Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,629 members, 7,847,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:59 PM

French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga (72337 Views)

Official Italian Serie A Fans Thread / Athletic Bilbao Vs Barcelona : Spanish Super Cup (4 - 0) On 14th August 2015 / Barcelona May Join France Ligue-1 If Catalunya Gets Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by chic2pimp(m): 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2010
dayokanu:

Thot you were screaming about England
I never said England will win the worldcup nor did I say they can't win it.
They have a good chance of winning it was what I said.
I'll place them in the second tier of team that can with it along with the likes of Spain,Portugal,Holland.

jalether:

Fingers crossed, lets wait and see
Exactly, let's wait & see smiley
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by dayokanu(m): 12:03am On Mar 05, 2010
Spain has a higher chance of winning than England does. Same with Holland

England Portugal, USA, Nigeria, Serbia, Australia, Japan and Paraguay are equal on chances of winning
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by mystikal(m): 7:09am On Mar 05, 2010
dayokanu:

England Portugal, USA, Nigeria, Serbia, Australia, Japan and Paraguay are equal on chances of winning

smiley smiley
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by jalether(m): 4:47pm On Mar 05, 2010
dayokanu:

TBH England have an impressive sqaud depth , the question is "will the England players turn up and match their own

EPL level of performance". if they do, they might just win the trophy, however, I highly doubt that as they have always performed

below expectations in tornys
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by dayokanu(m): 5:55pm On Mar 05, 2010
TBH

Tell me about the goal keeping situation the entire defence line given we have about 3 months to the WC

JT is off form same with Rio. Gerrard also to a large extent

RB? LB? Striker? So what do they have

The only thing impressive about England is Wayne Rooney and Cappelo. Dispute this.
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by Sauron1: 8:09pm On Mar 05, 2010
dayokanu:

TBH

Tell me about the goal keeping situation the entire defence line given we have about 3 months to the WC

The only thing impressive about England is Wayne Rooney and Cappelo. Dispute this.

I disagree.

England have better defenders than any other country in the world.
Goalkeepers are gash though and the midfield could be better without Lampard and Gerrard.
Those two should NEVER play together. . . .What they have got left working for them is their history not their present form.

I will still back England to worry Spain, Germany and Brazil in a tournament IF all their players are FIT.
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by chic2pimp(m): 8:28pm On Mar 05, 2010
dayokanu:

TBH

&
Will you sharrap dia
Granted, England's goalkeepers are at best good/average however I still think the likes of Rob Green & co can do decent jobs
JT would soon regain his form(class is permanent,Form is temporary) and Rio would be fit for the worldcup
LB = A.Cole(if fit), Stephen Warnock, Baines
RB = Glen Johnson(if fit), Wes Brown

~Sauron~:

I disagree.

England have better defenders than any other country in the world.
Goalkeepers are gash though and the midfield could be better without Lampard and Gerrard.
Those two should NEVER play together. . . .What they have got left working for them is their history not their present form.

I will still back England to worry Spain, Germany and Brazil in a tournament IF all their players are FIT.
I disagree.
The Midfield would be better without one of them but certainly not without the both of them.
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by Sauron1: 8:32pm On Mar 05, 2010
chic2pimp:

The Midfield would be better without one of them but certainly not without the both of them.

Lampard and Gerrard are useless like i have been saying on this forum.
England's best midfielders in a 2-man midfield are Hargreaves and Carrick. Barry is close but Gerrard is rubbish in that role.
Lampard has regressed and you saw how pathetic he was against Egypt. See the difference Carrick made when he came on!
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by chic2pimp(m): 8:47pm On Mar 05, 2010
~Sauron~:

Lampard and Gerrard are useless like i have been saying on this forum.
England's best midfielders in a 2-man midfield are Hargreaves and Carrick. Barry is close but Gerrard is rubbish in that role.
Lampard has regressed and you saw how pathetic he was against Egypt. See the difference Carrick made when he came on!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Did I hear you right? undecided

No way is England's best midfield combo Hagreaves and Carrick.
It's Hagreaves and Gerrard/Lampard(I believe on of them should be used as a super sub)
Omitting both Lamps and stevie G is like the following countries not having the players I'll list below

Germany - Ballack
Brazil - Kaka
Italy- Pirlo
Argentina - Veron
Spain - Xavi
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by Sauron1: 8:56pm On Mar 05, 2010
chic2pimp:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Did I hear you right? undecided

No way is England's best midfield combo Hagreaves and Carrick.
It's Hagreaves and Gerrard/Lampard(I believe on of them should be used as a super sub)
Omitting both Lamps and stevie G is like the following countries not having the players I'll list below

Germany - Ballack
Brazil - Kaka
Italy- Pirlo
Argentina - Veron
Spain - Xavi

You are caught in their hype.
The players you listed all have the positional discipline to stay where their managers want them to be.
Gerrard is the most useless in the midfield. The only role that suits him well is playing in the hole(behind Rooney/Torres).

Against Egypt, he kept drifting to the centre thus leaving an ocean of space in front of Baines and Rooney had to be covering for him.
Lampard does not have the legs any more. Age is catching up with him and he had a mare last night. Coulda said it was one of those days but his performances for Chelsea in the past few games told me Lampard has lost 50% of his efficiency.

How can you even compare Veron, Xavi and Pirlo to Gerrard/Lampard.
These overrated English twats cannot hit a 5-yard pass accurately, never mind hitting 20 yards which Carrick immediately brought to the game.
Hargo and Carrick will form a perfect defensive shield to England's back four with Lennon, Gerrard and Ashley Young supporting Wazza.
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by dayokanu(m): 8:57pm On Mar 05, 2010
England have better defenders than any other country in the world

When fit and in top form should be the key word. Have you seen JT of the past 3 weeks? vs Everton, Inter and Citeh.

Rio has played less than 1/3 of games this season, A.Cole is out, WBridge is still mourning his baby momma. So who are the defenders left? Lescott, Richards, Woodgate,, Ledley "injured" King

and the midfield could be better without Lampard and Gerrard

Thankfully No coach would bench them so we are to see another woeful performance with Gerrard Sky diving and Lampard aiming shots at 44th stand.

Hargreaves the best and most Intelligent English defender is in Medical School for his MBBS so what do we have
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by Sauron1: 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2010
dayokanu:

When fit and in top form should be the key word. Have you seen JT of the past 3 weeks? vs Everton, Inter and Citeh.

There are still over 90 days left to the World Cup.
Enough time for unfit players to recover. Hargo might even make it.

Rio has played less than 1/3 of games this season, A.Cole is out, WBridge is still mourning his baby momma. So who are the defenders left? Lescott, Richards, Woodgate,, Ledley "injured" King

Rio, A.Cole and Hargo will make the trip.
It's not about what happens now, but what happens then.
Torres. Villa and Xavi can also get crocked before the mundial. . . . .It's a world of uncertainties.

Thankfully No coach would bench them so we are to see another woeful performance with Gerrard Sky diving and Lampard aiming shots at 44th stand.

Capello would do what will benefit his credentials.
He took off Lampard on Wednesday, that's a good sign he might condemn him to the bench if he doesn't roll his sleeves.

Hargreaves the best and most Intelligent English defender is in Medical School for his MBBS so what do we have

Hargreaves will play against Citeh reserves next week.
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by dayokanu(m): 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2010
There are still over 90 days left to the World Cup.
Enough time for unfit players to recover. Hargo might even make it.

How many days before Wcup squads are released and Hargreaves would still be with the reserves.

When would he get top flight action after almost 2 years on the sidelines
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by Sauron1: 9:16pm On Mar 05, 2010
dayokanu:

How many days before Wcup squads are released and Hargreaves would still be with the reserves.

When would he get top flight action after almost 2 years on the sidelines

It's a slow process but i am 100% certain he is ready now.
On his day, he is light years ahead of the pretenders like Barry, Lampard and Stevie Meh.
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by chic2pimp(m): 9:19pm On Mar 05, 2010
~Sauron~:

You are caught in their hype.
The players you listed all have the positional discipline to stay where their managers want them to be.
Gerrard is the most useless in the midfield. The only role that suits him well is playing in the hole(behind Rooney/Torres).
What hype?
If I was I won't have ranked England in the second tier of teams I believe have a chance of winning the Worldcup.
Both Gerrard and Lampard are quality players, I've seen it myself.

~Sauron~:

Against Egypt, he kept drifting to the centre thus leaving an ocean of space in front of Baines and Rooney had to be covering for him.
Lampard does not have the legs any more. Age is catching up with him and he had a mare last night. Coulda said it was one of those days but his performances for Chelsea in the past few games told me Lampard has lost 50% of his efficiency,
He drifted into the center cuz they is his natural position. The dude ain't a winger/right sided midfielder.
I agree age is catching up with lamps, hence why if I were Capello, i'll start Hargo and Gerrard and leave Lamps on the bench(Imagine having a goalscoring Midfielder as your super sub)

~Sauron~:

How can you even compare Veron, Xavi and Pirlo to Gerrard/Lampard.
These overrated English twats cannot hit a 5-yard pass accurately, never mind hitting 20 yards which Carrick immediately brought to the game.
Hargo and Carrick will form a perfect defensive shield to England's back four with Lennon, Gerrard and Ashley Young supporting Wazza.
I wasn't comparing them per se, rather I was showing you how dumb it will look if Capello left out the both of em'.
On them being overrated, well it depends on your yardstick. Some peeps also say Ballack is overrated. Also i've seen Lampard and Gerrard especially hit 40+ yards passes.
I reiterate, England's best midfield combo is Gerrard and Hargreaves.
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by Sauron1: 9:36pm On Mar 05, 2010
chic2pimp:

What hype?
If I was I won't have ranked England in the second tier of teams I believe have a chance of winning the Worldcup.
Both Gerrard and Lampard are quality players, I've seen it myself.

They are both quality players IN THEIR CLUBS where their respective teams are built around them.
The English team is a different proposition. Capello has decided to build it around Rooney(one of reasons Defoe might not make the trip to SA).

Gerrard has Mascherano and Aquilani doing the dirty job for him in Liverpool.
Lampard can count on Mikel and Essien to make those runs in Chelsea. England don't have those water-carriers if Capello deploys 4-4-2.
For that reason, Lampard and Gerrard are useless to the current set-up.

He drifted into the center cuz they is his natural position. The dude ain't a winger/right sided midfielder.

It's lack of quality.
Iniesta will play anywhere Guardiola/Del Bosque drafts him to play. Rooney will play anywhere to help his team.
Gerrard has no discipline and thus not good enough to start unless Capello dumps Heskey and play Gerrard behind Rooney.

I agree age is catching up with lamps, hence why if I were Capello, i'll start Hargo and Gerrard and leave Lamps on the bench(Imagine having a goalscoring Midfielder as your super sub)

Even if Hargo is fit, i wouldn't trust Gerrard in a 2-man midfield.
He is too technically inept to function effectively in such set-up. Alonso left Liverpool and Gerrard couldn't form a formidable partnership with Macherano and get Liverpool to the 4th place. How pathetic?

I wasn't comparing them per se, rather I was showing you how dumb it will look if Capello left out the both of em'.
On them being overrated, well it depends on your yardstick. Some peeps also say Ballack is overrated. Also i've seen Lampard and Gerrard especially hit 40+ yards passes.

England's best away midfield performance under Capello was in Berlin when England tore the Nazis a new butthole.
Lampard/Gerrard missed the game but you need to see how Carrick and Barry pissed on the Germans.
Ballack is not overrated for Germany. He will always deliver.

I reiterate, England's best midfield combo is Gerrard and Hargreaves.

Lampard is better than Gerrard so the best midfield combo cannot include Stevie G.
I will take Carrick, Barry, Lampard, Milner before Gerrard to partner Hargreaves.
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by chic2pimp(m): 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2010
~Sauron~:

They are both quality players IN THEIR CLUBS where their respective teams are built around them.
The English team is a different proposition. Capello has decided to build it around Rooney(one of reasons Defoe might not make the trip to SA).

For sure the England's team is different however that does not take away from the fact that they are both great players.
That Capello has decided to build the team around rooney does not mean they can't shine.

~Sauron~:

Gerrard has Mascherano and Aquilani doing the dirty job for him in Liverpool.
Lampard can count on Mikel and Essien to make those runs in Chelsea. England don't have those water-carriers if Capello deploys 4-4-2.
For that reason, Lampard and Gerrard are useless to the current set-up.
I beg to differ.
Hagreaves can play the Water carrier role effectively so can Barry(obviously not as good as Hargo)
Moreover Gerrard is a fanastic defender in his own right so he and his midfield partner can easily alternate positions(one goes forward, the other sits)

~Sauron~:

It's lack of quality.
Iniesta will play anywhere Guardiola/Del Bosque drafts him to play. Rooney will play anywhere to help his team.
Gerrard has no discipline and thus not good enough to start unless Capello dumps Heskey and play Gerrard behind Rooney.
Oh c'mon gimme a break with this 'Lack of Quality' thingy.
Iniesta is of a different mould. I'll love to see xavi play in the right midfield spot.
Gerrard can play either behind the main striker or as a central midfielder

~Sauron~:

Even if Hargo is fit, i wouldn't trust Gerrard in a 2-man midfield.
He is too technically inept to function effectively in such set-up. Alonso left Liverpool and Gerrard couldn't form a formidable partnership with Macherano and get Liverpool to the 4th place. How pathetic?

No way, Hargo is his Ideal Midfield partner.
Hargo energy, marking and tackling would easily blend in with Gerrard's game.
Alonso's departure is not the sole reason for liverpool's dismal form this season.
Gerrard and Most especially Torres's injury are big factors.

~Sauron~:

England's best away midfield performance under Capello was in Berlin when England tore the Nazis a new butthole.
Lampard/Gerrard missed the game but you need to see how Carrick and Barry pissed on the Germans.
Ballack is not overrated for Germany. He will always deliver.
Of course Ballack ain't overrated. He has always delivered from Bayer leverkusen to Munich to Germany.
Just showing how absurd the overrated arguement sometimes sounds.
Why not look at it this way, one of england's best performances ever vs Germany in 2001 featured Gerrard.

~Sauron~:

Lampard is better than Gerrard so the best midfield combo cannot include Stevie G.
I will take Carrick, Barry, Lampard, Milner before Gerrard to partner Hargreaves.
The Gerrard vs Lampard arguement will open up another can of worms so let's just say they are both equal.
The Only player on your list i'll pick before Gerrard is Lamps however I think Gerrard will be better partner as of now
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by Sauron1: 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2010
chic2pimp:

For sure the England's team is different however that does not take away from the fact that they are both great players.
That Capello has decided to build the team around rooney does not mean they can't shine.

They won't.
I can't remember the last time they played well under Capello.

I beg to differ.
Hagreaves can play the Water carrier role effectively so can Barry(obviously not as good as Hargo)
Moreover Gerrard is a fanastic defender in his own right so he and his midfield partner can easily alternate positions(one goes forward, the other sits)

It seems you didn't watch the last world cup.
Gerrard is useless and you cannot put that important role on his shoulders.
All those Roy-Of-The Rovers shots are deceptive. For every outstanding shot Gerrard produces, he has given the ball away needlessly 40 times.

Oh c'mon gimme a break with this 'Lack of Quality' thingy.
Iniesta is of a different mould. I'll love to see xavi play in the right midfield spot.

There's a reason Liverpool haven't won a silverware in 4 years. . . . .GERRARD!

Gerrard can play either behind the main striker or as a central midfielder

Faux!
Gerrard is the most useless English player as a CM.
Denilson is better than Gerrard in that role and well know Denilson is shyte.

No way, Hargo is his Ideal Midfield partner.
Hargo energy, marking and tackling would easily blend in with Gerrard's game.
Alonso's departure is not the sole reason for liverpool's dismal form this season.
Gerrard and Most especially Torres's injury are big factors.

Torres/Gerrard have played more games this season than the last one when they finished SECOND(4 points below the Champions).
It's simple logic. The departure of Alonso shouldn't have been a big worry if Messiah Gerrard can play as a CM like you suggested.
Did it happen? Why did Benitez shell £20 milla on Aquilani(a certified crock) if Gerrard was good enough in that CM role?

Why not look at it this way, one of england's best performances ever vs Germany in 2001 featured Gerrard.

Paul Scholes!
Gerra-who?

The Gerrard vs Lampard arguement will open up another can of worms so let's just say they are both equal.
The Only player on your list i'll pick before Gerrard is Lamps however I think Gerrard will be better partner as of now

Jesus Christ!
What can Gerrard do? What makes him better than Barry or Carrick?
Diving?
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by chic2pimp(m): 11:20pm On Mar 05, 2010
~Sauron~:

They won't.
I can't remember the last time they played well under Capello.

Of course they will.
All Capello has to do is bench one of em' and you'll see instant improvements.

~Sauron~:

It seems you didn't watch the last world cup.
Gerrard is useless and you cannot put that important role on his shoulders.
All those Roy-Of-The Rovers shots are deceptive. For every outstanding shot Gerrard produces, he has given the ball away needlessly 40 times.

Gerrard had a better worldcup of the two.
Moreover it wasn't Gerrard's fault england failed to perform once again. The Team as a whole were nothing to write home about.

~Sauron~:

There's a reason Liverpool haven't won a silverware in 4 years. . . . .GERRARD!

. .And the reason liverpool won the F.A Cup and the Champions League. . . . . GERRARD!!!!!!

~Sauron~:

Faux!
Gerrard is the most useless English player as a CM.
Denilson is better than Gerrard in that role and well know Denilson is shyte.

And Rio is the most useless English Central Defender or Rooney is the most useless English Striker.
See how crazy that sounds? undecided

~Sauron~:

Torres/Gerrard have played more games this season than the last one when they finished SECOND(4 points below the Champions).
It's simple logic. The departure of Alonso shouldn't have been a big worry if Messiah Gerrard can play as a CM like you suggested.
Did it happen? Why did Benitez shell £20 milla on Aquilani(a certified crock) if Gerrard was good enough in that CM role?

Let's be clear about this,Gerrard had possibly his best premier league season last year .
It's no suprise that Gerrard's best season co inceded with their best ever position since the inception of the premier league.

~Sauron~:

Paul Scholes!
Gerra-who?
GERRARD!!!!

~Sauron~:

Jesus Christ!
What can Gerrard do? What makes him better than Barry or Carrick?
Diving?

He can do everything Barry & Carrick does plus more.
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by Sauron1: 11:31pm On Mar 05, 2010
chic2pimp:

Gerrard had a better worldcup of the two.
Moreover it wasn't Gerrard's fault england failed to perform once again. The Team as a whole were nothing to write home about.

Gerrard made England lose against Portugal in the last WC.
He is the most useless player in England. All hype no substance.
Gerrard had a golden opportunity to haul England back in the penalty shoot out but what did he do? He had his shot saved by the goalie.

. .And the reason liverpool won the F.A Cup and the Champions League. . . . . GERRARD!!!!!!

Dietar Hamann. . . . . .Gerrard was on the pitch when AC Milan scored 3 goals in the first half.
It was Hamann that rectified their problems in the 2nd half but the British media as usual made it a Gerrard show even after diving to win a pen.
FA Cup against West Ham is now a feat?  grin cheesy What next? Fletcher was world class in 2004 cos he won FA cup final against Millwall? grin

And Rio is the most useless English Central Defender or Rooney is the most useless English Striker.
See how crazy that sounds? undecided

Rio and Rooney have nothing to prove.
Against all odds, they played in 2 European finals back to back, they have won 3 league titles in a row.
Without any shadow of doubt, Vidic and Rio were the best defenders in Europe in 2007-2009. Gerrard has never been the best midfielder in this country let alone rule in Europe.

Let's be clear about this,Gerrard had possibly his best premier league season last year .
It's no suprise that Gerrard's best season co inceded with their best ever position since the inception of the premier league.

What did he win with the club in his best season so far? grin

He can do everything Barry & Carrick does plus more.

Gerrard cannot pass, he cannot hold, he cannot distribute the ball effectively.
Barry and Carrick can do this better than Stevie G.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYHggzKlAi4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by chic2pimp(m): 11:57pm On Mar 05, 2010
~Sauron~:

Gerrard made England lose against Portugal in the last WC.
He is the most useless player in England. All hype no substance.
Gerrard had a golden opportunity to haul England back in the penalty shoot out but what did he do? He had his shot saved by the goalie.
He made england loose my foot, how so? undecided
Was it Gerrard who went about stamping on peeps crotches grin grin or was it Gerrard that rendered England's goalkeeper useless in saving P.K's? undecided
Lastly can you name me any other player bar Hargo who scored his penalty kick. Abeg free the dude jor grin

~Sauron~:

Dietar Hamann. . . . . .Gerrard was on the pitch when AC Milan scored 3 goals in the first half.
It was Hamann that rectified their problems in the 2nd half but the British media as usual made it a Gerrard show even after diving to win a pen.
FA Cup against West Ham is now a feat? grin cheesy What next? Fletcher was world class in 2004 cos he won FA cup final against Millwall? grin
I guess it was Hamman who scored the header that got liverpool back into the match? undecided
And it was also Hamman who won the penalty, right? undecided

It was Ronaldo who won you lot the F.A Cup not bloody Fletcher grin

~Sauron~:

Gerrard cannot pass, he cannot hold, he cannot distribute the ball effectively.
Barry and Carrick can do this better than Stevie G.
Pass= Check
Hold = Check
Distribute = Check
Pace = Check
GoalScorer = Check

. . . Should I Go on. . . . grin

~Sauron~:

Rio and Rooney have nothing to prove.
Against all odds, they played in 2 European finals back to back, they have won 3 league titles in a row.
Without any shadow of doubt, Vidic and Rio were the best defenders in Europe in 2007-2009. Gerrard has never been the best midfielder in this country let alone rule in Europe.

I laff in Scouse grin grin
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by Sauron1: 12:12am On Mar 06, 2010
chic2pimp:

He made england loose my foot, how so? undecided
Was it Gerrard who went about stamping on peeps crotches grin grin or was it Gerrard that rendered England's goalkeeper useless in saving P.K's? undecided
Lastly can you name me any other player bar Hargo who scored his penalty kick. Abeg free the dude jor grin

Penalty shoot-out is psychology and taking chances laid for you on a plate!
Some kicks are more important than the others.
When Berbatov missed his pen against Everton last season, the miss wouldn't have been important cos Tim Cahill missed his kick first.
Berba missing his pen didn't give Everton any advantage so some kicks have more importance than the other.

Let me take you back to England V Portugal.

Simao scored for Portugal, Lampard missed!
Viana missed his kick, Hargreaves scored his(there was parity here cos Hargreaves had rectified Lampard's error).

Petit missed his kick and the opportunity availed itself for Gerrard to muscle in and put England in front but. . . . .
Stevie G missed his kick woefully thus giving the advantage back to Portugal from which Postiga scored and went on to win it.

It should also be noted that the first team to take penalties have a big advantage cos of the 2-goal margin schitzo.
Many shoot-outs end 5-3 and the losing team don't get the opportunity of taking their last pen cos it wouldn't matter in the end.

Gerrard knows all these things and he still messed up. . . .
So how can you defend Gerrard here when he was the serial w@nker that didn't make it count?

I guess it was Hamman who scored the header that got liverpool back into the match? undecided
And it was also Hamman who won the penalty, right? undecided

Hamann changed the dynamics of the game.
His introduction stopped Milan hurting Liverpool's defence thus giving Liverpool the freedom to go forward and hurt Milan.

It was Ronaldo who won you lot the F.A Cup not bloody Fletcher grin

Not Ruud? Not Giggsy? Not Fletcher?

Pass= Check
Hold = Check
Distribute = Check
Pace = Check
GoalScorer = Check

. . . Should I Go on. . . .  grin

Pass = 0
Hold = 0
Distribute = 0
Pace = 7(Walcott has 9 here and he's shyte)
Goalscorer = 3(Crouch has 10 here and he's also w@nk).
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by RuuDie(m): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2010
Carrick is definitely d best of the lot - all round (defending, attacking) & what i luv about his shooting is he doesn't just blaze em like a lampard or gerrad; he picks d option 4 d moment - he's outstanding really!
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by dayokanu(m): 11:09pm On Mar 11, 2010
UEFA cup round up

FT Atletico Madrid 0 - 0 Sporting Lisbon

FT Hamburger SV 3 - 1 Anderlecht

FT Lille 1 - 0 Liverpool

FT Rubin Kazan 1 - 1 Wolfsburg

FT Benfica 1 - 1 Marseille

FT Juventus 3 - 1 Fulham

FT Panathinaikos 1 - 3 Standard Liege

FT Valencia 1 - 1 Werder Bremen

Summary the 2 EPL sides lost away.

The 3 Germany clubs avoided defeat (1 home win and 2 away draws)

The Freanch teams have a strong showing in Europe this year.

Lyon , Bordeaux, Lille and Marseille gave a good account of themselves
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by FBS: 10:30pm On Mar 12, 2010
10 secs of madness from Sulley Muntari. . .!!! He just came on as a sub but bags a red card. Penalty to Catania.

Catania 2 - 1 Inter!

Suddenly the race for the scudetto is wide open.

OOps wait. . . its Catania 3 - 1 Inter.

This is what Chelsea should do next week. Get behind the back 4. . .the goals will come.
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by dayokanu(m): 10:35pm On Mar 12, 2010
Help catania is rap.ing Inter.

3-1 already.

BTW Schalke have gone top of the Bundesliga with a 2-1 win over stutgart tonight
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by chic2pimp(m): 11:57pm On Mar 12, 2010
O pe oooooo Inter don loose shocked shocked shocked.

The race for the Scudetto has been blown wide open grin grin grin

Now it's up to Milan to capitalize on this slip up and close the gap to a solidatory point.

As I've always said, Inter's luck would soon run out grin cool
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by RuuDie(m): 11:55am On Mar 13, 2010
It only about a minute & a half for Muntari to jeopardize Inter's ligue season. . . . now its up to milan; hope they win, it'd be very interesting!
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by chrisical(m): 2:44pm On Mar 13, 2010
Ac milan should capitalize on this slip-up by this over-rated inter side.I knew Catania would be a banana skin for them.
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by FBS: 3:01pm On Mar 13, 2010
chrisical:

Ac milan should capitalize on this slip-up by this over-rated inter side.I knew Catania would be a banana skin for them.
To be fair to Inter, the game was balanced until. . .
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by chrisical(m): 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2010
Ac milan's 1-0 win over Chievo last night means the rossenerri are now within a point of Fumbling Intermilan.
Re: French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga by chrisical(m): 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2010
After being heavily vilified for his wastefulness in Real madrid's champions league exit,Higuain scored a hattrick in Real's 4-1 romp of Valladolid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (90) (Reply)

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 4) On 13th May 2021 / Chelsea Vs Villarreal: UEFA Super Cup - 6 - 5 On Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.