Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,123 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh (3218 Views)

Unbelievable! Read How Much Politicians Get For Visiting Aso Rock / VIDEO: Politicians Get VIOLENT At National Assembly!! (throwback!!) / Ekiti Teachers Get N144m Vehicle, Housing Loans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by vanuchi(m): 8:44am On Sep 02, 2008
it is amazing the kind of insensitivity displayed by our leaders on a daily bases. Teachers went on strike for almost six weeks, putting pupils at home and in the street, in order to get a mere 27% raise in salaray from our leaders. but it took the same leaders less than two meeting to approve a 100% increment in wages for themselves. May God help us, as for me I call for Civil Disobedience and Mass Protest against these fools

WWW.EFIZI.COM
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by vicero(m): 10:02am On Sep 02, 2008
See, this politicians are crooks, demons, i mean its so insensitive. I heard our senators collect close to 300k per meal everyday, when an average Nigerian doesn't even spend close to 2000 NGN on a three square meal daily, See i think this whole democracy thing is crap, whats the difference btwn them and military rulers, ? at least during military regime, we new who those taking all the money and we knew the policies in place, but now, ? God will deliver us o, I believe the only way we can deliver ourselves from this selfish, self centered people, is to put pressure on them to take a pay cut, or the whole nation shld go on strike demanding a general increase of close to 60% for everyone, yes cripple the economy, so they know that without the masses, they can not see such money they are spending anyhow without working for.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by ssRhino: 6:57pm On Sep 02, 2008
I am surprised that you are worried about this.
This happens anywhere in da world, and not just in Nigeria, it has happened in Canada, and cant remember, but i am sure if the law makers in da USA needs a raise, wont take too long, they are the ones that will vote on it, and who hates more money? No one.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by bilymuse: 7:15pm On Sep 02, 2008
Teachers reward is in heaven, they need not bother about percentage rise.

Politicians reward is here , on earth, and they intend to get the maximum benefit.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by ssRhino: 7:16pm On Sep 02, 2008
bilymuse:

Teachers reward is in heaven, they need not bother about percentage rise.

Politicians reward is here , on earth, and they intend to get the maximum benefit.

I love that, no wonder i have never consider being a teacher
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by blackspade(m): 11:52pm On Sep 02, 2008
This is why our great Naija has the problems it does. embarassed Our leaders are always looking out for themselves before the people.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by Scopium: 5:15pm On Sep 05, 2008
[size=13pt]That's why you can't see me barbecue myself to vote. It's a useless system.[/size]
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by Lady2(f): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2008
This happens anywhere in da world, and not just in Nigeria, it has happened in Canada, and can't remember, but i am sure if the law makers in da USA needs a raise, wont take too long, they are the ones that will vote on it, and who hates more money? No one.

oh believe, the US does it too.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by darfur(m): 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2008
this country makes me sad.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by kufreabasi(m): 5:52pm On Sep 05, 2008
vicero:

See, this politicians are crooks, demons, i mean its so insensitive. I heard our senators collect close to 300k per meal everyday, when an average Nigerian doesn't even spend close to 2000 NGN on a three square meal daily, See i think this whole democracy thing is crap, whats the difference btwn them and military rulers, ? at least during military regime, we new who those taking all the money and we knew the policies in place, but now, ? God will deliver us o, I believe the only way we can deliver ourselves from this selfish, self centered people, is to put pressure on them to take a pay cut, or the whole nation shld go on strike demanding a general increase of close to 60% for everyone, yes cripple the economy, so they know that without the masses, they can not see such money they are spending anyhow without working for.

you are right. but if not for our children to still be in the house doing nothing, i would have ask the teacher to embark on indefinite strike again.
what is 27% for nation builders?
imagine corrupt group with 100% for what?
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by bawomolo(m): 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2008
Scopium:

[size=13pt]That's why you can't see me barbecue myself to vote. It's a useless system.[/size]

how can u change the system if u don't use ur vote
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by ssRhino: 6:53pm On Sep 05, 2008
bawomolo:

how can u change the system if u don't use your vote

Does the votes in Nigeria really counts, let us be real
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by twinskenny(m): 7:06pm On Sep 05, 2008
Voting in Nigeria? are u guyz following up Nigeria politics? d u read how Mike tyson voted in Ondo state? the whole thing is a shame,
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by twinskenny(m): 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2008
Rhino voting doesnt count, the government used to overturn everything, i wont waste my time voting!
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by FBS: 7:10pm On Sep 05, 2008
sad, this is very sad! which way forward, Nigerians
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by idupaul: 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2008
The last time a vote counted in this country was NEVER.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by SeanT21(f): 7:22pm On Sep 05, 2008
twinskenny:

Voting in Nigeria? are u guys following up Nigeria politics? d u read how Mike tyson voted in Ondo state? the whole thing is a shame,

LMAO!!!
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by nedra: 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2008
nigeria, d second closest country to hell after iraq
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by SeanT21(f): 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2008
nedra:

I will die With Laughter!!!
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by princekevo(m): 9:35pm On Sep 05, 2008
kufreabasi:

you are right. but if not for our children to still be in the house doing nothing, i would have ask the teacher to embark on indefinite strike again.
what is 27% for nation builders?
imagine corrupt group with 100% for what?
.Well Nigerian teachers can only be well paid when those criminals called our leaders retrieve their children from schools in abroad back home to face the same thing those students in Nigeria are facing.Despite that teachers would always be treated as shit In that fucking Nigeria.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by Epiphany(m): 9:43pm On Sep 05, 2008
I am about to say that only God will help naija but, wait, wait, i have just seen a vision that God sef just dey look us to see what we naijas will come up with next, tongue
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by creamdream: 6:34am On Sep 06, 2008
the level of insensitivity of the government towards the issue was undisguised right from day one. it was obvious the govenment are not interested in teachers just their pockets, how unfortunenate
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by MrCrackles(m): 9:47am On Sep 06, 2008
nedra:

no, i think Nigeria is closer to hell then followed by Afghanistan and Iraq!! grin
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by AIRSUPPLY(m): 11:59am On Sep 06, 2008
; THAT IS THE VERY REASON WHY YAR ADUA IS SICK, ;

AFTER REFUSING TO INCREASE TEACHERS SALARY, HE WENT AHEAD AND INCREASE THAT OF LAW MAKERS, FOR DOING BAD TO THE TEACHERS, HE IS PAYING THE PRIZE OF BEING SICK NOW IN THE HOSPITAL, ; IF HE IS WISE, HE SHOULD ISSUE OUT AN ORDER IN HIS SICKBED TO INCREASE TEACHER'S SALARY AND DECREASE STUPID OLD LAWMAKERS SALARY, AND HE WILL BE HEALED OF HIS SICKNESS, INSTANTLY ;

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK, ?[/b]
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2008
What do you guys expect when we all sell our support to the highest bidder. These politicians spend outreageous amount of money to get there. How wont they recover their expenses and get gain Nigeria is a Country where people have sold out their conseinces. If Obasanjo goes to my villages and gives every family NGN30,000 each, they will vote for him even if his opponent is Obama  cheesy
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by anonimi: 3:25pm On Sep 06, 2008
and Fashola wants people to come back so they can earn pittance while himself, Tinubu and co are milking the country dry and sending their kids to schools abroad.
Who be MUGU Raise your hand to identify yourself please.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by kazeem4t(m): 11:04am On Sep 07, 2008
May Allah help us out of this mess
But I think i have an idea;
Lets go for civil demonstration
Better still question them
Allah will GUDJE THEM ALL
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by RichyBlacK(m): 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2008
Too much talk! Nothing is changing in that country Nigeria! Everyday complain, everyday complain! No action! Tomorrow, the hooligans in Abuja will increase their own pay by another 100% and decrease the pay for police, teachers, and doctors. And NOTHING will happen!

The unfortunate souls trapped in the geographic space referred to as Nigeria are:
1. Timid
2. Divided
3. Largely illiterate
4. Have no zeal to fight
5. Enjoy wallowing in self-pity

If the unfortunate souls keep complaining from now till Jesus Christ comes, nothing will happen, unless they stop complaining and start taking some serious actions. When they overcome their deficiencies outlined above, then they can storm Abuja and take-off the heads of those tyrannical kleptomaniacs that have sentenced them to live in perpetual penury!

They should be:
1. Bold
2. United
3. Educate themselves (especially on what governance is all about)
4. Be ready and willing to fight, and
5. Stop wallowing in self pity

They should organize a Six Million Man March (of course including women) to Abuja, and read those treacherous, leprous, malodorous and lecherous pigs in Abuja the riot act! All options must be on the table, including but not limited to: large-scale civil disobedience, taking over the National Assembly Complex, blocking all major roads in Abuja, etc.

Until they can do this
(or something similar), they should spare us the cries and shut the hell up!!!

Nonsense!!!
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by oraclefemi(m): 1:14pm On Sep 07, 2008
Who doesnt like money? i regret a lot when i read about the new magic our leaders do everytime, do they just waltz into central bank and pack money no ! I really wish we didnt gain independence till maybe 1990 that way we will have allowed the English to help our stupid black asses develop better but as always them Azikwes , Awos and the rest of them couldnt wait to exploit NIGERIA. SHAME ON YOU ALL !

By the way what do them senators do in the house sef to get such pay ? TALK TALK AND MORE USELESS TALK AND THEY GET PAID FOR IT ! EVEN DOCTORS THAT WILL SAVE THEIR ASSES FROM OVERFEEDING ON OUR MONEY ARENT PAID THAT MUCH. TO ALL DOCTORS IF ANY POLITICIAN COME FOR SERIOUS TREATMENT , TELL HIM OR HER THAT YOU ARE CHARGING HIM 100,000 PER HOUR IMMEDIATELY THEY SIT THEIR ASSES ON YOUR HOSPITAL BED CAUSE THEY WILL PAY!
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by inquisitiv: 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2008
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]NIGERIANS CANT WE CARRY OUR FLAGS AND PROTEST. ALL THESE TALKS AND NO ACTION[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by slyk2(m): 11:04am On Sep 08, 2008
he who pays the piper dictates the tune.
Re: Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh by carmelily: 12:48pm On Sep 08, 2008
continue to pay teachers peanuts and they'll continue to produce monkeys and politicians!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria: A Goat In Jail For Car Theft. / The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy / Worker's Strike And Its Effect On The Growth Of The Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.