Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (115688 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (115) (Go Down)

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 2:58pm On Aug 11, 2008
Hi All.

I feel this is long overdue.  I know quite a lot of folks that have refused to log on or post again probably due to the atmosphere in the religion section.  However, I feel we can get together here in this thread and share our faith and love in true fellowship.

Do you have a word of encouragement?  You want to admonish others?  Do you have a topic to study together with others?  Or is it a question?  Do you have a song to share, an issue to pray about?  Maybe yours is a word of revelation or a testimony?  Or perhaps you want others to share your burden(s) in the true spirit of Christ?  Then lets have a fellowship here!

[list]
[li]Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. (Colosians 3:16)

[/li]

[li]Not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near (Hebrews 10:25)

[/li]

[li]But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. (Hebrews 3:13)

[/li]

[li]"For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." (Matthew 18:20) [/li]
[/list]

Atmosphere

Let's do this in an atmosphere of love, unity, peace,true fellowship, respect for each other and being our brother's (or sister's) keeper.  Let's refrain from things that divide us and keep it clean.  Folks, lets have a real christian groove here and make this thread a rich christian online experience!  We can do it!!

Admission

For those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord or those ready to become part of us or fellowship with us.

Welcome to Fellowship!

Other Christian threads for Praise, Prayer, Songs, Quotes and Favourite Passage.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2008
This is GREAT!!!!!

i have a Word for today

Give Attention To My Words

PROVERBS 4:20-22 NKJ
20 My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my
sayings.
21 Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the
midst of your heart;
22 For they are life to those who find them, And health to all
their flesh.

Giving attention to God's Word is not as easy as it once was.
Today we have a multitude of distractions. Busyness seems to be
a disease shared by everyone. We all have more than we can do.

Yet . . .

God doesn't change. His Word doesn't change. It still says the
same thing it did a thousand years ago -- and it will still say
the same thing a thousand years from now.

"Give attention to my words, "

We are confronted with a choice. What is most important? To
what shall we give our limited time? God, or, ?

God makes promises no one else does -- or can. He created, so
He knows how things work.

Life. Life in its fullness. Life as God intended it to be. And
health. Isn't that what everyone would like? That is the
written guarantee offered by God to the human race -- for
paying attention to what He has said.

SAY THIS: I choose to pay attention to God's Word. I choose
life and health. I choose God.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2008
Gamine, preach it sister! I repeat with you: I choose to pay attention to God's Word. I choose life and health. I choose God.

Bless you richly.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 3:13pm On Aug 11, 2008
The Word is the only way out.

We Christians need to study the word.

Christianity as we know it today is being handed to us on an evil platter.

we are too busy to study, everything is sharp sharp,

Only the word will lead us back to the Son

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Pataki: 3:21pm On Aug 11, 2008
Very interesting. . . . .

I guess I will be paying more attention to the religion board now.

Joshua 1:8 -This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth, but thou shall meditate on it day and night, that mayest observe to do all that is written therein for then thou shall make thy way prosperous and have good success.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2008
Sooo right!  It is what I call Fast Christianity, just like you have fast food!  I think it's the spirit of the age.  Every thing must happen instantly.  However the Word says "Study to show yourselves approved as a workman. . . "  Every student knows there is no shortcut to studying.  Lack of it leads to failure.  So it is with God.  Remember, the Word is the Son.  Halleluyah!

How I pray God will grant us grace.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 3:28pm On Aug 11, 2008
His Grace Abounds.

Im totally grateful for that. smiley smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 3:33pm On Aug 11, 2008
Hey Patakiiiiiiii! Where have you been? Thank God you resurfaced here. Welcome to fellowship.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by MissyB1(m): 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2008
What a prodigious idea!!
Thanks for giving birth to such an idea.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2008
@Pataki, in other words, you want to have good success and true prosperity, the Word is it!

@MissyB,  I return the praise to Him alone.  I was led.  I got tired of logging on without being satisfied.  So like most, I stayed off.  Then I saw some threads (referenced above already) and thought, why not have a fellowship in here?

Now I am really grateful to God because I nearly discarded the idea.  This is our fellowship. We are more than 2, so Christ Himself is here already. Let's all make it a point to keep it alive and touch lives everyday.

Love you all.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by onyinye2(f): 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2008
I Love This Idea!!!

I grew up in the Anglican church.

And I know that the word of God is my only salvation.

He has been there when i needed him and never turned me astray.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Pataki: 3:49pm On Aug 11, 2008
Analytical:

Hey Patakiiiiiiii! Where have you been? Thank God you resurfaced here. Welcome to fellowship.
Hi Analytical, cheesy

Been a loooooooooooooong while I must say. Yeah I switched off from the religion board when the whole Islam thing started getting messy and the whole board was been censored for word pertaining to a religion.

How are you doing? God bless you for raising this thread up. I will sure more than anything pay attention here and as the scripture says it: Iron sharpeneth iron, so a friend sharpens the countenance of his partner. I look forward to be blessed from you.

God bless you big time brother. smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 3:59pm On Aug 11, 2008
@Oyinye2, Welcome sister. Read some wonderful things from you in other threads. I grew up in an Anglican Church too. But thank God for tearing down the middle wall of partition. . . There is no denomination in the Spirit. He seeks those who will worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

@Pataki, God bless you pal. I can see we will have a swell time here!

All, maybe we should just spare a word of prayer now for each other that we are here together. In Jesus name. . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by onyinye2(f): 4:03pm On Aug 11, 2008
Analytical:

@Oyinye2, Welcome sister. Read some wonderful things from you in other threads. I grew up in an Anglican Church too. But thank God for tearing down the middle wall of partition. . . There is no denomination in the Spirit. He seeks those who will worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.
Yes we are all One in eyes of our Father.

I feel that any problem or trouble I have crossed paths with, God was my light at the end of the tunnel.

So im very blessed to be raised in the Church and be blessed with the Word of God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

I feel that any problem or trouble I have crossed paths with, God was my light at the end of the tunnel.

". . . Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age " (Matt 28:20b) What a glorious assurance from the One who is the Beginning and the Ending!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by MissyB1(m): 4:11pm On Aug 11, 2008
I like that verse.Tis actually one of d verses that keeps me goin. smiley

I pray we have a swell time by his grace.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by onyinye2(f): 4:12pm On Aug 11, 2008
Analytical:

". . . Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age " (Matt 28:20b)  What a glorious assurance from the One who is the Beginning and the Ending!
It is truly a wonderful feeling to know no matter what, there is ALWAYS someone there watching over you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by agaba123(m): 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2008
Missy B:

I like that verse.Tis actually one of d verses that keeps me goin. smiley

I pray we have a swell time by his grace.
shooo
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 4:25pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

It is truly a wonderful feeling to know no matter what, there is ALWAYS someone there watching over you.

Yes o.  Have you seen the way mother hen watches over her chicks?  Covering, protecting, giving warmth, succour and fending off danger from them?  That is the way He watches over us too.

Check this out:

Deut: 32:9-12

For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.

As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings:

So the LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him.

Isn't that simply wonderful?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by jaysworld(f): 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2008
This is really something Great, I mean the fellowship, Bravo!Am in.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Pataki: 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2008
You know as I was about sleeping yesterday night to this morning, I realized how much I gone far astray from the Father's love for me. Even when I choose to remain not perfect, God still was there.

I have come to realize that in HIM I have my being and my existence, and it is my daily prayer that God will take me back fully to the first love.

I do not know how many people have strayed from God, but he is ever ready and willing, standing at the door knocking for us to open our heart to receive HIM.

Prayer:
Lord, I give everything about me to YOU. It is not about me LORD, but you and you alone.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by oziomatv(m): 4:34pm On Aug 11, 2008
You'll be paying much attention to this thread till Hotfunmi show up.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 4:42pm On Aug 11, 2008
I attended a Service yesterday

that completely threw me off.

The blinders on my eyes, came off so fast i couldnt believe it.

thats why my status message is I, is Dead.

IT is never about any of us, its about the Cross

the One, Who died and Is on the Throne
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by begood1: 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2008
let the peace of God reign in our lives here in Jesus NAMe!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by MissyB1(m): 4:45pm On Aug 11, 2008
Whoever is Hotfunmi?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by yicob(m): 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2008
somebody shout halleluyah!

"And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested." (1 Chronicles 4:10).

theme: obedience to divine instructions. (Galatians 2:20, 1 Cor, 15:31)

The Lord is always ready to listen to the prayer of believers if only we are ready to obey his command. "seek ye 1st the kingdom of God and every other thing would be added . . ."
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2008
jaysworld:

This is really something Great, I mean the fellowship, Bravo!Am in.

Welcome!

Pataki:

I do not know how many people have strayed from God, but he is ever ready and willing, standing at the door knocking for us to open our heart to receive HIM.

Prayer:
Lord, I give everything about me to YOU. It is not about me LORD, but you and you alone.

Amen brother.  Thank God for the love of the Father.  It's unconditional.  Simply amazing, beyond comprehension.  Stay in it.

Gamine:

IT is never about any of us, its about the Cross

the One, Who died and Is on the Throne

Sure, it's all about Him.  Father, I pray you continue to shine the light of your mystery upon us that we may know our utter dependency is on You and You alone.
begood1:

let the peace of God reign in our lives here in Jesus NAMe!

Amen
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2008
yicob:

somebody shout halleluyah!

The Lord is always ready to listen to the prayer of believers if only we are ready to obey his command. "seek ye 1st the kingdom of God and every other thing would be added . . ."

Halleluyah, brother!

Trust and Obey, for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by ima1(f): 4:57pm On Aug 11, 2008
wow thanks for coming up with this idea, proves no one can say they did not have the opportunity to serve God, i am happy to be part of it, n thanks to Gamine for todays word, hope this would become a daily bible reading thing, especially for me cuz i don't read the bible much, if i could come online and get a dose of the bible then its a great thing.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by LASIEFAIRE(m): 4:59pm On Aug 11, 2008
Pataki:

You know as I was about sleeping yesterday night to this morning, I realized how much I gone far astray from the Father's love for me. Even when I choose to remain not perfect, God still was there.

I have come to realize that in HIM I have my being and my existence, and it is my daily prayer that God will take me back fully to the first love.

Prayer:

Amen to your prayer.

I can't count how many times I have strayed.

Worshipping with Christ on a consistent basis like everyother good thing does not come easy. You stray, you fall, You bruise, You falter, you fail, but all through your trials and tribulation, He is there. Watching over You, Protecting you. The greatest mistake that I and many followers of Christ make is forgetting that the Lord is ALWAYS by our side. His armour protecting us when we battle, His grace saving us when we fall short, His light guiding us when we journey, His blanket covering over us when we sleep.

Numerous times I have gone to the wrong source, sought the wrong solution, fought the wrong battle, asked for advice from the wrong person. When all along His hands are stretched forth waiting for me to reach. When Man and Science have woefully failed me, I go backing running to the Lord and Strangely, like the Prodigal son, He always welcomes me back.

My life is a testament to the Lord goodness, many times my flesh gets in the way, but the grace and mercy of the lord always sees me through.

Prayer:
Oh Lord my God let my life be precious in thy sight and deliver not to the will of my enemies
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by kolaoloye(m): 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2008
For sure,this thread is going to bless many pple  BRB
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2008
ima1:

wow thanks for coming up with this idea, proves no one can say they did not have the opportunity to serve God, i am happy to be part of it, n thanks to Gamine for todays word, hope this would become a daily bible reading thing, especially for me because i don't read the bible much, if i could come online and get a dose of the bible then its a great thing.

I pray it happens, sister.  That is my desire and much more.  A real daily christian online experience that just grows and grows, while we get filled with His divine presence.  Yes, here on Nairaland!  Somebody say Amen!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.