Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,726 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Poison Fire - A Documentary On Shell's Wanton Destruction Of The Niger Delta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poison Fire - A Documentary On Shell's Wanton Destruction Of The Niger Delta (7746 Views)

Abagworo Any Update On Shell Gas Plant In Ohaji,okigwe Bottling Company? / AIT Documentary On Tinubu: Lion Of Bourdillion (Videos) / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poison Fire - A Documentary On Shell's Wanton Destruction Of The Niger Delta by ono(m): 10:30pm On Sep 09, 2008
No comment. . . . . . . . , for now.
Re: Poison Fire - A Documentary On Shell's Wanton Destruction Of The Niger Delta by Icon(m): 6:17am On Sep 14, 2008
I shed tears for my country. The problem is likely traceable to many things, but the root cause is failure of leadership. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be improving. Rather, it seems to be getting worse. God help Nigeria
Re: Poison Fire - A Documentary On Shell's Wanton Destruction Of The Niger Delta by suprted(m): 3:53am On Sep 24, 2008
shell will never clean up to a respectable standard if the regulation is weak. why should they?

their job is to make money not care about people. the only reason they seem to care about people is that it looks good hence why the budget for community relations is probably neglible compared to other items. it doesnt cost anything to organise the shell cup tournament or that scholarship thing they had for ND indigenes a while back but it does cost them loads to cleanups.

shell seem to have standards in other countries because those countries will phuck them up if they don't and even then, if they can secretly cut corners and save millions, you can bet they will.

in an utopia shell would be conscientious and do it because it is the right thing. however we don't live in an utopia so its not. therefore its up to the govts to do something about it. that's why they are there. but in Nigeria, sigh.
Re: Poison Fire - A Documentary On Shell's Wanton Destruction Of The Niger Delta by fireball2: 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2008
I sold my body ,mind and soul to make the poison fire, at first tina and were just getting video testimonies for our personal environmental profiling for children’s children to see what the delta use to be in our time.
as we continue on our non-professional documentary, we got very emotional that this bad things should be happening to our people.

i went to Hague to ask simple questions, will shell end gas flaring and clean up their mess .the answer shell gave was to abuse my home land

I do not care if the whole Nigeria is corrupt . She is home land and I will not have any body insult my people the way shell did at the hague and be profiting from her.
if Nigeria is corrupt and shell is doing business the my Nigeria corrupt brother,sister , mother and fathers, that is their business,

my own is that my home land have been poisoned by leaking pipelines and gas flare belonging to shell operation so shell should clean up their mess.

I am not targeting shell nor did I know who the shell ‘s MD in the Film was. I saw a black well dressed man at hague we had a chat .only then did he introduce himself and I never hear d of his name before in my life.
Let me get something clear ,I do not want shell chevron .exxon or any oil company money. I was the one coming from the poison land but chatting with Omiyi , he looked like the most miserable black big man in the world . I felt pity for him. Having to lie to protect his company and watch his country men dying from pollution. I rather be jobless than taking such job. Look at the clip carefully his own words were shocking him and tasting better.

I will make such movies until they clean up their mess,. Some weapons are guns ,mine is video testimonies. I may come from the most corrupt country in the world but SHE is my home and I love her because Nigeria my identity. corruption should not be an excuse for any company not clean up their mess. Let them clean up and flare down and stop presenting themself as victims and nigerians has greedy mouth.

ifie
Re: Poison Fire - A Documentary On Shell's Wanton Destruction Of The Niger Delta by Ibime(m): 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2008
Ifie, well done. Please continue the good work.
Re: Poison Fire - A Documentary On Shell's Wanton Destruction Of The Niger Delta by QuotaSyste(m): 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2008
fire-ball:

I sold my body ,mind and soul to make the poison fire, at first tina and were just getting video testimonies for our personal environmental profiling for children’s children to see what the delta use to be in our time.
as we continue on our non-professional documentary, we got very emotional that this bad things should be happening to our people.

i went to Hague to ask simple questions, will shell end gas flaring and clean up their mess .the answer shell gave was to abuse my home land

I do not care if the whole Nigeria is corrupt . She is home land and I will not have any body insult my people the way shell did at the hague and be profiting from her.
if Nigeria is corrupt and shell is doing business the my Nigeria corrupt brother,sister , mother and fathers, that is their business,

my own is that my home land have been poisoned by leaking pipelines and gas flare belonging to shell operation so shell should clean up their mess.

I am not targeting shell nor did I know who the shell ‘s MD in the Film was. I saw a black well dressed man at hague we had a chat .only then did he introduce himself and I never hear d of his name before in my life.
Let me get something clear ,I do not want shell chevron .exxon or any oil company money. I was the one coming from the poison land but chatting with Omiyi , he looked like the most miserable black big man in the world . I felt pity for him. Having to lie to protect his company and watch his country men dying from pollution. I rather be jobless than taking such job. Look at the clip carefully his own words were shocking him and tasting better.

I will make such movies until they clean up their mess,. Some weapons are guns ,mine is video testimonies. I may come from the most corrupt country in the world but SHE is my home and I love her because Nigeria my identity. corruption should not be an excuse for any company not clean up their mess. Let them clean up and flare down and stop presenting themself as victims and nigerians has greedy mouth.

ifie

Keeping on loving nigeria while the same nigeria you so much love is sending you and your people to the grave. I never see nor know any myopic people like you people from the niger dealta. You don't even know what you want nor what you are making the videos for. You love nigeria and you sold your body to make the poison fire. I wish you the best.
Re: Poison Fire - A Documentary On Shell's Wanton Destruction Of The Niger Delta by fireball2: 5:39am On Sep 27, 2008
i have seen shell do the same thing in Holland,south Africa,USA, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Angola, do i have to name all,
and if i have to point fingers to who corrupt who, then i shall start from the time of colonialism, the divide and rule system has been the same methodology some of these oyibos have used on us for a long long time.

i can not change Nigerians over night but i will do my best.

i have no where to go . this is my home,
i can not hate my home nor run from it.
my child hood memories are here , running around by the streams making clay pots, picking seafoods foods from the creeks,
this beautiful delta is my home and i believe that my Nigeria bad or good is the victim here, i hope for my Nigeria.
Re: Poison Fire - A Documentary On Shell's Wanton Destruction Of The Niger Delta by Kobojunkie: 5:44am On Sep 27, 2008
fire-ball:

i have seen shell do the same thing in Holland,south Africa,USA, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Angola, do i have to name all,
and if i have to point fingers to who corrupt who, then i shall start from the time of colonialism, the divide and rule system has been the same methodology some of these oyibos have used on us for a long long time.

i can not change Nigerians over night but i will do my best.

i have no where to go . this is my home,
i can not hate my home nor run from it.
my child hood memories are here , running around by the streams making clay pots, picking seafoods foods from the creeks,
this beautiful delta is my home and i believe that my Nigeria bad or good is the victim here, i hope for my Nigeria.

See disease wey dey eat these people up, yet they continue to point accusing fingers here and there instead of looking inwards to find the solution needed for their ailment. You have seen Shell do what in Canada and USA? Colonialism while your fishes continue to swim in oil?? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Poison Fire - A Documentary On Shell's Wanton Destruction Of The Niger Delta by fireball2: 7:33am On Sep 27, 2008
shell has pollution in these countries that i have mention despite the standard set for them in these countries . affected communities in these countries stand up for their to clean environment,

the activist in poison fire are in contact with these foreign communities that have the same pollution like them,

it is not just because the corruption in Nigeria that shell will not clean up. it is also the corruption in shell that is not allowing shell to clean up , fish is swimming in oil in ND, fish is also swimming in oil Russia and Brazil
Re: Poison Fire - A Documentary On Shell's Wanton Destruction Of The Niger Delta by airroseice(m): 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2008
[b]Fire-Ball, Your good work is highly appreciated even if some people who are jobless and have absolutely nothing to say, proceed to say what they know nothing about. The reason why change will not come very fast to this beautiful Country of ours is because many people remain ignorant to the true facts! They know it but because the situation doesnt affect them, they just says what they like. You can Imagine people putting down all sorts of comments (Its a Free World Innit?) but why say irrelevant things when you know its nothing meaningful or beneficial to the thread?

Seriously we should say the truth when we see it and not try to make fun of everything, Everyone has the right to air their individual Opinions anyway. I dont want to sound like Mr. Perfect aka "Know it all" here but ya'll saw the video (Even if some of you didnt) and its all true and who knows what our (Sincere and Heartfelt "I hope"wink individual comments could lead to? If you're not Nigerian or know nothing about it (Like some of them who didnt grow up here and just know for the sake of it that they're Nigerians or those who were told fables by their parents) why say what you dont know? Why not sit back and read comments from people who know things about their home country? People's lives are astake here and some of us make fun of it? Its inhuman and some of us born to wealthy home should know that people are indeed suffering.

Nevertheless Fire-Ball, Please keep up the good work and if there is anything thing I can do to help please say so and if I can I sure Will.[/b]

Peace Out.
Re: Poison Fire - A Documentary On Shell's Wanton Destruction Of The Niger Delta by babalobi(m): 11:16am On May 11, 2009
US Congress holds hearing on Shell activities in Niger delta

The United States Congress’s Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission heard a testimony about the negative environmental impacts of oil operations in the Niger Delta; including those of multinational oil giant Royal Dutch/Shell in the Ogoni region of the Niger Delta

http://assemblyonline.info/2009/05/us-congress-holds-hearing-on-shell-activities-in-niger-delta/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-rufai Live On Channels Tv / Mallam Adnan Ibrahim,Al-qaeda Boss In West Africa Lives In Kano / NRC Commences Third Weekly Lagos-kano Train Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.