Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Protest Shefiu Salawudeen's Cold Blood Murder In Lviv, Ukraine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Shefiu Salawudeen's Cold Blood Murder In Lviv, Ukraine (971 Views)

DSS Agents Kill Policeman In Cold Blood / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / Police Arrest Cow For Murder In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

Protest Shefiu Salawudeen's Cold Blood Murder In Lviv, Ukraine by lagbaja(m): 9:40am On Feb 02, 2009
On Sunday 18th January, 2009, Shefiu Salawudeen, A Nigerian was stabbed to death in the neck in a yet to be established motive in Lviv, Ukraine around 8pm while waiting at the busstop to board a bus. Calling on all Nigerians home and abroad to protest the killing of this young man who arrived in Ukraine 2001, married an Ukrainian and resided lawfully in Ukraine. He is survived by parents, sibblings, wife, one child and friends.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2499253&id=546255780&ref=mf#/group.php?gid=45122124532

Nigerians are tired of being treated inhumanely. Enough of these beastly treatments and unwarranted brutalities! Nigerians reject being treated like dogs all over the world Nigerians from now onwards, must make non-Nigerians do one of two things, respect us or fear the consequences of a lack.
24hours after the incident, the representatives of Nigeria in Kiev, Ukraine, are still contemplating on what to do and ignoring calls from Nigerian citizens here. As they are constrained by bureaucracy protocol. But, again, thankfully, the rest of us, do not have those constraints and we are speaking out and we want the world to know that a Nigerian's life was illegally and violently ended in Ukraine.
By law we can not engage the system here and the police are requesting the presence of our embassy.
Protection and preservation of Nigerian citizens is the primary duty of the government of Nigeria, and therefore, Nigerian diplomats worldwide. This duty is sacrosanct.

All Nigerians, diplomats, entire hierarchy and levels of government in Nigeria must ensure, that the killers of any Nigerian do not go unpunished. Nigerians and Nigeria must draw a line in the sand regarding the sanctity of the lives of Nigerian citizens.
Re: Protest Shefiu Salawudeen's Cold Blood Murder In Lviv, Ukraine by JustGood(m): 1:03pm On Feb 02, 2009
May his soul reast in peace.

I have always advised against going to Eastern bloc countries because of their undisguised racist ways. I wont ever go on holiday to any of them. . . why take my money to a country where people hate me for the colour of my skin?
Re: Protest Shefiu Salawudeen's Cold Blood Murder In Lviv, Ukraine by asha80(m): 1:23pm On Feb 02, 2009
Nigerians are tired of being treated inhumanely. Enough of these beastly treatments and unwarranted brutalities! Nigerians reject being treated like dogs all over the world Nigerians from now onwards, must make non-Nigerians do one of two things, respect us or fear the consequences of a lack.
24hours after the incident, the representatives of Nigeria in Kiev, Ukraine, are still contemplating on what to do and ignoring calls from Nigerian citizens here. As they are constrained by bureaucracy protocol. But, again, thankfully, the rest of us, do not have those constraints and we are speaking out and we want the world to know that a Nigerian's life was illegally and violently ended in Ukraine.
By law we can not engage the system here and the police are requesting the presence of our embassy.
Protection and preservation of Nigerian citizens is the primary duty of the government of Nigeria, and therefore, Nigerian diplomats worldwide. This duty is sacrosanct.

All Nigerians, diplomats, entire hierarchy and levels of government in Nigeria must ensure, that the killers of any Nigerian do not go unpunished. Nigerians and Nigeria must draw a line in the sand regarding the sanctity of the lives of Nigerian citizens.
[quote][/quote]

Which diplomats or government?  People who are not interested or cannot fish out killers that kill their own citizens within the country and you think they give a hoot about a nigerian killed in ukraine.Have they arrested the people that killed that edo guy in spain?My guy just forget about the 'nigerian government' because they do not care about nigerians in general.

May the guys soul rest in peace.
Re: Protest Shefiu Salawudeen's Cold Blood Murder In Lviv, Ukraine by BOSS7: 1:31pm On Feb 02, 2009
asha 80:

[/b]

Which diplomats or government?  People who are not interested or cannot fish out killers that kill their own citizens within the country and you think they give a hoot about a nigerian killed in ukraine.Have they arrested the people that killed that edo guy in spain?My guy just forget about the 'nigerian government' because they do not care about nigerians in general.

It's a shame Nigerians have to feel this way but all goes down to bad leadership.  What could be done? Really? This question keeps recurring. Is it that hard to call for a revlution? Ukraine themeslves have done it, Thailand did it, Greece did it. Why can't we do it?

May this innocent dude's soul Rest In Peace.
Re: Protest Shefiu Salawudeen's Cold Blood Murder In Lviv, Ukraine by JustGood(m): 1:40pm On Feb 02, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

It's a shame Nigerians have to feel this way but all goes down to bad leadership. What could be done? Really? This question keeps recurring. Is it that hard to call for a revlution? Ukraine themeslves have done it, Thailand did it, Greece did it. Why can't we do it?

May this innocent dude's soul Rest In Peace.

You cannot have any form of revolution where the people have the same mindset as the leaders. The governed and the government in Nigeria have the same mentality- the difference is that one set has got to position of power while the other set has not got there.

you need a revolution from the mind before anything. People need to start changing the way they view things. The average Nigerian sees nothing wrong when a looter gives him part of the looted funds. . . how do you expect a revolution with that kind of citizenry?
Re: Protest Shefiu Salawudeen's Cold Blood Murder In Lviv, Ukraine by asha80(m): 1:42pm On Feb 02, 2009
It's a shame Nigerians have to feel this way but all goes down to bad leadership.  What could be done? Really? This question keeps recurring. Is it that hard to call for a revlution? Ukraine themeslves have done it, Thailand did it, Greece did it. Why can't we do it?

Nigerians cannot do revolution because most of us still see things in a myopic way.The only revolution that can be done in this country is if every ethnic group carry out a revolution against its own leaders THEMSELVES AT THE SAME TIME so that there would not be mutual suspicion.I wonder if this scenario can ever occur otherwise we would be faced with post nzeogwu situation and you know that led to.
Re: Protest Shefiu Salawudeen's Cold Blood Murder In Lviv, Ukraine by bindex(m): 1:46pm On Feb 02, 2009
The Nigerian police have killed Nigerian because of 50 naira and no body protested. There are dead bodies on some streets here in Nigeria, no body has ever protested that.Armed robber kill with impunity in broad day light, yet no body has ever protested. Moslems kill Christains in Nigeria because a Danish cartoonist decided to ridicule the prophet of Islam or because of no provocation at all , nobody has ever protested. Christain pastors block major high ways with their crusades, wasting man hours and delaying journeys no body is yet to come out and protest. The government is spending billions buying generators for their parastatals and various departments leaving the poor masses in darkness, no body has ever protested. The government sometimes leave people for months without paying them their monthly wages, nobody has ever ran to the streets and protested.The rate of armed robbery way is too high in the country and nobody is yet to protest. Yet you want Nigerians to protest the death of their fellow wahala brother in Ukraine? Show me a Nigerian killed by a redneck in Ukraine and I will show you one that was killed by the police here in Nigeria because he refused to offer a bribe.
Re: Protest Shefiu Salawudeen's Cold Blood Murder In Lviv, Ukraine by BOSS7: 2:10pm On Feb 02, 2009
bindex:

The Nigerian police have killed Nigerian because of 50 naira and no body protested. There are dead bodies on some streets here in Nigeria, no body has ever protested that.Armed robber kill with impunity in broad day light, yet no body has ever protested. Moslems kill Christains in Nigeria because a Danish cartoonist decided to ridicule the prophet of Islam or because of no provocation at all , nobody has ever protested. Christain pastors block major high ways with their crusades, wasting man hours and delaying journeys no body is yet to come out and protest. The government is spending billions buying generators for their parastatals and various departments leaving the poor masses in darkness, no body has ever protested. The government sometimes leave people for months without paying them their monthly wages, nobody has ever ran to the streets and protested.The rate of armed robbery way too high in the country and nobody is yet to protest. Yet you want nigerians to protect the death of their fellow wahala brother in Ukraine? Show me a Nigerian killed by a redneck in Ukraine and I will show you one that was killed by the police here in Nigeria because he refused to offer a bribe.

You're very correct but I think what the poster is trying to get at is the fact that foreign countries at least listen to people's protests well,sometimes. I think that's the point he's trying to highlight.

Turai Yaradua To Become Vice President. / Yar'adua Speaks - We Have Only One Presidency And Jonathan Is In Charge / Ghaddfi Promises To Aid The Peacefull Separation Of Nigeria!