Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,724 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? (6598 Views)

Am I Wrong Fighting My Husband's Younger Brother's Side Chick? / How To Live With a contentious woman / Should I Greet & Call My Husband's Younger Sister 'Aunty'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by chisomquee: 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2008
pls can the house contribute.
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by pspeak: 9:36pm On Aug 28, 2008
I wouldn't encourage it. But if you must, you should have a non-threatening talk with your spouse, so he can lay down certain rules before any problem arises. But you, too, must also take a large pill of patience and be ready for some occasional unpleasant situations in the days ahead.
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by Afribiz(f): 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2008
It's not a taboo for one to live with her husband's sister, it's just that in most cases, it usually end up with unpleasant cases grin.

Personally, i'm not ready to live my husband's sister, cousin or niece. I've tried that before and have learnt my lessons. They are nothing but home breakers grin grin
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by MrCrackles(m): 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2008
Afribiz:

It's not a taboo for one to live with her husband's sister, it's just that in most cases, it usually end up with unpleasant cases grin.

Personally, i'm not ready to live my husband's sister, cousin or niece. I've tried that before and have learnt my lessons. They are nothing but home breakers grin grin

U harsh ooo Sista!! grin
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by ssRhino: 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2008
Afribiz:

Would u allow ur sister, cousin or nephew to live with you and your husband?
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by tope2000(f): 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2008
with her reply i highly doubt that undecided
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by ssRhino: 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2008
tope2000:

with her reply i highly doubt that undecided

Dont be too sure, so i will wait and read what she got to say.
Personally, i have no problem living with anyone, as long as the person is not a nuisance, and not trying to make my house a family house, cos my house will be for me, my wife, and my children alone, anyone is free to reside with us, but never permanent.
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by tope2000(f): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2008
$$Rhino:

Dont be too sure, so i will wait and read what she got to say.
Personally, i have no problem living with anyone, as long as the person is not a nuisance, and not trying to make my house a family house, because my house will be for me, my wife, and my children alone, anyone is free to reside with us, but never permanent.

ok but i still have my doubt cheesy
I agree with everything else you say though
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by chiogo(f): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2008
@topic, No, I wouldn't want to live with my husband's younger sister or any other relatives.

And i wouldn't want my own relatives to come live with me in my husband's house! Thank God, i don't even

have a younger sister, I'm the last child in my family. tongue
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by ssRhino: 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2008
chiogo:

@topic, No, I wouldn't want to live with my husband's younger sister or any other relatives.

And i wouldn't want my own relatives to come live with me in my husband's house! Thank God, i don't even

have a younger sister, I'm the last child in my family. tongue

will u allow ur relatives or that of ur husband to reside with u temporarily for say 3 months?
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by tope2000(f): 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2008
i bet she'll prolly say yes to that, but to be its not easy to live with ones husband or wife but most esp husband relatives oooo
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by chiogo(f): 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2008
$$Rhino:

will u allow your relatives or that of your husband to reside with u temporarily for say 3 months?
L0L, why would they want to reside with me temporarily? Well, if they have a tangible reason for that. Then, yes.

Visits is more like it. Like visiting for a week or so, no problem with that. When you allow these people to stay too

long, they won't wanna leave again and then, you end up with them permanently. It will take a miracle to get

them to leave. cheesy
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by MadMax1(f): 3:44pm On Aug 29, 2008
No relatives'll inhabit my marriage,whether it's his or mine. Visit for as long as you like. But live together? No frigging way. It almost always opens avenues for stuff you wouldn't wish on anyone.You're not only supposed to learn from your mistakes, you're supposed to learn from other people's as well.
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by coolier(f): 4:17pm On Aug 29, 2008
This question is rather confusing, do you mean I get married to my husband and he takes me to live with his younger sister or can his younger sister live with us in our home?

I'll answer both: first question - No way! be it with younger or older sister or any of his relatives for that matter - as in I would never go and live with them. I married my husband so I should be with him not them.

2. I would allow any of his sisters or relatives to live with us so long as they are not mischief makers. As soon as I suspect they are I send them packing.
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by chisomquee: 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2008
what do you do to a husband that always tell you lies?
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by chisomquee: 5:00pm On Aug 29, 2008
what do you do to a husband that always tell you lies?
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by MissyB1(m): 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2008
Nah,i wouldn't want to live wit ma hubby's relatives.We can alwaz get her an apartment.
And yea!!same applies to ma relatives.
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by ima1(f): 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2008
oh i did live with my husband's younger sister for like 4 months, everything was going well until i have no idea what happened but she became kinda mean to me, maybe it was because i was depending on her for everything after moving to a new city without my husband present, so i tried to keep to myself and mind my own business, i got a job, and started to work more hours at work so they don't see me all the time, i left for work at 6am came back at 11pm, until i got an appartment and moved out, where i forgot to give her my new address which made things worse to the point i had an arguement with my husband over the whole mess, so i wouldn't advice any new wife to do that, except if she is best friends with her husband's sister.
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by MissyB1(m): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2008
See what i mean?
They are jst bound to misbehave.Its only normal.

I can't!!!
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by Afribiz(f): 10:03am On Sep 01, 2008
$$Rhino:

Would u allow your sister, cousin or nephew to live with you and your husband?

Loud NO
A home is made up of a Husband, Wife and the Children. Every other person is a foreign body. So i would only allow reasonable visits from both my people and my husband's people.

@Brash, I didn't know i was harsh smiley, i was only answering the poster's question from my heart.
There's this unfairness from the man's extended family towards the wife. They tend to see her as a stranger that suddenly surfaced to colonise their brother/cousin/uncle/nephew, as the case might be. They therefore complain and gossip about her to everyone that cares to listen; causing commotion in that family. A couple that doesn't handle this with maturity might end up being shattered.

Presently, I'm not living with any of my husband's relatives, and I'm not planning to, not in my wildest dream.
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by busybody20: 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2008
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by KarmaMod(f): 3:51pm On Sep 01, 2008
No.
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by Afribiz(f): 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2008
busybody20:

and to make matters wrong, hubby didnt see anything wrong with it!

That's usually the case. Even if they eventually manage to see, they hardly take bold steps to correct and put an end to the whole rubbish. 
                             [s]Don't know if it's foolishness or cawordice [/s] undecided
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by sistawoman: 2:29pm On Sep 02, 2008
I will not live with my husband and any other woman. Women tend to get along for the most part until one or both are PMSing. Women fight and disagree and things tend to turn physical. The last thing i want to have to do is knock his sister in the face and cause her to loose a couple of teeth. He might not forgive me for that.

Shit if i will beat the living hell out my own sister what makes you think i wont do it to his. There can only be one Queen Bee in my house and that is me. Visit for a while, until your welcome is gone, then leave. I am not going to open my home to open ended visits even my sister has a timeline, she has 2 weeks max, as long as she comes to visit after PMS. Any more time over 2 weeks and she is libel to get cused the hell out.
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by iice(f): 3:26pm On Sep 02, 2008
If she's anything like me or my sis, yes!
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by ssRhino: 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2008
But sometimes, it is just normal for families to visit and spend some time with you.
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by busybody20: 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2008
$$Rhino:

But sometimes, it is just normal for families to visit and spend some time with you.

There's a difference between visiting and living permanently with someone

yeah, families can come visiting; however they shouldnt over stay; thereby becoming illegal immigrants, lol grin
Re: Can You Live With Your Husband's Younger Sister? by ssRhino: 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2008
busybody20:

There's a difference between visiting and living permanently with someone

yeah, families can come visiting; however they shouldnt over stay; thereby becoming illegal immigrants, lol grin

I am sure anyone in their right mind wont wanna come and camp at your house too, cos they wont have freedom and everyone loves freedom.
So they could come and hang out with you and your family for some weeks, but wont come and reside there now, haba.

(1) (Reply)

Men Plis Stop This Its Embarassing / Was I Wrong? / I Love My Wife. I Caught My Bestfriend bedding Her, Should I Divorce Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.