Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final (33568 Views)

Poll: Whos gonna win?

Nigeria: 89% (222 votes)
Argentina: 10% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / 2015 Copa America Final: Chile 0 - 0 Argentina - Penalty (4-1) - Fultime. / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Seun(m): 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2008
Our beloved Dream Team IV, led by Samson Siasia, defeated Belgium 4-1 in the semi-finals.  The score was 4-0 until the 87th minute.   Argentina also defeated Brazil 3-0 to win a slot in the final match.  So it's Nigeria versus Argentina for the gold medal.

The match will be played in Beijing on Saturday the 23rd of August 2008 at 5am Nigerian time.  We're going to cover the match live, as usual. 

What are your predictions? 

Nigeria defeated Belgium 4-1, but Argentina defeated Brazil without conceding any goal.  Oops?

UPDATE: Argentine won 1-0. De-Maria scored. The Eaglets wasted a lot of chances.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by folahann(m): 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2008
As usual it's Nigeria all the way, we ain't going to have it as easy as the others but hope luck should be on our side, no bad refereeing and good display by the boys should do it.
Nigeria all the way, let 1996 repeat itself.

O my bad, the match will be 4am in Ghana and I'm not used to sleeping early on Friday nights, can't just afford to miss this cry
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by onyinye2(f): 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2008
Hate it or Love it, The Underdog's On Top
And Nigeria gon' shine Argentina until they heart stop
(Go 'head envy us, We soccer's M.V.P.)
(And We ain't goin nowhere, so you can get to know We)

There is no doubt that Argentina has a step head before Nigeria when it comes to Defense. There is no doubt about that. But Nigeria has an advantage on offense because i have studied the Argentina's goalie and his reflex time is quite slow. So Nigeria could really use that as an advantage. . . . if they can get to the goal by bypassing their strong defense team. I still give it to Nigeria to do us proud and bring home the medal to its rightful home.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Hardar4lag(m): 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2008
9ja 4 sure 9ja will surely win we are going to revenge 2005 and they will like to revenge 1996 but we are the winner. 9ja 4 444444444444444 suuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeee.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by xyoung: 5:36pm On Aug 19, 2008
grin ;d
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by folahann(m): 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2008
where the heck did Argentina get 2 votes from just now
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by hescool(m): 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2008
i am so proud to be nigerian at this time. i need to call my hating ghanian friends.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by seeu(m): 5:39pm On Aug 19, 2008
I had wanted Nigeria to meet Brazil considering Argentines style of play - falling down in every mark. I know the Referee will be our problem that day. It's going to be a tough match. I find it difficult to predict who the winner will be. At least I see medal coming to Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by sayshow: 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2008
Did i hear you saying 5am or did u mean to say 5pm. please i need to know the actual time for this cracker
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by rubi(f): 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2008
Nigeria will win by Gods grace. All I am asking God for is favor on naija guys let God show mercy
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by onyx79(m): 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2008
I think Nigeria stands a better chance of winning. Our players are quite fast,(contrast that with the super eagles),
they actually run for balls and fight hard to win midfield battles and snap loose balls. They have the grit neccessary to go against the argentines. However, like someone commented, they have to be extra careful with the tackles, i trust the argies to trip and fall into the penalty area at the slightest puff.
Most importantly, we need to go for the kill early. create the chances and TAKE THEM.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by onyinye2(f): 5:56pm On Aug 19, 2008
xyoung, give it up already. Nigeria is going to the Finals for Gold, and Your sweet Belgium will face Brazil for the Bronze.osuofia.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by xyoung: 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2008
abeg RUBI,
which country be Gods own country?

it means say d other coutries na DEVILS OWN COUNTRY?  shocked shocked shocked :oabi?

including        N,

i no talk ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Godalone(m): 5:58pm On Aug 19, 2008
Nigeria will win.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by chukxy44(m): 5:58pm On Aug 19, 2008
If there is any chance of ever getting a GOLD medel, then dis is it. Both teams have played impressive football but I have as much faith in our Dream Teams as to there ability to bring home the GOLD. WE ARE ALL OUT FOR THE GOLD. lets proudly support them as History is at Hand but this time in favour of the Nigerian TEAM
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by rubi(f): 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2008
xyoung:

abeg RUBI,
which country be Gods own country?

it means say d other coutries na DEVILS OWN COUNTRY? shocked shocked shocked :oabi?

including N,

i no talk ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

For God so love the world
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by kazeem4t(m): 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2008
If I say God is a Nigerian i am not exagurating.
I am proud of Siasia lets value what we have and Amodu
should emulate him too.
even if we have no medal 4 now
let the Gold medal of game of all games come to 9ja.
UP NIGERIA!
UP DREAM TEAM!!
UP SIASIA!!!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by FBS: 6:14pm On Aug 19, 2008
Siasia for President.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by deept(m): 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2008
this one is going to be tough, but we can beat them. Everything favoprs the Argentines, but its not over till the fat lady sings.

The boys will need total concentration on this one.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by princekevo(m): 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2008
The new dream team has really made us proud.Even though we didnt get the gold atleast we can get the silver,the only medal for Nigeria in 2008 olympic.
I know wherever Mikel is he must be regrating for not pataking in this tournament.This would have been his best opportunity for him to make a history in life as we are wining gold medal,but he despised that out of foolishness.Opportunity come but once  and he has lost this, and lost it forever.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by DeepZone: 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2008
See what Ghananians are saying about our team from the link below. bad belle.

http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=88323&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by deept(m): 6:29pm On Aug 19, 2008
no mind dem na beef, bad belle.

check, they wish they were Nigerians at this time.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by zelaws: 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2008
we will surely win this game.
siasia have a point to prove that he can upset the argentines and revenge the defeat 0f holland
he has time to study the opponent and plan his strategies
now it shows that there is cohesion in the team
the boys are now playing as a real team
with the gold ahead the will play with all seriousness and concentration
WE ARE GOLD SURE
long live dream team IV!
long live siasia!!
long live nijja!!!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by aoamaria(m): 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2008
naija all the way, shame to all our detractors
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by eldee(m): 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2008
onyinye2:

There is no doubt that Argentina has a step head before Nigeria when it comes to Defense. There is no doubt about that. But Nigeria has an advantage on offense because i have studied the Argentina's goalie and his reflex time is quite slow. So Nigeria could really use that as an advantage. . . . if they can get to the goal by bypassing their strong defense team. I still give it to Nigeria to do us proud and bring home the medal to its rightful home.
LMAO!!! What the eff are you saying mademoiselle??
C'mon from your post it's easy to see that you know next to nothing bout erm . . . soccer grin grin

Nigeria has an advantage on offense?? Do you know who Lionel Messi is?? ?? ??
See, just stick to your kickboxing or what's that thing you do sef?
Football is most def not your thing tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by vikiviko(m): 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2008
The Dream Team will win.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Lady2(f): 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2008
Um please how can I watch this in the U.S. I don't ever get to see the football matches.
They're always showing swimming and gymnastics.

I am in the U.S. eastern time.

The only Nigerian I have seen so far is Segun Toriola in table tennis. He defeated the U.S. man by the way. He has advanced.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by onyinye2(f): 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2008
eldee:

C'mon from your post it's easy to see that you know next to nothing bout erm . . . soccer grin grin

You obviously don't watch Argentina's goalie very well. He should be thankful that his team is killer in defense because his reaction time is weak. And when you have a goalie that is weak, you have an advantage.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by beebop(f): 6:46pm On Aug 19, 2008
@Lady

I looked online at nbc and it's apparently live on Sat 12:00am ET. I hope. I'm going to be sitting with a bottle of wine and a heart monitor
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Hannibal: 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2008
eldee:

Pumbaa doesn't know who Messi is. . . . .
Leo Messi is better than all the Nigerian strikers cloned together.
He can single-handedly ruin Nigeria without any assistance. . . . Just give him the ball and watch him rip Nigeria's defence into shreds.
Pumbaa should stick to her kick-boxing and spandex. tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by MandingoII(m): 7:03pm On Aug 19, 2008
What are your predictions?  

Argentina 3 - Nigeria 0

Nigeria is  going to be nervous and inept - and "happy" to be there.

Totally disastrous
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by nazzyon(m): 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2008
I forsee a perfect match between the Dream Team IV and the Argentine.

BUT

Whoever wins shall surpass the opponent with a penalty; either a shoot out or in the match.

Lets just wait and see.

Till then I no go sleep.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

'i'm Disappointed! "- Baxter Laments At South Africa Draw Against Nigeria / Yakubu Hassan Suspended For Slapping Referee Kasimu Ahmadu / Everton Matheus Rafael Swimming With Ifeanyi Ubah FC Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.