Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption (952 Views)

Leo Ekpenyong Who Accused Akpabio Of Corruption Charged With Defamation / How to tackle the Problem of Corruption Cankerworm In Nigeria! / A Good Look Inside Nigeria's Brand New Moderntrains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by MrCrackles(m): 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2008
Something out of this world or what would you describe it as?! grin
Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by Godalone(m): 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2008
The kind of corruption in Nigeria cannot be classified,it has eaten deep into the system.
Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by MrCrackles(m): 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2008
Godalone:

The kind of corruption in Nigeria cannot be classified,it has eaten deep into the system.

un-classifiable if that exists in the dictionary grin
Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by onyinye2(f): 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2008
Nigeria has the potential
To be something great
But because of these
Potical mu mu's
We shall always be
Deemed as corrupt
Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by madamkoko: 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2008
Nigeria needs a bloody revolution.
Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by jumobi1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2008
madamkofo, i'll marry u for that statement. that's what me and my friends were sayin @ our African student's meeting in my school and we almost got beheaded for that. we really need a French style Revolution
Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by MrCrackles(m): 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2008
madamkoko:

good point! wink
Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by Godalone(m): 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2008
madamkoko:

You get it.
Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by madamkoko: 3:33pm On Aug 13, 2008
No joke, before I go to bed almost every night, I cry for my country.

I've read many, many, many, books and I reached the conclusion that its the only thing that can "attempt" to save the country.

Not Religion
No pastor
No amount of prayer
But a revolution.

Of course, not many will agree with this. But its the only way that radical and drastic change can happen in our type of government where MORONS are deemed to be kings and princes.
Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by Thor(m): 4:18pm On Aug 13, 2008
Nigerians are notoriously lazy people, it is not by chance that Nigerians are the number one criminal fraternity on the planet. The 419'ers would rather sit in an internet cafe all day sending their stupid emails than do an honest days work sad sad

Even when Nigerians move abroad they are normally up to no good and become involved in petty and sometimes major crimes. Many young Nigerians travel on student visa's, but abuse the trust they have been shown and disappear into the host country illegally. Many people say that they are clever, NO, they are just very lazy and dishonest.

Nigeria is in the bad position it is in because of Nigerians, nobody else is to blame for the countries woes. Nigerians are unfortunately doomed to failure with their current mind set and lazy, dishonest mentality.

The Nigerian mentality is to cheat your way through life and give nothing or little back to the community. The Nigerian way is to blame everybody other than themselves for their problems angry angry angry

They say that you can gauge the status of a nation by it's surroundings, just take a look at the filth and squalor in Lagos and you will see that this statement is true.
Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by madamkoko: 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2008
Nigerians are notoriously lazy people

I'm not sure if this is the case. Nigerians are the most hard working people I know.

The problem most of the time, I observe is that WE THINK THAT WE ARE SMARTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE. Creating the false notion of unnecessary PRIDE hereby leading to our downfall.

Look at the religion industry, same sh%$%&t. Anyways sha, Only Nigerians will save Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by onyinye2(f): 4:34pm On Aug 13, 2008
Thor:

Nigerians are notoriously lazy people, it is not by chance that Nigerians are the number one criminal fraternity on the planet. The 419'ers would rather sit in an internet cafe all day sending their stupid emails than do an honest days work  sad sad
You have it twisted
Screwed up and mistaken
Nigerians are notoriously
Hard working people
You must be trippin if you
Actually believe Nigerians
Are number one in Criminal activities.

Thor:

Even when Nigerians move abroad they are normally up to no good and become involved in petty and sometimes major crimes. Many young Nigerians travel on student visa's, but abuse the trust they have been shown and disappear into the host country illegally. Many people say that they are clever, NO, they are just very lazy and dishonest.
Nigerians how move Abroad
9 times out of 10
Succeed in legit occupations
Actually Japanese and Chinese
Are notorious for disappearing with
Student Visas.
Lazy. . . nope. Dishonest. . . nope
Intelligent. . . Yes.

Thor:

Nigeria is in the bad position it is in because of Nigerians, nobody else is to blame for the countries woes. Nigerians are unfortunately doomed to failure with their mind set and lazy, dishonest mentality.
Actually the country is
Not corrupt by laziness
It is corrupt by greed
As for the blaming of Nigeria's problems
Im going to let you do your research.

Thor:

The Nigerian mentality is to cheat your way through life and give nothing or little back to the community. The Nigerian way is to blame everybody other than themselves for their problems   angry angry angry
The Nigerian mentality varies
You only speak of the corrupt ones
Why not state the mentalities of
The ones doing good?
Because you don't want
To be seen as contradicting
When you do and you seem ignorant
And about giving back. . .
Don't even get me started on how many hospitals
And schools built by people you gave back.

Thor:

They say that you can gauge the status of a nation by it's surroundings, just take a look at the filth and squalor in Lagos and you will see that this statement is true.

You very ignorant and biased
Every country has its good and bad
The United States has areas that look like
The swamps of the Philipines
And has places that look like things you only
See in your dreams
Sames as Nigeria

So next time you try and make Nigeria look bad
Try and do some research
And come up with a better arguement
Because all you said was basically on the grounds of
Ignorance, biased, lack of knowledge, lack of resources
And don't forget resentment.
Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by Goldmind1(m): 8:57pm On Aug 13, 2008
Please don't laugh loud. In United States of America they invented a machine that catches thieves; they took it out to different countries for a test. · USA, in 30 minutes it caught 500 thieves,· Ghana, in 10 minutes it caught 6000 thieves,· Nigeria, in 5 minutes the machine was stolen.
Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by Thor(m): 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2008
God is flying above the clouds with Jesus, they can not see the land for the clouds. Jesus asks his father where they are, God puts his hand through the clouds and informs Jesus they are in France, 'how do you know?' asks Jesus ' because I could feel the Eiffel Tower' God says, a little later Jesus asks again and God puts his hand through the clouds once more, we are over Nigeria God tell Jesus, 'how do you know' asks Jesus, 'because my watch has been stolen off my wrist' God says shocked shocked shocked

@onyinye2

I stand by my earlier statements, the majority of Nigerians are not clever, they are lazy and dishonest. OK not all are the same, but 99% would be a fair assumption lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I am not resentful of Nigeria, I am just telling it as it is, I am not living in cloud cuckoo land like you. Lagos for example is a filthy, stinking rat hole, people do not respect where they live, they chuck their rubbish in the streets and live like animals. That is what lazy people do, no morals, no culture, no hope and no respect for the place in which they live.

Just keep on blaming the rest of the world for Nigeria's troubles. Nigerians are world class at burying their heads in the sand and are in self denial about the state of their country and its people.

I am sorry if the truth hurts, it normally does lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed NO OFFENCE INTENDED

To all the educated, hardworking and honest Nigerians out there, I salute you (all 10 of you) cheesy cheesy

Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by MrCrackles(m): 8:56am On Aug 14, 2008
Gold-mind:

Please don't laugh loud. In United States of America they invented a machine that catches thieves; they took it out to different countries for a test. · USA, in 30 minutes it caught 500 thieves,· Ghana, in 10 minutes it caught 6000 thieves,· Nigeria, in 5 minutes the machine was stolen.

grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria's Brand Of Corruption by MrCrackles(m): 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2008
who said Nigeria is not the most corrupt nation in the world?! grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is A Joke! / Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? / Igbos Needed In Us Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.