Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? (13733 Views)

Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) / IFY - A Romantic Thriller / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by OpeLovely(f): 11:10am On Sep 01, 2008
Contd.

Smiling sweetly, she said yes and they fell again into a loving embrace.
'Oh God, i love you so much, do you know that?' said Brian, squeezing her tight as he never wanted to let her go.
'I will never leave you Brian, you mean so much to me'
She shivered as the cold created goosebumps on her body which made him realise that they had stayed under the rain for too long. Ushering her inside, he took her to his room and put a log of wood in the fireplace. She gazed at his hard, muscular body. If only he knew the things he was doing to me, she thought.

Her mind wandered away to when she knew him in high school. He was this intelligent guy but not the nerdy type. When it came to the best in english, geography and economics, he was good. Even in football. The way the jersey clung to his sweaty body after a hard day's game was carbon copy of Cristiano Ronaldo who happened to be her fave footballer. Then, she was just a distant admirer until they bumped into each other in economics class and all it took was one long look that bound her to him, forever?

'Hey sexy' he called out to her as he put a towel on her body. 'You're still shivering, '
Turning around, she held him once more, pressing her body into his, knowing the effect that would have on him.
'Hey handsome, do you mind helping me with my wet clothes and yours?' she said, teasingly.
Brian looked at her, his eyes questioning her motive.
'Are you sure, '
'Or are you, ' she began, unbuttoning her blouse one by one. He swallowed, his body tense as her beautiful pert bosom stood up to him, her nipples lounging at him.
She loved this feeling of power and watching his helplessness, she teased him even further, unbuttoning to the last button and leaving a little space for him to see her middle. The bulge she saw confirmed her power.

'I think i'll go into the bathroom and change' she said, smiling.
TOO LATE! He grabbed her and gave her a passionate kiss that made her whimper.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by habumaks(m): 11:24am On Sep 01, 2008
EVEN LOVING NEEDS A HOLIDAY
Sistawoman's story confirmed that or dont you think?
You guys had a 4 longest days break of your loving and i believe this will make you and hubby to appreciate and love each other more. He missed you and vice versa and the "we made love like we did on our wedding night" caught my attention too.

So far since the start of this thread, it is the only real life romantic story i have read. the other ones are just copy & paste.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by swazi: 1:52pm On Sep 01, 2008
Well mine is the kind of sweet and sad.

I know a girl who met a guy who never believed in love and commitment.He was 33 and the last time he was in a serious relationship was when he was 25.He never imagined that he would love anyone, and never even tried to.

He then met a girl, which his manny other lovers and his friends, never thought he could possibly fall in love with, let alone take seriously, as she was a daddy little girl, very snobbish, and too refined for his type.

He left his manny lovers, to their disbelief for her.They have been through their up and down, but she was the only girl that ever occupied that special place in his heart.He had tried to fight this (falling in love with her), but I guess fate had brought them together.

Because of his indecisiveness, she had grown to doubt his intentions, and on the day that this guy went to his fathers grave, to tell him that he had finally found the one, was also the day she had decided to give up on him.

She does not even want him to keep incontact with her, and funny enough, the day she met him, she called up her best friend and told her that she had just met her husband to be.

I guess it is true, that at times you meet the right person at the wrong time, and the wrong person at the right time, and after you have let them go, you come to realize how much u truly loved them.
smiley
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Sisikill: 4:02pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ OpeLovely
That's a really sweet story but is it real?

habumaks:

[size=15pt]EVEN LOVING NEEDS A HOLIDAY [/size]

You know what. . . I totally, completely, absolutely 100% agree with you. I've often wondered how married people do it, having someone underfoot 24/7. I mean do they ever feel the urge to say "Don't you wanna go do something outside. . . away from me? You know. . . maybe friends you wanna go see? Say what about that your old friend, lagbaja. . . you haven't seen him in awhile, go see him. Go! Pleaaase Go!"

This is why I think even though couples are. . . couples, they still need to be individuals. Have your own friends, your own hobbies, your own thing OUTSIDE of the relationship. The day a guy tells me he wants his world to literally revolve around me is the day I run 4-40 in the opposite direction. . . Lol, okay I kid, I kid I'm not gonna run! I'll will myself into a freaking bird and fly!!! I hear if you do it with all your heart, wishes come true.  grin

By the way, I love that song!!!
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Sisikill: 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2008
swazi:

Well mine is the kind of sweet and sad.

I know a girl who met a guy who never believed in love and commitment.He was 33 and the last time he was in a serious relationship was when he was 25.He never imagined that he would love anyone, and never even tried to.

He then met a girl, which his manny other lovers and his friends, never thought he could possibly fall in love with, let alone take seriously, as she was a daddy little girl, very snobbish, and too refined for his type.

He left his manny lovers, to their disbelief for her.They have been through their up and down, but she was the only girl that ever occupied that special place in his heart.He had tried to fight this (falling in love with her), but I guess fate had brought them together.

Because of his indecisiveness, she had grown to doubt his intentions, and on the day that this guy went to his fathers grave, to tell him that he had finally found the one, was also the day she had decided to give up on him.

She does not even want him to keep incontact with her, and funny enough, the day she met him, she called up her best friend and told her that she had just met her husband to be.

I guess it is true, that at times you meet the right person at the wrong time, and the wrong person at the right time, and after you have let them go, you come to realize how much u truly loved them.
smiley

Hi Swazi.
Okay, I'm sorry but I don't understand. . . why did they break up if she thinks he is the one? What was wrong about the time? It's just so sad they broke up like that. . . you know. cry
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by taibatfash(f): 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2008
well, well, well, i do not know why i keep missing this delightful bunch of people, anyway, Romantic novels, let me give my own point of view, its like a pointer to all what we are doing right or wrong in our relationships. We read one romance or the other and liken it to our life, probably our present relationship or the ones we had, we start thinking of all the things we should have done, said, the way we should have reacted in a paticular situation and all that, mostr guys thinks reading romance lits is a waste of time bit then i do not blame them, they are suppose to prove their Macho stuffs ans reading novels is not one of them, the lsat time i fell in love was like being forcefully dumped in garden full of roses in bloom, everywhere you put your nose, the frangreance waft through it and soothes your mind, i was swept off my feet, it was, it still is sweet and its will continue to be sweet, if there is no man to put assunder that is, i love him, and im learning to make the best out of it,
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by 2sleek2NV(m): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ OPELOVELY nice story if u wrote dat urslf, its a good job u r doin just look 4 a good publisher n u r game sis

it sounds MILLS N BOOMISH to me sha

d girl 4 d story no get name u refered to her as SHE altru d story.
y did u use an eng name 4 d guy? u 4 use somtin like "bako,saheed,eze"
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by candide(f): 6:26am On Sep 03, 2008
There was a girl who dated an abusive man for years while she was in university. Having a difficult time with a symbolic logic class she was taking, a friend recommended a tutor to her. The tutor (who was 2 yrs older) taught her patiently and seemed to give her endless amounts of extra homework which he would painstakingly correct, and insisted on providing her extra lessons before tests, often materializing at a café where he knew she studied and approaching with seemingly random logical quandaries, engaging her in endless bouts of philosophical debate. The two didn’t see alot of eachother after the class, but remained friendly and always laughed and argued about politics if they ran into eachother.

A year later, the girl finally mustered up the courage to cut her losses and leave the abusive boyfriend. Soon after news travelled, the tutor came into the coffee shop and walked straight up to her table, telling her he had a logical/ethical dilemma. He flat out said that he had been madly in love with her since the first time they had spoke, and that he had been in agony watching her stay in that bad relationship, but wanted to be respectful of her, so never said anything, and was still not sure if he should be doing so.

Well, the LAST thing she wanted was ANYTHING to do with men again, so she told him he should leave her alone, and that she was not interested in any love business. After a week of him calling and sending houseplants to her new apartment, she firmly told him that he was not allowed to contact her again until he was no longer in love with her. He mailed her one last letter that simply said, if you change your mind, go to locker #--- in the Comp. Sci building on campus, combination # ------.

For the next month and a half, much to her surprise, she could not stop thinking about the tutor. Through all of the dark times in her relationship, she realized that she had a constant friend, who had always been there for her, quietly on the sidelines. By the end of six weeks without seeing or speaking to him, she went to the locker. She was amazed when she looked inside: there was a letter written to her for every single day in that month and a half. Some of them were passionate love letters, some simply tales from his childhood, or funny cartoon pictures and clippings from the paper with highlighted pieces that he thought she’d find interesting. She knew then that she was falling in love with him too, and that is where it all began.

He proposed 3 months later.

Oh, nerd love!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by tyor: 8:23am On Sep 03, 2008
grin grin ;Dthe most romantic is that of an Islamic cleric and his 76 wives. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by tyor: 8:28am On Sep 03, 2008
candide, that was so pathetic.

but is dat story original?

i luv it
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by OpeLovely(f): 11:23am On Sep 03, 2008
@ 2sleek2nv

If you looked at the first page, you'll see her name is Tamia, while the guy is Brian.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. It also shows further that no one is perfect and it proves to some people that i actually wrote the story. Yes, i do write and i've written over 20 unpublished 'novels' and 2 published ones in my former university's newspaper.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by candide(f): 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2008
tyor:

lol, yes well love can make ppl pathetic sometimes. It's an original story, they got married in 2005 and she kept all the letters.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Sisikill: 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ candide
Awwww, that is a romantic story. So sweet, I could just visualize it. I'm glad she got out of the abusive relationship, no woman should put up with that. All water under the bridge now, she got her good guy.

Thanks for Sharing.  smiley

@ OpeLovely
Hi, I don't think anyone doubts you wrote the story. . . at least I don't doubt it. I was just asking if it is a true life love story. Apologies if you thought your authorship was being doubted.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by kay9(m): 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ Sistawomsn: I think you are a good mother and wife; trust me, very, very few women still act like that in Nigeria here. Thing is, I never really believed there are still women like you in the West - what with all the liberalism there (which isn't exactly bad, its just that folks there sometimes stretch it to a ridiculous extent).
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by sistawoman: 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2008
kay9:

@ Sistawomsn: I think you are a good mother and wife; trust me, very, very few women still act like that in Nigeria here. Thing is, I never really believed there are still women like you in the West - what with all the liberalism there (which isn't exactly bad, its just that folks there sometimes stretch it to a ridiculous extent).

Thank you. I really appreciate that.

I tell you it is hard, and I had my playerette days when i was younger. I would play the guys and promise the pu,ssy all the time. But growing up tends to slow some of us down. The temptation is still there, my neighbor and close friend also married to a Nigerian is cheating on her husband. And when my husband had his tantrum last week her advice was for me to get a bf and just let him get over it when he gets over it. But when your heart is breaking and all you can do is long for the touch of him there is no other that will do.

Prior to this happening I was bitching about wanting more time from him, more nights out, just more of him and even thought of getting a jump off to fill the space. But this thing happened and I realized my heart, mind, body and spirit belonged to him. That he takes care of all of my needs, physical, mental, spiritual and financial. That what i have in him is true love.

We did not meet under the best of circumstances but what we have built is ment to last thru it all.

A woman will never trade a definite for a maybe. I definitely know i have it good at home and dont want to even entertain the maybe's in the street. I would have to say, at least for me. . . . maybe for him too based on how he is acting. . . . . this thing we went thru solidified our love for each other. He more loving and attentive and romantic since this ended and so am I.

Love needing a break. . . . . . true rubbish. . . . . . . . . I have my friends, he has his, we each have jobs and hobbies. I never need my husband to stay away from our home, not even for one night. I love it when he wraps me in his arms and holds me tight, i feel safest when he is there. I need his presence in our home every single day.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by OpeLovely(f): 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ sistakill,

No, it wasn't you i was referring to. Anyways, thanks for enjoying them.  smiley Habumaks was plain annoying. angry
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by kay9(m): 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2008
sistawoman:

Thank you. I really appreciate that.

You are welcomed, dear. Just tell your hobby that he should start appreciating what he has. . .  before he loses it. Love can only take so much knocks, you know. Tell him "KAY9" said so!  smiley

@Sisikill: Thanks for keeping the section alive.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by bluespice(f): 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2008
im one of those girls u meet in life that tells u Love is overated
ok not overated but simply a fallacy as i choose o call it
over some months now
a group of friends of mine have chosen to painstakingly convince me  initially, of the existence of love
growing up i read mills n boon stories and their depiction of the alpha male and the subjective seductive woman might i say might have fuelled my hatred for love
hmm ironous hatred for love grin
dont get me wrong, ill be the last to tell u to break up with ur boyfriend or girl friend
sheesh wat am i getting at?
ok romance novels
sisikill said it, most people read em to escape from the harsh realities of life
me? lipsrsealed
guess wat am saying is i dont have any real life romantic stories
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by agaba123(m): 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2008
bluespice:

im one of those girls u meet in life that tells u Love is overated
ok not overated but simply a fallacy as i choose o call it
over some months now
a group of friends of mine have chosen to painstakingly convince me initially, of the existence of love
growing up i read mills n boon stories and their depiction of the alpha male and the subjective seductive woman might i say might have fuelled my hatred for love
hmm ironous hatred for love grin
don't get me wrong, ill be the last to tell u to break up with your boyfriend or girl friend
sheesh what am i getting at?
ok romance novels
sisikill said it, most people read em to escape from the harsh realities of life
me? lipsrsealed
guess what am saying is i don't have any real life romantic stories
Except the one that is unfolding in nairaland grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by bluespice(f): 2:07pm On Sep 04, 2008
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by agaba123(m): 2:16pm On Sep 04, 2008

come on lets do it. why are you shy? Lets unluck that your talent. I guess that's what we agreed on. Just act it out wink
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Tevez: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2008
I broke up with the only one i ever loved earlier this year, have tried to get her off my mind all the while, but it seems impossible.
Have another girlfriend now, and somewhere along the line i will probably marry someone else, but i fear that 20 years down the line i would still be thinking of her.
Aint life a b**ch.
Is that romance?
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by bettes(f): 3:52pm On Sep 04, 2008
@sistawoman: Your story is so romantic i can read it over and over again, though i felt your husband over-reacted. i am happy you got back together and what can be better than make up sex.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Sisikill: 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2008
@ K9
Oh dear! You give me way too much credit sir!  grin

@ Bluespice
First the Morbidness, now the Lovelessness. . . are you sure we are not twins? By the way, I think someone is trying to romance you (oh la la). I can see how you missed it, I was like that too. They could be wearing their hearts on their sleeves and all I'll say is. . . "Oh Blood! Nice"  cheesy

@Tavez
Okay, that's just sad. What happened? Look, if you think you can't let go, I'll suggest you try and work things out or find some some sort of closure coz a life lived in regret is not a life lived well.

Wait a sec. . . what am I doing? Since when do I give advice on love? Jeebus, this site is turning me into something else and I'm not sure if I like it. Okay, time to go murder someone.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Sisikill: 3:59pm On Sep 04, 2008
bettes:

@sistawoman: Your story is so romantic i can read it over and over again, though i felt your husband over-reacted. i am happy you got back together and what can be better than make up sex.

Awww! That is such a sweet thing to say. Okay now you tell us yours. wink
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by bluespice(f): 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2008
Sisikill:

@ Bluespice
First the Morbidness, now the Lovelessness. . . are you sure we are not twins? By the way, I think someone is trying to romance you (oh la la). I can see how you missed it, I was like that too. They could be wearing their hearts on their sleeves and all I'll say is. . . "Oh Blood! Nice" cheesy

sisi u never know these things wink
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by swazi: 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2008
@sisi

Well I guess at times you can only try that much.I must admit I miss him at times, well most of the time, but right now I need to be alone. sad

I guess I needed to hear I love u much sooner to get me to stay.He has commitment issues, and this is his journey not mine.He needs to realise how much he truly loves me on his own.

Our lives are empty without each other cry, but if it mean to be , it will be. undecided
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by sistawoman: 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2008
kay9:

You are welcomed, dear. Just tell your hobby that he should start appreciating what he has. . . before he loses it. Love can only take so much knocks, you know. Tell him "KAY9" said so! smiley

@Sisikill: Thanks for keeping the section alive.

I let him read what i wrote and the responses to it. He told me to tell you that he will never make this mistake again, that a better woman could not be found in the world and that he is never going to let me forget how much he loves, adores and appreciates me.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by sistawoman: 6:34pm On Sep 05, 2008
bettes:

Thanks
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by vescucci(m): 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2008
gawd!!!!!!
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Suzzilla(f): 4:29am On Sep 07, 2008
Has anyone seen the TV show Bob & Rose? I know it's not real, but it's the most genuine and unrehearsed romance that I have ever seen! (And also very funny).
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by seund1: 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2008
Guys You won't beleive this.!
CLICK THIS LINK TO VISIT: http://depacco.com/pages/index.php?refid=ifystallon
Signup as a member And get paid $100 instantly to your Egold or Paypal.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus / The Heart � Robber / Boredom Made Me Do It (A Lesbian Story).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.