Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final - Sports (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final (33625 Views)

Poll: Whos gonna win?

Nigeria: 89% (222 votes)
Argentina: 10% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / 2015 Copa America Final: Chile 0 - 0 Argentina - Penalty (4-1) - Fultime. / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by folahann(m): 7:34am On Aug 23, 2008
I will like to see to most these boys in the super eagles, people like mikel should be eliminated.
Only yobo,shittu and Ikechukwu should be made to join them to make our national team
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by tonyxxx(m): 7:34am On Aug 23, 2008
its very painfull that we lost,but at the same time vanchicken is very terrible when left alone.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
All the same lets be cheerfull coz we tried,(up naija).
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by deept(m): 7:34am On Aug 23, 2008
dreeldee:

i can't sleep embarassed embarassed cry

me tooooo cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

ill probably go to the romance section, there are usually lots of laffs there.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Cristalz(f): 7:35am On Aug 23, 2008
dreeldee:

i can't sleep embarassed embarassed cry

Aww  grin Come let me back you while i sing a verry soothing lullaby.  .  . like Argentina's national anthem cheesy

@deept
Ok sir. Emphasis noted grin
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by TmeD0(m): 7:35am On Aug 23, 2008
folahann:

The boys were playing as if there were no more energy in them, very different from what i saw against Belgium.

Anyways they have gone a long way to the final, Good for Nigeria

Have you tried playing in an 80+ degree temperature with high humidity? You should try it sometime to see how fun that can be--I'm sure you'll be thrilled.  What you failed to realize is that those other matches were played in the evening around 5:30pm while this one was played at 12 noon.  Hmm, let's see could that be a factor?  And I wonder why the ref stopped the game 25 mins into each half for a water break.  Perhaps, for the players not to dehydrate and possibly pass out on the field?   wink
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by dreeldee: 7:37am On Aug 23, 2008
Cristalz:

Aww grin Come let me back you while i sing a verry soothing lullaby. . . like the Argentina national anthem cheesy
you better back me now
deept:

me tooooo cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

ill probably go to the romance section, there are usually lots of laffs there.
i can't do anything now but cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by gaskinachi(m): 7:38am On Aug 23, 2008
nigerians stop criticising fo once, lord knows how many gymnasts and athletes you took to beijing,this boys were the only ones decent enuff to bing home any silveware.games ove stop cryin over spilt milk.the boys did well.lets all go to bed
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by SamMilla1(m): 7:39am On Aug 23, 2008
THERE IS NO EXCUSE HERE.
ARGENTINA WON.
THEY WERE BETTER .
SIMPLE.
WE DID FINE.
2ND OUT OF 205 COUNTRIES THAT MADE IT TO THE OLYMPIC.
WHAT ELSE CAN WE EXPECT.

AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED , THEY WON GOLD FOR ME.
BUT I AM STILL WONDERING WHY OGBUKE OBASI WAS LEFT 90 MINUTES ON THE BENCH.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Echeozo(m): 7:41am On Aug 23, 2008
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Echeozo(m): 7:42am On Aug 23, 2008
/
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by bolaoni(m): 7:44am On Aug 23, 2008
Hannibal,

it is not that the guys don't want to win, but Argentina is not Belgium sir.

If we had gone all out against the Argies, we would have payed for it with plenty goals.
The first time we tried to, they countered and scored. So the boys had to be cautious coz
they don't know what the Argies have up their sleeves.

Anyday anytime, Experience COUNTS! wink

I'm proud of the boys anyway. Nigeria can come back now with their Silver and 2 Bronze medals.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by chioma107(f): 7:46am On Aug 23, 2008
i am so DEPRESSED, even though i am not a fan of football. My day seems bleak.  sad
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by deept(m): 7:47am On Aug 23, 2008
chioma107:

i am so DEPRESSED, even though i am not a fan of football. My day seems bleak.  sad

awwww let me hold u
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by bolaoni(m): 7:50am On Aug 23, 2008
Sam,

Heard Ogbuke was injured during the Belgium match and wasn't fit. If he was, Promise wouldn't have had
a smell of the game.

@ chioma,

watch what you say. You may have a bleak day ooooo grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Jascobee: 7:51am On Aug 23, 2008
WE LOST THE MATCH because OF GOALKEEPING ERROR, I DONT FEEL BAD because WE LOST BUT because IT WASN'T THE BEST OF A MATCH MEANT FOR FINALS.
ARGENTINA DIDN'T PLAY BETTER AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, IT SEEMED OUR BOYS HAD INFERIORITY COMPLEX.
ALL THE SAME,BRAVO TO THEM,THEY DID US PROUD.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by 2sleek2NV(m): 7:52am On Aug 23, 2008
medala are being presented now.
bewtiful to behold
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by topup: 7:52am On Aug 23, 2008
Lol Deept!

Great match, I'm not a footie fan, but maybe because I'm biased, I stayed up to watch it. Loved every minute!

Please whoever made the 'Vanchicken' comment, be fair, the man defended us several times when the defenders left the box wide open. It was more the error of the defenders who shouldn't have left that area vulnerable. The goal keeper is the last resort! Anyways, I personally think they played amazingly, I was so proud in the first 40 minutes, though I spotted a few moments of complaceny afterwards. However, they seemed not to give up, even until the very end.

Was it only me who was shocked by the amount of grabbing, tugging, pushing and tripping in this match. You could feel the tension between the players, and MESSI just messed me up. He refused to be touched, big baby. Argentina deserved to win, because whether they played better or not, they managed to do something we didn't which was that they seized a crucial opportunity and coupled it with precision with the kick that ended as a goal, we had SO many more opportunities to score but our aim was off, probably from the pressure, it seems only until Argentinia scored did we start really trying for goals, before then, I believe more effort was spent on making the Argentinians look silly with 'show off' tackles and such (or maybe they were just silly in the first half). After watching the first half I was scared with the sudden realisation that as always, having the upper hand in the first half can come to bite that same team later on, maybe we got tired too early who knows. Man I'm Nigeria's biggest fan tonight. They rocked and I am so proud of them, more than you can ever imagine, they have brought football to my attention and have done Africa (if Africa wants to be represented by us that is) very well.

Safe journey back home to all the guys, Nigerian OR Argentinian!!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by MP007(m): 7:55am On Aug 23, 2008
see how messi(less) messi finish naija? che!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by chiegemba(f): 7:58am On Aug 23, 2008
on d brighter side. . . . . they tried though, silver aint that bad even if we were aimin /hopin 2 win d gold. . . . . . .
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by kingdong(m): 8:01am On Aug 23, 2008
Me just dey wake after a very refreshing sleep. Sad to hear our boys lost but dem try from what everyone has been saying, kudos to dem and to all you patriots who stayed awakw to watch the match. Iwas getting clips via spiritland telepathy networks so you chaps were not alone.
Lesson, build, builder, buildest. And with the greedy board members of NFa,all of whom were in China doing what i don't know, i wonder if they would allow us buile great teams. Rather the Amodus and our other national team technicians being there than these bloated pigs.

Anyways congratulations to the team and to Nigerians, once again football does the uniting.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by edumen2003: 8:03am On Aug 23, 2008
The boys tried but i thought vazekin was cautioned before this match, how come he made the mistake again. what of chinedu ogbuike obasi , why didn't siasia put him in the match. Anyway it is their Ship that sank,  we are struggling  to make our own ship sail. Their own better as some fans go from China  there run.lol.let us ,manage the silver, at least God is faithful
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 23, 2008
i love nigeriaaaaaaaaa
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by stkris(m): 8:06am On Aug 23, 2008
NAIJA 4 LIFE,  now its time 4 me to catch some long ass sleep after this match n 7 cans of heineken. thank God i aint workin 2moro,  UP D EAGLES.!!!!  grin i'm outy 4 now. .
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by rhamz: 8:08am On Aug 23, 2008
Only few people gave them chance to make it to the medal’s stage at the Beijing Olympics. But the Dream Team held on to their dream and fought their way to the final.Whether they return with gold or silver, the team have done well by giving Nigeria a medal at the Beijing 2008 Olympics.The Dream Team IV improved tremendously after their first match.WELL DONE BOYZ
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by lepashandi: 8:08am On Aug 23, 2008
chioma107:

get a fukc and you will be okay.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by deyoungest(m): 8:11am On Aug 23, 2008
lets go Nigeria,  i think its time to sleep// stop all this nonsense talk
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by lepashandi: 8:11am On Aug 23, 2008
For my country to stand next to Argentina and Brazil in footbal  is a great honour to me - thumbs up guys.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 23, 2008
I LOVE MY COUNTRTY TILL I DIE, WHERE ELSE CAN I GO
when i come home in december, i will be the proudest!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by coolboy100(m): 8:15am On Aug 23, 2008
nigeria 4 live, i love my mother land niiiiiiiiiiiiiiga
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by elebiola(m): 8:45am On Aug 23, 2008
I believe we did very well, the olympics would have been a very sad one without the dream team. They kept us all glued to the tv. I guess we start preparing for the next one if we would love to make any impact again.We should encourage more sports in Nigeria and if we dont want to,we should only be taking the footballers to the olympics.

The dream team did it again this time around,despite the heat and all that. Losing to Argentina 1 - 0 is not a bad result, none of our players in all fairness can be compared to their star players. Mikel, the only star player then as lost it and i believe he should not be allowed to play for us again.

We have real talents in the dream team 4 and i hope the NFF exploits their talents before its too late. This team should be the crux of our 2010 world cup winning team
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by kosovo(m): 8:50am On Aug 23, 2008
if mikel was added to the team, we'd never get a silver.
merceless.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 23, 2008
i love every nigerian on this forum. if we can take one day to love our country and to do good for our counntry, it sure will make a difference, we got silver, those guys tried their best, thats good enough for me, i love every naija on this forum, hopefully u return the favor to ur other naija brotha, so who is organizing the party??

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Referee Fernando Hernandez Kicks Lucas Romero In Groin For Demanding VAR Review / David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 / Gattuso Warns Napoli Fans Over Osimhen Expectation, Says We Have Not Signed Pele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.