voice and respond to it's leading.
Do not be worried what I send you to do.
I am with you.
I will complete what I've said.

Seek me and watch how I respond to you.
Seek me and tell me of your needs.
Listen to my Sprit and he will direct you.
He will reveal my heart and guide you into the true knowledge of the Son.
Experience what I have for you.
The written words will come alive.
They too will speak into your situations.

Draw closer and the noisy voices will be filtered out.
The words of confusion are not mine.
In me and my ways are truth.
I am filled with compassion.
Wrath is not for my children.
Seek me and not your own considerations.
I will answer you and provide in marvelous ways.

Do not stop listen for me and will will gain fullness of life.
Go on your own knowledge and the enemy has a right of way.
I am the gate, do not allow others to corrupt what you hear or what you shall say.
Follow me into safety and remain as I direct.

I am constantly bringing in and sending out those who are faithful to my word.

Steven W Bliss
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by debosky(m): 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2010
Excellent grace5!

That really touched me. God Bless.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by jossyr(m): 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2010
"And jesus came and said unto them,all power and authority have been given unto me in heaven and on earth"matthew 28;18.there is no cause for alarm!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2010
Fire in the Bones
August 2, 2010

"Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay"(Jeremiah 20:9)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by jossyr(m): 9:48am On Aug 03, 2010
DIVINE PURPOSE. 1COR.9;16"FOR THOUGH I PREACH THE GOSPEL,I HAVE NOTHING TO GLORY OF:FOR NECESSITY IS LAID UPON ME;YEA WOE IS UNTO ME IF I PREACH NOT THE GOSPEL!" Gods heart cry is to see the soul of mankind saved,he has geared all his effort towards salvaging mankind from eternal destruction.As christians we are Gods representatives on earth with the responsibility of helping men to get saved.The bible says that God is not the author of confussion[1cor.14:33],he does his things orderly!.GOD has given each of his children divine assignments which is specific and perculiar to that individual geared 2wards saving lost souls.Each of this assignments are integral parts of the ulmimate purpose o f saving the human race 4rm destruction.when did God share this assignments?he did that b4 the foundation of the earth.Eph.1;4according as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, .But ur purpose remains latent until u give ur life to christ-that is when ur divine purpose can be revealed to u tru the holyghost in you.for example apostle paul had no idea of becoming a soul winner 4 jesus,that was why he fought the disciple vehemently.But the day of his salvation came,he received jesus christ and was baptised of the holyghost,immediately the holyghost began to prompt him to start his divine assignment which he did excellently.some christians have not yet discovered their purpose on earth,it suggests poor fellowship with the holyspirit,if u partner with the holyghost ur purpose will surely be made known to u.some christiains have known their purpose on planet earth but are reluctant to swing into action perhaps because they have carved another purpose 4 themselves,this is unfortunate!the greatest thing that can happen to a man is 4 him to successfully complete their divine course on earth.listen to apostle paul 2thim.4;7-8 2I have fought a good fight of faith, i have finished my course,i have kept the faith.henceforth there is laid up for me A CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,, .[/color][color=#000099]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:11am On Aug 03, 2010
Escape the Judgment!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010

TEXT: 1 KINGS 2:26-35

"So Solomon thrust out Abiathar from being priest unto the Lord; that he might fulfil the word of the Lord, which he spake concerning the house of Eli in Shiloh" (1 Kings 2:27).

Thought for the day:  "The law of retributive justice unerringly grips the unrepentant in time"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14am On Aug 03, 2010
Acceptable Sacrifices
August 3, 2010

"Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ"(1 Peter 2:5)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2010
Run to Me

Run to Me, run to Me!

How I long for you to run to Me!

Some need to hear that you must not worry about "how it looks" as My
anointing pours forth upon you!
For some, it will come in a peaceful, gentle warmth that penetrates the heart, for others, it will be a flaming
Fire of My Holy Spirit, for others it will come forth so suddenly that
you will tremble and quake from your head to your toes, for others your
spirit will be touched so deeply that you will weep and weep as you draw
nigh to Me. But come!

For too long, many have been concerned about "how it might look." Have
no fear. Can't I move in many ways upon My people? Even as I walked this
earth, there were many ways I touched people in healing. For one, I spat
and used mud. For another, I just spoke My words.
To another, I gave the words at a distance and it was done and healing came.
But I long for My people to come into My fullness.

How I long for My people to come!
Do not be concerned with the "why's", but come.
Spend time in My Word, draw nigh to Me, and just be open to
Me as I lavish upon you.
I long to lavish upon you with My anointing,
My presence, and My touch.

Run to Me. I am waiting, and I long for you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41pm On Aug 04, 2010
The Sword
August 4, 2010

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword"(Matthew 10:34)

The Christian life is a life of war, and the Christian soldier must be a skilled swordsman if he is to survive and win. In our text, Jesus taught that a peaceful life would not be the Christian’s lot, but a life of swordsmanship instead.

The first "sword" mentioned in the Old Testament was not a sword of metal, but a "flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life" (Genesis 3:24).  Likewise, the final sword mentioned in the New Testament is "the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth" (Revelation 19:21).  This is the fiery sword with which the coming "man of sin" (2 Thessalonians 2:3) will be defeated "whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming" (v. cool"He shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked" (Isaiah 11:4).

The mighty "word of the LORD" by which "were the heavens made" (Psalm 33:6) is still a flaming sword, turning every way, for "out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword" (Revelation 1:16) as John saw Him in His present glory.

Furthermore, we can wield this same sword by His Spirit, for "the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword . . . a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).

The Christian armour, as outlined in Ephesians 6:13-17, is all defensive armour with the one exception of the prayerful use of "the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" (v. 17).  In this wonderful text, the spoken "word of God" is in view--the sword applied, on either edge, turning every way, probing exactly when and where needed in each encounter of every battle of the Christian warfare. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2010
Crossing the Boundary?
Wednesday, August 4, 2010

TEXT: 1 KINGS 2:36-46

"And the king sent and called for Shimei, and said unto him, Did I not make thee to swear by the Lord, and protested unto thee, saying, Know for a certain, on the day thou goest out, and walkest abroad any whither, that thou shalt surely die? and thou saidst unto me, The word that I have heard is good" (1 Kings 2:42).

Thought for the day: "No safety outside God’s set boundaries of grace"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:38am On Aug 05, 2010
The Lasting Noahic Covenant
August 5, 2010

"And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth"(Genesis 9:11)

When God gave Noah this promise, the world had just been through the devastating cataclysm that flooded the entire globe and destroyed all except those on Noah's Ark. The world was fearful and barren and there seemed nothing to prevent another such flood from coming on the earth.

Nevertheless, God's promise--not only to Noah but also to the animals (Genesis 9:9-10)--has been kept for over 4,000 years. God later reminded Job of this promise when He told him that He had "shut up the sea with doors. . . . And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed" (Job 38:8, 11). The psalmist also referred to this covenant. When the whole earth had been covered "with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains. At thy rebuke they fled. . . . Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth" (Psalm 104:6-7, 9).

God has kept His Word, and there has never been another worldwide flood. Sadly, however, many modern compromising Christian theologians and scientists have said that the Flood must have been only a local or regional flood, in order (they hope) to please the evolutionists, practically all of whom insist that the earth is 4.6 billion years old and never had any global flood.

If that were true, however, then God has broken His promise. There have been numerous local and regional floods in the world since Noah's day. But God has kept His promise. The Flood indeed was a unique cataclysm in which "the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished" (2 Peter 3:6), and such a flood has never occurred again. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2010
WHERE IS YOUR TRUST IN ME?

Do you want what I don't want?
Is My Timing not enough?
Can you wait for change to occur?
Will the worth of that be enough?
Are My Purposes sure?
Is My Hand able to lead?
Will My Peace all encompass your needs?
Can I supply all and be the God of your destiny?
Will you seek Me only and be content?
Will you seek Me early and dwell in My Courts?
Have you been here before?
Was YOUR push productive?
CAN I LEAD AND GUIDE FINALLY?

Be obedient, My child, and I will bless. You are where I want you. You are in My will.
There is nothing lacking and hear not the clamor for no one knows what "we" look like. What I am expecting and what I am providing.
What I will do in your tomorrows.

Be at peace, My child, and let Me orchestrate My Plan for it is perfect and pure. It is righteous and plain to your spirit.
It will give your desires and fill. Fill with this love, joy and peace that you desire and that I DESIRE TO GIVE.

Lean not to your own understanding but acknowledge Me.

"Thus says the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is his name;
Call unto me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you know not."
Jeremiah 33: 2, 3
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2010
Keep His Commandments
Thursday, August 5, 2010

TEXT: 1 KINGS 3:1-15

"And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days" (1 Kings 3:14).

Thought for the day:  "Obedience brings blessings"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by jossyr(m): 10:06am On Aug 06, 2010
[quote][/quote]OUR GOD REIGNS
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2010
With Christ
August 6, 2010

"For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power"(Colossians 2:9-10)

For more . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.