Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,513 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate (3412 Views)

Sick A Joke? Charlie Hebdo Mocks Russian Plane Crash In Egypt / McCain Fires Back At Putin With America's Own Letter To Russians / US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2008
na2day?:

at least i make a point while u just carry as a regular follow follow. how can i help u to understand that sending email has nothing to do with having any form of IT. is he sending the mail from a command line terminal? is it not just clicking of the mouse? why not compare him to guys like putin who is vastly intelligent in many modern day technology, see how is he gradually trying to bring back the old USSR and we want to bring in someone that in all his years is yet understand a basic thing like email.

It seems to norm on here is for people to go on and on with disconnected logic and then claim they make a point and accuse the other party of not seeing this disconnected logic as meaningful.

What point do you make here? The POINT that counts is that the JOB ITSELF DOES NOT REQUIRE ABILITY TO SEND OR DECRYPT EMAILS. So of what relevance it is to continue to argue that the man's inability to send email disqualifies him for the said position?? JEEEZZ!!!
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by na2day2(m): 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2008
one of mccain's staff said mccain helped create the blackberry, i wanted to die with laughter, to say that the who know who in the industry has fired back is to say the least grin grin grin grin
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by na2day2(m): 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2008
u problem is missing the word "basic" but i see where u brain resides

Kobojunkie:

It seems to norm on here is for people to go on and on with disconnected logic and then claim they make a point and accuse the other party of not seeing this disconnected logic as meaningful.

What point do you make here? The POINT that counts is that the JOB ITSELF DOES NOT REQUIRE ABILITY TO SEND OR DECRYPT EMAILS. So of what relevance it is to continue to argue that the man's inability to send email disqualifies him for the said position?? JEEEZZ!!!
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2008
na2day?:

u problem is missing the word "basic" but i see where u brain resides

I am sure you understand what a Job REQUIREMENT is, right? if the BASICS for the Job does not include ability to send email, what in the world are you trying to proove here??
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by rite2salas(m): 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2008
McCain Admits He Doesn't Know How To Use A Computer (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/11/mccain-admits-he-doesnt-k_n_106478.html
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by na2day2(m): 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2008
like i said, reading and comprehension seems to be a big problem 4 u

Kobojunkie:

I am sure you understand what a Job REQUIREMENT is, right? if the BASICS for the Job does not include ability to send email, what in the world are you trying to proove here??
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2008
na2day?:

like i said, reading and comprehension seems to be a big problem for you

Reading what now?? So the very fact that the job BASICS does not REQUIRE email sending should not be considered at all because you just want to make a point at all cost here?? Are you sure I am the one with the problems here??
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by sistawoman: 9:01pm On Sep 17, 2008
Ok lets suppose for one moment that sending emails is not important, would you still pick McCain for the job?

Here are the job requirements of the President of the United States:

Constitution
The President's Constitutional duties are listed
in Art. II s 2. Key points include:
1. commanding the armed forces;
2. making treaties with other countries;
3. appointing judges, ambassadors, and other
officers of the U.S.;
4. reporting and making recommendations to
Congress; and
5. preserve, protect and defend the
Constitution.

The Constitution also requires that the
President be at least 35 years old, a natural
born resident, and resided in the US at least 14
years, Art. II s 1.

Issues
The President needs knowledge of many
issues including, but not limited to:
1. the economy,
2. health care,
3. relationships with foreign countries,
4. terrorism,
5. education,
6. environment,
7. other.

Style
The President needs to effectively
communicate with many different types and
groups of people. Consider the relative
importance of the following:
1. personal history/background;
2. educational background;
3. speech-making ability;
4. one-on-one or small group communication style;
5. management style;
6. religion;
7. spouse and children;
8. health/fitness;
9. running mate (Vice President);
10. other
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by xcubed(m): 1:10am On Sep 18, 2008
sistawoman:

Ok lets suppose for one moment that sending emails is not important, would you still pick McCain for the job?

Here are the job requirements of the President of the United States:

Constitution
The President's Constitutional duties are listed
in Art. II s 2. Key points include:
[b]1. commanding the armed forces;
2. making treaties with other countries;
3. appointing judges, ambassadors, and other
officers of the US.;
4. reporting and making recommendations to
Congress; and
5. preserve, protect and defend the
Constitution.

The Constitutio[/b]n also requires that the
President be at least 35 years old, a natural
born resident, and resided in the US at least 14
years, Art. II s 1.

Issues
The President needs knowledge of many
issues including, but not limited to:
1. the economy,
2. health care,
3. relationships with foreign countries,
4. terrorism,
5. education,
6. environment,
7. other.

Style
The President needs to effectively
communicate with many different types and
groups of people. Consider the relative
importance of the following:
1. personal history/background;
2. educational background;
3. speech-making ability;
4. one-on-one or small group communication style;
5. management style;
6. religion;
7. spouse and children;

8. health/fitness;
9. running mate (Vice President);
10. other

Sistafwoman men let me tell you my mind, McCain really fits with all your specifications which i have highlighted, well i would not really give him that health part for 80% because he has melanoma (skin cancer) PLEASE na2day if you are going to comment on my post PLEASE MIND YOUR LANGUAGE oooo
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by na2day2(m): 1:15am On Sep 18, 2008
should i hand u a mirror?

Kobojunkie:

Reading what now?? So the very fact that the job BASICS does not REQUIRE email sending should not be considered at all because you just want to make a point at all cost here?? Are you sure I am the one with the problems here??
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by na2day2(m): 1:25am On Sep 18, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin mccain helped invent the blackberry grin grin grin grin grin this was a good one. when republicans lie, the waters of Egypt bleeds again

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/16/hundt-mccain-blackberry/
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by xcubed(m): 8:07am On Sep 18, 2008
Na2day i checked out the link and other links but i don't see snything compromising there or anything that indicates that he din't help create the blackberry so how can u be so sure that it is a lie?
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by na2day2(m): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2008
wow! even the bold headline on the page didnt tell u anything?  shocked shocked shocked your case na God hand e dey  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

xcubed:

Na2day i checked out the link and other links but i don't see snything compromising there or anything that indicates that he dint help create the blackberry so can u be so sure that he dind not?

needless to say that his staff had come out to do damage control on the issue
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by xcubed(m): 8:48am On Sep 18, 2008
To me, this is more or less like obama words of McCain being "computer ill" "Former FCC Chairman Blasts Claim That McCain Invented The Blackberry: He Is ‘So Out Of Touch" the bold headlines looks like them trying to make fun of him cuz the blackberry is kinda old (he probably did the very old and annoying ones) even if it is meant as irony or sarcasm i still dont see the LIE there
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2008
na2day?:

should i hand u a mirror?

Could you please try to focus on the topic and leave my person alone? I mean you have no idea who I am so why try to attack me here? You claimed you posted the BASICS and I told you the BASICS do not include the criteria you seem desperate to add. This leaves the fact that you are trying to argue that A = B when A has no relation to B.

We can all pull “facts” out of thin air and claim they are points too. But there are rules for a reason.
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by sistawoman: 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2008
xcubed:

Sistafwoman men let me tell you my mind, McCain really fits with all your specifications which i have highlighted, well i would not really give him that health part for 80% because he has melanoma (skin cancer)

Really? I have to step out to do something for the job but when i get back will be sure to adress this point by point.
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by na2day2(m): 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2008
i am saying that A=C because A=B and B=C therefore A=C . i am sure u can see the basic logic here and how it refers to the presidential race

Kobojunkie:

Could you please try to focus on the topic and leave my person alone? I mean you have no idea who I am so why try to attack me here? You claimed you posted the BASICS and I told you the BASICS do not include the criteria you seem desperate to add. This leaves the fact that you are trying to argue that A = B when A has no relation to B.

We can all pull “facts” out of thin air and claim they are points too. But there are rules for a reason.

by the way, its been an honor not knowing u grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2008
Dude, pulling A = B out of the air does not work at all. Please don't expect me to accept MADE UP facts as Actual Facts just because you post it. I know you may believe you are intelligent but you do realize you are not the only intelligent mind out there??
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by xcubed(m): 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2008
@ sistawoman, yeah no problem take your time
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by na2day2(m): 7:58am On Sep 19, 2008
made up facts? poor u. obviously u missed alot of ur algebra classes. abstracts make science possible sir.

Kobojunkie:

Dude, pulling A = B out of the air does not work at all. Please don't expect me to accept MADE UP facts as Actual Facts just because you post it. I know you may believe you are intelligent but you do realize you are not the only intelligent mind out there??
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2008
Scientific abstracts do not come out of the air. If you had actually paid attention where you claim I did not, you would have learned that in cases where assumptions are made, it is made clear. So, I am sorry, pulling facts out of the air do not Facts make. Try again!
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by na2day2(m): 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2008
abstract connotations and general scientific assumptions in most cases are from the air, examples are the behavior of matter in an ideal situation, such situations are usually not naturally present but sum1 thot about it in abstraction and went on to set his/her hypothesis , and if it holds true they apply it to real life considering the natural constrains. same with most mathematical principles. like i told my calculus lecturer when he was trying to use calculus to determine if crude could be found is certain type of rock segmentation, he made some many assumptions, so i said to him, what if i want to free assume something else, what on earth will i get out of that rock? grin grin grin

Kobojunkie:

Scientific abstracts do not come out of the air. If you had actually paid attention where you claim I did not, you would have learned that in cases where assumptions are made, it is made clear. So, I am sorry, pulling facts out of the air do not Facts make. Try again!
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Sep 19, 2008
na2day?:

abstract connotations and general scientific assumptions in most cases are from the air, examples are the behavior of matter in an ideal situation, such situations are usually not naturally present but someone thot about it in abstraction and went on to set his/her hypothesis , and if it holds true they apply it to real life considering the natural constrains.
So how did you miss the “if it HOLDS TRUE” aspect when it comes to application of these abstracts to real life?  Now, apply this to mathematics and you will see how it is not pulled from air and it is made clear that it is an assumption made assuming situations are ideal for it’s application

na2day?:

same with most mathematical principles. like i told my calculus lecturer when he was trying to use calculus to determine if crude could be found is certain type of rock segmentation, he made some many assumptions, so i said to him, what if i want to free assume something else, what on earth will i get out of that rock? grin grin grin

Glad you are, yourself willing to point out how your solution depends on your assumptions and so your facts are not necessarily facts in the end but assumed facts (facts based on assumptions) and not necessarily FACTS. Get it now? So back to reality, you can not make assumptions and expect them to apply to reality just because you assume them to be your facts.
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:40pm On Sep 19, 2008
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
making a mountain out of an inexistent mole hill.
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by RichyBlacK(m): 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2008
Pesin way no fit send email come discover blackberry.

McCain and Palin are a pair of dolts.
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by debosky(m): 6:52pm On Sep 19, 2008
The most ridiculous part of the McCain claim is that the Blackberry is a Canadian invention, created by a spin off company from the University of Waterloo grin grin grin
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
making a mountain out of an inexistent mole hill.

You can say that again!!! Love debating it though !!! roflmao!
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by RichyBlacK(m): 9:33pm On Sep 19, 2008
debosky:

The most ridiculous part of the McCain claim is that the Blackberry is a Canadian invention, created by a spin off company from the University of Waterloo grin grin grin

You're right!

The impossible thing is that some non-headless humans will believe McCain somehow influenced the creation of the BB.
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by na2day2(m): 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2008
there is no such thing as an ideal situation in real life, thats why it is from the air(human mind switch into the assumption mode) but really, i dont know why i am replying u in the first place, what did i expect from someone living in ohio, bunch of rednecks and confederates, u guys are easily brain washed(except for my sweet beautiful sister that lives up there), same folks that got us Bush, part 1 and 2

Kobojunkie:

So how did you miss the “if it HOLDS TRUE” aspect when it comes to application of these abstracts to real life?  Now, apply this to mathematics and you will see how it is not pulled from air and it is made clear that it is an assumption made assuming situations are ideal for it’s application

Glad you are, yourself willing to point out how your solution depends on your assumptions and so your facts are not necessarily facts in the end but assumed facts (facts based on assumptions) and not necessarily FACTS. Get it now? So back to reality, you can not make assumptions and expect them to apply to reality just because you assume them to be your facts.

Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2008
na2day?:

there is no such thing as an ideal situation in real life, thats why it is from the air(human mind switch into the assumption mode) but really, i don't know why i am replying u in the first place, what did i expect from someone living in ohio, bunch of rednecks and confederates, u guys are easily brain washed(except for my sweet beautiful sister that lives up there), same folks that got us Bush, part 1 and 2

Go back to the very start and notice how you have continually tried to attack my person instead of focusing on the issue here. There is no such thing as an ideal situation as it is, in the end relative. Each individual you meet has his own idea of the IDEAL LIFE, hence why it is called IDEAL and not REAL.

I am so glad you are able to psychically figure out how all persons in Ohio are and I hope ohioans are proud to know that they have a psychic in you to call in should they need their minds read next time. Since you are not mature enough to set focus on the issue and not on the person, I also see no reason to continue this with you as this in here you have revealed much of your life. Have a nice life!!
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by na2day2(m): 4:00am On Sep 21, 2008
thanks for the biz offer, should i give u my fone number so u can recommend me to them? cool cool cool cool
Kobojunkie:

I am so glad you are able to psychically figure out how all persons in Ohio are and I hope ohioans are proud to know that they have a psychic in you to call in should they need their minds read next time. Since you are not mature enough to set focus on the issue and not on the person, I also see no reason to continue this with you as this in here you have revealed much of your life. Have a nice life!!
Re: Obama Mocks Mccain As Computer Illiterate by Mpele(m): 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2008
Obama is extremly stupid. What does the fact that somebody cannot use the computer stop him from becoming president. The president must have typists and a secretary who take care of those things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTO: Mark Zuckerberg As A Little Boy Vs Now / Kenya - Launch Of The Standard Gauge Railway Thread (pics And Videos) / If America Was PALESTINE, See How It Would Look Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.