Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,718 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:38 AM

Starting A Music Studio - Music Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Starting A Music Studio (71922 Views)

Cost Of Setting Up A Standard Music Studio In Ibadan. / Allstars Music Studio, Orile Iganmu, Lagos N5000 For A Music Section, Marketing / How To Become A Music Producer For Famous Artistes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Music Studio by ChynoBEATS: 10:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
johncozy: i'd like to converse more with you sir....can u give me ur number(whatsapp),dis is mine sha 08092287382 thanks!
here's mine 08094767322
Re: Starting A Music Studio by orbablessing(f): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
Open the link you see what u re looking for HERE http://topnaijamusic.com/?p=21523 follw @sunshadew

Re: Starting A Music Studio by davidudenna: 2:01am On Sep 26, 2014
bionicman: I need an Audiophile 24/96 sound card , i will like to know if i can get it in computer village , any information or where can i get a good sound card that i can use to capture audio when recording from my PC .

Can i get it in computer village?
Visit www.profityan.com for details on starting various business in nigeria witout startup capital
Re: Starting A Music Studio by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 06, 2014
hilli666:
Starting a Music recording studio is no joke. It is one of the most daunting experiences ever, but if done right the rewards (sonically) is break taking.

The first thing is location. When opening a studio you should find a location far from the hustle and bustle of the city. External noise can ruin a great recording, plus artist tend to be more creative in a peacefull environment.

Now that you have found you location. (in a nice quite suburb i.e somewhere far from Lagos) the next thing is sound proofing. buy egg crates or auralex and sound proof the entire studio. The studio should be divided into three room. The lobby, the control room and the sound room.
The lobby where Friends and family or artist will wait during a recroding session
The control room where you would house all audio equipment.
The recording room where artist would record and instrumentalist can play.

Now you have the lay out it is time to talk equipment. Mics, Mixers, Compressors, equalizer, DE-essers, cables, pre amps, computers, audio interfaces, monitors, effects racks and the list could go on forever.

Now depending on you budget you could spend Millions of dollars, or you could choose to spend a little more on the imp rotant items.

For a mic go with a Nuemann u87. they run about $2000 to $3000
For mixer the Euphonix is great (especially with is sweet sounding preamp and on board compressors) but they would run you almost $30,000.00 dollars
Alternative you can go purely digital and skip the mixer altogether. This mean you will need a good audio inter face with multiple inputs. 12 stereo pairs minimum. The emu 1820m is a good one (if they sill make it)
Then cables (nothing else but mogami cables. these are the best audio cable in the game)
don't forget you pre amp. the best pre-amp is the Avalons. they run about $2000 dollar but it is worth it. Or you could settle for cheaper tube pre- amps.
Now monitor is the most important item in any studio. just ask any sound engineer. Spare no expense here. Yamaha makes a very good affordable Monitoring system that come with a sub (to effectively measure those troubling low end) This should run you about @1500

OH and a computer with lots of memory, a high end graphics card, and 2.6ghz quad core processor. The software is use is sonar. that because I have used it my entire life. You could use protools.( it would be easier to share production with other studio because every body uses protools)

I was in the process of moving my recording studio to Nigeria, but changed my mind last minute. I make more money here and better security. No pun intended.
Thanks
.. I love ur write up.. I use Fl studio. In making beats.and i'm preetty good @ it.. Wah software do u use and i need tutorials too! Tanks!
Re: Starting A Music Studio by ChynoBEATS: 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2014
enemoney:
.. I love ur write up.. I use Fl studio. In making beats.and i'm preetty good @ it.. Wah software do u use and i need tutorials too! Tanks!
........ Dude getting tutorials is easy....... Just download dem....

1 Like

Re: Starting A Music Studio by Odunlamie: 11:21am On Nov 12, 2014
Do you want to perform for the major players in the music industry? Industry showcases can be very helpful when shopping for a deal. They can get your Band and your music to exactly the "right" ears in the industry. We will find hot music shows and concerts for you all over the country that will pay you good money just to perform. There are opportunities galore all year long and we can help you submit your music to the right people. You will also have the opportunity to perform to large number of audience which with no doubt will boost your fan base. Please note that we charge a 10% agent fee from your show performance fee. I.e if you are paid #100,000 for a show we find for you,#10,000 will be the agent fee. Ping 22A09C58 or Contact 08092768976 for more enquiries
Re: Starting A Music Studio by paulwhiz: 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hello nairalanders , recently I have been looking for real websites that actually offer freebies to people and I came across this www.freerechargepins.tk
This website offers free recharge card pins in exchange for social shares. I have tried it and got up to 15 thousand naira credit.
There are some steps to be taken though to successfully use the site
1) go to www.freerechargepins.tk
2) because of so many users of this site . you will have to prove your human by clicking on skip ad at the top right hand corner
3) choose your network provider
4) click on one of the social share buttons and share
5) wait patiently the site is used by so many people it will take seconds to load
6) enjoy your recharge airtime

No more cheating from network providers ! smiley
Re: Starting A Music Studio by SOjaTHug(m): 2:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
If you think u can do something with me, most especially RAP RESURRECTION in nigeria.. I'm hardcore and I can do party bangers too... After listening to this Pls contact me on calls: 07052372106. Whatsapp : 08069271881. email: thugsoja@gmail.com. Bbm 28D9B0A4

Important notice : this recording was done by a home use only sofware. IT IS NOT A STUDIO WORK
FILE REMOVED FOR PERSONAL REASONS...... CONTACT ME TO GET THE LINK TO IT
Re: Starting A Music Studio by sammyerickson89: 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
For ur recordings production mixing and mastering. If u can sing. Contact us 07054242027
Re: Starting A Music Studio by Posd: 7:51am On May 10, 2015
Dope tune: Woju Remix (Mapoly Version) - Rio x Flowz x Drey (WCG)... follow this link to download this hot MAPOLY Jamz: http://mapolyinfo..com/2015/05/woju-remix-mapoly-version-rio-x-flowz-x.html

Re: Starting A Music Studio by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 14, 2015
sammyerickson89:
For ur recordings production mixing and mastering. If u can sing. Contact us 07054242027

how much is your bookings?
Re: Starting A Music Studio by zainabxel(f): 10:16am On May 15, 2015
I've travelled to a couple of states around the country now and I've noticed how folks have been getting down dancing to this song titled Kan bala'I, it is fast becoming a hit...I just traced the download link, yall check it out

http://alonetone.com/thrilllz/tracks

http://alonetone.com/thrilllz/tracks/thrillzz_kambalayi-ft-promphizy.mp3
Re: Starting A Music Studio by SpyCies: 1:12am On Jun 23, 2015
Nezan:

i.e just the gist of everything

nice one bro
Re: Starting A Music Studio by olhrt: 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
New sound from my hommie, slap me if u don't enjoy it grin

https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/21928
Re: Starting A Music Studio by mrbqng(m): 12:13am On Jul 01, 2015
This song is from fellow nairaland SLIMFEEZ as he refix VECTOR kingkong download and see how he murder vector handsdown with his sick flow and punchlines #vector tweet the guy to even commend him. https://my.notjustok.com/site/search/q/slimfeez

Re: Starting A Music Studio by teevibez(m): 1:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
DO A Professional Website with us today @ affordable price.......Call: 07030486879

1 Like

Re: Starting A Music Studio by tayeolusola: 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2015
Are you looking for a music producer with guarantee hit songs in any genre of music such as hiphop, dancehall, afro pop, rnb, gospel including PROFESSIONAL mixing and mastering of songs.
whatsapp no +2348024019195
follow on twitter and IG @TayeOlusola

1 Like

Re: Starting A Music Studio by daroyal1: 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
I'm an upcoming artist known as Big G. I have been in the music industry for a while so just decided to share some useful information with other music lovers like myself. I know in the music industry it can be quite challenging to get quality music production. If you're looking for Quality Sound and High Standard music production you should check out Goldmyne Studios. They're music production is fantastic. They are at 6b dalberto road, palmgrove estate lagos. Here's the number as well 08084579999. They also do really good music videos and can help with promotion. Thank me later.
Re: Starting A Music Studio by SSBOtaru(m): 9:37am On Aug 10, 2015
This song was produced, voiced, mixed, mastered and the video was also made in a single laptop! Is all about skills not mega studio equipment! This song is accepted world wide and is on itune, amazon, muzu.tv, vevo and over 50 online shop world wide! Just ask Google and u will see how far this song has gone!

Start small and improve with time!

Watch and check out the quality!
For more info goto

www.ssbotaru.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leDmNFC6kxI
Re: Starting A Music Studio by padypadyng(m): 8:09am On Aug 21, 2015
The secret behind timaya's success is just how much he praises God: PLAY> HALLELUJAH By Timaya http://m.padypady.com/goPrn

BUY: Used HP LaserJet P2055d Printer For N18,000 Only http://m.padypady.com/XF9CR

Padypady.com is where you can promote your works, upload your music, videos, sales ad and it enables easy sharing on social media with its inbuilt short URL system and quick load time and 100% user friendly interface. Join now and enjoy greater possibilities
Re: Starting A Music Studio by newsdey(m): 9:57am On Aug 25, 2015
babsjnr:
hello guys, my name is tunde from united kingdom, i'm coming back home soon 2 start my own dj studio in ojota but i'm just looking for sum1 with gud sence of humour 2 start the bussines together with him age between 18-30 money no be problem but i'm just looking bussiness partnership dis my 07775496393 tunde.thanks

I will like to know more about you
whatsapp number 08035173008
email address newsdey.com@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Music Studio by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 18, 2015
To all upcoming Artists(i-Promote Context) ....... www.blissblaze.com/2015/09/to-all-upcoming-artistsi-promote.html?m=1
Re: Starting A Music Studio by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2015
Music Distribution

Re: Starting A Music Studio by freezyfofo(m): 10:50am On Sep 29, 2015
freezy fofo is a music producer based in lagos. he had been a producer since 2004 when he was working with a producer name 20loves in ikorodu. he read computer science at gateway polytechnic Ogun State. he is now fully taking music production as a full time work, helping artist achieve their aim with little capitals.

https://www.google.com/search?q=freezy+fofo&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Re: Starting A Music Studio by SSBOtaru(m): 10:51am On Oct 13, 2015
Make vevo channel, make money, make fame!
dont wait for a record deal as an upcoming artist, start making dollars today using your skills ,
create a vevo channel and get paid for views.....
bellow is a video guide, and bellow the video is a link to create your vevo channel now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWxKdU5yjBg

create your vevo channel from the link bellow;

https://dashboard.vydia.com?r=ef3355
Re: Starting A Music Studio by Flexzy01(m): 12:04am On Oct 14, 2015
Vey intereting topic.... Every nairaland, how do one gat a partner for this entertainment business?? Thank you...
Re: Starting A Music Studio by Isholaoni: 4:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
Promo! Promo!! Promo!!!
Record a song for as low as #7000,which is of good standard with quality production and shoot your musical video for as low as #46000 with quality standard guaranteed....hurry now....
NOTE
Promo starts on the 15th of October and ends on the 1st of December,2015.
For more info,call 09098639991 or whatsapp 07032617747.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fruity Loops Rap Beats /hiphop Instrumental Maker .free Download.thank Me Later / New Record Label: Searching For Talented Nigerians / New Record Label Looking To Sign Up 5 Talented Upcoming Artists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.