Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,611 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:48 AM

Investment Banking Firms Recruiting Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Investment Banking Firms Recruiting Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww (4839 Views)

Poll: WHICH IS D HIGHEST PAID INVESTMENT BANK ACROSS ALL LEVELS?

VETIVA: 36% (7 votes)
BGL: 21% (4 votes)
RENAISSANCE CAPITAL: 15% (3 votes)
FUTURE VIEW: 5% (1 vote)
MERISTEM: 5% (1 vote)
AFRINVESTWA: 0% (0 votes)
ARM INVESTMENT MANAGERS: 15% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 / Investment Banking Analysis And Consultancy / Getting An Investment Banking Job In The US After A Masters In Finance at a Reputable U.S University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investment Banking Firms Recruiting Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww by jidadex(m): 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2008
Hi nairalanders,

I think a lot of investment banking firns in nigeria are recruiting now. the big ones like bgl, afrinvestwa, renaissance capital, meristem, futureview, chapelhilldenham,ARM investment mngrs, ibtc asset mngt, jpmorgan etc

Anyone in d house to give info on the highest paid investment firms by ranking them and what their entry, 2nd, 3rd, 4th level takes. Any info about BONUS, what career prog is there and training opportunities. How long it takes to promote staff up to manager level etc

Lets starting posting replies nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,
Re: Investment Banking Firms Recruiting Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww by magraw(m): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2008
i dont know abt any other investment company but I know jp morgan is in nigeria and they are not recruiting for they only have 1 staff and several minor staff. They will recruit maybe middle of next year as service expands.
Re: Investment Banking Firms Recruiting Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww by lexluthor: 10:30pm On Sep 13, 2008
@Jidadex

I'd like to know the basis of ur thots.
Cos most of these firms r very selective and 'coded' in their recruitment.
most ppl i know working there got in thro personal references and some of them initially as interns.
once inside esp if u r not from a finance bckground, u r vigourously encouraged to acquire some pro-qualification like CIS, ACCA, ICAN, CFA, Series 7 etc.

Some of them eg. Reniassance r only interested in ppl with International experience and who can speak at least one foreign language (russian most especially)

However to answer ur question on pay, I know Vetiva pays entry level around 250000 PER MONTH.
So other industry big boys esp the independents (i.e. not subsidiary of a bank) e.g. BGL, Afrinvestetc. hace similar setups.
Most of them also pay based on performance plus there is profit sharing based on same criteria.

Finally, if u think there is no marketing/target in Investment banks, then u r in for a mega-shock.
Its worse there tho in a more subtle & professional kinda way(tho come to think of it which industry no get target/marketing)
Wait until ur firm is lead issuing/underwritng a N100billion public offer or tryin to raise a N50bn mutal fund or REIT.
which mind u has to be raised in like a month.
Na then wahala go come get leg.

All said sha its a very challenging & interesting sector with tremendous potentials plus the prestige.
Wish u good luck in ur search.
Re: Investment Banking Firms Recruiting Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww by opewins: 11:02pm On Sep 13, 2008
i ve said this before,i ve to emphasis it again that people should be careful with what they post in this furum
Re: Investment Banking Firms Recruiting Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww by jidadex(m): 11:07pm On Sep 13, 2008
@opewins

Most of all these companies are currently recruting for various positions as they are expanding their businesses.
Re: Investment Banking Firms Recruiting Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww by IykeD(m): 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2008
@lexluthor, nice analysis of the sector, i think you are into the system.I had a reference about two weeks ago and i went and submitted my CV to one of those firms though i am currently serving now(and i was thinking they would call me to come finish my service with them because i redeployed from another state to lagos), they told me they were going to call me for a chat, but i have not heard from them yet.When i called the person i know there, he said i should relax, so i wonder what the 'relax' means as time is fast ticking.Their set-up is mind blowing,friendly environment etc.I feel it's a much better place to work compared to Banks
Re: Investment Banking Firms Recruiting Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww by lexluthor: 11:32am On Sep 15, 2008
@ Iyke d

yeah it offers a better environment in comparision to banks
However if its a bank subsidiary eg. CSL, UBA global markets, Union Capital etc
they tend to tow d same corporate culture as their parent bank.

if ur contact 'hand' is strong, then just relax & find some nice drink to sip on
Plus most importantly table d request b4 d Almighty.

Good luck.

Akso, meristem securites has some positions open (google theri site to get the info)
Re: Investment Banking Firms Recruiting Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww by IykeD(m): 11:46pm On Sep 15, 2008
Thank you very much for the info.I will check it out and the one i was talking about hasn't got any Bank affiliation so i guess it is alright.

(1) (Reply)

HR INDEXX Aptitude Test Format (URGENT) / Natforce Recruitment 2022 Application Form Portal / Various Job Openings At Landover Aviation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.