Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. (7316 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 6:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
Pls why do Nigerians get angry when you tell them you do not believe in god?. . .WHY?. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by yemmy75(m): 6:51pm On Dec 28, 2013
Because Nigerians hate f.o.o.lish people

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
yemmy75: Because Nigerians hate f.o.o.lish people

So Nigerians are wise people?. . .

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Alexk2(m): 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
I dont think angry is the correct word, bro....itz 'pity' d fellow.
talking from experience, i pity whoever think/blv there is no God.
how can u watch the intelligent design of the earth and all itz skies, the plants and man and still think there is no intelligent brain(God) behind all that...'a fool say to themselves, there is no God' psalm 14:1...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dey don't hate. Dey are actually scared but they wanna cover it up with false bravado. Research actually shows dat wen humans av a stereotyped view on a topic, they get irritated by pple who don't follow there belief cos they are afraid of what they don't know

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Atigba: 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
i intend asking the same question,there is a colleague of mine who doesnt believe in God, majority of people in my office hate him for that but he is nice.He is the most truthful and sincere person i have ever come across in my life..All the religions people in my office steal government money he is the only one that believed in doing the right thing i love him for that.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by manmustwac(m): 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
Very good question whenever I call Nigeria on a Sunday am always asked the question "Did you go to Church today?" Whenever I say no or give them an excuse for not going to Church the tone in the person's voice changes. "Why didn't you go to church? You have monday to saturday for yourself. Sunday is the day you suppose to thank God for keeping you alive" The thing tire me sad

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
DEVA1: Dey don't hate. Dey are actually scared but they wanna cover it up with false bravado. Research actually shows dat wen humans av a stereotyped view on a topic, t[b]hey get irritated by pple who don't follow there belief cos they are afraid of what they don't know[/b]

Makes a lot of sense. . .

Atigba: i intend asking the same question,there is a colleague of mine who doesnt believe in God, majority of people in my office hate him for that but he is nice.He is the most truthful and sincere person i have ever come across in my life..All the religions people in my office steal government money he is the only one that believed in doing the right thing i love him for that.

Its every where here. . .

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by marvelling(m): 7:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
My brother I really wonder why. I have a friend whose father happened to be a pastor. This my friend told me that there was a day his father threatened to kill him if he dared not go to church or express any form of disbelief in Christ.

I myself have been lambasted in public for showing some scepticism about Christian beliefs. Its very difficult being yourself in this our society.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
'cause...uh...'cause, 'cause it's pure insanity for one 2 think there's no God. I won't call it anger just like a poster said up there, more like pity. You must be mentally derange 2 think there's no God.

p.s *MO
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
Well, it's normal to be scared of what you do not understand. To some, their "idea" of God is the very foundation on which they base their life. They view all morality relative to his word/laws.

To tell one you do not accept this ''idea'' especially in a country where to be religious is the norm(like corruption) is to strike that very foundation. And most Nigerians really do not know what/who they worship. They've never put much thought into it, just like we do with almost everything else.

"You don't believe in God? So who protects you from sms texting demons and the evils that fly at night? What do you pray to? Are you a Satanist? How do you survive? So you don't believe in Jesus?""

Just as their God is a jealous and vindictive one(for the Abrahamic religions), they begin to despise and hate everything about you. Even when you do good, they'd say it's the devil's way of tempting people. They hate you because they fear you may be right. That will collapse their whole world view.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
Atigba:
All the religions people in my office steal government money he is the only one that believed in doing the right thing i love him for that.
To fear God and to be godly is not and has never been to BE GOOD. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mzsolex: 'cause...uh...'cause, 'cause it's pure insanity for one 2 think there's no God. I won't call it anger just like a poster said up there, more like pity. You must be mentally derange 2 think there's no God.

p.s *MO

you are the one mentally deranged for thinking there is no Zeus
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by vizkiz: 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
Only a FOOL wuld look in2 d heavens n say there is no God...Only MAD MAN wuld look in2 d sea n say dt d fishes are a mistake...even d babalawo can testify that there is only one Jehovah. So who r u 2 tell me dt my God no dey exist?undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
Alexk2:
talking from experience, i pity whoever think/blv there is no God.
Why would you pity us? What exactly are we missing out on by not believing in God or a skydaddy? Is there some kind of slumber party for the believers that we aren't privileged to attend? grin

Alexk2:
how can u watch the intelligent design of the earth
and the intelligent design behind floods and earth quakes...

Alexk2:
and all itz skies,
and harsh weather....

Alexk2:
the plants
including those that are poisonous to man...

Alexk2:
and man and still think there is no intelligent brain(God) behind all that
Maybe there was a God. Clearly he wasn't intelligent.

Alexk2:
...'a fool say to themselves, there is no God' psalm 14:1...
The God that says in heart 'there's no other God' is the greater fool - Logicboy01(Nl, 2013)TM

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
Its the same everywhere

You tell someone ure an atheist and he labels you a demon and possessed by the devil.

The thing tire me too.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2013
rationalmind:

you are the one mentally deranged for thinking there is no Zeus
now it's obvious you've lost it... Where on this forum did i ever say there's no Zeus, I don't know dat thing I don't wan't to and I don't give a f.uck about it existence.

Y'all just frustrated mofo's. #peacez
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mzsolex: now it's obvious you've lost it... Where on this forum did i ever say there's no Zeus, I don't know dat thing I don't wan't to and I don't give a f.uck about it existence.

Y'all just frustrated mofo's. #peacez

Lol, and he doesn't see the self defeat.

Same way we don't give a f.uck about yahwehs "existence"

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, and he doesn't see the self defeat.

Same way we don't give a f.uck about yahwehs "existence"
keep proving my point, it's a mutual feeling bro. Left 4 me I don't give a phuck 'bout you guyz, U can worship ur dyck 4 all I care. The only thing I hate 'bout u guyz is ur obssession wit Christianity, like what the phuck is ur problem? It's not the only religion dat acknowledges the existence of a supreme God. #peace

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mzsolex: The only thing I hate 'bout u guyz is ur obssession wit Christianity, like what the phuck is ur problem?

smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
yemmy75: Because Nigerians hate f.o.o.lish people

Anger, hatred and insults. Hallmark of believers.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
manmustwac: Very good question whenever I call Nigeria on a Sunday am always asked the question "Did you go to Church today?" Whenever I say no or give them an excuse for not going to Church the tone in the person's voice changes. "Why didn't you go to church? You have monday to saturday for yourself. Sunday is the day you suppose to thank God for keeping you alive" The thing tire me sad

cheesy cheesy

They've stopped asking me that silly question because they are always met with the same response.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by cyrexx: 8:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mzsolex: keep proving my point, it's a mutual feeling bro. Left 4 me I don't give a phuck 'bout you guyz, U can worship ur dyck 4 all I care. The only thing I hate 'bout u guyz is ur obssession wit Christianity, like what the phuck is ur problem? It's not the only religion dat acknowledges the existence of a supreme God. #peace

O, so much dirty words from a "holy mouth"..

Most of us are ex-christians, we know more about Christianity than Islam or other religions. But it's not just Christianity we attack. Check nairaland threads very well, we attack Islam too.

You can continue hating and cursing now.. I bet your yahweh will be proud of you fighting his battles dirty for him.. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mzsolex: keep proving my point, it's a mutual feeling bro. Left 4 me I don't give a phuck 'bout you guyz, U can worship ur dyck 4 all I care. The only thing I hate 'bout u guyz is ur obssession wit Christianity, like what the phuck is ur problem? It's not the only religion dat acknowledges the existence of a supreme God. #peace

We are not obsessed with christianity. We bash all religions. Islam on nairaland is quarantined so what do you expect? I can boldly tell you islam must have also been attacked the same way we attack christianity when they still shared the same general religious section.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Anger, hatred and insults. Hallmark of believers.
mumu it's not the xteristic of d religion, it's an individual thing.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
rationalmind:

We are not obsessed with christianity. We bash all religions. Islam on nairaland is quarantined so what do you expect? I can boldly tell you islam must have also been attacked the same way we attack christianity when they still shared the same general religious section.
I'm telling you, 80% of atheist attack xtianity more than other religions. Outta this forum it's the same
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
cyrexx:

O, so much dirty words from a "holy mouth"..

Most of us are ex-christians, we know more about Christianity than Islam or other religions. But it's not just Christianity we attack. Check nairaland threads very well, we attack Islam too.

You can continue hating and cursing now.. I bet your yahweh will be proud of you fighting his battles dirty for him.. Lol
yeah it's always obvious, I guess frustration made you realized there's no God.

p.s If am fighting 4 ma God(lyk some people), most of y'all would dead meat. I just can't stand stupidity, the curse words help drive home the point.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by noetic16(m): 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
mazaje: Pls why do Nigerians get angry when you tell them you do not believe in god?. . .WHY?. . .

why do u have to tell them that you dont believe in God? but how come your position has not changed all these time? Have you considered going for deliverance at MFM from the spirit of the anti-Christ?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mzsolex: yeah it's always obvious, I guess frustration made you realized there's no God.

p.s If am fighting 4 ma God(lyk some people), most of y'all would dead meat. I just can't stand stupidity, the curse words help drive home the point.
At least, you're honest. But it's never wise to let your emotions guide you. smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by cyrexx: 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mzsolex: yeah it's always obvious, I guess frustration made you realized there's no God.

Frustration?

Where did you get that from?
Most atheists are living better lives than most of you religious folks who are either busing praying everyday against imaginary demons of anti-success and commanding your imaginary enemies to fall down and die, but unfortunately those imaginary demons keep resurrecting and tormenting you people. Lol.

We are free from those mind games being played on religious minds.

So where is frustration you're talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mzsolex: I'm telling you, 80% of atheist attack xtianity more than other religions. Outta this forum it's the same

That's cos like someone told you, we are mostly ex christians. You can't attack what you don't know.

Islam has a way of enslaving its adherents in fear that makes it very difficult to reject the faith.

Anytime I see a muslim who dumps islam, I doff my hat for him or her cos I know how difficult it is
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2013

I keep telling people about the Great FSM but frustration wont let them realize the existence of his Holy Noodly Appendage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Churches You Would Find At Every Corner In Nigeria / Tithe And Offering Unbiased - Pastor Bankie / Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan A Born Again Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.