Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Does Anyone Know How To Get Rid Of Chin Bump(big One) Caused By Shaving? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Anyone Know How To Get Rid Of Chin Bump(big One) Caused By Shaving? (4271 Views)

Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? / Hard Curly Hair And Shaving Bumps! Any Cure? / How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know How To Get Rid Of Chin Bump(big One) Caused By Shaving? by freshmoney(m): 7:24pm On Aug 22, 2008
Can anyone hint me on any drug that can eradicate big chin bump, I shaved some couple of months ago and it has upsurged , its becoming big. Anyone with a good idea?
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Get Rid Of Chin Bump(big One) Caused By Shaving? by stnonymus(m): 10:23pm On Aug 22, 2008
well i dont know about drugs but i can recommend 2 NAFDAC APPROVED Swissgarde products that i think will be very helpful.They are DEFENDER and SKIN,HAIR & NAILS.Defender is a powerful natural antibiotic/antioxidant.Its very good for general infections.Skin,Hair & Nails is a multivitamin complex that nourishes the Skin, hair and nails from the blood stream.

To Order them visit : http://www./ourproducts.htm

Or call 08023467737.

Re: Does Anyone Know How To Get Rid Of Chin Bump(big One) Caused By Shaving? by guysmat(m): 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2008
From personal experience, (If I think its what your problem is), the bumps are a result of hair trying to grow out (after having shaved the area a few days ago) but because the pores in the skin have been blocked or something in the skin restricts the hair from growing out of the body, the area tends to become inflamed and swells into bumps; most ppl tend to press these bumps from time to time in the hope that something will pop out or it'll just go away. Most times the pressing action and scratching result in injuries that might take a while to heal.

I came across a manual solution in the newspapers a few years back.

In a well illuminated place, stand in front of a good mirror (preferrably a magnified one) and take a close look at your neck or what ever region of your body that has the bumps.

There's a 70% chance that you'll see a black spot or short black line somewhere on the bump or around the perimeter of the bump.

You've just discovered the problem. cheesy

The black spot or line is the point at which whilst growing, the hair could not make its journey out of the body and was forced back in. The result is an inflated region (bump) partially filled with fluids which the body is trying to use to fight this thing (hair) that is growing back into the body. In summary, the body now sees the hair as a foreign object and is fighting it in the way it knows best by containing it in the bump.

1 possible solution
Get a serilized needle (make sure it's tip is very pointed).
Before using, dip the needle in dettol, alcohol or any other fluid that can disinfect the needle.
Wouldn't want you catching tetanus or something else, grin

Try passing the needle directly under the black spot or line and lifting up. voala!!! You've freed the hair that's been hidden for ages.
It's not so easy at first but with improving eyesight (consume less garri and sugar), you should be able to spot part of the blocked hair partially sticking out of the skin. Your partner could help in spotting the hair and eventually help in the removal but it takes some getting used to. Not many ppl can trust a needle beside their skin talkless of having someone else handle the needle.

PS: everytime you shave, take cognisance of the fact that depending on your skin texture (especially for black men), some hair might get blocked while trying to grow back in a few days. Use your newly acquired skill to free them and in turn have a bumpless chin/neck/armpit/private part . Also note that sometimes, you might not find the black spot. Don't worry. The solution will come to you once you've mastered the art of removing the spots you can see.
Enjoy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Africa Development Bank Offers $150 Million To Help West Africa Handle Ebola / OPEN FORUM: Which Part Of The Body Organ Never Rest? / The Most Dangerous Drug Is Not Illegal (data Chart)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.