Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,574 members, 7,955,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:24 PM

Nigerian Nurses Beware? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Nurses Beware? (30502 Views)

What A Big Snake Killed In Nurses' Hostel In Neuropsychiatric Hospital. Aro / Is It True That Female Nurses Are Loose? / National Association Of Nurses And Midwifery Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by Queenisha: 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2008
onyinye2:

Personally i just feel the medical field is a dog eat dog world. It is only for those who can handle the life. Those who can not handle, are easy to spot. So all these people are mentioning, went into the profession for obviously the wrong reasons. My own people, my family members worked almost 40 hours a week. I didn't hear any complaint from them. Because they knew what they were getting into. They went in there with the right mentality. Those who just go for the money, are the ones who find it the hardest.

No job is easy.
I know you want to to be a physician,it's hard work no doubt
But you can make it what you want it to be after all the traning and fellowships
You can be a health department employee,low stress,little traffic,no calls,no weekends  and less pay or be a high risk pediatric anesthesiologist and make all the money with all the risks and time involved.
Someone has to do it,no doubt but it's still a choice.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by Queenisha: 5:29pm On Aug 18, 2008
omoge:

stress bad o. stress bad no be small.

working less is good. 40hours work for both making is 80 could bring in money and happiness.

people want to have lots of money so that their people back home praise them.

Most of them don't even have it.
They spend it all on their lifestyle.
They want to wear the latest,move to the happening neighborhood,ride the latest,you forgot about building a mansion in Umudioka
The load on the shoulders of these nurse wives is unbelievable.
Most live from pay check to paycheck with no savings or retirement to fall back on
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by onyinye2(f): 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2008
Queenisha:

No job is easy.
I know you want to to be a physician,it's hard work no doubt
But you can make it what you want it to be after all the traning and fellowships
You can be a health department employee,low stress,little traffic,no calls,no weekends  and less pay or be a high risk pediatric anesthesiologist and make all the money with all the risks and time involved.
Someone has to do it,no doubt but it's still a choice.
And i know what im getting into. I have wanted to be one since i was four years old. In fact my family calls me Doc, as a nickname. All i ever dreamed and wanted was to be wearing those scrubs, walking in the hospital hall way, seeing the people i have help, seeing the lives i have changed. To me the money is important, but the people will always come first. I get more satisfication from seeing a sick person well enough to go home, then a pay check. So i choose the life of sacrifices, hard ship, compromise, the whole enchilada. Because i know what it takes, and i can take it.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by Queenisha: 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2008
onyinye2:

And i know what im getting into. I have wanted to be one since i was four years old. In fact my family calls me Doc, as a nickname. All i ever dreamed and wanted was to be wearing those scrubs, walking in the hospital hall way, seeing the people i have help, seeing the lives i have changed. To me the money is important, but the people will always come first. I get more satisfication from seeing a sick person well enough to go home, then a pay check. So i choose the life of sacrifices, hard ship, compromise, the whole enchilada. Because i know what it takes, and i can take it.

Good for you.
I always wanted to be a pediatrician from the age of 4
Surgery was my dream later as an adult but after marriage and family,I had a rethink.
Life is a choice and I'm happy with mine
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by onyinye2(f): 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2008
Queenisha:

Good for you.
I always wanted to be a pediatrician from the age of 4
Surgery was my dream later as an adult but after marriage and family,I had a rethink.
Life is a choice and I'm happy with mine
So you sacrificed your dream after marriage? In a marriage im willing to make sacrifices, but this one, is like me choosing happiness over a life of always wondering what if.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by Queenisha: 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2008
not sacrificed.
I take it like i traded my dreams for another.
something always has to give way especially where kids are concerned.
at least that's my philosophy.
I'm blessed to have a man who earns a good living and works the long hard hours so I don't have to
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by KarmaMod(f): 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2008
The quote above is very true. Nigerian women who are nurses in the US can be very abusive to their husbands

Cos I assume you are snooping in the homes of every nurse in The States. Abeg save story. Just like guys to make up lame excuses for acting like barbarians. I refuse to believe all the women on that list were "rude to their husband". If your wife doesnt respect you, do something about it or get a bloody divorce. Dont go around murdering the mother of your children because of EGO.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by Queenisha: 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2008
If every woman murdered her husband for disrespect,there'll be many widows too.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by omoge(f): 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2008
some nig men don't know how to control their anger. their wife dey vex (due to stress) and the men rage on.
there is one i know he is lpn, they came visiting my sister and out of no where he started complaining abt his wife who was also there. once he beat her right in front of us. i was on hols and sat glue to tv. the next thing i heard was one large slap. my sis was sooooo mad and asked him to leave her house. he came by later to apologize. i told my sis that was really rude. . . beating her in our presence, i asked her why don't she or the lady call 911?
my aunt was like it's left for the woman to do herself o.
they are seperated now, i fear nig man rage o
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by ifyalways(f): 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2008
@Topic,na wao
did all these men become jerks overnight or they had these traits in them ever before their marriages?
@Queenisha,i was in a nursing school in nigeria,its not just the guys that rush madly to marry these young fair nurses,some student nurses back home too do have the mentality that they just have to finish school and head straight oversees to make money,they don't date guys living in nigeria,all they need is a guy from UK or the states
The result of such mariages is a situation where two strangers are living togeda,each with a different view and goal for the marriage.The guy is seeking for financial rescue,the babe is looking for her own dough,now whos going to stoop for who esp when one party tries to outsmart the other?
The first lady in the story sha undecided i wonder what marriages these days are all about.where they having problems before the dads burial or the problem arose just after the dads death?i can't imagine going for my OWN dads burial and my hubby is not there.its simply outrageous. shocked Maybe,she felt that shes got all the money hence she can just fly home and bury her dad as she wants afterall who plays the pipe dictates the tune undecided still maybe,am wrong undecided
Sadly,its still very few Nigeria men that can deal with their wives making more money then them.Women shouldnt be in haste to forget that.
bottomline:
Nigeria nurses shouldnt just rush into marriages all in the bid to get oversees to make money.They are only making themselves an easy prey to the jerks and losers out there.
Whatever be the case,personally speaking now,women should sometimes stoop to conquer.Yeah,you make the whole money but please show a little respect.There are lots of ways to deal with men and their ego without appearing too bossy or totally stupid.
Lastly,for all the sisters that lost their lives to the jerks out there,RIP.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by KarmaMod(f): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2008
ifyalways:

The first lady in the story sha undecided i wonder what marriages these days are all about.where they having problems before the dads burial or the problem arose just after the dads death?i can't imagine going for my OWN dads burial and my hubby is not there.its simply outrageous. :

First off it was the wife's father's burial and the husband had problems with her spending money on the funeral. How does that make any sense? Was she not supposed to do anything for bthe burial. It's possible she was the first born which is why she was left to spend the money for it. when my grandfather died, the monetary responsibilities for his funeral was placed completely on my mom's shoulders. Being the first born she had to pay and cater for everything. It's not like she married a non-Nigerian who doesnt understand the customs. Obviously pained him that she had the money to spend for it while he didnt.

Bunch of bitter egotistical monsters.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by dudubobo1: 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2008
ifyalways:

@Topic,na wao
did all these men become jerks overnight or they had these traits in them ever before their marriages?
[b]Sadly,its still very few Nigeria men that can deal with their wives making more money then them.[/b]Women shouldnt be in haste to forget that.
bottomline:
Nigeria nurses shouldnt just rush into marriages all in the bid to get oversees to make money.They are only making themselves an easy prey to the jerks and losers out there.
Whatever be the case,personally speaking now,women should sometimes stoop to conquer.Yeah,you make the whole money but please show a little respect.There are lots of ways to deal with men and their ego without appearing too bossy or totally stupid.
Lastly,for all the sisters that lost their lives to the jerks out there,RIP.

As much as your post made a lot of sense, I have to disagree with you on the Nigerian men point. There are very few men ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD who can handle or deal with their wives being the bread winners in the home. I think I may be one of them  cool
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by onyinye2(f): 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2008
dudu-bobo:

As much as your post made a lot of sense, I have to disagree with you on the Nigerian men point. There are very few men ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD who can handle or deal with their wives being the bread winners in the home. I think I may be one of them  cool
Why? Why can't you be happy for your wife?
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by dudubobo1: 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2008
I'll be happy for my wife. I just dont know how I will feel knowing that she is the major contributor to the financial aspects of the family life. i'm a traditional naija man grin
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by dudubobo1: 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2008
KarmaMod:

First off it was the wife's father's burial and the husband had problems with her spending money on the funeral. How does that make any sense? Was she not supposed to do anything for bthe burial. It's possible she was the first born which is why she was left to spend the money for it. when my grandfather died, the monetary responsibilities for his funeral was placed completely on my mom's shoulders. Being the first born she had to pay and cater for everything. It's not like she married a non-Nigerian who doesnt understand the customs. Obviously pained him that she had the money to spend for it while he didnt.

Hopefully your Brazilian will stay with you till death do you part
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by onyinye2(f): 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2008
dudu-bobo:

I'll be happy for my wife. I just don't know how I will feel knowing that she is the major contributor to the financial aspects of the family life. i'm a traditional naija man grin
Why can't you be secure enough in your masculanity, that you don't have to feel inferior to your wife.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by KarmaMod(f): 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2008
At least I'll die a natural death and not be hacked to pieces.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by dudubobo1: 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2008
onyinye2:

Why can't you be secure enough in your masculanity, that you don't have to feel inferior to your wife.

What masculinity is there if your wife is the one providing for the family? i'm not sure how I would take it but I dont know if I'll be able to handle it properly. . . time will tell
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by dudubobo1: 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2008
KarmaMod:

At least I'll die a natural death and not be hacked to pieces.

do depression or HBP count as natural deaths?
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by onyinye2(f): 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2008
dudu-bobo:

What masculinity is there if your wife is the one providing for the family? i'm not sure how I would take it but I don't know if I'll be able to handle it properly. . . time will tell
It goes to show that a man's ego is weak and fraud. A man only feels a man when he is a provider? That is just a man with a boy's mentality.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by ifyalways(f): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2008
KarmaMod:

i know perfectly well that it was the ladys dad burial.My question still remains untouched?who knows for sure when this problem started?was it b4 the mans death or just after the mans death?was there some unresolved monetary issues on ground b4 the death or undecided
shes an igbo lady according to the story.Women from that part of the world play very little role during burials.Even if she was the first child,shes not under any obligation to spend so much.Her brothers and dads family can deal with the bulk expenses.It boils down to what i said,some ppl just get this money throw away decordum and reason and talk money like its the ONLY language known.abeg,each man to his own.
dudu-bobo:

As much as your post made a lot of sense, I have to disagree with you on the Nigerian men point. There are very few men ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD who can handle or deal with their wives being the bread winners in the home. I think I may be one of them cool
lol
Ok guy.correction noted.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by dudubobo1: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2008
onyinye2:

It goes to show that a man's ego is weak and fraud. A man only feels a man when he is a provider? That is just a man with a boy's mentality.

I thought it might be a good thing for a man to want to be the provider for his family. Okay, please marry me and provide everything while I sit around reading and watching TV all day
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by nwauwa(m): 4:05pm On Aug 20, 2008
Tester
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by onyinye2(f): 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2008
dudu-bobo:

I thought it might be a good thing for a man to want to be the provider for his family. Okay, please marry me and provide everything while I sit around reading and watching TV all day
What im saying is, you and your wife work. But it just so happens your wife is making a bigger income than you are. Why feel inferior? You are both contributing to the household. Why should it bother or make you feel less than a man?
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by KarmaMod(f): 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2008
nwa-uwa:

simple and very well put.Respect is gradually dying ! ! !

more like Naija women are dying. If she doesnt respect your broke ass, GET A DIVORCE. Stop KILLING Naija women. Eyin apayan jati jati.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by nwauwa(m): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2008
KarmaMod:

more like Naija women are dying. If she doesnt respect your broke ass, GET A DIVORCE. Stop KILLING Naija women. Eyin apayan jati jati.
bye bye
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by dudubobo1: 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2008
nwa-uwa:

i wont even try arguing with you at all.Its pure waste of time and space.Try to get a husband first,then we can converse.Like you did not know he was a broke ass before you jumped into matrimony with him.agadi ekwe nka dika gi grin

he he he
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by dudubobo1: 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2008
onyinye2:

What im saying is, you and your wife work. But it just so happens your wife is making a bigger income than you are. Why feel inferior? You are both contributing to the household. Why should it bother or make you feel less than a man?

One day, she may remind you she's the bread winner and you'll curse the ground you are standing upon.
I know it's very easy for you to rationalise intellectually but in reality, it becomes different for those actually involved. Just the same way you see love in movies and it seems so easy but even those who give you the movies cant make the love work in their lives
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by Queenisha: 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2008
nwa-uwa:

i wont even try arguing with you at all.Its pure waste of time and space.Try to get a husband first,then we can converse.Like you did not know he was a broke ass before you jumped into matrimony with him.agadi ekwe nka dika gi grin

stop it o
who tells you she's agadi ?
kwusi kwa that nonsense
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by onyinye2(f): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2008
nwa-uwa:

simple and very well put.Respect is gradually dying ! ! !
*rolls eyes*
So sad how male ego is fake and weak.
dudu-bobo:

One day, she may remind you she's the bread winner and you'll curse the ground you are standing upon.
I know it's very easy for you to rationalise intellectually but in reality, it becomes different for those actually involved. Just the same way you see love in movies and it seems so easy but even those who give you the movies can't make the love work in their lives
So how do you think women feel when day in and day out, we are constantly reminded "im head of the household" "im the bread winner" "im in charge"?
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by Queenisha: 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2008
dudu-bobo:

I know it's very easy for you to rationalise intellectually but in reality, it becomes different for those actually involved. Just the same way you see love in movies and it seems so easy but even those who give you the movies can't make the love work in their lives

Gbam!
it's not a good combination when the woman makes more.
ho ha
he should go out there and "hussle"
Isn't he the head of he family again?
unless he's willing to trade his position.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by ifyalways(f): 4:23pm On Aug 20, 2008
Has it turned to name -calling? shocked shocked shocked
ooh choochi.next,it would be stabbing cheesy cheesy cheesy this is just how it starts sad sad sad
Something that can be easily dealt with in maturity turns to name calling,una try.
nwa-uwa:

rotflmao
una wicked sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fisherman Catches Crab With Osama Bin Laden's Face / Communication Mast Falls In Jalingo, Kills 7 People After Heavy Storm (Photo) / 18-Seater Bus Involved In Accident On Bida-Minna Road, People Dead (Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.