Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,315 members, 7,839,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! (13126 Views)

Poll: Do you support this arrest?

Yes: 61% (81 votes)
No: 38% (51 votes)
This poll has ended

Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Addressing Panel At Stock Market Probe - Live / Okereke-Onyuike Was Sacked For Spending ₦186m On Rolex Watches - Arunma Oteh / Court Nullifies Removal Of Ndi Okereke-Onyuike, Awards Her N500m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by hayprof(m): 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2008
Wetin concern Obama with Stock Exchange?

This act is suspicious 0oo lipsrsealed
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by muyithomas(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2008
Quote:
WHY SHOULD THESE JUDGES BE RELEASING THESE ERRANT HOODLUMS EVERY NOW AND AGAIN ON BAIL!! ITS SOMETHING WORTH EXCORIATING    

Well our Judges are some how trying,but they seem to be very timid and selective when it comes to discharging their functions.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by dataz: 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2008
@bashali

r u sick? come to tnk of it, who wants to identify wit u northeners? the southeners have all it takes to live well and enriching themselves. mind u, na our oil money una dey use dey feed, buld road and other menities.

infact, wetin make i dey talk to u, u sound no dout like a gross illiterate.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by mogentle(m): 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2008
It is welllllllllllllll,
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by iz2much: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2008
She should be going to jail not only been arrested
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by BlackMamba(m): 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2008
We are stuck in a fundamentally corrupt system. Acronyms like EFCC, ICPC, WAI, MAMSA etc are simply useless. It's the same corrupt wine in new bottles. BTW there is still the police and the AG & DPP to prosecute any crime. Unfortunately, they're Nigerians like the members of the new acronyms. Genuine changes will be obvious from Aso Rock whenever that happens, if ever. Especially with the "unitary" system in Nigeria.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by wamby(m): 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2008
YOU MUST BE A WHITE MAN. IN NIGERIA OUR PEOPLE ARE POWER, WHO NEED THE POLICE, WE CAN ARREST ANYONE.

NONSENSE, WALAHI, EVEN IF THEY HAVE NO REASON,THEY SHOULD ARREST ALL THIS SOUTHERNER, THEY TALK TOO MUCH,

EITHER SHE COMMIT CRIME OR NOT THEY SHOULD ARREST HER,

YAR ADUA SHOULD REMOVE THE AZAZI AND PUT OUR PEOPLE AS FORCE LEADER. AND TAKE ALL THE WEAPON TO THE NORTH SO THAT WE CAN FIGHT THIS SOUTHERNERS.

OBASANJO YOU ARE NEXT, SOLUDO YOU WOULD GO TO JAIL TOO. YAR ADUA ARREST SARAKI, DAVID MARK, AND DECLEAR AREWA,

AREWA LIVE ON.

WAHALI, MY ABOKI FRIEND.
economic parasite of the nation
i'm not surprise ,
watz ur level of education
i don't think u should be hia discusing wit us
Did ur forefather die during the biafra war.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by presido1: 3:48pm On Aug 21, 2008
The should let us know why she was arrested. It might not be cuz of Obama. what is happening in NSE at the moment needs EFCC.
Peops are losing money on daily basis, Check out Transcorp from N7.50k to N1 and others.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2008
Who is this Bashali lunatic sef?? Maybe the kunu is getting to his skull. I'd advise you to enter one hole with your kuli kuli and hide yourself there; you can come out when you guys stop acting like your melu melus.

The Northerners are just haters, this is another one of their riduculous scheme to take over the country. Before you know it, we'll be singing the National Anthems in Housa.

Waziri, Yar Adua, EFCC, go to hell,
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2008
sometimes i tire for Nairaland oh
She should be arrested/locked and the key thrown away.She is the epitome of the parody that is Nigeria.
HOW CAN YOU BE HOLDING MILLION NAIRA DINNER FOR OBAMA IN FARAWAY AMERICA WHEN CHILDREN ROAM THE STREETS  HAWKING PURE WATER WHEN THEY SHOULD BE IN SCHOOL?WHEN PEOPLE GO ON TV AND BEG FOR FUNDS TO PAY MEDICAL BILLS FOR SUGERY.
SHAME ON ANYONE SUPPORTING HER.AND MR BASALI,WE KNOW You AINT A NORTHERNER JUST A STOOGE SENT TO FORMENT CRISIS BETWEEN THE NORTHERNERS AND THE SOUTHERNERS,
NOT EVERYONE IS SO FOOLISH
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by xyoun: 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2008
hayprof:

Wetin concern Obama with Stock Exchange?

This act is suspicious 0oo lipsrsealed

spot on,

you have a point
Possible BARRACK OBAMA is trying to HI-JACK the NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE.

d guy is having interest in buying shares in maybe AP Petroleum
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by muyithomas(m): 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2008
Quote:
The simple fact is that, they might really be up to blackmailing the United States, i mean this is just a Presidential Nominee who has not been Finally Confirmed to the USA president and all these are happening.

Brein,
I can't agree with you less.You are right about this.Naija people should just allow this man to win this elction.Make them no put sand sand for him gari!.I think this unnecessary shout could even cause havocs for this guy.Americans are very wise and we should be careful.The way they take issues are quite different from us when it comes to public figures.They may want to use some of this things against him at the poll.

I beg,let us pray for him.This is what he needs!
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by wamby(m): 4:01pm On Aug 21, 2008
Wamby u are da man! it seems some forumites don't read other posts! Always in a hurry to be heard I will repeat what i posted earlier

EFCC INVITED HER TO EXPLAIN HERSELF BASED ON A PETITION FILED BY LAGOS BASED LAWYER FESTUS KEYAMO. EFCC IS BOUND BY LAW TO LOOK INTO PETITIONS WHETHER THERE IS ANY SUBSTANCE!

JESUS!

@XYOUN
AM A NAIJA MAN! 100% AND WITH NO APOLOGIES

menn, u r a real son of the soil.
PROUDLY NAIJA.
HOPE U GOT UR LOGO
wen our leaders r wrong we fault them.
but wen the need support we support them
we r leaders of 2mor
naija is ours. naija we live
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by bettes(f): 4:01pm On Aug 21, 2008
Okereke deserves to be arrested, even Femi Falana the human rights advocate and lawyer said the fundraising dinner was an illegal action,she claimed she used the money to sensitise the africans in america after Obama disassociated himself from the Africa for Obama group. And what if she had lived in america for fourteen years what has that got to do with the price of fish in the mushin market. The point is charity begins at home not with a country providing countries like ours with foreign aid, if madam NSE does not have work she should raise funds to eradicate poverty.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Builder: 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2008
I beg make them jail her fat yanch, i really dont know who gave her that post, assumming MCcain wins the election that mean nigeria and nigerians would receieve no aid from the US or betterstill nigeria would be push back to the bottom of the pile, what a cursed nation
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by bettes(f): 4:27pm On Aug 21, 2008
Okereke has seriously misplaced her priorities, why did she not try to raise funds to sensitise nigerians from her village at the last election
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by creamkele(m): 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2008
He good for her sef, wetin concern her for the American election Did Obama tell her he  needs a fund raising help from her The one wey concern them, them no go do. 

So now, where all the money wey them go seize from her go con go I THINK THAT'S A FOOD FOR THOUGHTS TOO.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by iceland(m): 4:34pm On Aug 21, 2008
Na because she no get work!If she is really doing her job at NSE,she would not have time for Obama fundraising!They should collect the money from her and give it to charity
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by xyoun: 4:49pm On Aug 21, 2008
HOW CAN YOU BE HOLDING MILLION NAIRA DINNER FOR OBAMA IN FARAWAY AMERICA WHEN CHILDREN ROAM THE STREETS  HAWKING PURE WATER WHEN THEY SHOULD BE IN SCHOOL?

I DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY   VEXXXXXXXXXXX WITH DAT WOMAN.

SHE NEED TO BE CRUCIFIED UPSIDE DOWN
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by mogentle(m): 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2008
So shall it be for the destroyer of this nation, AAAmmmeeennn.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by tpia: 5:02pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ mogentle: there's nothing to be proud of in that picture you posted.

You're just saying you support barbarism, thats all.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by LASIEFAIRE(m): 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2008
I have always said it and will keep saying it. Obama's greatest enemy are those that can't see beyond is color. The only thing this woman did was draw attention to the fact that Obama is black. Need I remind this fools that the Majority of the Voters in America are white, and if they keep rubbing the First Black President of the USA on their face they will vote for the alternative.
No wonder recent polls show that Mccain is in the lead.

To the Obama for Africa crap.Only questioning will not do. This woman is nothing more than a fraudster that need to be and deserves to be arrested and tried. If the justice system can be just she deserves jail time. She is raising money under false pretense. After Obama denounced her, she came up with some crap about mobilizing Africans to vote. That is a job for Obama's Campaign to do and not the Chairman of NSE. Stocks are dropping on a daily basis and shes is there raising money for a stupid agenda.

She needs to provide concrete evidence that she has indeed begun to mobilise African in the states. She wants to cart away with about 100 million Naira Tax free. She forgot that Yaradua is big on Tax. tongue tongue tongue

And those finding no fault in this shameful act because the EFCC has not questioned Babangida and Cohort. Just because the Barawo are free doesn't make this right. I am awaiting evidence to support her claim of Mobilizing African.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by tpia: 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2008
the major thing Ndi is guilty of is that she highlighted the huge disparity betwen Nigeria's rich and poor.

however, she's not the first and wont be the last to do so.

at the very least, it shows she has impressive fundraising skills. Misplaced priorities but not a jailable offence, imo.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by LadyT(f): 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2008
I agree no jail for her but two hot slaps and all the people who attended deserve one too fools
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by DDN: 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2008
even though there was a misplacement of priority by Ndi-Okereke onyiuke, i think that is not the work of Farida Waziri and EFCC to determine what she does with the fund she has raised, not stolen public fund. for those who have an idea of what Yar 'Adua is doing, i hope its not another "ARABA" of 1953, if it is, i think my Igbo brothers and the miltants of Niger Delta are realy sure that their freedom is at hand. however, am a Nigerian, and believes i the project Nigeria.

Ndi-Okereke, my sister, face the dwindling Nigerian Stock market, Farida Waziri, Nigeria has so many public rubbers from the North, name them, IBB, Abacaha and his family, Mustapha and co, Abubakar and our ex-governors all over the country, if you do not get these people and prosecute, Nigerian youths will still be seeing stealing of public funds as a norm and it will continue.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by seun001(m): 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2008
a case of abuse of office.am sure those that came to the dinner had no choice but to rub her back being the oga cos of repercussions for not showing up at the dinner.same problem Gani had with Obj and his library.am happy the EFCC thought it fit at least to call her for questioning and detained her sef.it will serve as a deterent from further stupid fund-raisers.and to think she can't account for how the money was spent(she infered one accountant is still collating money spent),makes it so sad that she is just another public official embezzling funds under her care as its obvious now that the money never left the shores of nigeria.chei cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by cola: 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2008
this is my fear for this country!

young 'educated' nigerians not being able to show clear understanding of the difference betwen 'invitation for questioning' and 'arrest'.

portends danger for the future

, and these same youths make noise about current 'leaders'

as bad as they are (current crop of leaders), I hope they wouldn't turn out to be better than many of these ignorant and sensation-seeking 'future leaders'.

By no means is this a generalization,

my respect to those Nairalanders that are very discerning.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by dearie(m): 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2008
An exposed Woman like Ndi, shouldn't have got'n herself into this mess, regardless of her intention, she went too far. I really feel for her, 'cos this damage-control she's doing now will get her no where. Infact that the supposed beneficiary of the whole charade distanced himself from it, makes it more laughable and pathetic.

It's just unfortunate, she needs to pray she comes out of this in one piece and just go hibernating a while, till the dust settles completely before showing her phat face in public again.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by beemex(m): 7:26pm On Aug 21, 2008
Cola my guy tell them joo, ''IGNORANT FOOLS!!!''
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by uncleO: 8:16pm On Aug 21, 2008
i read through most of your reply on Oyuike's case and i was really suprised at your replies

Mediocrity, wickedness and jelious have made us to ignore the right way of doing things, what we should do, and our right to what is right.
i think you people going straight to start calling this woman names was wrong.

what she embarked on was not a wrong thing, fund rasing for America's eletion was an open something to the whole world, and there was an amout which th US Govt stupulated you should give and the amout they went for was in the limit. the account you will pay is well spaecified, all you need to do is to approach the bank or Obama's campaign teem for records. this is what EFCC and some of us who have turned to police should have done before we start talking about killing someone.

this what they tried to do to Soludo: slander his image and kill him.

Let me ask, Is fund raising a crime in nigeria?
Is there any place in nigerian constitution where raising fund is a crime?

what you people and EFCC would have done is to wait a see if the lady and her group will eat the money, or divert it to another thing, THEN we will now talk. and do what the have done now, and not killing her bofore aying sorry at last
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by lepashandi: 8:18pm On Aug 21, 2008
i have it on good authority that Ndidi Onyioke (onyuike) wants to fukc Obama - this is the fact.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by c33b33(m): 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2008
@Uncle o
Interesting!Madam NSE said d money would be used for mobilising Nigerians with green card to vote for Obama{but she termed Obama for Africa,jst like Obama 4 America}How many times has she used her connection to mobilise funds to give people scholarship or even build an orphange home?& y did OBAMA campaign group in US distance herself from Madam NSE?She has d right for fund raising but not on one presumed illegal by d U.S constitution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senate Endorses Sack Of 3,000 NIMC Workers / Judicial Panels Must Investigate All Incidence Including Lekki Shooting — UK / Senator Nora Daduut Inaugurated Into APC Women Presidential Campaign Team (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.