Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? (1838 Views)

15 "Hard" Truth All Single Ladies Should Know About MEN.. / Roommate Is Sleeping With Our Landlord, Should I Tell The Landlord’s Wife? / Is Possible To Disvirgin A Girl Without Bleeding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by coolruler(m): 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2008
Is it possible/advisable to tell the absolute truth all the time, especially in a relationship?
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by hollandis(f): 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2008
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by whitelexi(m): 1:18pm On Aug 27, 2008
Yes, i always do. . . I dont place potential outcomes ahead of truth - i say the truth and forget what happens after. Surely, everybody can do that.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2008
whitelexi:

Yes, i always do. . . I don't place potential outcomes ahead of truth - i say the truth and forget what happens after. Surely, everybody can do that.

Thats a lie!! You cant possibly tell the truth all the time. You might not always lie outrightly, but you cant always tell the whole thruth. It's not even advisable.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by Thor(m): 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2008
YES it is, or am I telling the truth?

No, Yes, Ok you decide grin grin grin
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by spikedcylinder: 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2008
It is possible but very very very hard.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by whitelexi(m): 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2008
Ujujoan:

Thats a lie!! You can't possibly tell the truth all the time. You might not always lie outrightly, but you can't always tell the whole thruth. It's not even advisable.

Sorry love, my upbringing was based on extremely strict rules about telling lies, so as a baby i was already telling the truth regularly - i had to! Not when u're the last born tongue
Old habits die hard, i have lived with it since and besides i realised it was not a bad thing so i stuck to it tooo.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by emmyjojo(m): 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2008
lying is an habitual action,so is telling the truth,and habits can be learnt. but u must also learn to b diplomatic wit words.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by ztyle(m): 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2008
Say the truth and its shall set u free?  cool
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2008
emmyjojo:

lying is an habitual action,so is telling the truth,and habits can be learnt. but u must also learn to b diplomatic wit words.

Thats my point. You dont have to lie outrightly to tell a lie.

Secnario: I go out on a date with this guy I just met and like; we run into an old friend of mine who happens to be a friend of his also.
My date: Hey guy, long time no see.
Friend: What's up wiv u?
My date: Nothing much ( turns to make the introductions). This is . . .
Me: Dont worry, we've met, we used to work together. Hi John.
Friend: Hey girl. You look even better than I can remember. the conversation continues bla, bla, bla

And we move on . . .

My Date: Nice guys.
Me: Yea, he is
My date: He had this look in his eyes when he looked at you, did you date him?
Me: Nope, but we were really close back then; but no strings attached.

There's no way you'd expect me to tell him that I had to work overnight with the guy one time and one thing led to anoda and . . . Please note that I did not actually date the guy, so I dint lie; but technically, I wasnt telling the truth.

So Whitelexi, tell me you'd be 'honest' enough to say . . . I didnt date hime, but I had sex with him once.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by ssRhino: 5:15pm On Aug 27, 2008
Nope
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by coolruler(m): 10:38am On Aug 28, 2008
Ujujoan:

Thats my point. You don't have to lie outrightly to tell a lie.

Secnario: I go out on a date with this guy I just met and like; we run into an old friend of mine who happens to be a friend of his also.
My date: Hey guy, long time no see.
Friend: What's up with u?
My date: Nothing much ( turns to make the introductions). This is . . .
Me: Dont worry, we've met, we used to work together. Hi John.
Friend: Hey girl. You look even better than I can remember. the conversation continues bla, bla, bla

And we move on . . .

My Date: Nice guys.
Me: Yea, he is
My date: He had this look in his eyes when he looked at you, did you date him?
Me: Nope, but we were really close back then; but no strings attached.

There's no way you'D expect me to tell him that I had to work overnight with the guy one time and one thing led to another and . . . Please note that I did not actually date the guy, so I dint lie; but technically, I wasnt telling the truth.

So Whitelexi, tell me you'D be 'honest' enough to say . . . I didnt date hime, but I had sex with him once.

lovely post Uju

See, thats exactly what I'm talking about. My girl wants me to swear I will always tell her the absolute truth no matter what. She's quite willing to tell me evrything in her past, including her love life, but I'm not too keen on knowing.

She's translating this reluctance on my part as evidence that I am secretive, and not to be trusted since I'm not willing to tell her the truth about me.
I've told her what I think she should know, but she wants everything, especially my love life before I met her.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by MrCrackles(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2008
No, not possible!
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by spikedcylinder: 11:16am On Aug 28, 2008
coolruler:

lovely post Uju

See, thats exactly what I'm talking about. My girl wants me to swear I will always tell her the absolute truth no matter what. She's quite willing to tell me evrything in her past, including her love life, but I'm not too keen on knowing.

She's translating this reluctance on my part as evidence that I am secretive, and not to be trusted since I'm not willing to tell her the truth about me.
I've told her what I think she should know, but she wants everything, especially my love life before I met her.

That makes you one of the very few.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by Moyola(f): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2008
"All d time"!!!!! no!

there're sumtymz one kant help it! undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by coolruler(m): 11:34am On Aug 28, 2008
spikedcylinder:

That makes you one of the very few.

@spiked
why should I want to know? To me, thats giving myself unnecessary grief. I believe the past is better kept where it belongs.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by whitelexi(m): 11:38am On Aug 28, 2008
Ujujoan:

So Whitelexi, tell me you'D be 'honest' enough to say . . . I didnt date her, but I had sex with her once.

I don't know why Uju is picking on me, i've made my position clear. In the scenario u mentioned. . .  u can claim to have been diplomatic or to have been exaggerating a little bit, but in my dictionary, u told a lie. Saying u worked with him or u were close is not the entire truth. a better way to put it should've been:

"we worked together at a time and had this crush for each other, we didnt particularly date but in a moment of madness [one night when we had to work overnight], we had sex. . .  After that day, we avoided each other and i guess it died there."

This might be harder for u as a woman, but if u truly want to know, the answer is "YES", i would've mentioned we had sex.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by iice(f): 11:56am On Aug 28, 2008
Hmmm i try to avoid lying. I usually just say i don't want to talk about it right now, ask me another time. That does not mean i will lie when he asks me later. When am in the mood to talk about it, sure even if its not pretty i'l tell. If am not in the mood to tell, you wont get anything out of me, truth or lies - nada.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by spikedcylinder: 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2008
whitelexi:

I don't know why Uju is picking on me, i've made my position clear. In the scenario u mentioned. . . u can claim to have been diplomatic or to have been exaggerating a little bit, but in my dictionary, u told a lie. Saying u worked with him or u were close is not the entire truth. a better way to put it should've been:

"we worked together at a time and had this crush for each other, we didnt particularly date but in a moment of madness [one night when we had to work overnight], we had sex. . . After that day, we avoided each other and i guess it died there."
This might be harder for u as a woman, but if u truly want to know, the answer is "YES", i would've mentioned we had sex.

That would really be telling a lot and it might have cost her that man which would definately be the case if he is the close minded sort who would like to believe the woman he's with hasnt been sexually active before him. Some men really cant bear that thought you know.

coolruler:

@spiked
why should I want to know? To me, thats giving myself unnecessary grief. I believe the past is better kept where it belongs.

Very good for you! But I think you should understand why she want to know it all. . . . I guess she wants you to be honest and straight with her which might help her with her security issues. . . . or something like that.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by whitelexi(m): 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2008
spikedcylinder:

That would really be telling a lot and it might have cost her that man which would definately be the case if he is the close minded sort who would like to believe the woman he's with hasnt been sexually active before him. Some men really can't bear that thought you know.

It could cost her the man: If he's a boy, yes thats possible. . . Almost every man has has a quickie that is not very plausible and often quite embarrassing, but its best for the guy to know from her rather than hooking up with the guy later and hearing from him. . . That will even help him make up his mind quicker about her.

Men who like to know a woman has not been sexually active before him: I seriously dont like to know that i'm dealing with someone of little or no experience, perhaps men of that category exist in sizeable numbers - i dont know. As long as u spare me all the shenanigans about how it happened and so and so, i dont mind knowing that u slept with a few men.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by spikedcylinder: 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2008
whitelexi:

As long as u spare me all the shenanigans about how it happened and so and so, i don't mind knowing that u slept with a few men.

What if it is a sizeable number of men? Would you still stay with her if she told you?
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by Pataki: 1:11pm On Aug 28, 2008
spikedcylinder:

What if it is a sizeable number of men? Would you still stay with her if she told you?

YES. However she do have to convince me that her change is total.

I would place her on a trial period, any slip from her. . . . . . .
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by whitelexi(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2008
Pataki:

YES. However she do have to convince me that her change is total.

I would place her on a trial period, any slip from her. . . . . . .

Exactement! Mais seulement si elle a une histoire ou la promiscuité

Exactly! But only if she has a history of promiscuity
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by tope2000(f): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2008
I avoid to lie but sumtimes you just help it with those little white lies tongue
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by Pataki: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2008
tope2000:

I avoid to lie but sumtimes you just help it with those little white lies tongue
No wonder.

whitelexi:

C'est vrai mon ami.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by tope2000(f): 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2008
Pataki:

No wonder.

no wonder what??
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by spikedcylinder: 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2008
whitelexi:

Since when did have a number of sexual partners equal promiscuity?  
I mean, she could have been faithful to each person, one at a time.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by Pataki: 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2008
tope2000:

no wonder what??
You keep fabricating those lies for me. sad sad sad angry
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2008
whitelexi:

I don't know why Uju is picking on me, i've made my position clear. In the scenario u mentioned. . .  u can claim to have been diplomatic or to have been exaggerating a little bit, but in my dictionary, u told a lie. Saying u worked with him or u were close is not the entire truth. a better way to put it should've been:

"we worked together at a time and had this crush for each other, we didnt particularly date but in a moment of madness [one night when we had to work overnight], we had sex. . .  After that day, we avoided each other and i guess it died there."

Guess what, that actually happened to me, and I made the stupid mistake of telling him. I’ll continue the gist the way it happened to me

My date:  . . . So did you date him.
Me: No.
My date: You know what honey, I like you, really I do, but I hate lies and I think you just told one
Me: C’mon, I dint actually date him
My date: you dint ‘actually’ date him, so what did you ‘actually’ do?
Me: Okay, we had to stay over one day at the office, and I just broke up with my guy and was in a very lousy mood; I told him about it and he tried to console me. One thing led to another and . . .  but of course it was meaningless. He’s a good friend to me and I respect him a lot. So you see, I dint actually lie to you, I didn’t date him.
My date: No wonder he had this 'i've been down with you girl' attitude imagine that !!!

He claimed it didn’t matter to him, but I knew it did. The r/ship didn’t work out and today I hate myself for ever telling him. So I made up my mind never to tell again. Of course the guy’s a jerk, but hey its second nature to guys.

whitelexi:

It could cost her the man: If he's a boy, yes thats possible. . . Almost every man has has a quickie that is not very plausible and often quite embarrassing, but its best for the guy to know from her rather than hooking up with the guy later and hearing from him. . . That will even help him make up his mind quicker about her.

Aint they all boys  wink
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by iykedee: 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2008
Hard as it is, it very possible.
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by spikedcylinder: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2008
Ujujoan:

Guess what, that actually happened to me, and I made the stupid mistake of telling him. I’ll continue the gist the way it happened to me

My date:  . . . So did you date him.
Me: No.
My date: You know what honey, I like you, really I do, but I hate lies and I think you just told one
Me: C’mon, I dint actually date him
My date: you dint ‘actually’ date him, so what did you ‘actually’ do?
Me: Okay, we had to stay over one day at the office, and I just broke up with my guy and was in a very lousy mood; I told him about it and he tried to console me. One thing led to another and . . .  but of course it was meaningless. He’s a good friend to me and I respect him a lot. So you see, I dint actually lie to you, I didn’t date him.
My date: No wonder he had this 'i've been down with you girl' attitude imagine that !!!

He claimed it didn’t matter to him, but I knew it did. The r/ship didn’t work out and today I hate myself for ever telling him. So I made up my mind never to tell again. Of course the guy’s a jerk, but hey its second nature to guys.

You see?? It DID cost her the man.

Moral lesson? Always stay mute. Even if he asks what you wonno eat for dinner, stay mute because who knows? He might just hate the way you say "Chicken". . . . thinking you may have "been" with the chicken. undecided undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time? by whitelexi(m): 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2008
spikedcylinder:

You see?? It DID cost her the man.

Moral lesson? Always stay mute. Even if he asks what you wonno eat for dinner, stay mute because who knows? He might just hate the way you say "Chicken". . . . thinking you may have "been" with the chicken. undecided undecided

It did cost her the boy - i think its fortunate for her.

Aint they all boys
No they aint all boys tongue

@Spiked: Now the puzzle makes sense. I now see how we're related tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Access Denied For The 5th Time / Help Girls Are Always Having A Crush On Me: / Listen To My Story Ohhh: Pls Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.