Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Should I Resign From My Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Resign From My Job? (17459 Views)

How Can I resign from Npower / How Do I Resign From Npower Scheme? / N-Power: Why We Introduced The "Resign From Program" Button On Your Dashboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Resign From My Job? by richmond500: 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2021
Good evening NLders.
So I got this job a week ago, when I first went to the company, everyone was advising me to be careful because the workers aren't nice to each others, even the manager and the security was advising me lolz.

I wasn't interested in those advice because i can easily make friends and apologieing when i have done wrong is something i could do to soften someones heart, so i know i am good and got things under control, also there is something I wished to gain from the company, the pay isn't even friendly, though I dont have problem with it, my target was set already and I know what I am going for but the antagonistic relationship between the staffs is on a whole different level, somehow I have been able to make friends with almost all the staffs and has tried my best to bring the workers closer by advicing them and told them how much I like a friendly atmosphere, I found out they are not actually bad but they are very careful due to past experiences.

The manager on the other hand is a sadist and very rude, he gets angry when two staffs are having fun, laughing or being friendly, he feels when staffs are friendly, they will end up gossiping him so he rather not see them happy. He called me recently and asked me to tell him things about the staffs, I noticed he wanted me to gossip about them and know their every moves, but that isn't what I will want to do, therefore whatever he asked him, I just tell him "I have no idea". Knowing that he couldn't use me as double agent, his hatred for me just grow to a level I couldn't even accommodate, he shouts at me for no reason, I get really upset, and noticed he is actually the person that has set this hatred between the staffs, I wanted to give him a piece of my own uncultured mouth because there are things I couldn't take but he is actually around my fathers age and I dont wish to drop my father at home and insult another persons father, i have been here for just six days and i am already tired, I am waiting for month end, after my salary, I'll just resign.

If u were in my shoes, what will u do

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
Na wa o undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by yomi007k(m): 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
Consider that as occupational hazard. Like you could get shot being in law enforcement, or have an accident being a driver, etc

Think of your bills too...because Buhari no care if you get work or not.

Him go soon dey charge you for the air wey u dey breathe.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Freestainworld(m): 6:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
What kind of job is that? Don't resign at the moment, he maybe be doing that purposely to scare you away from the company, just show him how tough a real man can be, ignore his shouting, at least for the time being, things might change for good.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by richmond500: 6:05pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by richmond500: 6:07pm On Aug 13, 2021
Freestainworld:
What kind of job is that? Don't resign at the moment, he maybe be doing that purposely to scare you away from the company, just show him how tough a real man can be, ignore his shouting, at least for the time being, things might change for good.
he isn't doing it to me alone, every staff just get problem with the man, from what I heard, he has been there for just a month and has already sacked one person, I have been here for a week

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Freestainworld(m): 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2021
richmond500:
he isn't doing it to me alone, every staff just get problem with the man, from what I heard, he has been there for just a month and has already sacked one person, I have been here for a week
don't give a Damm about his shouting, if he is a sadist, show him the real maturity of a man, stand him man to man but don't insult him.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by psucc(m): 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2021
But op, you don't expect the workplace to be a beer palour or joint. In fact, that's a typical workplace Scenario for you. You have to adapt, face your work and wait for your pay. Except they are not paying, don't leave.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by richmond500: 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
psucc:
But op, you don't expect the workplace to be a beer palour or joint. In fact, that's a typical workplace Scenario for you. You have to adapt, face your work and wait for your pay. Except they are not paying, don't leave.
work shouldn't be a beer parlour but should the manager behave like a mini devil?

A manager that shouts at me is not my problem, but a sadist isn't something I enjoy since its actually the opposite of my true nature, except I am teasing someone, I like a friendly atmosphere where everyone looks happy

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by psucc(m): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2021
richmond500:
work shouldn't be a beer parlour but should the manager behave like a mini devil?

A manager that shouts at me is not my problem, but a sadist isn't something I enjoy since its actually the opposite of my true nature, except I am teasing someone, I like a friendly atmosphere where everyone looks happy
One man's meat is another's poison. Sadist or not, all he needs from you is performance and job delivery. If you can do that focus on that. You didn't get there to change the way he works but to work.

It may interest you that the manager is also protecting his job or else people like you who wants "a friendly atmosphere" will turn around to mock him if he fails.

Leave the manager and face your work

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 13, 2021
Please resign and look for something else. Your peace of mind is worth more than this office drama and brouhaha!

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Drone95(m): 9:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
Resign if you can no longer endure it. kiss
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by SweetiliciousD: 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2021
richmond500:
Good evening NLders.
So I got this job a week ago, when I first went to the company, everyone was advising me to be careful because the workers aren't nice to each others, even the manager and the security was advising me lolz.

I wasn't interested in those advice because i can easily make friends and apologieing when i have done wrong is something i could do to soften someones heart, so i know i am good and got things under control, also there is something I wished to gain from the company, the pay isn't even friendly, though I dont have problem with it, my target was set already and I know what I am going for but the antagonistic relationship between the staffs is on a whole different level, somehow I have been able to make friends with almost all the staffs and has tried my best to bring the workers closer by advicing them and told them how much I like a friendly atmosphere, I found out they are not actually bad but they are very careful due to past experiences.

The manager on the other hand is a sadist and very rude, he gets angry when two staffs are having fun, laughing or being friendly, he feels when staffs are friendly, they will end up gossiping him so he rather not see them happy. He called me recently and asked me to tell him things about the staffs, I noticed he wanted me to gossip about them and know their every moves, but that isn't what I will want to do, therefore whatever he asked him, I just tell him "I have no idea". Knowing that he couldn't use me as double agent, his hatred for me just grow to a level I couldn't even accommodate, he shouts at me for no reason, I get really upset, and noticed he is actually the person that has set this hatred between the staffs, I wanted to give him a piece of my own uncultured mouth because there are things I couldn't take but he is actually around my fathers age and I dont wish to drop my father at home and insult another persons father, i have been here for just six days and i am already tired, I am waiting for month end, after my salary, I'll just resign.

You are the problem here.

If you see bad review on an app on Google play store and go ahead to download same, who then is to blame when you start having bad experience?

Suit yourself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by richmond500: 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

You are the problem here.

If you see bad review on an app on Google play store and go ahead to download same, who then is to blame when you start having bad experience?

Suit yourself.
which one is bad review?
Before I wrote my application letter, I didn't see anywhere it is written "vacancy in a company where staffs are at loggerheads with each other and manager is irredeemably sadistic"

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by tidalstorm(m): 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2021
Op, you never even reach one week and you are trying to change the organizational culture without expecting resistance.
You knew how the company was before you joined.
Just keep your head down, learn and achieve your target from the company before leaving.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by SweetiliciousD: 10:36pm On Aug 13, 2021
richmond500:
which one is bad review?
Before I wrote my application letter, I didn't see anywhere it is written "vacancy in a company where staffs are at longer heads with each other and manager is irredeemably sadistic"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by yemi2plus(m): 1:34am On Aug 14, 2021
Six days and you're already advising everyone and making friends with everyone? You better mind your business.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Looxenbug1: 1:48am On Aug 14, 2021
richmond500:
Good evening NLders.

[h1] where in Port Harcourt is this company located. [\h1]
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by timibare(m): 7:20am On Aug 14, 2021
Resign if you have another option.....hunger dey kill ooh
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by BigDawsNet: 8:47am On Aug 14, 2021
Just wait till the next month...try to see if things will change for good...

Then if nothing is working den u have to leave...your mental health is very important

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 14, 2021
You caused it.

There's something called, " minding your business" and you didn't do that. Haven known the kind of parole going on there, you should have just kept to yourself and minded your biz but you chose to meddle in the mess that was already on ground, claiming you can handle any situation. Now you've gotten your fingers burnt putting your job on the line.

The thing is, now that you're in his bad books, even if you don't leave the job, he'll look for a way to terminate your appointment if he doesn't succeed in frustrating you out of the job.

Well, since you said apologizing is not a big deal for you, I'll advise you go plead with him to forgive and let you work in peace.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by samsegs(m): 11:14am On Aug 14, 2021
Just try to avoid him @ all cost,, do ur job diligently and be consistent.... Bro,, no space for labour market o...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Gosj001: 11:48am On Aug 14, 2021
Just 6 days?

I have learnt to always listen to Experienced people advise. Everyone can't be wrong.

I still sell affordable laptops with Free delivery, Pay on delivery and warranty.
Details on my signature

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by sammieguze(m): 12:24pm On Aug 14, 2021
This is quite dicey.

I think, for now, all you can do is try to stay outta trouble while you are on the search for a better place.

Or you could be diplomatic about it.
When he asked you what is being said about him, you could have just told him all you do is a general discussion. There are quite a lot of things to discuss with your colleague about that won't violate the office ethics but then, I have come to understand how crazy and vindictive some people are s and I believe you handled things the best way you could so... just do your best until you get another place while also guarding your mental health jealously.

If anything starts messing with your mind, please leave o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by ipobarethieves: 12:24pm On Aug 14, 2021
sad
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by mofeoluwadassah: 12:24pm On Aug 14, 2021
Ugh...so you even wan use one month for there grin
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Yusfunoble(m): 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2021
A toxic environment isn’t for the weak.

If you’re someone like me who doesn’t give a sh?t about what people say/think, you will do just fine.

However, if you can’t cope make sure you share a piece of your mind in the open and report that Bobrisky manager of yours before you quit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by nairavsdollars(f): 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2021
Your choice
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by DropsMic(m): 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2021
If you have to ask... Then Yes
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by richmond500: 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2021
CharisEleos:
You caused it.

There's something called, " minding your business" and you didn't do that. Haven known the kind of parole going on there, you should just kept to yourself and minded your biz but you chose to meddle in the mess that was already on ground, claiming you can handle any situation. As
I am not there to change people but I don't like antagonistic environment
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Femich18(m): 12:27pm On Aug 14, 2021
Resigning is not ideal for now. Try to accommodate and see how things pan out. If there is no improvement I'll say you should start throwing your CV out there. Resigning when you have nothing to fall back on is very disastrous. Start planning for a backup now

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Adds 9,400 Beneficiaries To N-power Scheme / Is There Any Good Aviation Training Centre In Lagos. Pls Advise? / Society For Family Health Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (9 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.