Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Nigerian Nurses Beware? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Nurses Beware? (30102 Views)

What A Big Snake Killed In Nurses' Hostel In Neuropsychiatric Hospital. Aro / Is It True That Female Nurses Are Loose? / National Association Of Nurses And Midwifery Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by rampant(f): 6:21pm On Aug 20, 2008
Queenisha:

LOL @ karmamod.
no they want a a woman who is fire everywhere else  and yet they want you to be a mouse at home.
That's actually the gospel truth
It's hard to switch personalities like that.
I no be ogbanje
I'm just me
and I promise you,ain't no one hacking me to no pieces wink

dis one caught my eyes osisi,dis is so trueeee
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by agaba123(m): 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2008
I am also a prophet
I can tell you
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by rampant(f): 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2008
agaba123:

I am also a prophet
I can tell you

oya tell me grin
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by Pataki: 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2008
rampant:

abeg prophesy which pikin i will offload next grin
Hellboy II
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by agaba123(m): 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2008
rampant:

oya tell me grin
You are going to born twin.
karmamod and nwa-uwa

Both of them will be nurses
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by rampant(f): 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2008
Pataki:

Hellboy II

May heavens forbid bad thing

@agaba

onye ara grin grin
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by Pataki: 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2008
rampant:

Wetin?

Not that I said, aturu nwuru. undecided

Or that I mentioned anumanu or anunnama

Boy na boy oh. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by agaba123(m): 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2008
rampant:

@agaba

onye ara grin grin
A prophet is never accepted in his own country grin wink grin
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by KarmaMod(f): 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2008
*waka* @ agbaya

jenny, you're having twin girls. tongue
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by rampant(f): 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2008
Pataki:

Wetin?

Not that I said, aturu nwuru. undecided

Or that I mentioned anumanu or anunnama

Boy na boy oh. cheesy

e better make u mention ,i'ke okuko or i'ke aturu to hellboy cheesy grin grin  take ya time oooo uncle pataki,na which dey God assign u  prophet

@agaba

keep quiet joooooo,your mate dey prophesy correct u dey prohesy another thing grin grin

@karma

naaaa,make it one girl one boy grin   lmao @agbaya grin
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by KarmaMod(f): 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2008
as you can see, boys are too much trouble jo. let the girl have a sister tongue
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by agaba123(m): 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2008
TOH na me you de call agbaya?

I will not come to your rescue next time.

Meanwhile my prophecy for rampant still stands

Nurses make una go marry US husbands
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by KarmaMod(f): 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2008
when did you come to the rescue?

shey ton fi feyin goro bi mala si nwa-uwa ni o fi wa 'rescue" mi or was when this?
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by rampant(f): 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2008
agaba123:

TOH na me you de call agbaya?

I will not come to your rescue next time.

Meanwhile my profess for rampant still stands

Nurses make una go marry US husbands

i no want ya prophesy
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by agaba123(m): 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2008
do not worry she will come back to nairaland. May be she is taking a break
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by MandingoII(m): 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2008
What these trifling, low-down, demented and obsessively controlling men DON'T understand is that, Nursing is a VERY HARD FIELD.

These women are constantly in the face of dying people with no hope of a rebound or unruly people with incessant demands. This field is for a TROOPER. American sick people are elitist aZZholes!!!!

These women leave work and Their MAN puts more 'STRESS' upon them because they bring home the LIONSHARE of the family income. These men WELD CONTROL AND ABUSE upon the nursing professional because they feel emasculated because their wife is out-incoming them.

These women can't win for losing.

What these men should be doing is "accept" the fact that their VERY SALVATION hinges upon these women and in so doing - comforts her to the best of their ability.

(this is what the ethiopian men are doing, btw).

Instead - Nigerian men are stuck in the past with old out dated traditions and attitudes toward marriage.

Now they will languish in jail and face deportation.

These losers can't control their own lives and instead want to control others.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by KarmaMod(f): 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2008
Thanks for telling like it is, Mandingo.

I just ont understand why these men stay married if they cant handle the fact that their wives make that much dough.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by DeepZone: 5:41am On Aug 22, 2008
Come to think of it, how much are nurses making in America? The issue of nurses here could be coincidental because there are other murder cases in America involving Nigerian couples that didn't make the headlines . To be frank, nurses can be secretive and we women have a way with money. a man can pay our bills for 20 yrs and keep quiet but the moment we start paying the bills, we act like bullocks. It does not pay to subdue and abuse someone especially at the low moment of their lives and that is what I think most of these female nurses do. If men have an ego problem, why irk that ego? If women have esteem issues, why deflate it as a husband?.

I work normal hours and make about one and half of a nurse's salary, yet, whenever you meet a Nigerian woman that is a nurse, her mouth will always be open, boasting about her financial accomplishments as if her husband earns counterfeit money. A lady Nigerian nurse I know came to America through her husband, went to school on his account, worked for 3 years after graduating and started pushing her husband around, reason? He lost his license to practice pharmacy and the lady is now the bread winner. She frustrated that man for almost two years before he decided to move to Nigeria, abandon his 4 kids to start afresh. Now tell me, how many men that can contain that? Every wonder why this thing only happen in the US? Why is it rare among Nigerians in the UK, Asia etc? Why is it also rare in Nigeria or are there not women that earn more than their husbands in Nigeria?

The truth is that these women have an over inflated ego because of a damn nursing degree, talk like they are lords and forget that one of the consequences could be murder. Remember another man somewhere in America that chopped off his wife's 2 hands and reportedly said "let me see the hands you'll use to work that nurse".
The sad part of these wife nurses is as soon as they separate from their husbands and face the bills alone, they soon realize that they are not actually rich rather, they have little money to get by.

Murder is off the hook, but instead of shouting Oluwa, let's look at the causative factors. I'm an independent woman and I earn a good living but as soon as am with a man that is dedicated to me and respect what we have, i'm obliged to return that favor unconditionally and not only when his wallet is fat.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by chiogo(f): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2008
@Deepzone,

You're getting it wrong, in a way. Do you stay in the States? I'm guessing you don't. You asked why we don't hear of such cases in Europe, Asia, or in Africa, that's because nurses aren't in high demand in those places.

Ofcourse, everyone deserves health care but take for example, Nigeria - Nurses are paid change and are regarded as
"petty" by their doctor co-workers. But here in the states, it's not like that, nurses play a very big role at their working place(hospital, rest home, nursing home, etc) because health care is very important to Americans. The population of America also has a huge influence on why nurses are so much sought after.

They work hand in hand with doctors and not like it is in Nigeria where they get ordered around by doctors just because they earn higher incomes. some nurses have just as much qualification as some doctors.

My mom was a nurse in Nigeria but she delivers babies also - she studied mid-wifery. According to her, at one hospital she used to work in Nigeria, the doctor didn't know how to deliver babies but they're rated higher because they're doctors. My mom usually got calls in the middle of the night to help with delivery because the doctors were clueless on where to begin.

Now, why is it right for a man to have an ego but not a woman? These nurses have every reason to be confident(not cocky). Last time i checked, men like to be the head of the house, which means taking responsibility for the majority of the house problems(food, home mortgage, phone bill, electricity bill, water bill, etc). Why then would they expect a lady to pay all of these bills and then come home every night to prepare dinner? He must be living in dreamland!

You might be paid more than nurses as you stated, good for you! Truth remains that nurses work a hell of long hours, why? because they're the main source of income in their homes. If their husbands could provide, why would any woman like to bother herself? As for me, if my husband makes a bagload of money, damn right i wouldn't stress myself much, even being a doctor(not nurse oh), i can definitely cut down the hours i work, less than 40 hours a week because there'D be no need for that. My hubby can provide.

Ok, let's accept that these women felt like 'lords' over their husbands, is that enough reason to murder someone you got married to, for better for worse?? Man, i thought that's why they got divorce as an option. If you can't stand the heat, get the hell out the kitchen! Na by force??. Please, stop making excuses for these murderers. One of them even committed the act right in front of their daughter. who does that?? a lunatic! Thinking that you saw your mother butchered right in front of you by your father, do you expect that child to feel safe with you?? Hell no!! well, enough said.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by DeepZone: 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2008
@Deepzone,

You're getting it wrong, in a way. Do you stay in the States? I'm guessing you don't. You asked why we don't hear of such cases in Europe, Asia, or in Africa, that's because nurses aren't in high demand in those places.
Ofcourse, everyone deserves health care but take for example, Nigeria - Nurses are paid change and are regarded as
"petty" by their doctor co-workers. But here in the states, it's not like that, nurses play a very big role at their working place(hospital, rest home, nursing home, etc) because health care is very important to Americans. The population of America also has a huge influence on why nurses are so much sought after.
You must be delusional to reason such. What? are you a media LovePeddler? who told you that nurses are not in high demand elsewhere apart from the US? Even in Nigeria, a qualified nurse gets a decent job that pays good. The EU nations an south Africa pay their nurses good too. Most rich Arabian countries are the best in paying nurses. Do not compare an auxilliary nurses salary in Nigeria with a qualified American nurse. An auxiliary Nigerian nurse is equivalent to a CNA in America. If you add the cost of living and everything, both boils down to almost the same thing with a little difference.

They work hand in hand with doctors and not like it is in Nigeria where they get ordered around by doctors just because they earn higher incomes. some nurses have just as much qualification as some doctors.

Bull!! Doctors order nurses around in America. Have you worked in a hospital before? Of course, there is a considerable amount of decency that is also applied to a janitor, a landscaper etc. There is dignity in labour in America, so it's not limited to nurses.

My mom was a nurse in Nigeria but she delivers babies also - she studied mid-wifery. According to her, at one hospital she used to work in Nigeria, the doctor didn't know how to deliver babies but they're rated higher because they're doctors. My mom usually got calls in the middle of the night to help with delivery because the doctors were clueless on where to begin.

You mother was/is a midwife which translates to an LVN in America besides, the doctor delivering baby story is totally false. My illiterate grandmother use to deliver babies in her home, how much less a doctor. Did she also perform caesarian on them if there were complications? How come a doctor that can perform such procedure is not able to deliver a baby?

Now, why is it right for a man to have an ego but not a woman?
It's how God made them, I guess.

These nurses have every reason to be confident(not cocky). Last time i checked, men like to be the head of the house, which means taking responsibility for the majority of the house problems(food, home mortgage, phone bill, electricity bill, water bill, etc). Why then would they expect a lady to pay all of these bills and then come home every night to prepare dinner? He must be living in dreamland!

It depends on how you hold your head high and how you are able to manage this confidence you are talking about. White American nurses do not always have these problems at home, why? are they not also confident? there is a difference between being confident and being pompous. Pomposity derides people around you and makes you a beast. I think we have to agree that our Nigerian women have proven that money makes them and not them that make the money. What is the big deal about preparing dinner for your own household? Is that not supposed to be fun? My mum use to get mad if she comes home and find out that dad fed us with whatever he can garner from the fridge. Don't we all wanna stay together as a family at night, eat and pray together? what has money turned you guys into? I hope you know that you can work 500hrs for all I care, but it can never make you fulfilled and rich. show me a Nigerian nurse that made her money from clocking in and out in America and I'll concede. A nurse's avg damn salary in America is 45K/Pa abi? OT can push her up to 80K/PA MAX and IRS will take about 30k/PA living her with 50K take home/PA, is that enough to destroy your family and not look after your kids?.

You might be paid more than nurses as you stated, good for you! Truth remains that nurses work a hell of long hours, why? because they're the main source of income in their homes. If their husbands could provide, why would any woman like to bother herself? As for me, if my husband makes a bag load of money, damn right i wouldn't stress myself much, even being a doctor(not nurse oh), i can definitely cut down the hours i work, less than 40 hours a week because there'D be no need for that. My hubby can provide

Good for them there are other women in other professions in America that are the main provider for their families and they do not deride their partners. I'm totally against these gruesome murder but am a firm believer in equity, it's better to look into the main cause of this problem than lament and curse the men that are responsible. Could our women be the trigger factor? I'm telling you this b/c i've had a first hand experience with these nurses and the first impression they get when they see you is you must be a damn freeloader because you carry a cheap ass bag. How much money do these damn arrogant nurses make that people haven't made before?

Ok, let's accept that these women felt like 'lords' over their husbands, is that enough reason to murder someone you got married to, for better for worse?? Man, i thought that's why they got divorce as an option. If you can't stand the heat, get the hell out the kitchen! Na by force??. Please, stop making excuses for these murderers. One of them even committed the act right in front of their daughter. who does that?? a lunatic! Thinking that you saw your mother butchered right in front of you by your father, do you expect that child to feel safe with you?? Hell no!! well, enough said.

I'm not excusing them for the murders. I'm only look into the causative factors from a different perspective to avoid future occurrences and i think it's more useful that bemoaning a spilled beans. It's a very bad thing to push people to the wall especially when they are down. There was a case of a man in Wyoming that got away with murdering his wife because she not only cheated on him but she followed him when he left the house to allude him on how less a man he is and he turned around and shot her. That's gross mental abuse especially from someone whom you made possible. So many of these nurses not only destroy your lives, they take your kids, and make a jest of you in front of them. Mental sanity is a chameleon, and there is a thin line between sanity and insanity. Do not make a man or a woman drift from sanity to insanity because you are applying undue pressure.

If these men didn't marry village champions that haven't seen money before, they(the women) wouldn't think they have "arrived" with a nurses salary. Two of the cases above tho were not clear case murders, the women lost their lives during a fight and it can happen to anybody.
Do not hit your wife or husband/domestic partner, he/she may give up the ghost and send you to the list above. It's better to walk than to be walked.

Funmi sends her love.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2008
DeepZone:

Come to think of it, how much are nurses making in America? The issue of nurses here could be coincidental because there are other murder cases in America involving Nigerian couples that didn't make the headlines . To be frank, nurses can be secretive and we women have a way with money. a man can pay our bills for 20 years and keep quiet but the moment we start paying the bills, we act like bullocks. It does not pay to subdue and abuse someone especially at the low moment of their lives and that is what I think most of these female nurses do. If men have an ego problem, why irk that ego? If women have esteem issues, why deflate it as a husband?.

I work normal hours and make about one and half of a nurse's salary, yet, whenever you meet a Nigerian woman that is a nurse, her mouth will always be open, boasting about her financial accomplishments as if her husband earns counterfeit money. A lady Nigerian nurse I know came to America through her husband, went to school on his account, worked for 3 years after graduating and started pushing her husband around, reason? He lost his license to practice pharmacy and the lady is now the bread winner. She frustrated that man for almost two years before he decided to move to Nigeria, abandon his 4 kids to start afresh. Now tell me, how many men that can contain that? Every wonder why this thing only happen in the US? Why is it rare among Nigerians in the UK, Asia etc? Why is it also rare in Nigeria or are there not women that earn more than their husbands in Nigeria?

The truth is that these women have an over inflated ego because of a damn nursing degree, talk like they are lords and forget that one of the consequences could be murder. Remember another man somewhere in America that chopped off his wife's 2 hands and reportedly said "let me see the hands you'll use to work that nurse".
The sad part of these wife nurses is as soon as they separate from their husbands and face the bills alone, they soon realize that they are not actually rich rather, they have little money to get by.

Murder is off the hook, but instead of shouting Oluwa, let's look at the causative factors. I'm an independent woman and I earn a good living but as soon as am with a man that is dedicated to me and respect what we have, i'm obliged to return that favor unconditionally and not only when his wallet is fat.

Sometimes, this Deepzone babe makes me believe that there are still some sensible Naija babes out there  smiley.

This post is impressive! Please let other women realize what you've realized. Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:46pm On Aug 22, 2008
chiogo:

You probably don't know the meaning of the word "qualification".

Unless the nurse has an MD and a license to practice medicine in the US (typically obtained after at least three years of residency), the doctor has more relevant qualifications (as far as the health care industry is concerned) than any nurse.

Nurses that have nothing will be making mouth when high net-worth giants like software developers, doctors, engineers and attorneys are keeping quiet.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by chiogo(f): 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2008
@Deepzone, gosh! You need to chill out with the outburst and name-calling. We don't want to go there now, do we??
what's up with the "media LovePeddler" comment?? anyways, that makes no sense!

You must be delusional to reason such. What? are you a media LovePeddler? who told you that nurses are not in high demand elsewhere apart from the US? Even in Nigeria, a qualified nurse gets a decent job that pays good. The EU nations an south Africa pay their nurses good too. Most rich Arabian countries are the best in paying nurses.  Do not compare an auxilliary nurses salary in Nigeria with a qualified American nurse. An auxiliary Nigerian nurse is equivalent to a CNA in America. If you add the cost of living and everything, both boils down to almost the same thing with a little difference
I repeat they're not in high demand!!! Well, i haven't been to europe or asia. So, let me base this on just african countries, how many people got health insurance in Nigeria?? when you get the correct number, get back at me. How many nursing homes are there in Nigeria?? Like i said earlier,Health care is very important in America. That's why most immigrants who move to the states choose nursing. Go to most colleges, they tell you how many people want to get into their nursing program and how there's little space left. It only takes 4 years to become a registered nurse and maybe an additional 2 years to be a nurse practitioner. Compare that to other courses and you'D know why they choose nursing.

Bull!! Doctors order nurses around in America. Have you worked in a hospital before? Of course, there is a considerable amount of decency that is also applied to a janitor, a landscaper etc. There is dignity in labour in America, so it's not limited to nurses.
I haven't worked in a hospital before but like i said earlier, my mother is this same nurse we're talking about here. If anyone should know about nurses, that'D be me. Don't gimme that "you see the way nurses carry themselves", unless you're one, you really know nothing about them. First hand experience is the best. You say it's not limited to nursing?? that's right but aren't we talking about nurses here?? how many women are landscapers and janitors?? learn how to focus on the issue at hand.

You mother was/is a midwife which translates to an LVN in America besides, the doctor delivering baby story is totally false. My illiterate grandmother use to deliver babies in her home, how much less a doctor. Did she also perform caesarian on them if there were complications? How come a doctor that can perform such procedure is not able to deliver a baby?
I thought it was called LPN. And no, she is a nurse but also studied mid-wifery. my story is false?? I never said the doctors could perform anything. That just goes to show you how "qualified" some of the so-called doctors in Nigeria are. Like i said, the doctors barely knew how anything in the hospital works. Most of them just got out of school and had no experience but in Nigeria, once you bear the title "doctor", you are supposedly better than a nurse.

It's how God made them, I guess.
It's how God made them, why couldn't these same husbands agree that God made their wives to be "pompous"??

It depends on how you hold your head high and how you are able to manage this confidence you are talking about. White American nurses do not always have these problems at home, why? are they not also confident? there is a difference between being confident and being pompous. Pomposity derides people around you and makes you a beast.  I think we have to agree that our Nigerian women have proven that money makes them and not them that make the money. What is the big deal about preparing dinner for your own household? Is that not supposed to be fun? My mum use to get mad if she comes home and find out that dad fed us with whatever he can garner from the fridge.  Don't we all want to stay together as a family at night, eat and pray together? what has money turned you guys into? I hope you know that you can work 500hrs for all I care, but it can never make you fulfilled and rich. show me a Nigerian nurse that made her money from clocking in and out in America and I'll concede.  A nurse's avg damn salary in America is 45K/Pa abi? OT can push her up to 80K/PA MAX and IRS will take about 30k/PA living her with 50K take home/PA, is that enough to destroy your family and not look after your kids?.
Why should white american nurses have to have the same problem?? that doesn't justify anything. Although it's totally understandable why they don't have the same problem. Firstly, they've lived here all their lives. They were not brought here/trained through school by their husbands and then expected to be slaves because of this fact. Secondly, their husbands don't feel as if their wives are obligated to succumb to their every need just because they brought 'em over to the states. They work longer than their wives, they're the sole providers, and make sure she doesn't work 16 hours everyday. By the way, some nurses earn thousands of hundreds.

Good for them there are other women in other professions in America that are the main provider for their families and they do not deride their partners. I'm totally against these gruesome murder but am a firm believer in equity, it's better to look into the main cause of this problem than lament and curse the men that are responsible. Could our women be the trigger factor? I'm telling you this b/c i've had a first hand experience with these nurses and the first impression they get when they see you is you must be a damn freeloader because you carry a cheap ass bag. How much money do these damn arrogant nurses make that people haven't made before?
how are you so sure that they do not "deride" their partners?? You've yet to hear of other ones, that doesn't mean they don't exist. you're a firm believer in equity, well so am I. I don't think that if all the responsibility wasn't placed on the wife nurse, there'D be a need for her to disrespect her husband or whatever they did to have caused their murders. It makes no sense that a man would be complaining of being disrespected when his wife pays all the bills, works longer hours than him, etc. I am 100% sure that if the husbands were able to provide for their families, these women would be happy to even be housewives. you can't provide, yet you complain. Seriously, the woman is only one person. One person can only do so much.

I'm not excusing them for the murders. I'm only look into the causative factors from a different perspective to avoid future occurrences and i think it's more useful that bemoaning a spilled beans. It's a very bad thing to push people to the wall especially when they are down. There was a case of a man in Wyoming that got away with murdering his wife because she not only cheated on him but she followed him when he left the house to allude him on how less a man he is and he turned around and shot her. That's gross mental abuse especially from someone whom you made possible. So many of these nurses not only destroy your lives, they take your kids, and make a jest of you in front of them. Mental sanity is a chameleon, and there is a thin line between sanity and insanity. Do not make a man or a woman drift from sanity to insanity because you are applying undue pressure.

If these men didn't marry village champions that haven't seen money before, they(the women) wouldn't think they have "arrived" with a nurses salary. Two of the cases above tho were not clear case murders, the women lost their lives during a fight and it can happen to anybody.
Do not hit your wife or husband/domestic partner, he/she may give up the ghost and send you to the list above. It's better to walk than to be walked
I'm definitely not for divorce but it would have prevented all these murders. how many were there again?? 6, 7. . . To me, there's nothing worse than taking another person's life. Only God can do that. And there can never be a reason to murder anyone not to mention your wife. No matter what the victim did. These men did not "make" their wives. Ok, some of 'em brought the wives abroad, so?? she then disrespects you, gently walk away. Ain't that hard to do.

Well, i showed this story to my mom. She was shocked and sad for these women. She then laughed and told me not to worry because hers can never be like that. Her story is not like that of these women.

RichyBlacK:

You probably don't know the meaning of the word "qualification".

Unless the nurse has an MD and a license to practice medicine in the US (typically obtained after at least three years of residency), the doctor has more relevant qualifications (as far as the health care industry is concerned) than any nurse.

Nurses that have nothing will be making mouth when high net-worth giants like software developers, doctors, engineers and attorneys are keeping quiet.
Well, i meant that some of the nurses in the states have just as much the same qualifications as some doctors in Nigeria. undecided
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by DeepZone: 8:56pm On Aug 22, 2008
@Deepzone, gosh! You need to chill out with the outburst and name-calling. We don't want to go there now, do we??
what's up with the "media LovePeddler" comment?? anyways, that makes no sense!
A media LovePeddler is one that believes anything he/she hears from the media including the internet.

I repeat they're not in high demand!!! Well, i haven't been to europe or asia. So, let me base this on just african countries, how many people got health insurance in Nigeria?? when you get the correct number, get back at me. How many nursing homes are there in Nigeria?? Like i said earlier,Health care is very important in America.
Why make a general statement if you haven't been to Europe and the middle east or ask questions?

That's why most immigrants who move to the states choose nursing. Go to most colleges, they tell you how many people want to get into their nursing program and how there's little space left. It only takes 4 years to become a registered nurse and maybe an additional 2 years to be a nurse practitioner. Compare that to other courses and you'D know why they choose nursing.

Immigrants mainly choose nursing not only because of the duration but for the fact that it affords them more opportunity to work anywhere and still make a decent living with less segregation and racism. Ask those in corporate America and other careers what they go through here because of their origin.

Like i said, the doctors barely knew how anything in the hospital works. Most of them just got out of school and had no experience but in Nigeria, once you bear the title "doctor", you are supposedly better than a nurse.

Someone is seriously lying to you. I don't know where your mother met the so called "quack" doctors but your story is way over exaggerated. Nurses anyway always boast they have equivalent knowledge with the doctor but will never go to medical school or haven't you heard technicians say the same thing about Engineers? How come Nigerian doctors come over here and pass the American board exam which is arguably the most difficult in the world?

Why should white american nurses have to have the same problem?? that doesn't justify anything. Although it's totally understandable why they don't have the same problem. Firstly, they've lived here all their lives. They were not brought here/trained through school by their husbands and then expected to be slaves because of this fact. Secondly, their husbands don't feel as if their wives are obligated to succumb to their every need just because they brought 'em over to the states. They work longer than their wives, they're the sole providers, and make sure she doesn't work 16 hours everyday. By the way, some nurses earn thousands of hundreds.

How did you come by that conclusion? None of the reasons above is enough to make you a general asshole. Most Nigerian nurses in America are assholes, they lack manners and it's not limited to their husbands and the root of their arrogance stems from the fact that their pocket is fatter than any other. I remember when I was driving truck after college here , i made more money than I'm making now in a goddamn white collar job(although the stress is reduced sha), I still remember a Nigerian nurse from my place that arrogantly told me how the world is in her pocket and how her engineer husband is bringing home 60K/PA, she went ahead to tell me that her husband is so useless that after 20'something years in America, he hardly earns more than a truck driver(that will be me, coincidentally i was making about 120K/PA driving that truck). Who told you nurses make tonnes of thousands? Forget that fairy tale until you get in the train. How many hotels or business empires did your mom raise with her "thousands"? No be nurse she be? For a nurse to take home $10K in a month in America, she must be doing something else beside nursing(i don't care how many hrs she worked) and even that will not qualify as tonnes of thousand.

how are you so sure that they do not "deride" their partners?? You've yet to hear of other ones, that doesn't mean they don't exist. you're a firm believer in equity, well so am I. I don't think that if all the responsibility wasn't placed on the wife nurse, there'D be a need for her to disrespect her husband or whatever they did to have caused their murders.[b] It makes no sense that a man would be complaining of being disrespected when his wife pays all the bills, works longer hours than him, etc. I am[/b] 100% sure that if the husbands were able to provide for their families, these women would be happy to even be housewives. you can't provide, yet you complain. Seriously, the woman is only one person. One person can only do so much.
It doesn't make sense to me either but you are seriously overlooking a factor here. Some of these men do not have any other option. Are you suggesting they abandon their families and walk because they don't have any money? Have you ever considered what you'll do later in life if those children you made and enjoyed the nurses "thousands" turned out bad later in life(especially boys because they always do if there is no father). What then did you gain from your thousands except misery at old age? The problem with us black women is "short memory", do you even think about the consequences of what we are doing to our families today over some goddamn change? So what you are saying is that you won't have a problem if your husband derides and abuse you as long as he's paying the bills? Is that what you are insinuating since you believe in equity like me? What is good for the Geese, should also be good for the gander.

I'm definitely not for divorce but it would have prevented all these murders. how many were there again?? 6, 7. . . To me, there's nothing worse than taking another person's life. Only God can do that. And there can never be a reason to murder anyone not to mention your wife. No matter what the victim did. These men did not "make" their wives. Ok, some of 'em brought the wives abroad, so?? she then disrespects you, gently walk away. Ain't that hard to do.
Much as I agree with you on this one, you need to let the women understand that hurting someone's ego can also have severe consequences including karma. Have you noticed the rate most kids born to Nigerian parents here desert their parents once they turn 18? Most of those kids came from homes where daddy and mummy were working all day as nurses. Now , they have the money but the kids they worked for ignored them. Chasing away your husband to Nigeria may make those kids turn against you later in life, it's happening everyday now here in maryland.

Well, i showed this story to my mom. She was shocked and sad for these women. She then laughed and told me not to worry because hers can never be like that. Her story is not like that of these women.

Could it be because she's mature and well cut? ask her about disrespecting your dad because she prolly makes more money and see what she'll tell you. Life does not begin and end with pounds and dollars, else, the likes of Bill Gates, warren Buffet, Diddy, Michael Jackson(I hope he still got some left) will be the happiest in the world. Did you see how the media has been making jest of beautiful Jennifer Aniston since her last break up, she couldn't find a man even with her millions. How many break ups now? Probably, someone is not telling her that she may have an attitude that is chasing these men away as soon as they sleep with her but how can she see that if she's too arrogant. The same applies to all of us(both men and women).
Nursing should be a passionate job and not a money making venture. If the nurses can tell you the truth about their pocket, you'll discover that they did not even make the top ten rich professionals in America. Also check the rich Nigerian people living around you(I don't mean those that live in big houses, big car and big debt) and see how many of them that are nurses.

Well, i meant that some of the nurses in the states have just as much the same qualifications as some doctors in Nigeria. Undecided

another big lie. An old nurse may have a similar experience but not same qualification. Medicine is different from nursing and don't ever believe you know more than those Goro chopping doctors up north. Reduce the arrogance and hear those people out. You may be exposed to more modern machines, but it's entirely different from your expertise although it'll enhance and flavor it.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by chiogo(f): 12:19am On Aug 23, 2008
[Quote]A media LovePeddler is one that believes anything he/she hears from the media including the internet.[/quote]
Ok, most of what I wrote here were based on what I've seen or heard by people it happened to. Who believes the media?

[Quote]Why make a general statement if you haven't been to Europe and the middle east or ask questions?[/quote]
Well, I didn't really mean to generalize but this story was about nurses in America. Everybody knows America has a big population, I think it's pretty obvious nurses would be in high demand. Well, china and india also have high populations, so u got me on that one.

[Quote]Immigrants mainly choose nursing not only because of the duration but for the fact that it affords them more opportunity to work anywhere  and still make a decent living with less segregation and racism. Ask those in corporate America and other careers what they go through here because of their origin.[/quote]
Umm, there's racism in every professional job in the States, believe it or not. How many hospitals are owned by blacks? How many black judges have there been in the states??

[Quote]Someone is seriously lying to you. I don't know where your mother met the so called "quack" doctors but your story is way over exaggerated. Nurses anyway always boast they have equivalent knowledge with the doctor but will never go to medical school or haven't you heard technicians say the same thing about Engineers?  How come Nigerian doctors come over here and pass the American board exam which is arguably the most difficult in the world?[/quote]
I only mentioned that story(which is true by the way) to show you how 'qualified' some doctors in Nigeria are. Like you said, American board exam is hard, why then should nurses who came from Nigeria not feel proud of moving to the States and passing the 'hard' exam??. When my mom moved to the States, she took the board exam for nurses and passed after the first trial even though she studied nursing back in Nigeria. And the terminologies used in Nigeria(similar to europe's) is very different from that of America. I know some other people who have taken that exam the 100th time and keep failing. So, why shouldn't those who made it be proud of themselves? LOL!

[Quote]Who told you nurses make tonnes of thousands? Forget that fairy tale until you get in the train. How many hotels or business empires did your mom raise with her "thousands"? No be nurse she be?   For a nurse to take home  $10K in a month in America, she must be doing something else beside nursing(i don't care how many hrs she worked) and even that will not qualify as tonnes of thousand.[/quote]
Lol, they do make tons of thousands oh. You want me to tell you how much my mother makes? I can't *lips sealed*. LOL!

[Quote]Some of these men do not have any other option. Are you suggesting they abandon their families and walk because they don't have any money?[/quote]
So, murdering their wives is a better option?? 

[Quote] So what you are saying is that you won't have a problem if your husband derides and abuse you as long as he's paying the bills? Is that what you are insinuating since you believe in equity  like me? What is good for the Geese, should also be good for the gander.[/quote]
Well, these women paid the bills but still got butchered. They lost both ways, you see. Like I said earlier, I don't intend on being a nurse(even though my mom is one) and not even because of this story. I just don't like the title, 'doctor' sounds better, lol. Neither am I going to marry someone I earn more than since according to you, God made men to have 'egos'.

[Quote]Much as I agree with you on this one, you need to let the women understand that hurting someone's ego can also have severe consequences including karma. Have you noticed the rate most  kids born to Nigerian parents here desert their parents once they turn 18? Most of those kids came from homes where daddy and mummy were working all day as nurses. Now , they have the money but the kids they worked for ignored them. Chasing away your husband to Nigeria may make those kids turn against you later in life, it's happening everyday now here in maryland.[/quote]
Wow! So, death is now the karma for hurting one's ego? I can't say this enough but DIVORCE is enough karma. You know how divorce is regarded in the Nigerian community. Tongues would begin wagging about how her husband left her. Isn't that enough karma??. Is the man really considering his kids by taking away the life of the woman who gave them life??. I'm the last child of my parents, I and my older siblings haven't run out of the house? Many other kids here I know with Nurse mothers, they also haven't eloped.

[Quote]Could it be because she's mature and well cut? ask her about disrespecting your dad because she prolly makes more money and see what she'll tell you.[/quote]
Hmm, maybe.

Abeg forget american celebrities, nobody cares about them. We're talking about Nigerians here. LOL, I'm too tired to quote everything cuz I'm using my phone.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by Sisikill: 12:34am On Aug 23, 2008
A media LovePeddler is one that believes anything he/she hears from the media including the internet.
shocked    shocked   shocked  shocked
What the. . . ? I can't fit laugh!

No, no, wait, I can fit laugh. . . Rotflmao! Lmao! Lmao!!  cheesy   grin  cheesy

Lord save me from people who hear one word and don't bother researching before using it.

A media LovePeddler is someone who does everything and anything to attract attention.

A Media LovePeddler is someone who courts the media by doing ridiculous thing as long as it gets tongues wagging.

A media LovePeddler is someone who gets off hearing people talk about them.

A media LovePeddler is someone who thinks any attention is better than no attention.

A media LovePeddler is NOT someone who believes everything they hear from the media.

Rotflmao! Ay yi yi!  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by DeepZone: 8:51am On Aug 23, 2008

Umm, there's racism in every professional job in the States, believe it or not. How many hospitals are owned by blacks? How many black judges have there been in the states??
Yea but it's easier for a nurse to pick a job as soon as the other one is lost. there is no long application needed. Even in Naija, nursing is not an attractive field but am yet to see a qualified naija nurse that applied for a job more than one month. Their salary is another story tho.

I only mentioned that story(which is true by the way) to show you how 'qualified' some doctors in Nigeria are. Like you said, American board exam is hard, why then should nurses who came from Nigeria not feel proud of moving to the States and passing the 'hard' exam??. When my mom moved to the States, she took the board exam for nurses and passed after the first trial even though she studied nursing back in Nigeria. And the terminologies used in Nigeria(similar to europe's) is very different from that of America. I know some other people who have taken that exam the 100th time and keep failing. So, why shouldn't those who made it be proud of themselves? LOL!

Actually, i meant the board exam for physicians. I don't know much about the nurse's board exam but it's not that preety tight. Trust me, if you can pass the board exam for doctors in America, i don't care whether you went to university of Damaturu, you are tight.

Lol, they do make tons of thousands oh. You want me to tell you how much my mother makes?Huh I can't *lips sealed*. LOL!
Do I need to know? Of course, she can make extra depending on how many hrs she works and there are peculiar places that pay peculiar money but generally, an avg nurse that has no children may hit 90K/PA but if she has children and value her kids well, she won't hit more than $70K which is the first salary of many masters degree holder in America that works 40hrs or less. It's how many hrs you worked that is the factor and not how much b/c a construction worker that makes $25 per hr in Alaska or Texas and works 70hrs a week will make more than a nurse that works 60 hrs a week in NY.

Well, these women paid the bills but still got butchered. They lost both ways, you see. Like I said earlier, I don't intend on being a nurse(even though my mom is one) and not even because of this story. I just don't like the title, 'doctor' sounds better, lol. Neither am I going to marry someone I earn more than since according to you, God made men to have 'egos'.
first of all, there is no indication on whether they paid the bills, who knows, adultery may be another reason for the murders. On the issue of you marrying someone richer than you, for what? why limit yourself? It's not how big your wallet is, rather, it's how you control it that really matters. There are men that have big and are real assholes and I bet you, you'll rather marry a brick layer than live with them. I'm not asking you to marry a loser, but do not be fixated on his purse and how to pay the bills. Shouldn't that be the reason why we pray and rely on God? You may marry a rich guy today and turn around and become richer than him in 5 years, will you reject the success b/c you must earn less than your man?

. You know how divorce is regarded in the Nigerian community. Tongues would begin wagging about how her husband left her. Isn't that enough karma??. Is the man really considering his kids by taking away the life of the woman who gave them life??. I'm the last child of my parents, my immediate older sibling is 18, he hasn't ran out of the house. The other 2 are about to be 20. They're all in college and haven't run out of house. I also have an aunt(not an aunt really but that's what I call her), her first child is done with school(nurse), she still comes to visit. So is the second. All the kids are 18 and above, they haven't ran away. They're all US-citizens.
[quote][/quote]
It depends. are you from a broken home? I guess not. Do you think that you could be thinking this way if your mom kicked your dad to the curb because of her nurse's money? You can do whatever you want with your children's father but when the time comes, you'll definitely regret it. Once again, am not supporting what the men did and that's why am looking at it from every angle. DO NOT AGGRAVATE PEOPLE PURPOSELY BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IT.

Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by DeepZone: 8:57am On Aug 23, 2008
What the. . . ? I can't fit laugh!

No, no, wait, I can fit laugh. . . Rotflmao! Lmao! Lmao!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Lord save me from people who hear one word and don't bother researching before using it.

A media LovePeddler is someone who does everything and anything to attract attention.

A Media LovePeddler is someone who courts the media by doing ridiculous thing as long as it gets tongues wagging.

A media LovePeddler is someone who gets off hearing people talk about them.

A media LovePeddler is someone who thinks any attention is better than no attention.

A media LovePeddler is NOT someone who believes everything they hear from the media.

Rotflmao! Ay yi yi! Cheesy Cheesy

You see why i preach that most of these dime a dozen bimbos that come here should go back to school. Media LovePeddler is a metaphor(that is if you know what a metaphor is) and it can have as many meanings as possible. The ones you listed above are plausible interpretations but they are not limited. Is "media LovePeddler" one word? all these "aboki" and "abokess" that flood this site makes me wanna puke.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by KarmaMod(f): 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2008
Whenever you meet a Nigerian woman that is a nurse, her mouth will always be open, boasting about her financial accomplishments as if her husband earns counterfeit money

Just because the lunatics that are around you do that doesnt mean all Naija nurses do the same. My mom is a nurse and so are most of her friends and none of them act like the way you just described.

You constantly contradict yourself. It's OK for a woman to kill her pothead husband for beating her yet at the same time it's ok for a egotistical man to kill his RN wife because she's SUPPOSEDLY deflating his ego?

Even IF it turns out all these women ran their mouth at their husbands in regards to salary, they can't freaking leave them? The whole "well I don't really support the murders but the women must have caused it" is such chauvinistic bullshyt.
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by KarmaMod(f): 3:36pm On Aug 23, 2008
all these "aboki" and "abokess" that flood this site makes me want to puke.

Was this necessary?
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by MrCrackles(m): 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

Was this necessary?

absolutely not if u ask me! grin
Re: Nigerian Nurses Beware? by Sisikill: 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2008
Metaphor? You are joking, right? Lmao!

Rotflmao! This is the funnies thing I've read on Nairaland to date.

Media LovePeddler has been used in many context but not in the context you have used it. The phrase was first used for people in the media who take money to say nice things about certain people, companies, product and what have you. It has never. . . I repeat been used to mean people who believe everything they read or hear in the media. Maybe in the village of idiots but not with people with an iota of sense.

By the way, I loooooove that we make you puke! Please, please keep puking. If we can't get you locked up for good ol fashion madness, Bulimia will do just fine. So like I said earlier, don't stop puking and if you need more incentive, just think of me. . . your friendly nairaland Aboki. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Huge Python That Was Killed In My Neighborhood / Here Are Some silly Questions People Ask / Corper Praises God After Surviving Fatal Road Accident That Killed Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.