Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

God Did Not Create Evil! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Did Not Create Evil! (1976 Views)

Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. / God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image / God Did "NOT" Create "ONLY" Adam But Many People - Obadiah777 Vs Goshen360 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Did Not Create Evil! by Ciaralover(f): 4:07am On Jul 01, 2006
why do people think God created evil, God didnt create evil, satan create evil, whe also gotta realize that the DEVIL has powers but his powers are not stronger than God, satan has powers to tempt Jesus like he did in the Bible, when 9/11 happen people where like where was God when it happen, the real question is where was u!!the thing is like this once u trust in God and make God to become your personal savior God prevents Bad stuff from happening to u, but once u leave God or turn your back on him he will also turn his back on u and the devil will take complete control of u!!if it wasnt fa god some of yall wouldnt have waken up this morning, or even have food on their table, no one can understand GOD all we need to do is just believe i him and draw nearer to him and he will draw closer to Us and make us understands him more!!I am tellin yall nairalanders the world is comming to an end, give yall life to Christ Bfore its too late or else on judgement day u know ur destination.To me it is just retarded that people dont believe there is a GOD, who gives u food to eat, who gives u job, who made u and everyone.God is love, eventhough there are people who dont believe in him and Hates him soo bad he still loves them can u believe that!!there are people all over the world who right now have turn their back on GOD and i feel right now that their are so many people on their way to hell, it might not be u but again maybe it is u!!I just wanna see what God haters will do if they stand in front of God on judgement day, they will have no excuse!!God is WONDERFUL and loving and i love him wit ma whole heart, i just wish u would tooo!!!Thanks, please dont get offended!!!
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by iice(f): 4:49am On Jul 01, 2006
Question? If Satan created evil, who created Satan? Don't tell me! He sprouted from nothing undecided

1 Like

Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by dbounddy(m): 6:07am On Jul 01, 2006
Whackie thread ,
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by Drusilla(f): 6:24am On Jul 01, 2006
Ciaralover,

I'm afraid that people think God created evil, because the bible says that God created evil.

God is loving but He is all powerful.

There is no way for evil to get into this world, unless God says it will be in this world.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by iice(f): 6:30am On Jul 01, 2006
Drusilla:

Ciaralover,
God is loving but He is all powerful.

There is no way for evil to get into this world, unless God says it will be in this world.

Exactly!!
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by Drusilla(f): 6:32am On Jul 01, 2006
iice,

The far more interesting question is:

How does God let evil get in this world?

The bible is clear about it but I do not think many Christians get it.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by Logical(m): 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2006
Misconceptions, Confusions,

When you cook food for example, and the food get spoiled, did you create the algae or whatever micro organisms that spoil the food? OK thats out of context, here we are using the relativity of the factors that brought about the properties of what we term as "evil". Am I correct?

Great, Did God create free will? Well according to Islamic teachings, Yes , you have a free will, you can decide to jump and you can decide not too, smiley, and so is the ability to choose on which choice to make, which means you were given the ability to jump and the ability to control yourself not to jump, so in fact you have the ability either to jump or not to jump.

Now what is evil?
Evil is simply the quality of being morally bad or wrong. Now is this a property?

Yes this is a property, So yes God created the evil property, at the same time, God created the good property.

Then also God created what we Muslims call, Free will (The choice property based on another property, conscious and feelings); the ability to make that choice based on your "feeling" property to which you have control too.

So the question is, by God creating that evil property, does it make God evil? No it does not.

As long as God created conscious, good, and free will, God just gave us the chance to be decisive in how we want our future(our after life) to be and there comes the question of the purpose of life, which I think its too broad and way out of the subject of this thread.

So by God creating the evil property , that does not make God evil, rather it makes God beyond what we call perfect, to create such functionality into a living thing, and yes God created evil.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by Drusilla(f): 10:32pm On Jul 01, 2006
Understand this:

God does not have to do any evil to you.

He can just move away from you.

Where there is no light, there is darkness.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by eveseh(f): 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2006
sure he didnt
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by zionchic(f): 12:36am On Jul 02, 2006
i would say God created the devil for that very purpose, just as Jesus chose Judas, so he could have an insider betray him. the devil was created and he was definitely perfect in the eye of God 'because without him man would have been unable to exercise his freewill to either follow God (his maker) or rebel against him. Thank God for salvation though, 'because without that we wouldn't have the Holy Spirit to teach us how to use our freewill.

Now, the occurence of evil can not always be blamed on pple turning away from God, attimes evil happens b'cos God is allowing the devil to prove the faithfulness of those that claim to Love him (God), an example is the story of Job.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by TayoD(m): 1:28am On Jul 02, 2006
When you talk about evil, you are actually talking about sin. To understand how evil came into being, then we've got to understand how sin developed and is still developing.

Sin, according to the Bible, is a transgression of the law. If we understand that God is a God of law and order, then we must realise that this entire cosmos was created by God to be governed by certain laws. Obedience or disobedience to these laws will always have repercussions. Obeying God's laws means everything goes well, and there will not be evil. However, disobeying His law sets Evil into motion that cannot be reversed except by a higher law.

Evil therefore, came into beign the day a creature of God (Lucifer) verbalised things that God's law forbade him to say. Please be reminded that God did not create the Devil, instead, He created Lucifer who became the Devil because he broke God's law and set evil in motion.

For instance, there is a law of gravity which forbids me to jump off a 100 story building. If I choose to jump off, the law of gravity will take its course and the consequence of my action will result in death (if Jesus tarries beyond the time I land on the pavement below). But as I said earlier, a higher law of lift can be put in motion (such as using a rocket propelled back-pack) which can ensure that I fly and overcome the effect of the law of gravity, despite the fact that the law of gravity is not suspended.

I chose to mention this issue of higher law for us to understand what God is doing today with respect to the situation mankind has found himself. While the law of sin and death was set in motion by Adam, a higher law: the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus was put into motion by God to counter-act this law. So in the world today, we see sin and we see death, but this law of sin and death can be overcome by engaging the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. This is how we overcome evil with good as the Bible as commanded us Christians.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by Seun(m): 3:25am On Jul 02, 2006
These tiresome arguments have been debunked several times already:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-15166.0.html

You should read this entire article in its entirety:
http://www.bowness.demon.co.uk/brain.htm

Case dismissed.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by Ciaralover(f): 4:25am On Jul 02, 2006
iice:

Question? If Satan created evil, who created Satan? Don't tell me! He sprouted from nothing undecided
U need to know bfore u type, that statement sures alone u have no bible, satan was created as an angel but the man said he wanted to be more powerful than God so he was sent down from heaven and he gather his own angels to fight against God!!
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by Drusilla(f): 5:32am On Jul 02, 2006
I believe God created evil. Because I believe the bible.

However, does George Bush need to go to Iraq and pick up a gun to kill Iraqi's?

Of course not.

Neither does God need to come down and put you in a wheel chair.

I believe just as the Jews do. Satan works for God.

As the bible says: I have created the wicked for my own purposes.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by Ciaralover(f): 6:06am On Jul 02, 2006
where in the bible they say that satan works fa God!!
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by iice(f): 6:28am On Jul 02, 2006
Ciaralover:

U need to know bfore u type, that statement sures alone u have no bible, satan was created as an angel but the man said he wanted to be more powerful than God so he was sent down from heaven and he gather his own angels to fight against God!!

Duhh, Tell me isn't God all powerful? Therefore he knows what will happen. Isn't there a saying that God has a plan? How do u not know that all the temptations and trials are not God's plan of weeding out the believers from the unbelievers eh?  Or of ensuring those who despite free will, will remain true to him.  Don't tell me God ddn't know that Lucifer would turn against him Because that cannot be due to the fact that God is infallible. Please arrange your brain before posting that i have no bible because obviously u cannot defend your belief.  How do u hope to convert people or to encourage them to believe in God when your arguments are not sound?  People will always find a loophole, one has to investigate all angles so you will not be taken to by suprise.  Some things are so simple to understand undecided 
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by Drusilla(f): 7:55am On Jul 02, 2006
Ciaralover,

Isa 45:5 I am Jehovah, and there is none else, no God besides Me; I clothed you, though you have not known Me;
Isa 45:6 that they may know from the rising of the sun, and to the sunset, that there is none besides Me. I am Jehovah, and there is none else;
Isa 45:7 forming the light and creating darkness; making peace and creating evil. I Jehovah do all these things.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by Drusilla(f): 11:05am On Jul 02, 2006
Ciaralover,

Sorry, here's a more direct scripture reference.

Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith who blows the coals in the fire, and who brings out a tool for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against you shall be blessed; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment, you shall condemn. This is the inheritance of the servants of Jehovah, and their righteousness is from Me, says Jehovah.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by Eurphoria(f): 12:57am On Jul 09, 2006
hello

seun you post links as if people should not talk about the topic and your word is final on the matter, not so . Well done ciara

All i say the people who argue most are the atheists and nothing wrong with it and i am over it. However, seun and Nfern you two do spoil this christain section, why did you create it seun if you wont let people of similar minds share and enjoy their faith? with out the need for them to always argue about whta they believe, if they want to beleive leave them to it, i want to post things sometimes but dont bother ncos i know it would be turned into a mooting session.

Why not create an open forum for such agruements?
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by nferyn(m): 2:38am On Jul 09, 2006
@ Eurphoria
Which Christian section?
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by lordimpaq(m): 12:37pm On Jul 09, 2006
Well, God did not create evil,

like wat logical said, When God created we humans, He gave us the power of choice, to jump or not to jump (as logical said),
when we do evil, it is our choice, i would say that it is not inherited, its because we chose to do evil,

many may want to point out the bible verse in isaiah which says "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7, KJV) but that is the king james version, if you look at other versions, it is much different,

its the way it was translated, the king james version translation of the bible is very ambiguous, (having several meanings),

besides we cannot create evil, evil is an abstract thing, and more to the isaiah text, it is obvious that evil is not the opposite of peace, the opposite of peace is war, calamity and the like, thus, it is not refering to the literal evil as it was in the shakepearian days,

Thus God is not the author of evil,
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by retro(f): 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2006
If there's a God, I don't think he created evil. God created man, man created evil. About satan, God created satan to be one of his angels (a good person), satan turned evil on his own.

In other words, God created people who turned evil willingly.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by lordimpaq(m): 8:19am On Jul 10, 2006
well i kinda agree to that
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by Busta(f): 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2006
True dat
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by Seun(m): 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2006
Whether he created evil or not, the important thing is that evil cannot exist if God isn't evil.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by ttruth(m): 11:56am On Feb 17, 2010
Evil is from the devil.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by ttruth(m): 11:58am On Feb 17, 2010
Evil is from the devil.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by benodic: 1:52pm On Feb 17, 2010
i am going to give another dimension to this discussion.
1. God created the worlds as a school where souls like you and me can come down here and learn how to love
2. God then created the devil or satan and made him the headmaster of this school. the job of the devil is to tempt us to find who has been able to conquer all the human weaknesses and who has learnt all the lessons of love. that individual is allowed to go back to God. that is why God allowed the devil to tempt job as recorded in the bible and also he tempted jesus too. the guy is simply doing the job that God gave him to do.
3. without going through the temptations given by the devil there is no way you will know that you are growing spiritually. it is just like the exams you face in your schools. when you pass you move on to the next class until you graduate and become a master yourself in the area you have chosen
4. therefore one should not vilify the devil but you should work hard in learning the lessons of love and prepare yourself to face the devil when he comes with the exams which you call temptations.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by Joagbaje(m): 8:00pm On Feb 17, 2010
Drusilla:

Ciaralover,

Sorry, here's a more direct scripture reference.

Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith who blows the coals in the fire, and who brings out a tool for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against you shall be blessed; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment, you shall condemn. This is the inheritance of the servants of Jehovah, and their righteousness is from Me, says Jehovah.

There are rules in prophecy, We judge prophecy according to truth.

1 Cor. 14:29
Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

A prophet prophesy according to the level of light he has. God did not create evil. If God did create evil, he would not be justified to judge,

1 Cor. 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

1 John 1:5
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in[b] him is no darkness at all. [/b]

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by davo90tico(m): 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
Ciaralover:

Revelation 12:7-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

Satan Thrown Out of Heaven

And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

PLS READ YOUR BIBLE THOROUGHLY
MY OPINION
GOD BLESS YOU
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by davo90tico(m): 2:22pm On Jun 27, 2017
Ciaralover:

It’s in the Bible , Isaiah 14:12-14, NKJV. “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! . . . . For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.’”

MY OPINION
GOD BLESS YOU
Re: God Did Not Create Evil! by obinna58(m): 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
Ciaralover:
why do people think God created evil, God didnt create evil, satan create evil, whe also gotta realize that the DEVIL has powers but his powers are not stronger than God, satan has powers to tempt Jesus like he did in the Bible, when 9/11 happen people where like where was God when it happen, the real question is where was u!!the thing is like this once u trust in God and make God to become your personal savior God prevents Bad stuff from happening to u, but once u leave God or turn your back on him he will also turn his back on u and the devil will take complete control of u!!if it wasnt fa god some of yall wouldnt have waken up this morning, or even have food on their table, no one can understand GOD all we need to do is just believe i him and draw nearer to him and he will draw closer to Us and make us understands him more!!I am tellin yall nairalanders the world is comming to an end, give yall life to Christ Bfore its too late or else on judgement day u know ur destination.To me it is just retarded that people dont believe there is a GOD, who gives u food to eat, who gives u job, who made u and everyone.God is love, eventhough there are people who dont believe in him and Hates him soo bad he still loves them can u believe that!!there are people all over the world who right now have turn their back on GOD and i feel right now that their are so many people on their way to hell, it might not be u but again maybe it is u!!I just wanna see what God haters will do if they stand in front of God on judgement day, they will have no excuse!!God is WONDERFUL and loving and i love him wit ma whole heart, i just wish u would tooo!!!Thanks, please dont get offended!!!
U stated clearly that no one can understand God and yet started talking like u clearly understood him,
If God is not understandable then how did u understand that if it wasn't God we wouldn't have waken up this morning, how did u understand that if u turn ur back on him, he leaves u for devil to frustrate ur life, how did u understand that God prevents bad stuffs from happening to u, how did u understand that God didn't create evil, how did u understand that God is loving and wonderful,
Confused set of religionists talking bla bla bla

Let me ask u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed: The True Source Of 'the Anointing' / My People Perish Due To Lack Of Knowledge / What Does The Bible Say About Terrorism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.