Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

The Attack On God's Words (KJV) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Attack On God's Words (KJV) (6744 Views)

TB Joshua Prophesies About Attack On Nigeria & Ghana / "David Did Not Kill Goliath, The Bible Is Not Infallible!" - Says Femi Aribisala / "David Did Not Kill Goliath, The Bible Is No Infallible" Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:38pm On Aug 24, 2008
For 6,000 years Satan has barely changed his tactics in attacking the Word of God.  It first started in the garden of Eden when he made Adam and Eve to doubt, deny and disobey the Word of God by adding to it, subtracting from it or totally replacing it with half truths and lies.  Below is a short description of how he has deceived mankind through the ages and, as time permits I will attempt to give more exposition to uncover the lid of this dastardly act that is sweeping mankind off their feet, and how the Bible came to be the Word of God.

See the behind-the-scenes struggle to destroy the King James Bible, and how God preserved it.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0031/0031_01.asp
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by ZinoBen: 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2008
Yawn undecided

Boring topic! Do you know what the word infallible means?, pssf! angry
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by Cayon(f): 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2008
@poster

Thanks for sharing. looking forward to read more from you

1 Like

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by MadMax1(f): 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2008
@Zino Ben

Leave the guy na. Which one is ya own?
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by manmustwac(m): 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2008
have you seen satan
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 24, 2008
manmustwac:

HAVE YOU SEEN SATAN[size=8pt][/size]

Neither have you seen life even though you believe it exists.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Aug 25, 2008
For those who are sincere and ardent seekers of the Truth who will benefit from the exposition of the origin and inspiration of the infallible Word of God as enumerated below.

The Holy Bible is the inspired word of God and is the only source of knowledge of the Almighty God to all mankind. It is the contact point between finite man with the Infinite God; and it’s prime purpose is to give mankind the revelation of God (2 Timothy 3:15-17). The Bible is severally referred to as the Holy Scriptures (Roman 1:2; 2 Timothy 3:15), the oracles of God (Romans 3:2; Hebrews 5:12), the Book of the Lord (Isaiah 34:16), The Word of God (Mark 7:13), the Word of Christ (Colossians 3:16) and the Word of Life (Philippians 2:16).  It is in two major parts: the Old and the New Testaments.  It consists of 66 books; 39 of which are in the Old Testament, 27 in the New Testament.  The Bible was originally written predominantly in Hebrew and Greek.  The Old Testament was written in Hebrew and Aramaic, while the New Testament was written in Greek language.  Over 40 authors drawn from disparate generations spanning a period of over 1800 years, were used by God to write the Bible.  Even though their occupations, education and social classes were divergent, their theme was the same as they were inspired by the Holy Ghost (2 Peter 1:20,21).  The inspiration of the authors can be attested to by some peculiar characteristics of the Bible, which are not found in any other book written by man.  Such characteristics include its wonderful unity despite the fact that the authors lived at different ages; the needs of all people irrespective of race and language; its superiority to other books; the influence on individuals and nations; its preservation over the centuries; its fulfilled prophesies (Isaiah 7:14; Ezekiel 36:19; 2 Chronicles 7:19,20) and its perfection (Psalms 19:7; James 1:25).

The Pre-eminence of the Bible (Isaiah 8:20; Psalms 119:89) makes it indispensable to all men today.  While other books have limited influence on man, because they are products of finite minds, the Bible which is God’s revelation to man has solution to every problem today. Therefore, no man’s education is complete if he is ignorant of the provisions of the Bible.  No Christian can live successfully without an adequate grasp of the Bible, and no Christian minister is really qualified for the ministry of the Church of Christ without a thorough knowledge of the Bible (2 Timothy 2:15). Without a ready knowledge of the Bible, the Christian worker cannot be effective.

The central theme of the Bible is CHRIST and HIS WORK OF REDEMPTION (John 20:31; Luke 24:25-27; Revelation 1:1).  He is the Old Testament concealed, and He is the New Testament revealed. To fully understand the Bible and to rightly interpret its messages, we must first receive Jesus Christ as Saviour and have a clear and definite experience of conversion.  Those who do not know Christ and those who have wrong conceptions about Christ cannot interprete the Bible appropriately because the carnal man cannot understand the things of the spirit (1 Corinthians 2:14).

The Bible has a Ministry to unbelievers as well as to believers.  To unbelievers, the Bible brings conviction for sin which leads to repentance and faith in Christ Jesus.  To believers the goals of the Bible are various: It is to make believers perfect (Psalm 119:9,11), to reveal the condition of their hearts (Hebrew 4:12; Jeremiah 17:9,10), it is a light to the believers feet (Psalms 119:105, 130), the food of the soul (Deuteronomy 8:3, John 21:17; Psalm 19:10; Matthew 4:4), a medicine to the body and soul (Proverb 4:20-22;Matthew 8:8; Ps 107:20);  and the sword of the spirit (Ephesians 6:17; Matthew 4:1-11).  It is a mirror to reflect (James 1:23); a hammer to convict, and fire to refine (Jeremiah 23:29); seed to multiply (I Peter 1:23); believer to cleanse (Ephesians 5:26; John 15:3); rain and snow to refresh (Isaiah 55:10); gold to enrich (Psalm 19:7-10); and power to create life and faith (I Peter 1:23; Romans 10:17).

The Bible is God’s inspired revelation of the origin and destiny of all things.  It is the power of God unto eternal salvation and it is the source of present help for body, soul and spirit (Romans 1:16; John 15:7). It is God’s will and testament to man in all ages, revealing the plan of God for man here and now and in the next life. It is the record of God’s dealing with men, past, present and future.  It contains God’s message of eternal salvation to all who believe in Christ and of eternal damnation to those who rebel against the gospel (John 3:18,36).

The purpose of the Bible then is to reveal God to man, reveal man’s need of God and show man the way to God.  Man by searching cannot find God except God makes Himself known to him (Job 11:7).  The Bible also reveals to man how to live, and through the fulfillment of its prophecies, all human needs are met.  We receive salvation, sanctification, Holy Ghost baptism, healing, deliverance, protection, etc.

For us to profit maximally from the study of the Bible, all hindrances to spiritual receptivity must be removed.  These include hardened heart (Matthew 13:3-6, 18-21), double mindedness (James 1:8; Mark 4:15-17), pride (Deuteronomy 8:11-14; Psalms 101:5; Proverbs 18:12), carnality (I Corinthians 3:1-5), and unbelief (Matthew 13:58).

Every believer in the church today can benefit from the hidden treasures in the Bible.  But this would require sacrifices on our part.  Treasures are not found except by searching or digging earnestly.  Likewise, deep Bible truths need be sought for and in doing this we will discover Christ the more (Colossians 2:3; John 5:39).  Certain spiritual preparations are required from believers in order to discover these treasures that would make them develop into the fullness of the stature of Christ.  There must be earnest love for truth for its own sake (Psalm 119:40,47,54,72,103); supreme love for God (Matthew 22:37; Deuteronomy 30:6; Psalm 73:25); and an intense desire to know more of Him (Psalm 42:1,2; 63:1).  Also, there should be a strong desire to make Him known to others (Proverbs 11:24-26; Romans 9:1-3), willingness to make personal sacrifice to study (Matthew 13:44-46; 12:42), a sense of ignorance and dependence upon divine teaching and willingness to practice as far as you learn (Psalm 119:60,101,106; James 1:22-25; Ezra 7:10).  Other requirements are a fixed purpose to know, and do the whole truth (Psalm 119:63; 57:7; 108:1) and cultivating a state of mind that will not be diverted to make provision for the flesh (Romans 13:14; Matthew 26:41).

Above all, you need, a regular habit of prayer, resignation to the whole will of God and His word that will make you discover the treasures hidden in the Bible.
http://www.dclm.org/

And by the grace of God I am working on the "other Bible" otherwise known as the Gnostic Bible being sold in your nearest bookshop that Satan is presenting as an alternative to the infallible Word of God.  And if God permits I will be sharing with concerned friends and brethren who will appreciate it.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by olabowale(m): 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2008
@Olaadegbu: Attacks are on what others, eg paul and company said. And what they reported the prophets (as) and the Angels and their Creator to have said. All of which are clearly false. Please consider Mark 12 Verse 29 as truth, in the light of the falsehood, which you are saying that is being attacked.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by babs787(m): 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2008
@Olaadegbu

If you are not deceivingyourself, you would know that all the allegations in which you called 'attacks' levelled against your book are right in which you have been shown some.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2008
Read about the effort of the master deceiver to produce another 'bible' lies from the pit of hell.  Apart from the Jewish apocrypha they have the gnostic apocrypha which include  the gnostic gospels amongst others comprised in the other bible trying to compete with the infallible Word of God.  Watch out for this alternative bible they are being sold in bookshops around the world.  Cultists, Muslims and those who have problems with the infallible Word of God or Christians who are too lazy to study the Word of God have finally found what will tickle their idle minds.  Have you heard of the saying that "the devil finds work for the idle mind?"  Check them out here and follow the links.
http://www.y-jesus.com/gnostic_gospels.php
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2008
babs787 and olabowale,

You guys have a lot to deal with in the weblink below, and I now know where your 'holy book' got the idea from, that Jesus Christ did not die. shocked  What a revelation indeed from the gnostic gospels.  Check the website below and study the foundation of your religion before it is too late.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1104/1104_01.asp
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by littleb(m): 9:12pm On Sep 08, 2008
@OLAADEGBU

OLAADEGBU:

babs787 and olabowale,

You guys have a lot to deal with in the weblink below, and I now know where your 'holy book' got the idea from, that Jesus Christ did not die. shocked What a revelation indeed from the gnostic gospels. Check the website below and study the foundation of your religion before it is too late.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1104/1104_01.asp

See yourself. It is what you imagine and not what Allah has reveal to you or me. Will I have to present a crooked catoonish chart before one could be guided? You never wake up coz your heart is zealed from comprehending the truth. You believe that Allah is not God and Muhammad is never a God messanger. A blatant kafir! What if your statement stands against you on the day of Judgement. What if muhammad is found to be sent by God. What if Jesus is found as just a messanger and not God as you claim. You are ignorant! I can't imagine, how could a person intelligent so descend to formulate lies out of hatred against ones faith.

I don't hate you. Thus, I need to point out your weakness. You never have a mind of your own, only rely on peoples' skeptical works. Try and read Quran on your own, maybe your dirty heart will be purified thereof. No one can tell, you may be found on the other side.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18am On Sep 09, 2008
littleb:

@OLAADEGBU

See yourself. It is what you imagine and not what Allah has reveal to you or me. Will I have to present a crooked catoonish chart before one could be guided? You never wake up because your heart is zealed from comprehending the truth. You believe that Allah is not God and Muhammad is never a God messanger. A blatant kafir! What if your statement stands against you on the day of Judgement. What if muhammad is found to be sent by God. What if Jesus is found as just a messanger and not God as you claim.

"In any of the 150 sects and sub-sects of Islam, the common denominatior is Allah.  Who is this Allah?  Much has been written and said on the religion of Islam and its prophet, but not much is said about the God of the religion.  One reason is the assumption that the God of Islam and the God of Christianity are one and the same.  If Allah is the true God, and the Qur'an, Islam's sacred book, is true, then Christians can be sure they are all lost, no matter how zealous they may be.  The reverse would also be true.  It is necessary, therefore, to provide sufficient information to enable you to determine your own verdict, and answer the question:  Who is this Allah?" 

Check the weblink below for materials for your investigation if you are an ardent sincere seeker of the truth since your destiny for eternity may be at stake.

http://www.chick.com/catalog/books/0171.asp
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:30am On Sep 09, 2008
Checkout these muslims who have sincerely, honestly and diligently searched for the truth with a humble heart and find out what conclusion they arrived at.

http://www.muslimjourneytohope.com/watch.asp
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by littleb(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

"In any of the 150 sects and sub-sects of Islam, the common denominatior is Allah.  Who is this Allah?  Much has been written and said on the religion of Islam and its prophet, but not much is said about the God of the religion.  One reason is the assumption that the God of Islam and the God of Christianity are one and the same.  If Allah is the true God, and the Qur'an, Islam's sacred book, is true, then Christians can be sure they are all lost, no matter how zealous they may be.  The reverse would also be true.  It is necessary, therefore, to provide sufficient information to enable you to determine your own verdict, and answer the question:  Who is this Allah?" 

Check the weblink below for materials for your investigation if you are an ardent sincere seeker of the truth since your destiny for eternity may be at stake.

http://www.chick.com/catalog/books/0171.asp

The Books and the author have been debunked in my tender age. I think I m more learned and better informed than what you think. Present what you understand openly,  don't depends on people's skeptical works.

Now you are in doubt whether Muslims and christians have the same God. Someone came to confuse and polluted your mind; Allah is not the true God. Dwindling thinker, a robotic barbra. Why cant you wake up to seek for the truth.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by littleb(m): 9:14am On Sep 09, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

Checkout these muslims who have sincerely, honestly and diligently searched for the truth with a humble heart and find out what conclusion they arrived at.

http://www.muslimjourneytohope.com/watch.asp

All your fake testimonies have been debunked earlier;

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-160520.0.html

Any more lies?
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by pilgrim1(f): 9:18am On Sep 09, 2008
Hi littleb,

Perhaps it may be more helpful to discuss than be so heated in your quest to seek "truth". I've been there before and can tell you that attitudes such as you exhibit are not helpful. Attacking the Bible is not new - atheists, Muslims, satanists, cults of every shade and clime have done so and are still doing so. I also did the same thing. . . until God opened my heart and eyes.

The one question I have often asked myself and still ask others is this: what do you gain from attacking this Person called Jesus Christ?

Let me advise you: seek God's truth with an open heart - and your testimony will never be the same. Blessings.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by littleb(m): 9:58am On Sep 09, 2008
@pilgrim.1,

The one question I have often asked myself and still ask others is this: what do you gain from attacking this Person called Jesus Christ?

Believe me, there is no muslim that doesn't believe Jesus. He is a beloved prophet of God as believe by muslims.

The major message he conveyed to people was to believe in one God and jesus is not but a messanger from Him. You can carefully search through for any muslim that has ever attacked jesus personality, I will tell you he is not a believer.

Let me advise you: seek God's truth with an open heart - and your testimony will never be the same.

I think Olaadegbu should buy from this rather his contemptuous attack on Islam and muslims.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by pilgrim1(f): 11:11am On Sep 09, 2008
@littleb,

littleb:

Believe me, there is no muslim that doesn't believe Jesus. He is a beloved prophet of God as believe by muslims.

That is a wrong assertion to state. We have been through that very idea so many times already on this forum and what conclusions we draw is that Muslims do not believe in Jesus Christ at all. I was a muslimah and we heard that very same assertion millions of times; but when I began asking myself what it actually means to "believe in Jesus Christ", I saw immediately that such an assertion was very empty. You cannot state that you believe in a propeht and yet castigate the very core teachings by which He is identified.

littleb:

The major message he conveyed to people was to believe in one God and jesus is not but a messanger from Him.

There are many people that believe in "one God" - that doesn't mean that muslims are at peace with them. Take the Zoroastrians for example. . . then the Jews. . . and what about the Sikhs? yet in all these, the grieviance has been directly against the core teachings of Jesus Christ: because fundamental to His teaching was that He declared that God was known as FATHER!

littleb:

You can carefully search through for any muslim that has ever attacked jesus personality, I will tell you he is not a believer.

I know of several Muslims who have said very derogatory things about Jesus Christ on this Forum and elsewhere. . . would you be willing to deny them as 'muslims' as well if I pointed them out to you?

littleb:

I think Olaadegbu should buy from this rather his contemptuous attack on Islam and muslims.

Same could be said about you, my dear friend. If you don't believe that someone is sharing in some "truth", the better thing to do is put your points across without rancour.

Cheers.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:45am On Sep 09, 2008
Hello Pilgrim.1!!!,

You are welcome back to this forum, those of us who love the truth have missed your well balanced and informed exposition of the Word of God. I hope and believe that you are winning in all your endeavours, thanks be to God who always make us to triumph in Jesus Christ. You have been a blessing to many of us on this forum and may the good Lord continue to bless you more abundantly. Amen.

@Hi littleb,

Pilgrim.1 is a living testimony of a muslim who has gone on the pilgrim journey to hope, I will advise you to listen to her attentively if you are a sincere diligent seeker of the Truth, because as they say 'experience is the best teacher', she's been there and done that before she had an encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by littleb(m): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2008
@OLAADEGBU,

@Hi littleb,

Pilgrim.1 is a living testimony of a muslim who has gone on the pilgrim journey to hope, I will advise you to listen to her attentively if you are a sincere diligent seeker of the Truth, because as they say 'experience is the best teacher', she's been there and done that before she had an encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Neither do I have issue with pilgrim.1 nor sharing her testimony. The main point is why are you so unbalanced in your reasoning and attacking Islam and the God(Allah) who created you ignorantly. You never study Islam and compare it with what you believe. You rebuked Muhammad being a prophet of God and lay infallible to the human handiwork. I think many people have proved it fallible. It is a combinations of many books with many unknown authors with many contradictions therein. So, why you lay false accusation on the book(Qur'an) which you never read. Nay, the truth is there for you to find out; your Lord God is nobody other than Allah. He is the one (not trio) who created Jesus and Muhammad and made them His prophets. If you care to know the truth, read Qur'an and compare with what you called infallible.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by pilgrim1(f): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

Hello Pilgrim.1!!!,

You are welcome back to this forum, those of us who love the truth have missed your well balanced and informed exposition of the Word of God. I hope and believe that you are winning in all your endeavours, thanks be to God who always make us to triumph in Jesus Christ. You have been a blessing to many of us on this forum and may the good Lord continue to bless you more abundantly. Amen.

@OLAADEGBU, may God bless you and the many whose prayers have been well answered and brought on seasonal harvest of grace! cheesy cheesy I have missed a lot on the Forum, no doubt. . . but I continue to enjoy the refreshing that the Spirit of God provides through Christians living and sharing God's wonderful and life-changing truths. You are truly a blessing, bro. . . and more grace added to you in Jesus' Name.

PS. where is my sister OlowoT? cheesy
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by pilgrim1(f): 2:27pm On Sep 09, 2008
@littleb,

littleb:

Neither do I have issue with pilgrim.1 nor sharing her testimony. The main point is why are you so unbalanced in your reasoning and attacking Islam and the God(Allah) who created you ignorantly.

I'm glad to know that even if you don't share my testimony, you don't have issues with me - that indicates at least that we can rub minds on issues in an amicable manner. smiley

Often times, what you may be complaining about is actually the very thing that Muslims do. They have been quite unbalanced and attacked the very Biblical faiths they claim were revealed by allah in the Qur'an. Perhaps as a Muslim it is easy to accuse others as being "ignorant"; but if one makes such allegations, the better thing to do is share your answers in a friendly manner so that doubts and 'ignorance' are dispelled.

littleb:

You never study Islam and compare it with what you believe.

But what if I actually have studied it and compared it with so many other religions. . . until I became born again by receiving the salvation found in Christ?

littleb:

You rebuked Muhammad being a prophet of God and lay infallible to the human handiwork.

It all depends on what you assume to be infallible.

littleb:

I think many people have proved it fallible.

Perhaps so. . . if you meant the Quran.

littleb:

It is a combinations of many books with many unknown authors with many contradictions therein.

The Bible is a collection of several books which were penned by several authors that were inspired by God. If these men were contradicting themselves as you allege, then the Quran is making a false claim when it states that Allah revealed the same books that you are criticizing!

If your accusation was against David, Moses, Solomon and several other prophets, did you forget that Muhammad got to know these names only through the Biblical faiths? Were Moses, David and Solomon the "unknown authors" that Muhammad spoke about in the Quran? Did Allah in the Quran claim that he sent down the books of the Law (Torah), Psalms (Zabur) and Gospels (Injil) by "unknown authors"?

Yet, the wonderful thing about the claims of the Quran is that Muslims are asked to respect the Biblical scriptures and read them! Before you accuse Christians of being "ignorant", perhaps you may need to consider the fact that your Quran explicitly states that Christians are far more intelligent than your accusations (see for example, Quran 5 v 82, Yusuf Ali).

littleb:

So, why you lay false accusation on the book(Qur'an) which you never read.

I have read it through and through.

littleb:

Nay, the truth is there for you to find out; your Lord God is nobody other than Allah.

That is not true. Is Allah known as the same God whom Jesus Christ called "FATHER"?

littleb:

He is the one (not trio) who created Jesus and Muhammad and made them His prophets.

He is not the one whom Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Jesus Christ addressed as "FATHER".

littleb:

If you care to know the truth, read Qur'an and compare with what you called infallible.

I do not find anywhere in the Quran where Muhammad ever agreed with Moses, Isaiah or Jesus Christ in addressing God as "FATHER". Do you care to show me?

Blessings.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by littleb(m): 12:08am On Sep 10, 2008
@pilgrim.1,

Often times, what you may be complaining about is actually the very thing that Muslims do. They have been quite unbalanced and attacked the very Biblical faiths they claim were revealed by allah in the Qur'an. Perhaps as a Muslim it is easy to accuse others as being "ignorant"; but if one makes such allegations, the better thing to do is share your answers in a friendly manner so that doubts and 'ignorance' are dispelled.

Have you ever learnt that muslims are mandated to study and call the attention of jews and christians to a common words amongst them. You see, I think my God is right. If a person sees another suffering from a fatal disease, and he firmly believes that he holds the cure for the disease, and he also claims to have sympathy for the human race, then how is it possible for him to intentionally turn away when called upon to provide a remedy? Then, where is the unbalanced attack and who is the ignorant?

The Bible is a collection of several books which were penned by several authors that were inspired by God. If these men were contradicting themselves as you allege, then the Quran is making a false claim when it states that Allah revealed the same books that you are criticizing!

Who are the so called authors with no names. Was the original text revealed to the prophets not mystifyed by men?

If your accusation was against David, Moses, Solomon and several other prophets, did you forget that Muhammad got to know these names only through the Biblical faiths? Were Moses, David and Solomon the "unknown authors" that Muhammad spoke about in the Quran? Did Allah in the Quran claim that he sent down the books of the Law (Torah), Psalms (Zabur) and Gospels (Injil) by "unknown authors"?

Nobody is accusing all the beloved prophets of God. Moses, David and others were all right. People distorted the truth after their demise. The Jewish claim some part of the old testament as their Torah given to moses. Was Gospel(injil) you read were given to Jesus. Why do we have the Gospel according to Men(Mathew, Luke, John) in the new testament. Where is the original Gospel given to jesus, can you please site it from the bible.

Is Allah known as the same God whom Jesus Christ called "FATHER"?

The concept of calling God father is a tradition people misinterpreted. If God is called father does it make Him share part of human attribute. It is just the concept of ownership and provider. Allah is an arabic word if you translate to Aramaic is Eloi or El-lawh and Elowah-Hebrew with similar "Allawh" in pronunciation  and jesus said "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachtani?" Mark 15:34. You will quite agree with me that you know your life father differ from Father, the creator. I believe God will never revealed a confussion.

I do not find anywhere in the Quran where Muhammad ever agreed with Moses, Isaiah or Jesus Christ in addressing God as "FATHER". Do you care to show me?

Definitely not. Quran uses the perfect word to describe GOd almighty as pronounced by Jesus, Allah, no plural. Godfather, gods, areafather etc. Can you see the transformation and misrepresention in the trend; Mankind had denigrated the beautiful concept of of the loving Father in Heaven to being the Father of the "only begotten son" - to being physically like a human being, because begetting is an animal act, belonging to the lower animal functions of sex.

thanks with love smiley smiley grin
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by IDINRETE: 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2008
"And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.
And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.
For Moses had said, Consecrate yourselves today to the LORD, even every man upon his son, and upon his brother; that he may bestow upon you a blessing this day.
And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin." EXODUS CHAPTER 32 VERSES 27-30

This is gruesome and viciously blood-thirsty killing spree. Can we honestly believe this to be infallible word of god, it is only the god of israel that can say all these commandments,
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by pilgrim1(f): 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2008
@littleb,

Thank you for your response, and I'll quickly go through your concerns.

littleb:

Have you ever learnt that muslims are mandated to study and call the attention of jews and christians to a common words amongst them.

Since you're suggesting that may not be the case, what are you and Olabowale always doing in Christian motherboards that you find it so hard to live up to your own convictions?

littleb:

You see, I think my God is right.

Typical - this is the real issue with Islam: the internal struggle to "prove" that your god is right. I have news for you: that assertion is simply proving to me that you're contradicting your own Quran. How? Since you claim that you God is "right", it also means that the God revealed to Jews and Christians is not the "God" you worship, No?

littleb:

If a person sees another suffering from a fatal disease, and he firmly believes that he holds the cure for the disease, and he also claims to have sympathy for the human race, then how is it possible for him to intentionally turn away when called upon to provide a remedy? Then, where is the unbalanced attack and who is the ignorant?

Attacking the Biblical faith (the very thing Muslims love to do above all else) is not the same thing as "remedy". It is an illiterate illusion, and I don't mean that as a personal attack on your person. The point is that one's attitude is as important as the so-called 'remedy' that is offered. People can dialogue without the unnecessary attitudes we often read on the Forum.

littleb:
Who are the so Was the original text revealed to the prophets not mystifyed by men?

At least, that would be saying that Allah never revealed it to the prophets. I have been through this very discussion with Muslims before you arrived on nairaland - trust me, they filled pages upon pages and evaded as much they could, and for all that they had no answers to simple questions I offered them.

littleb:

Nobody is accusing all the beloved prophets of God.

I have read Muslims who deliberately lay the accusations.

littleb:

Moses, David and others were all right.

Good to know. So why are you guys always trying to correct the prophets if you claim they were right? cheesy

littleb:

People distorted the truth after their demise.

That is a claim that suits the Muslim interest at best. If I asked you to provide the original texts of what you belief to be the teachings of the prophets, I'm sure you will argue forever without being able to bring just a page of that text.

littleb:

The Jewish claim some part of the old testament as their Torah given to moses.

Muhammad also claimed the same - what's the argument there? cheesy

littleb:

Was Gospel(injil) you read were given to Jesus.

By who?
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by pilgrim1(f): 4:08pm On Sep 10, 2008
@littleb,

littleb:

Why do we have the Gospel according to Men(Mathew, Luke, John) in the new testament.

It is the same Gospels that Muhammad was familiar with in his day - and it is the same Gospels that Allah claimed he sent down. Not in one page in the Quran did Allah ever try to condemn that same Gospel. Not one line. If you find it, I'D be pleased to consider it with you.

However, what is even more remarkable is that the same Quran claims that Christians who read the same Gospels have nothing to fear. So why are Muslims ever trying to quarrel with Christians and Jews?

littleb:

Where is the original Gospel given to jesus, can you please site it from the bible.

You can find it in the Bible. Muslims who claimed that the original Gospels have been lost are simply lying. I have argued that out with them before, and I urge you not to clap that same fallacy up again.

littleb:

The concept of calling God father is a tradition people misinterpreted.

At least you cannot deny that Moses and the other prophets referred to God as Father. You see your problem? What you don't know, you deny - and that was one of the things that led me out of Islam. If we can afford to speak the truth without overblown claims that have no substance, this argument would long have ended.

littleb:

If God is called father does it make Him share part of human attribute.

No, and I have shared this same thing with Olabowale endless times. The thing to note is that when the Bible refers to God as our Father, it is speaking of covenant relationships without the idea of sex. The idea of sex was injected by Muslims - and that is why it has become so difficult for them to find where the prophets ever used the word to refer to sex.

littleb:

It is just the concept of ownership and provider.

Thank you. If you agree that God is known as Father and interprete it as "concept of ownership", that is alright. But what you don't understand is that there is no place that God is known as Father in Islam. Please search out any reference where Islam ever referred to God as Father. Just one reference will do.

littleb:

Allah is an arabic word if you translate to Aramaic is Eloi or El-lawh and Elowah-Hebrew with similar "Allawh" in pronunciation

Please don't engage in what you don't understand. The word "bad" in English simply means something that is not 'good'. . . but "bad" in Swedish is spelt and pronounced the same way and yet it means bathroom! This "Allah" migrating between languages is a fallacy, and if you want to check it out, I could help you see where Muslim scholars engineered that fallacy. It appeals to simpletons who don't know any better.

littleb:

and jesus said "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachtani?" Mark 15:34.

Do you speak Greek or Aramaic? I speak Greek, but not so much Aramaic. If I present a test of translations, would you be willing to test out your claims?

littleb:

You will quite agree with me that you know your life father differ from Father, the creator.

I do.

littleb:

I believe God will never revealed a confussion.

He did not reveal any confusion. Please find out if it was the prophets that used the idea of "sex" when referring to God as Father - they never once used it that way. But I am so ashamed for Muslims who keep trumping up that obvious falsehood against the prophet and claim that Christians have a confused revelation.

littleb:

Definitely not. Quran uses the perfect word to describe GOd almighty as pronounced by Jesus, Allah, no plural.

Oh please. cheesy  The word 'allah' in Arabic has gender and plurality. It is not a name but a common word among the pagan Arabs before Muhammad founded Islam. Besides, Jesus did not use the word "allah" but spoke of God as "Abba" (Father).

littleb:

Godfather, gods, areafather etc. Can you see the transformation and misrepresention in the trend; Mankind had denigrated the beautiful concept of of the loving Father in Heaven to being the Father of the "only begotten son" - to being physically like a human being, because begetting is an animal act, belonging to the lower animal functions of sex.

Like I said, the word "son" and "beget" in context of the Messiah did not include sex - it is Muslims who derive that idea, because that is what they often think about! The day I saw it in the Bible that our mullahs lied to us, I drop the Quran and began to read the bible for myself. I was in total shock to find that what the Muslim scholars said against Christians and Jews are mostly false. Please check the Bible yourself and find me where the prophets used those words to include sex. Please just find the references. Thank you. wink

littleb:

thanks with love smiley smiley grin

Many blessings and shalom. smiley
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by olabowale(m): 6:53pm On Sep 10, 2008
Olaadegbu will never stop pedalling his 3 gods! But I wonder which one of them he will hope to rescue him from the blazing fire of hell, where the stern Angels will make sure he is punished in the manner that is just!

Will he run to the son god, who will respond to him that he does not know him, as Olaadegbu is saying to him " I did good work in your name, !"

Will he run to the ghost god, who he will discover is no other than Angel Gabreil, who has no power, except what God Almighty, who created the Angel allowed him, Gabreil!

Or will he now run to the father god, who he will discover that there is not son possessed by God Almighty Creator. Hence to have called Him father was a mislabelling, worthy of just punishment!

The muslims are firm on the resolve that God, Allah the Almighty is the One who can expose the fakery of His creations. It is no surprise that a person can leave Islam. We see them even on this motherboard. We see them among the Yorubas, and indeed the Africans, Mankind! However we see many coming into Islam. Starting up new dynasties of Islamic families. Contrary to what Queenisha, the southern gurl below the mason dixie line, many are people and families who have not been to jail/prison or not because they found loveamong muslims. But if this is even the case, I say so what? Godis able to bring about anything in any way He that pleases Him.

Look at Jesus! God brought salvation to Jesus people through a fatherless child born by an unmarried young virgin girl, in a community that punishes any who performed illegal sex act by stoning to death!

Look at the destruction of Pharaoh and his army and the emancipation of the Israelites from slavery to world prominence, which is still going on, today. God used a man who who is tongue twisted, Moses and the stick in his hand to do all of this! Glory belong to Allah alone.

Finally, Allah gave a perfect religion as a complete favor to mankind, the worldover, without a need for any blood service and no go between, through the hand of an illiterate man, but the best man amongst his people, the lawless people of the valley of Bakka, Makka!

Whosoever then after this, the perfect religion in the hand of Muhammas (AS) decided to have other way, then it will be his own fault and no others! Did any ever say, "I am a god, worship me. Or am a partner of God, worship me along with Him? Or as you may worship me, alone or along with God, pray to my mother."? All you must say is NO, if you are truthful. There is no god of any type, except there is The God, who is the Creator, the Cherisher, the Sustainer, and the Irresistable! The Unique with equal or partner, no son and no parent!
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by pilgrim1(f): 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2008
below. . cheesy
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by pilgrim1(f): 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2008
olabowale:

Olaadegbu will never stop pedalling his 3 gods! But I wonder which one of them he will hope to rescue him from the blazing fire of hell, where the stern Angels will make sure he is punished in the manner that is just!

It is clear that you are peddling tritheism - and that is not what the Bible teaches. He that wishes others to be punished in blazing fire of hell is a ripe candidate himself: afterall, that is what allah promised Muslims.

olabowale:

Will he run to the son god, who will respond to him that he does not know him, as Olaadegbu is saying to him " I did good work in your name, !"

Mark 9:41 - "For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward."

olabowale:

Will he run to the ghost god, who he will discover is no other than Angel Gabreil, who has no power, except what God Almighty, who created the Angel allowed him, Gabreil!

Muhammad hated the Jews because when they tested him on who the Spirit was, Muhammad had no clue.

olabowale:

Or will he now run to the father god, who he will discover that there is not son possessed by God Almighty Creator. Hence to have called Him father was a mislabelling, worthy of just punishment!

The one who denied that God is Father has already made himself a false prophet. Moses and the prophets following on from him knew God as "Father" - if Islam never knew the Father, it was because they rejected Him.

olabowale:

The muslims are firm on the resolve that God, Allah the Almighty is the One who can expose the fakery of His creations.

Good - and all the fake stuff and denials have been exposed. This is not news.

You're once again welcome to fellowship in the Christian board if the Muslim one continues to disappoint you. Please stay long enough to enjoy the love of Jesus Christ. cheesy
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by littleb(m): 3:12am On Sep 12, 2008
@pilgrim.1:

Dear p,

It is the same Gospels that Muhammad was familiar with in his day - and it is the same Gospels that Allah claimed he sent down. Not in one page in the Quran did Allah ever try to condemn that same Gospel. Not one line. If you find it, I'D be pleased to consider it with you.

This is a white lie. There is no single verse in the Quran ref a Gospel according Mathew, Luke and John as the one revealed to jesus(PBHM) and no single reference exit where muhammad(PBHM) ever read it.

what is even more remarkable is that the same Quran claims that Christians who read the same Gospels have nothing to fear.

Not the gospels according Luke, John, Mathew,

Muslims who claimed that the original Gospels have been lost are simply lying. I have argued that out with them before, and I urge you not to clap that same fallacy up again.

Yes it doesn't exist.
I have read page to page. All in the new testament about jesus is nothing but a report. Historical compilation of many incoherent events while they garbled the original saying of Jesus(PBHM). If you insist there is gospel given to jesus in the bible, kindly site it.

At least you cannot deny that Moses and the other prophets referred to God as Father. You see your problem? What you don't know, you deny - and that was one of the things that led me out of Islam. If we can afford to speak the truth without overblown claims that have no substance, this argument would long have ended.

That is according to what your claimed anointed men wrote about them. Even, not only father, there are several imperfect description of God such as; burning fire, like a man, drunk e.t.c.

No, and I have shared this same thing with Olabowale endless times.
The thing to note is that when the Bible refers to God as our Father, it is speaking of covenant relationships without the idea of sex. The idea of sex was injected by Muslims - and that is why it has become so difficult for them to find where the prophets ever used the word to refer to sex.

In more civic term you are right. Morphologically, God has been relegated to a just being like human and this is the concept that resulted to trinity. A concept that has generated many transformation from father to son, son promoted to god. There is no single revelation from God refer himself as a father in the Torah, injeel or the Quran.

If you agree that God is known as Father and interprete it as "concept of ownership", that is alright. But what you don't understand is that there is no place that God is known as Father in Islam. Please search out any reference where Islam ever referred to God as Father.

God is named Allah plus all other 99 atributes which are not sharable by mankind. You can only be His servant in any ramification. No revelation came from God depicting His name or attribute as father. If you have ref to that and you can prove it, I will take your side.

Please don't engage in what you don't understand. The word "bad" in English simply means something that is not 'good'. . . but "bad" in Swedish is spelt and pronounced the same way and yet it means bathroom! This "Allah" migrating between languages is a fallacy, and if you want to check it out, I could help you see where Muslim scholars engineered that fallacy. It appeals to simpletons who don't know any better.

Kindly do. I want to know, maybe I would start learning.

But I am so ashamed for Muslims who keep trumping up that obvious falsehood against the prophet and claim that Christians have a confused revelation.

This has been proved by many scholars of the world. Not only Muslims.

The word 'allah' in Arabic has gender and plurality. It is not a name but a common word among the pagan Arabs before Muhammad founded Islam. Besides, Jesus did not use the word "allah" but spoke of God as "Abba" (Father).

Jesus spake "Eloi, Eloi, " provide the translation in Arabic and Hebrew which you understand. Next, Provide "Allah" analysis in arabic with plurality and gender plus thier translation in english, Hebrew, greek and Aramaic. In arabic bible, there is no God translation other than Allah.

what are you and Olabowale always doing in Christian motherboards that you find it so hard to live up to your own convictions?

This is no christian motherboard. The Board name is religion.

that assertion is simply proving to me that you're contradicting your own Quran. How? Since you claim that you God is "right", it also means that the God revealed to Jews and Christians is not the "God" you worship, No?

This is the most misconception ever. Even, the idol worshipers belief there exist only one God. All their dieties is solely purported as intermidiary. It is only in christianity that has three Godhead and believe in human God.

Attacking the Biblical faith (the very thing Muslims love to do above all else) is not the same thing as "remedy". It is an illiterate illusion, and I don't mean that as a personal attack on your person. The point is that one's attitude is as important as the so-called 'remedy' that is offered. People can dialogue without the unnecessary attitudes we often read on the Forum.

No one is attacking anybody. Since every religion is making her own noise. Christians have came to disturb me many times in my house, office, on the road attacking me that Quran is evil book, Muhammad is antichrist and so on. Islam only call to a dialague to narrow point what is common amongst us,that you shouldn't worship human god, your lord God is one, not trinity, Jesus, Moses, Abraham and Muhammad(May the blessing of God be upon them) were nothing but a prophet and messanger from Alimghty God.

At least, that would be saying that Allah never revealed it to the prophets. I have been through this very discussion with Muslims before you arrived on nairaland - trust me, they filled pages upon pages and evaded as much they could, and for all that they had no answers to simple questions I offered them.

If you claim everybody has discussed this with you there is no point discussing further. The main message is clear. Our God is one as Moses, Jesus and Muhammad declared. "Lakun dinikun Waliyadin". I think I dont need to interprete that for you, since you claim Islam before you converted.

So why are you guys always trying to correct the prophets if you claim they were right?

Nobody dare to correct the prophets of God. The message about them in the bible are much of fallacies which are full of filthy stories that could make them not to be emulated as the prophets of God. These are evidenced by many sexual immoralities, injustice, contradictions, misrepresentation and misdescription of the creator and so on. Yet, one can still falsefully claim Bible is infallible God word.

When I get to the office, you will read more from me. Thanks, lovely pilgrim. You are welcome back in Islam. smiley
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by littleb(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2008
Dear @pilgrim.1:

I need to point out some wrong impression here:

It is clear that you are peddling tritheism - and that is not what the Bible teaches.

Teach us what the bible says. Infact, I am ready to learn.

He that wishes others to be punished in blazing fire of hell is a ripe candidate himself: afterall, that is what allah promised Muslims.

Nobody wishes anyone of us Hellfire. Let us all follow the first commandment. Your Lord God is one God, It is He you should worship and bow down for.
Allah doesn't promise the Muslims hellfire. Kindly site a single ref from What was revealed to you and me if you are truthful. Whoever dies with trinity or human god in his/her heart, die as unbeliever;

"Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allah is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no ilah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilah (God -Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them." Qr:5:73

Mark 9:41 - "For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward."

I think I am more comfortable discussing with quote like this. This is one of the statement penn by your anointed men. It is never revealed to jesus, just a report which many athiest scholars and jews denied.

Muhammad hated the Jews because when they tested him on who the Spirit was, Muhammad had no clue.

Here is the verse:
And they ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning the Rooh (the spirit); Say: "The Rooh (the spirit): it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little." Qr:17:85

And this is not the reason. However, they rejected his prophethood and messangership.

The one who denied that God is Father has already made himself a false prophet. Moses and the prophets following on from him knew God as "Father" - if Islam never knew the Father, it was because they rejected Him.

Why Muhammad a false prophet? Just because he doesn't refers God as a father? What if Muhammad is found amongst the God prophets on the judgement day? What will be your faith?

See, Allah says,
"Verily! Those who believe and those who are jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve" Qr:2:62.

This is the news from who you called a false prophet. However, you need to understand the highlighted phrase clearly.

till day break.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ever Been Oppressed While Asleep! Please Share Your Experience / 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. / Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 223
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.