Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,628 members, 7,854,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) (779 Views)

Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo / Buhari Is The Tallest Nigerian Leader Ever: Photo / Why are Christians denied voters card in the north? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by Sisikill: 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2008
LAGOS (AFP) - Nigeria's President Umaru Yar'Adua could resign on health grounds, official news agency NAN said Tuesday.

Yar'Adua was in a Saudi hospital for treatment and there has been longstanding speculation over his health. NAN said the resignation could come after a cabinet reshuffle expected in coming days.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080916/wl_africa_afp/nigeriapoliticspresidenthealth;_ylt=AlEbQZdpQoQGRkvdq9fEXV696Q8F
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by ssRhino: 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2008
This is an old news now, and i am yet to see a leader in Nigeria that would be able to put aside his selfish gains and power ambition beside, to put the interest of the nation at heart, i will be amazed to see Yar Adua to be the first and i will forever hail him, cos it is obvious that the man is surely not strong enuf to lead at present.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by BigB11(m): 3:05pm On Sep 16, 2008
First, Long life Yar'Adua.

I hope Nigerians see this soon: IBB is the right man for this job.

The man has a lot to lose if he isn't successful this time around.
IBB is not OBJ; this man knows what is missing, what needs to be done, and how it should be done accurately. He would motivate others to vigorously contribute towards the elevation of Nigeria back to the top.
Trust me, the Governors and others government officials would be more focused if IBB takes over this country.
At this critical moment, this country can not be ruled by just anybody; you simply need much more than leadership skill to rule this nation.

As many have claimed in the past that "IBB destroyed this country", so, why not allow the destroyer himself to also put it back together? Do you think someone else knows and understands what went wrong other than IBB himself?

IBB remains one of the most competent leaders in Nigeria today; so, why not allow this man to display his abilities?

It is for sure that the man and his entire family are financially set for the next 100 years, the man can not be touched, and indirectly the man is still actively involved politically; therefore, who is fooling who? who is the loser? what do we have to lose?

I think at this point, we (Nigerians) have nothing to lose. I say "bring him back", let him clean it up.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by ssRhino: 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2008
Big B1:

First, Long life Yar'Adua.

I hope Nigeria see this soon: IBB is the right man for this job.

The man has a lot to lose if he isn't successful this time around.
IBB is not OBJ; this man knows what is missing, what needs to be done, and how it should be done accurately. He would motivate others to vigorously contribute towards the elevation of Nigeria back to the top.
Trust me, the Governors and others government officials would be more focused if IBB takes over this country.
At this critical moment, this country can not be ruled by just anybody; you simply need much more than leadership skill to rule this nation.

As many have claimed in the past that "IBB destroyed this country", so, why not allow the destroyer himself to also put it back together? Do you think someone else knows and understands what went wrong other than IBB himself?

IBB remains one of the most competent leaders in Nigeria today; so, why not allow this man to display his abilities?

It is for sure that the man and his entire family are financially set for the next 100 years, the man can not be touched, and indirectly the man is still actively involved politically; therefore, who is fooling who? who is the loser? what do we have to lose?

I think at this point, we (Nigerians) have nothing to lose. I say "bring him back", let him clean it up.

I am so disppointed that anyone cld come and talk about how IBB has been and cld be the best leader that Nigeria cld ever have, pls, i would like to see reasons why yu think such.
Please dont forget that in Democracy, the president cant make any governor to sit up or be focused, they are the administrator of their states and the rpesident cant do much to them, they cld frustrate their vission with funds oh, and that is all, but nothing much.
Please, tell me what makes u think that IBB cld do anything, i will first advice him to return all the money he looted while in power, cos that will show to me that he is seriously thinking of making ammendments.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by BigB11(m): 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2008
You shouldn't be dissappointed, instead, you should go ahead and name one clean entity in Nigeria today that matches IBB's stamina and also has the capabilities to restore things back to normal quickly and accurately.

Ribadu?
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by ssRhino: 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2008
Big B1:

You shouldn't be dissappointed, instead, you should go ahead and name one clean entity in Nigeria today that matches IBB's stamina and also has the capabilities to restore things back to normal quickly and accurately.

Ribadu?

Does it have to always be any of all those fools?
Why cant we have a grassroot nominations and let pple decide who will rule them, instead of all these names that has been for as long as Nigeria has been.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by McKren(m): 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2008
Cabinet reshufle is not the act of a President who wants to voluntarily resign in the next coming days!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by BigB11(m): 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2008
Does it have to always be any of all those fools?
Why can't we have a grassroot nominations and let people decide who will rule them, instead of all these names that has been for as long as Nigeria has been.

You have my support if you could only name one entity that is capable and has stamina to effectively tackle all our problems in Nigeria.

Oladimeji Bankole represents new generation grassroot; the man would clearly tell you that problems in Nigeria are unbearable and would simply take much more than mere leadership skill and college education to restore things back to normal.

I'm sorry, Nigeria isn't United states or UK; our problems are very unique and mostly invisible.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by MrCrackles(m): 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2008
I hope he does because Nigeria wahala too much

Make person come carry am on top Yar'A'Dua disease na another K-LEG!!
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by ssRhino: 5:26pm On Sep 16, 2008
Big B1:

You have my support if you could only name one entity that is capable and has stamina to effectively tackle all our problems in Nigeria.

Oladimeji Bankole represents new generation grassroot; the man would clearly tell you that problems in Nigeria are unbearable and would simply take much more than mere leadership skill and college education to restore things back to normal.

I'm sorry, Nigeria isn't United states or UK; our problems are very unique and mostly invisible.

3 years ago, if anyone name Obama as a possible president of Nigeria, pple would have pulled their gun and say Nigga is crazy, my point is, there is a need for grassroot politics to be right, cos grassroot is what made it into national leadership.
We need to start electing pple that have brain and cld make changes from the councillorship to chairmanship all the way to governor, cos out of all these, we will one day see a good president, but if you asking me to name names at present, i am sorry, cant name none, cos i am yet to see one that has what it takes to rule "Niger area".
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by BigB11(m): 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2008
3 years ago, if anyone name Obama as a possible president of Nigeria, people would have pulled their gun and say Nigga is crazy, my point is, there is a need for grassroot politics to be right, because grassroot is what made it into national leadership.
We need to start electing people that have brain and cld make changes from the councillorship to chairmanship all the way to governor, because out of all these, we will one day see a good president, but if you asking me to name names at present, i am sorry, can't name none, because i am yet to see one that has what it takes to rule "Niger area".

I totally understand your point, but again this isn't US or UK we are talking about.
For example: if anyone name Kalu 55yr old or Ibori 46yr old or Alams 56yr old or Tinubu 58yr old as a possible governor that would only enrich self, family and friends, people would have pulled their gun and say something serious was wrong with you.

Do not let us forget that this is Nigeria and Nigerians we are talking about. You can not expect the same medication that is working in UK or US to also work here in Nigeria (at least for now).

I can assure you that IBB is not OBJ, the man wouldn't return only to make fool of himself and will not touch Kobo that doesn't belong to him.

We need to look at things from another angle; our problems in Nigeria are severe and our people are mostly thinking about their pockets.
So, why not elect someone that has a lot to lose if things don't turn out right?
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by Nigeria10: 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2008
leave yar adua alone, because of my turai. the worst of yar adua is not the best of ibb. Yar adua problem is his minister and adviser and because he is sick. Just let him hand over some of his duties to Jonathan that all.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by RibaduFan(m): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2008
Big B1

Cant agree more with u, u said it well, he wont return and touch any kobo that does not belong to him, he would simply go for the billions.

I strongly believe IBB is the genesis of all our problems in Nigeria, my sentiment though
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by RibaduFan(m): 5:58pm On Sep 16, 2008
@Nigeria@1

Maybe u havent heard the major problem with YArdual is Turai.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by Nigeria10: 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2008
yar adua is not the problem, the problem is the way our federal system is. the federal govt have too much power . we are operating a military federal govt constitution. in real federal system state and the national assembly and senate have alot of power. but in nigeria the president is the power. which is wrong.

take the powers away.

why should yar adua worry how electricity comes to your house. that not the duty of the federal govt but that of state. why should federal govt build road. that is the problem of state. police is the problem of state too. not federal govt.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by Nigeria10: 6:03pm On Sep 16, 2008
yemmy. that na lie. no be my own sister be the problem. my sister turai ke. never,  the problem na ministers and adviser who no get action. who feel thier duties is to transfer 30 billion naira on december 26.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by RibaduFan(m): 6:06pm On Sep 16, 2008
Oga your penultimate post shows how out of touch u re with governance and the Nigerian constitution, while your last post shows how out of touch u re with the Nigerian politics. You need a crash course.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by BigB11(m): 6:07pm On Sep 16, 2008
You can not blame Yar'Adua for anything; I personally blame OBJ for obvious reason.

But nevertheless, IBB still remains the right man for the job.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by Nigeria10: 6:09pm On Sep 16, 2008
if turai is your problem ,  please name any major project any of the ministers have executed in 1 year.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by RibaduFan(m): 6:10pm On Sep 16, 2008
When the head is bad, what can the other parts do?
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by Nigeria10: 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2008
what obj do again. the man dey ota, wetin be in own for miniters failed performance. na him tell them make the minister no get vision how to built project. or obj hold them down for ota in house. leave obj out of it. Abuja is far from ota.

A good leader is only based on good ministers. Awo success in the west was because of the men around him. Do you want to know his friend. Joseph tanka, anthony enahoro, lateef jakande, bisi onabanjo, Micheal ajasi. What do you know about the characters of all this men. They have one thing in common.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by McKren(m): 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2008
BigB1

Yar'adua has been in office long enough to have his own record
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by RibaduFan(m): 6:16pm On Sep 16, 2008
@Nigeria@1

Light attracts light
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by Sisikill: 6:23pm On Sep 16, 2008
Nigerian presidency denies resignation claim

LAGOS (AFP) - A report Tuesday by Nigeria's official news agency that President Umaru Yar'Adua may resign because of ill health set off renewed speculation about the leader and brought a furious denial from the presidency.
There is nothing like that, it is absolutely rubbish," Yar'Adua's spokesman Olusegun Adeniyi told AFP, adding the report was "false and patently irresponsible".

News Agency of Nigeria said in a dispatch that the leader of the oil-rich nation, who was in a Saudi hospital for treatment in August, was likely to step down after a cabinet reshuffle expected soon.

"President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua may resign after a cabinet reshuffle, on health grounds," the agency said in a one sentence flash posted to clients.
Information Minister John Odey told AFP the report was a "fabrication".

Another presidential aide, who asked not to be named, called the report a "rumour" which he suspected was aimed at causing confusion in the West African regional powerhouse.

"We are also surprised that this rumour emanated from the News Agency of Nigeria. This smacks of deliberate sabotage and an attempt to cause chaos in the country," he told AFP.

"The president does not plan to resign and the issue has never been broached in any way," he added.

The state of his health is a regular subject of media speculation. And the report came on the day that the respected independent daily, The Guardian, carried an editorial entitled "The President's health and an anxious nation".

NAN later distanced itself from the resignation story. Its deputy editor-in-chief Olusegun Aribike said "we believe that it is a mischief maker at work".
The presidential aide said a probe has been launched into the origins of the report "for appropriate sanction". "Grave fabrication such as this will not be ignored," said the aide.

The information minister reportedly visited the NAN headquarters in Abuja after the dispatch was electronically mailed to some clients including AFP and most of the local media.

Yar'Adua, who turned 57 on August 16, was dogged by ill-health even during the campaign that brought him to power in April 2007.
The president went into hospital in Saudi Arabia while officially on a pilgrimage last month.

Details of his illness have never been officially made public, but he is believed to have a history of kidney problems.

Two days after he arrived back in office from the Muslim pilgrimage last week, Yar'Adua restructured his cabinet portfolios, without naming any ministers.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by ssRhino: 6:28pm On Sep 16, 2008
Big B1:

You can not blame Yar'Adua for anything; I personally blame OBJ for obvious reason.

But nevertheless, IBB still remains the right man for the job.

I blame Abacha for not killing OBJ when he had the opportunity to.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by Nigeria10: 6:28pm On Sep 16, 2008
what yar adua need at the moment is sun glass principle like abacha. When abacha wear the sun glass na different man. All the emirs in the north can not push him around. And they would not send him yeye candidate for minister position. All the northerner emir at that time, knows the meaning of abacha sun glass. it means say abacha don smooke india hemp. make anybody no near him. na joke o.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by Nigeria10: 8:38pm On Sep 16, 2008
This sun glass principle worked for abacha. when he got to power. the emir and sultan just them send  na different name for minister and control abacha. when abacha start to use the sun glass principle , even at 1 am in the night, abacha still dey wear sun glass. When he show dasuki who be boss. Or the other emirs get the message.

You see in canada, there are provinces and all of them run their own Nepa, university and everything. Them no need feederal , na wetin we need to do. That way, if Igbo man who head igbo people fail to built better road. Igbo man no go blame Yar adua.
This canadian provinces look for private company to build this project.

That why we need 3 provinces. anything more na useless.
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2008
$$Rhino:

I blame Abacha for not killing OBJ when he had the opportunity to.

OMGOSH!!! shocked
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by Afam(m): 10:01pm On Sep 16, 2008
Nigeria1@;:

You see in canada, there are provinces and all of[b] them run their own Nepa[/b], university and everything. Them no need feederal , na wetin we need to do. That way, if Igbo man who head igbo people fail to built better road. Igbo man no go blame Yar adua.
This canadian provinces look for private company to build this project.

That why we need 3 provinces. anything more na useless.

I no know say Canada get Nepa for dia.

Nigeria1, na you biko!!!!
Re: Nigerian Leader Could Resign - (Update: Claim has been denied) by EDIPO(m): 10:32pm On Sep 16, 2008
the first man to resign on grounds having to do with personal decision would earn lots of respect but naija leaders no dey tire.

they love this country so much, as OBJ said, age is a matter of the heart, abi?

cheers grin

(1) (Reply)

Who Does Dstv Take Us For! / Oshiomhole To Osunbor: Return Govt Cars In 24 Hrs / The Next 12 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.