Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors (5530 Views)

Who Is To Blame For The Piracy Of Half Of A Yellow Sun? / Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? / Most Handsome Nigerian Actors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by ExInferis(m): 11:27am On Aug 27, 2008
vescucci:

Ah! Got caught I see. No point employing my plausible deniability clause since that might be 'misconstrued' as further insult to your intelligence and I do not believe you're simple. Really I do not.

dude, do you have a problem with word economics? whats with the high-falutin bombasts in a forum populated overwhelmingly by simpletons? "plausible deniability" "misconstrued" "gastrointestinal astrometaphysical conundrum" yada yada yada and so forth.

jesus.

you sound like a darn lecture.
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by Sisikill: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2008
Ex Inferis:

dude, do you have a problem with word economics? whats with the high-falutin bombasts in a forum populated overwhelmingly by simpletons? "plausible deniability" "misconstrued" "gastrointestinal astrometaphysical conundrum" yada yada yada and so forth.

jesus.

you sound like a darn lecture.

Now, now don't be too harsh on him. Some of us do enjoy being raped with words from a high-falutin Pseudo intellectual.  angry

@ vescucci

*batting eyelashes*

Do carry on!  kiss
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by ExInferis(m): 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2008
if you say so.

Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by ExInferis(m): 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2008
hmm, me ponder.

Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by Sisikill: 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2008
Rotflmao! That is sooooo freaking cool! How did you do that?

Did I forget to mention that not only do some of us enjoy being raped with word by a pseudo intellectual, who also enjoy witty graphics? I did? Imagine that! Well now you know, so what say we get this party started? wink
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by Sisikill: 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2008
You are a Kaduna boy?? shocked

No wonder!!! Tee hee hee
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by ExInferis(m): 3:03pm On Aug 27, 2008
Vesc isnt "pseudo" intellectual, he is quasi-intelligent, semi-intelligent, virtually smart, almost goodlooking, sort of brialliant grin

Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by Sisikill: 3:14pm On Aug 27, 2008
Lmao @ Sort of brilliant. That's like saying. . .  With the right light at the right time of day, when the shadows are perfectly cast and you look at her quickly with your right eye one quarter closed and you left eye half open, she is a pretty girl.  grin

Seriously, you are killing me here with all these graphics. Teach me now!

And hell yeah, Kaduna rules.  cheesy

Do you think we're gonna get banned for offtopic? If we do, what say we continue the party at the suya joint on Malali Rd. Tell me it's still there or I will cry my eyes out
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by ExInferis(m): 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2008
here is another.

Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by ExInferis(m): 3:27pm On Aug 27, 2008
im downloading Tropic Thunder right now. once done im cocooning myself indoors to bask in the ludicrousness of Robert Downey JR playing a blackdude complete with Ebonics.

heaven.

PS: seun, do you think you could, like, unshackle my Neoteny persona? this "ex inferis" is killing me. i wanna be Neoteny bwaaaaaaah! cry
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by Sisikill: 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2008
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!  cry  That is sooooo very wrong!

Okay I actually don't know what I am upset about. . . the demolished joint or you showing off. I bet you were one of those kids who will take their time opening the packet of Okin biscuit, humming under there breath just because they know the other kids are watching with drooling mouth.

SO YOU WON'T SHARE. . .  NOT EVEN WITH A FELLOW KADUNA CHILD?

Where do you get your downloads from?
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by KarmaMod(f): 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2008
Just dont spoil that movie here o. Im seeing it on the weekend. cheesy
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by ExInferis(m): 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2008
KarmaMod:

Just don't spoil that movie here o. I'm seeing it on the weekend.  cheesy

whats there to spoil in a movie full of goofballs playing other goofballs? its jack black and ben stiller for gawdssakes!

@sisikill

image generators. google it. dead easy.

we aint supposed to link but work this out:

THE

PIRATE of the caribbean

BAY of pigs

dotcom
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by KarmaMod(f): 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2008
actually there are 2 special guest stars that only people who have sene the movie know about.
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by Sisikill: 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2008
I am sooo sorry! I swear I thought everyone knew. . . .

Mah bad!! embarassed cry
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by KarmaMod(f): 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2008
Good Job ruining it, Sisi angry
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by Sisikill: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2008
Oh no! Did. . . did I just ruin it?  embarassed

I thought everyone knew. . .
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by ExInferis(m): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2008
KarmaMod:

actually there are 2 special guest stars that only people who have sene the movie know about.

of course there are other actors, just pointing out the ones sticking out like sore thumbs.
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by Sisikill: 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2008
Rotflmao! Who woulda thunk it would be a secret?

We all saw pix of him/her shooting the movie.

Sorry, I really am. cheesy
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by KarmaMod(f): 3:42pm On Aug 27, 2008
I never saw his pic on any of the posters nor was he in the trailer
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by Sisikill: 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2008
Oh my God! Now I feel worse! So very sorry!

Honestly, I did not know that was supposed to be a twist in the movie.

Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by KarmaMod(f): 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2008
Forgiven tongue
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by OpeLovely(f): 11:16am On Aug 28, 2008
I can see some love vibes going on! Hmmm, wink cheesy
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by vescucci(m): 1:51pm On Aug 28, 2008
Ex, so na here you hide. What's going on? So I see we're all KD folks eh. Maybe we should start a KD zone but it'd be sure to get infested with numbskulls. Ex wasn't yabbing me, he was employing the same tactics to 'yab' me. He's just got an over developed sense of humor. I might be wrong though; some planets might not be properly alligned for today to be my 'smart' day.

And, Ex, all these Sisikill loves Vesc antics (Me I no mind o) can get 'misconstrued' (forgive me, but I seem not to be done with that joke). It might even appear like I paid you to instigate it. I know, I know, that's far out, but some people believe the Templars' got something to do with everything (Me inclusive).

@Sisikill, I bet you'd bat your eyelashes less now, because the wrong people seem to be taking notice.

And what's thepiratebay.com about? I'm guessing it must be torrent site. Why am I even asking? Checking it out now,

Not to be insensitive or anything, I do not know why Sisikill is apologising. It seems to me you're doing somebody a favour. If Ex's take is anything to go by.

Join the NGO to get the Neoteny persona re-instated. Peaceful rally 4pm, starting from Stadium Roundabout, bring clubs, just in case
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by OpeLovely(f): 2:44pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ Vescucci,

Will you stop being 'misconstrued'? wink
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by ExInferis(m): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2008
@vesc

there are very few nincompoops in kaduna (um, looking up nincompoop in Webster's).

piratebay is where i get my daily dose, but must of my movies come from UseNext.

wha-who with all the "miconstrued" wahala?
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by Sisikill: 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2008
Ay yi yi! All this miscontrue, miscontruing, miscontruitioning. . . English is not by force oh! I say we switch to our native language to avoid the pitfalls of miscontruetinism.

@ Vescucci
There are far more worse people to be linked than a pseudo intellectual word rapist. So trust me, the eyelashes haven's stop batting.

Clubs eh? Hmm, I don't know about that, I've done away with clubs for 7 years now. I find them a little. . . err. . . to babaric for my liking. I use base ball bats or Hockey sticks. Will that do? Oh I'm so excited, I can't contain myself. My last clubbing activity was done on Constitution Rd. What a lovely, lovely time that was. I can still smell the sweat mixed with blood. [I]*Dreamy Sigh*[/I]

As for the apology. . . I kind of sorta ruined Tropic Thunder. Gave away something I shouldn't have. . . Darn my big mouth. cheesy

@ Ex Inferis
Of course there are no nincompoops (I don't hafta check the dictionary. Ha!) in Kaduna. . . Duh! Where do you think we are. . . Lag lipsrsealed

By the way, thanks for the. . . you know links. Breaking the rules makes me happy. cheesy

@ OpeLovely
Love vibes you say? Ha ah! About time you admitted the oh la la, hubba hubba lovey dovey thingy you've got going with Vesc. Schweeeeeeet. wink
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by ExInferis(m): 10:59pm On Aug 28, 2008
@sisikill

lag, ugh, NO! what's "lag" anyway?sounds like a dump

since you are a fellow northerner, do you speak any hausa?
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by OpeLovely(f): 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2008
@ sisikill,

Hmmm, i saw SISIKILL LOVES VESC everywhere and you actually want to tell me you don't have any mushy love thing going on btw u both.
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by vescucci(m): 10:51am On Aug 30, 2008
This is getting extremely interesting. First I got eyelashes batting, now I get two chics pushing me back and forth (I'd prefer pulling me back and forth but oh well, ) and I'm wondering, is this paradiseland?

@Sisikill, I'm gonna save the picture on your profile and reverse the negative, see if it reveals anything. I wanna see if I can imagine you wielding a baseball bat and screaming your lungs out along Constitution rd. By the way, while I was in secondary school we favoured the golf club as the weapon of choice. We used to do drive-bys with the whole works, bandanna masks, dark shades et al, minus the Uzis of course. It makes a distinctly pleasurable sound as it finds its target in the form of a notorious teacher going home on foot (shoulda bought a car Mr. Vincent).

@Opelovely, I'll put miscontrusions to rest, how's that for something to look up in Webster?

@Ex, if you care, I speak some hausa and I find it the easiest to learn and easiest on the ears unlike the concentrated version of my mother tongue.

Uh, what was this thread about?
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by ExInferis(m): 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2008
@vesc

you just concentrate on keeping the "vibes" going because you don't sound like the kind of dope who'D let a good thing slip by, if yer know what i mean. kada ka bari sisikill ta gudu fa!

your pushing/pulling banter reminds me of a conversation i had in University with a female classmate pal of mine. we were on phone after a few day's radio silence, and her opener was:

" well well, look what the cat dragged in".

and i went:" its the pussy that dragged me IN".

she was:" oh, did it drag you hard?"

and i was, like:" hard and stiff"

sometimes when i think back, i let loose a careless smile. its subtlety like that that cracks me up, exactly what we lack in the so-called cartoons in our newpapers: no wit.

i dig peanuts, blondie, dilbert (my fave).

got round to watching Tropic thunder, don't know if its the bleeding sore throat i got but really the jokes were lost on me. RDJ is the backbone and he did a fine job as a black dude but ben stiller and jack black were flat as per jokes. very much in character.

there, i spoilt it.

ps: screw the topic of the thread.
Re: Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors by ExInferis(m): 1:21am On Sep 01, 2008
i did tell you lot most movies gone south are the fault of the studio execs. well i guess its no news to u all babylon AD bombed horribly.

guess who the director blames?

"Masters of Scifi - Babylon A.D. Director Mathieu Kassovitz Describes a Disastrous Production

Mathieu Kassovitz is pissed off. The French auteur, who first made waves in 1995 with La Haine, is supposed to be celebrating the passion project he's been nursing for the past five years. Instead -- the week before Babylon A.D. hits theaters -- he is nursing a grudge. "I'm very unhappy with the film," he says. "I never had a chance to do one scene the way it was written or the way I wanted it to be. The script wasn't respected. Bad producers, bad partners, it was a terrible experience."

The film, starring Vin Diesel, is an adaptation of the French novel Babylon Babies by Maurice Georges Dantec. It tells the story of a mercenary (Diesel) in the year 2019 who is hired to transport a woman and her guardian from Eastern Europe to New York. "The scope of the original book was quite amazing," says Kassovitz. "The author was very much into geopolitics and how the world is going to evolve. He saw that as wars evolve, it won't be just about territories any more, but money-driven politics. As a director it's something that's very attractive to do."

Diesel emphasizes the movie's theme of smuggling people across national borders. "This whole thing that's happening in Georgia right now is so fresh that no one has even asked about it yet," he says. "We're coming into an age where borders are closing, and I think that our society will be numb to it because of our freedom in the virtual world, our freedom in the Internet."

But according to Kassovitz, Babylon A.D. fails to deliver any of these messages. "It's pure violence and stupidity," he admits. "The movie is supposed to teach us that the education of our children will mean the future of our planet. All the action scenes had a goal: They were supposed to be driven by either a metaphysical point of view or experience for the characters,  instead parts of the movie are like a bad episode of 24."

So how did a premise steeped in real-world relevance fall so far off track?

The film's production was reportedly riddled with problems, from vast delays to budgetary concerns to weather setbacks. Kassovitz points to the studio, "Fox was sending lawyers who were only looking at all the commas and the dots," he says. "They made everything difficult from A to Z." The last stroke, Kassovitz says, was when Fox interfered with the editing of the film, paring it down to a confusing 93 minutes (original reports were that 70 minutes were cut from the film; Kassovitz says the number is closer to 15).  Diesel too was astounded at the film's length. Having just completed production of the fourth installment of The Fast and the Furious, he had not seen a cut of the film in six months. "Am I even in the movie any more, or am I on the cutting room floor?" the actor joked. Fox could not be reached for comment on this story.

To be fair, Kassovitz doesn't entirely hate the film. "I like the energy of it and I got some scenes I'm happy with," he says. "But I know what I had -- I had something much better in my hands but I just wasn't allowed to work." That the movie follows on the heels of such strong summer scifi options, will also prove challenging. "Babylon will probably have a good first weekend, but the second weekend we're going to lose 30%," says Kassovitz. "I don't see how people who went through all these amazing blockbusters like The Dark Knight and Iron Man this summer will take it."

Diesel says that a director is always in the difficult position of being held accountable for a film's success or failure. "It's hard," he says. "Filmmaking is such a collaborative effort you can't look to one person." Where does Kassovitz look? "I should have chosen a studio that has guts," he says. "Fox was just trying to get a PG-13 movie. I'm ready to go to war against them, but I can't because they don't give a s--t."

http://blogs.amctv.com/scifi-scanner/2008/08/babylon-ad-mathieu-kassovitz.php

so thre u have it:

pg 13

budget concerns

studio meddling with the script and editing

the main thrusts of my earlier argument

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Best Rated Movies 2020 You Will Love To Watch / Top 3 Movies You Have To Watch With Your Girlfriend / Terrarium TV: Watch Movies & TV Shows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.