Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Nigeria Airways! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Airways! (5689 Views)

Buhari Orders Speedy Action On Re-establishment Nigeria Airways / Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja / Nigeria Airways Was A Failure – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Airways! by landis(m): 12:33pm On Sep 16, 2008
Good Old Days untill they killed it.

Nigerian Airways 747 jetliner(Jumbo Jet)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways! by vigasimple(m): 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2008
Those are the days when we have a proud flying flag on air. Shagari administration bankrupt the airline gradually by giving staffs,family and cronies ticket to fly without costing.

One thing I know for sure that good days are coming back to Nigeria very soon but it may not be th way we are thinking, as God does his things to solely take credit.

Long live Federal republic of Nigeria

May God bless and protect her people.
Re: Nigeria Airways! by landis(m): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2008
when the good was going well,

Re: Nigeria Airways! by faoni572(m): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2008
I pray for Nigeria to be moving forward and not backward anymore!
Re: Nigeria Airways! by ssRhino: 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2008
I join hands in that as well, cos nigeria has seen enuf of all the troubles, however, there has to be change of programs, only fools cld be doing same things everyday and expect different results
Re: Nigeria Airways! by Gamine(f): 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2008
Aww!

I remember the days of Spaghetti Bolognaise and 1 Litre coke

on the plane grin grin

such sweet memowies cry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2008
$$Rhino:

I join hands in that as well, because nigeria has seen enough of all the troubles, however, there has to be change of programs, only fools cld be doing same things everyday and expect different results

You are wasting your time cos Nigerians will never listen to you.
Re: Nigeria Airways! by bilymuse: 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2008
Oh father of mercy, forgive us our sins
Re: Nigeria Airways! by otokx(m): 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2008
Amen
Re: Nigeria Airways! by Nigeria10: 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2008
sorry, I pray nigeria airway never come back again. it was company to steal govt money. Only a thief govt would bring nigeria airway back. only a thief. govt should stay away from business. just like the USA.
Re: Nigeria Airways! by landis(m): 11:44am On Sep 20, 2008
Nigeria1@;:

sorry, I pray nigeria airway never come back again. it was company to steal govt money. Only a thief govt would bring nigeria airway back. only a thief. govt should stay away from business. just like the USA.

and just like Britain => there is British Airways

and just like Singapore => there is singapore airline(best in asia)

and just like Ethiopia => there is ethiopian airways(best in africa)

and just like South Africa => there is South African Airways

So Nigeria should also have 'Nigeria Airways'

who is the Govt but same Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Airways! by LASIEFAIRE(m): 10:34pm On Sep 20, 2008
Gamine:

Aww!

I remember the days of Spaghetti Bolognaise and 1 Litre coke

on the plane grin grin

such sweet memowies cry

on top how much,
say nah you get plane. grin

are you sure it was Nigerian Airways/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways! by Queenisha1: 1:25am On Sep 21, 2008
Wow
brings back memories.
Those air hostesses in green white green with Igbotic and conc Yoruba accents grin
serving meatpies and sausage rolls

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways! by Ibime(m): 1:29am On Sep 21, 2008
Thank God I was never broke enough to fly Nigeria Airways grin grin grin. I still remember the poor service and broken toilets on Kabo airlines domestic flights. grin
Re: Nigeria Airways! by Queenisha1: 1:33am On Sep 21, 2008
Ibime:

Thank God I was never broke enough to fly Nigeria Airways grin grin grin. I still remember the poor service and broken toilets on Kabo airlines domestic flights. grin

broke indeed tongue
Nigerian airways was just as good as British airways in their heydays

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways! by Ibime(m): 1:45am On Sep 21, 2008
_Queenisha:

Nigerian airways was just as good as British airways in their heydays

I am still young. Only the old ones can remember that. grin
Re: Nigeria Airways! by landis(m): 11:17am On Sep 21, 2008
Ibime:

I am still young. Only the old ones can remember that. grin

Thats exactly the sad thing about the whole issue.

We have no sense of history.

You will still find documents/article/wares about WWII but Nigeria Airways just of yesterday is completely wipe out; thanks to ruthless corrupt people we had in government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Airways! by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 21, 2008
landis:

Thats exactly the sad thing about the whole issue.

We have no sense of history.

You will still find documents/article/wares about WWII but Nigeria Airways just of yesterday is completely wipe out; thanks to ruthless corrupt people we had in government.

LOL,
Re: Nigeria Airways! by Eziachi: 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2008
Good old days my ass!!
When had we ever had a good time in Nigeria? Unless you are part and parcel of the system through your parents or family connection THAT RUINED NIGERIA through their greed. Things had always been the same and the different now is that we have the medium to talk about it. We have other mediums other than liars like NTA or FRCN telling you that snow is falling in Kano or Katsina.

It was the good old days because the Igbos decided to settle into business no matter how educated they are and other Southern minorities are quite happy to eat the crumpets and the Yoruba and northern elite are left with Nigerian oil money to toss among themsleves while the rest of the population can feed from the refuse bin and reside under the bridges, but now, people are talking and asking what use to be taboo questions, punishable by death.

Don't tell me good old day because of a picture of a white old aeroplane, you can tell that to people born today, not the likes of me.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways! by Eziachi: 12:43pm On Sep 21, 2008
landis:

and just like Britain => there is British Airways

and just like Singapore => there is singapore airline(best in asia)

and just like Ethiopia => there is ethiopian airways(best in africa)

and just like South Africa => there is South African Airways

So Nigeria should also have 'Nigeria Airways'

who is the Govt but same Nigerians.

Your examples are a bit misleading but all those airline existing only by name of those countries because they are all ran as private public liablity entreprise, except Ethiopian airline that is 50-50% of govt and private investment.

In a modern economy, govt had no business running an airline in very competitive business environment like aviation. How many airlines are owned by the U.S, U.K or Germany governments.

In in other areas, except the United States, only Nigeria president still ran a fleet of executive airplanes, even, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, U.K, China, Canada or Russian non has a presidential or prime ministerial aircraft fleet, they all charter plane when travelling or flight with other passengers like the U.K prime minister on most occasions.
It shows you how warped Nigeria is.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways! by Thor(m): 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2008
From the past to the present grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Airways! by blacksta(m): 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2008
Omo how i go fit book flight to this shit hole land on top this shit hole airways
Re: Nigeria Airways! by Queenisha1: 12:19am On Sep 23, 2008
Eziachi:

Good old days my ass!!
When had we ever had a good time in Nigeria? Unless you are part and parcel of the system through your parents or family connection THAT RUINED NIGERIA through their greed. Things had always been the same and the different now is that we have the medium to talk about it.
We have other mediums other than liars like NTA or FRCN telling you that snow is falling in Kano or Katsina.

It was the good old days because the Igbos decided to settle into business no matter how educated they are and other Southern minorities are quite happy to eat the crumpets and the Yoruba and northern elite are left with Nigerian oil money to toss among themsleves while the rest of the population can feed from the refuse bin and reside under the bridges, but now, people are talking and asking what use to be taboo questions, punishable by death.

Don't tell me good old day because of a picture of a white old aeroplane, you can tell that to people born today, not the likes of me.

Are you Ok
seriously, is there a lose nut in your head?
On a simple thread about Nigerian airways , you're about to commit suivide.
Let thunder scatter that your backside
Carry your madness somewhere else Ezinshi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways! by davidif: 4:18am On Sep 23, 2008
Good old days my ass!!
When had we ever had a good time in Nigeria? Unless you are part and parcel of the system through your parents or family connection THAT RUINED NIGERIA through their greed. Things had always been the same and the different now is that we have the medium to talk about it. We have other mediums other than liars like NTA or FRCN telling you that snow is falling in Kano or Katsina.

@eziachi
Thank you o jare, you hit the nail right on the head.
Re: Nigeria Airways! by Eziachi: 10:27pm On Sep 23, 2008
_Queenisha:

Are you Ok
seriously, is there a lose nut in your head?
On a simple thread about Nigerian airways , you're about to commit suivide.
Let thunder scatter that your backside
Carry your madness somewhere else Ezinshi

I should ask you the same question if your sick in the head? What is it that I said that was out of place? or that got your pants in a twist? Critism for sake of it? If I am mad according toyou, you are thenI don't know what to quantify you with. CLOWN.
Re: Nigeria Airways! by Queenisha1: 12:15am On Sep 24, 2008
Eziachi:

I should ask you the same question if your sick in the head? What is it that I said that was out of place? or that got your pants in a twist? Critism for sake of it? If I am mad according toyou, you are thenI don't know what to quantify you with. CLOWN.

tongue
Re: Nigeria Airways! by mystikal(m): 1:15am On Sep 24, 2008
@ Eziachi

I was born in the 80's, and I remember my parents telling me how affordable things were then. They were just middle class civil servants in lagos, but could afford to pay all the necessary monthly bills and still a little left over at the end of the month to either put aside for savings or a little luxury of any kind.

recall the dollar was equal if not less than the Naira then in value.
So dear, there was a time Nigeria was functioning reasonably.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways! by Queenisha1: 1:20am On Sep 24, 2008
mystikal:

@ Eziachi

I was born in the 80's, and I remember my parents telling me how affordable things were then. They were just middle class civil servants in lagos, but could afford to pay all the necessary monthly bills and still a little left over at the end of the month to either put aside for savings or a little luxury of any kind.

recall the dollar was equal if not less than the Naira then in value.
So dear, there was a time Nigeria was functioning reasonably.

don't mind the clown.
There was a time we had electricity every day constantly and blackouts lasted less than one hour and the nepa men would come and read meters monthly.
There were trash receptacles on street corners that were emptied twice a week.
We bathed with showers and in Enugu at my childhood home,we had a bathtub with hot and cold water
We didn't need visas to travel to London.
a roundtrip ticket to London was less than 400 naira
and the naira was equal to the pound sterling
and I'm not talking about the  60's and 70's

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists / Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles / Top Ten Strongest Currencies In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.