Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? (3521 Views)

Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano / "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ / If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Allwell(m): 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2006
if you were the president, what would be top your to-do list?
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Allwell(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2006
To set the ball rolling, i'd dredge the Niger to ease congestion in Lagos!
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by shawna(f): 7:39pm On Jul 03, 2006
can u be more specific, president of what country
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Chxta(m): 7:45pm On Jul 03, 2006
President of Naija.

First thing I'd do is sort out NEPA (whatever it's called nowadays, sounds like [b]P[/b]roblem [b]H[/b]as [b]C[/b]hanged [b]N[/b]ame)
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 03, 2006
Allwell:

To set the ball rolling, i'd dredge the Niger to ease congestion in Lagos!

And risk leaving the coastal areas in jeopardy of flooding?
What congestion are you talking about? Will simply dredging the niger suddenly cause companies and individuals to relocate to other states?
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by diddy4(m): 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2006
of naija i guess.

well, i will kill all the criminals dat stole our money. everyone of them. and there account will be wiped and returned to the federal reserve.

then, imm@ develope programs and project that will help the poor and needy. good federal roads throughout the country.

health services and nepa.

all the thugs will join the army or police force instead of wasting their time thugging.

all the corrupt policemen/women will go straight to kirikiri and their bossman will be executed. about time we get rid of bad blood if they wont change.

all the governors must give accurate account of how they spent their budget money and stuff. any governor that messes up will be sent straight to kirikiri no court order needed, it will be presidential order.

i have some more plans but let me stop here.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by DRANOEL(m): 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2006
i will deport people like davidylan and import chicks from the carribeans cool
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2006
DRANOEL:

grin grin grin grin grin
Dear i'd be so glad to be deported to America! At least i won't have to face Problem Has Changed Name, People Decieving People "rat and pests" Party, "gentlemans" agreement, zoning, quota system.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by mukina2: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2006
: shocked shocked shocked shocked but wat did davidylan do now
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by DRANOEL(m): 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2006
i had togo in mind not america shocked
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2006
DRANOEL:

Like father like son. Same trait as exhibited by Abacha, save he "exiled" the likes of wole Soyinka and imported prostitutes from India!
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by DRANOEL(m): 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2006
@davidylan
dont hate our love for women, i know you prefer men grin grin
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by retro(f): 8:13pm On Jul 03, 2006
Well, I'lld sleep with the senates.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2006
DRANOEL:

@davidylan
don't hate our love for women, i know you prefer men grin grin

your love for women at expense to the state. No wonder your alhajis marry 89 wives ad 870 concubines. Why won't our economy be floundering when our so-called "leaders" are burrying themselves in the thighs of strange women. what a shame.

As for the other statement, i wont dignify you with a response.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by DRANOEL(m): 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2006
to bad i from benue 99.9% christian state grin grin
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2006
DRANOEL:

to bad i from benue 99.9% christian state grin grin

I once had friends from benue, very nice people. and the girls are cute!!!

Too bad you let me give you a run before i knew your state of origin
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Nosu(m): 12:09am On Jul 04, 2006
l will diversify the economy. we will stop relaying on petroleum.we will start work on

1. agriculture - so that there will be excess food to eat and export out of the country which will also serve as revenue.
2. Education - empowerment of the citizen becuase knowledge is power
3. Power - change PHCN to a beta name so that there will be constant power. and put on ground the necessary things.
4. Refinery - make the refineries work so that will can refine our oil and make more money
5. Close the border - when things are a bit steady l will close the border to that will can now start manufacturing things ourself
6, reduce taxation on idigenous industries.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Grizzly(m): 1:05am On Jul 04, 2006
i'll increase my tenure come rain, hailstorm and hell fire.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Nobody: 1:38am On Jul 04, 2006
Grizzly:

i'll increase my tenure come rain, hailstorm and hell fire.

Correct

Pellow Nigerians!
1. i will first make my declaration in the UK!
2. I would arrest all journalists and charge them for sedition if anyone of them asks me the cost of my presidential jet (jamboree).
3. I would sack the head of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) for "anti-government activities" and call it redeployment
4. I will seek to extend my tenure to life president
5. i will create a ministry of injustice
6. I will withold council allocations to Lagos state in order to avoid rising inflation
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by chidichris(m): 7:16am On Jul 04, 2006
if i become the naija president, i will first of all release all the people who still our money and make sure i imprison all people who still money from abraod because of our image back home like obj did in the case of balogun.
u know our image abraod is very important.
again, i will make sure the vice president does not succeed me instead i will bring someone from prison to rule that is if my efforts to be the there forever fails.
i will buy airbus 380 for safe travelling not interested if nigeria is the only big country without a government owned flight for transportation.
finally, i will have more than 100 ribadus to make sure nothing will happen to my chris ubas and all my militant wings.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Drusilla(f): 8:10am On Jul 04, 2006
I'd put in a water system, road system, fiber optic network, get utilities up and running.

I'd break the bank doing it.

I'd force every person who had to come from outside Nigeria to take on an apprentice at his level, teaching others as he went along.

I'd pay those Nigerian professionals and scientists, whatever I had to the following year, to keep them there and working on all the above stuff after the foreigners leave.

Then I would remove all taxation of small and medium business's.

I'd add a government office to each village. It would also function as the post office and general store. Communication with the people would be vital and a high priority.

All police officers currently would be bought off for early retirement or retrained in another field. New recruits would be brought forward with an emphasize on serving the people.

The people will do it from there.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by disa03(m): 9:21pm On Jul 09, 2006
call for constitution review dat ll keep me dere 4 12 yrs
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by toshmann(m): 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2006
I'll sell nigeria to the highest bidder. grin grin grin

a good company in europe can use the land and even the people for research. cheesy

and i'll gladly sell the nation cool
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Mariory(m): 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2006
lmao!
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by retro(f): 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2006
toshmann:

I'll sell nigeria to the highest bidder. grin grin grin

a good company in europe can use the land and even the people for research. cheesy

and i'll gladly sell the nation cool

Lmfaooo! Hahahahahahaha. I wonder who'd buy Nigeria though.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by toshmann(m): 3:29am On Jul 11, 2006
@ retro,

there are enough customers. some companies may be looking for where to test some nuclear weapon, some are looking for where to dump their waste products, some are doing social research etc they will want to buy naija, and as president, i'll gladly sell the nation grin

al qaeda may also want a new training camp, after the US bombed out their headquaters in afghanistan. i'll sell naija to them if they get the right price grin grin grin
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by retro(f): 11:13am On Jul 11, 2006
toshmann:

@ retro,

there are enough customers. some companies may be looking for where to test some nuclear weapon, some are looking for where to dump their waste products, some are doing social research etc they will want to buy naija, and as president, i'll gladly sell the nation grin

al qaeda may also want a new training camp, after the US bombed out their headquaters in afghanistan. i'll sell naija to them if they get the right price grin grin grin

[size=30pt]I VOTE TOSHMAN FOR PRESIDENT![/size]
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by toshmann(m): 7:59am On Jul 14, 2006
retro:

[size=30pt]I VOTE TOSHMAN FOR PRESIDENT![/size]

[size=30pt]YOU ARE HEREBY THE FINANCE MINISTER IN WAITING cool [/size]
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Chxta(m): 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2006
Let's get back to serious talk. In the light of what is happening in the MidEast where once again Israel is proving that might is right, I'd invade Cameroon and reclaim Bakassi. . .
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Mystique(f): 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2006
LOL, Y'all are just toooo funny

***Laughing till tears come from ma eyes*** grin grin grin
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Chxta(m): 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2006
How?
Re: What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? by Mystique(f): 10:31am On Jul 18, 2006
How what? undecided

**And wats wit d angry duck??**

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu's Son, Seyi, Fails In Law School**ex-gov., Oyinlola; Segun Oni's Daughter / ISIS Militants Blow Up Jonah’s Tomb In Iraq / What are Rochas Okorocha Crimes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.