Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,334 members, 7,860,824 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:51 PM

The Next 12 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Next 12 Months (780 Views)

Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months / National Assembly To Be Shut For Next 12 Months / FG Created 1.4 Million Jobs In 12 Months – Aganga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next 12 Months by pcmecom(m): 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2008
The following are the things to watch out for in nigeria
1. Most of the foreign investment from Uk and US in nigeria would be gradually redrawn from our financial,educational and even health sectors.
2. In the coming months the price of oil will fall below $40 for the first time in so many years.
3. The fall in the price of oil in the international market will eventually lead to the collapse of the US dollar as a currency.
4. This global financial crisis being experience will linger for a couple of years before full economic recovery will commence.
5. The eventual collapse of the US economy would create a "lacuna" in world affairs, this would lead to the emergence of developing countries including Nigeria

The above is not a prophecy nor is it a prediction, but is something that is going to happen in the world in the coming months. I have always said something similar in the past but I have been often times critise. To my critics in this forum "watch out and see what will happen"

The American economy will eventually collapse.
Re: The Next 12 Months by scottN(m): 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2008
I'm inclined to believing all ur predictions except for the one that has 2 do with American economy because being the largest market for so many products I find it hard to believe that the economy will collapse unless there is a proven formula in this aspect of which I don't know about
Re: The Next 12 Months by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2008
pcmecom:

1. Most of the foreign investment from Uk and US in nigeria would be gradually redrawn from our financial,educational and even health sectors.
2. In the coming months the price of oil will fall below $40 for the first time in so many years.
3. The fall in the price of oil in the international market will eventually lead to the collapse of the US dollar as a currency.

You lost me at 3 there.

Why would the fall in price of oil lead to collapse of the US dollar? Clue: US economy is not an essentially an oil economy.
Re: The Next 12 Months by scottN(m): 6:28pm On Dec 06, 2008
And let's not 4get that its d democrats who r coming into power and they seem 2 b well versed in the dynamics of d country's economy
Re: The Next 12 Months by asha80(m): 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2008
4. This global financial crisis being experience will linger for a couple of years before full economic recovery will commence.
5. The eventual collapse of the US economy would create a "lacuna" in world affairs, this would lead to the emergence of developing countries including Nigeria

I might sound pessimistic but i do not see any emergence of nigeria with the way things are going.What i see is emerging chaos
Re: The Next 12 Months by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:58pm On Dec 06, 2008
The U.S. economy is not going to fall apart.
Listen the US currency right now should be in shambles due to the sub-prime mortgage crises which is the root cause of the US recession, not oil.

But it is not because the US being the US just creates inflation tax, by producing US treasury bills and keeping there currency high.
The moral of the story is that the US should be in shambles but the the world still just in them and the greenback. They will still remain the power.

Just think about the repercussions if their biggest trading partner China wanted to move into the number one spot?
Re: The Next 12 Months by MaiSuya(m): 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2008
pcmecom:

5. The eventual collapse of the US economy would create a "lacuna" in world affairs, this would lead to the emergence of developing countries including Nigeria[b]

The above is not a prophecy nor is it a prediction,[/b] but is something that  is going to happen in the world in the coming months. I have always said something similar in the past but I have been often times critise. To my critics in this forum "watch out and see what will happen"

Interesting. but if its not a prediction or prophesy, pray, what the heck is it?

pcmecom:

and what exactly do you mean by the 'collapse' of the American ecnomy.
Re: The Next 12 Months by omitutu: 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

The US. economy is not going to fall apart.
Listen the US currency right now should be in shambles due to the sub-prime mortgage crises which is the root cause of the US recession, not oil.

But it is not because the US being the US just creates inflation tax, by producing US treasury bills and keeping there currency high.
The moral of the story is that the US should be in shambles but the the world still just in them and the greenback. They will still remain the power.

Just think about the repercussions if their biggest trading partner China wanted to move into the number one spot?

hehehehe. . . .economist
Re: The Next 12 Months by pcmecom(m): 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2008
@kobojunkie
 Very good question, one thing you must understand there are group of people who rule this world, these people have different names,but they generally like to be regarded as the "elites".These people unfortuately are not in politics or position of power, they are always behind the scenes pushing the buttons. The likes of Bush,Clinton and even obama are just their puppets while they are the puppet masters.

These people have numerous agenda some of which I have listed in my earlier post, they are bent on crashing the american economy so that is collapse would lead to the emergence of a N.W.O (New World Order), as seen on the US $1 bill.
This is how they intend to collapse the american economy:

1. Dollar is the world's foreign reserve, that is to say most countries store their foreign reserve in dollars inlcuding Nigeria.Oil is bought and sold in US dollars, prior to the global financial crisis we saw the price of oil rise to about $140, when the global financial crisis started in mid-september we saw the price of oil fall to its present level.

2. The fall in the price oil in the international market is an indication of the weakening US economy, the fall in price of oil as seen today we further weaken the already battered US economy and will eventually lead to its collapse.
Re: The Next 12 Months by scottN(m): 7:28pm On Dec 06, 2008
U seem 2 b sounding like an armageddon student, hwever i still don't c a direct correlation btw oil and d dollar or why u singled out d american dollar. Oil price cuts across all currencies. Whatever affects d dollar with respect 2 oil will affect others as well. Oil is an international and universal commodity. The american dollar is merely a way of determining product values internationally. Even if d dollar will fall it won't be a direct consequence of oil price falling.
Re: The Next 12 Months by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Dec 06, 2008
pcmecom:

@kobojunkie
  Very good question, one thing you must understand there are group of people who rule this world, these people have different names,but they generally like to be regarded as the "elites".These people unfortuately are not in politics or position of power, they are always behind the scenes pushing the buttons. The likes of Bush,Clinton and even obama are just their puppets while they are the puppet masters.

Oh boy!!! I walked right into this one!!

pcmecom:
  These people have numerous agenda some of which I have listed in my earlier post, they are bent on crashing the american economy so that is collapse would lead to the emergence of a N.W.O (New World Order), as seen on the US $1 bill.
This is how they intend to collapse the american economy:

1. Dollar is the world's foreign reserve, that is to say most countries store their foreign reserve in dollars inlcuding Nigeria.Oil is bought and sold in US dollars, prior to the global financial crisis we saw the price of oil rise to about $140, when the global financial crisis started in mid-september we saw the price of oil fall to its present level.

2. The fall in the price oil in the international market is an indication of the weakening US economy, the fall in price of oil as seen today we further weaken the already battered US economy and will eventually lead to its collapse.

You forgot to mention that during the same time we saw rise in oil, we also experienced the fall in the value of the dollar. The fall in the price is indication of the weakening dollar? Nevermind falling demand.
Re: The Next 12 Months by diggler(m): 8:50pm On Dec 06, 2008
pcmecom:

I say a big Amen to the final point (even tho signals on ground say different)

Since they are the biggest buyers of our oil (our only export) that will kind of make point five difficult to attain dont u think?
Re: The Next 12 Months by MaiSuya(m): 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2008
diggler:

I say a big Amen to the final point (even tho signals on ground say different)

Since they are the biggest buyers of our oil (our only export) that will kind of make point five difficult to attain don't u think?

not when you have China and India, esp China
Re: The Next 12 Months by auwal87(m): 1:37pm On Dec 07, 2008
@Poster

Hope for your Brothers what you hope for yourself.

So, it is not only Muslims that are praying for the Collapse of USA.

I think it is better to pray for USA to come back to the right path, then you see for yourself same.

But it isnt wise to wish USA destruction while you wish yourself Success, that is EVIL.

Please people try to be Just in your aims, this isn't good, better pray for betterment than pray for destruction.

Besides, check the value of naira to dollar now, heading towards N140 in just less than a week.
Re: The Next 12 Months by PapaBrowne(m): 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2008
pcmecom:

The above is not a prophecy nor is it a prediction, but is something that  is going to happen in the world in the coming months. I have always said something similar in the past but I have been often times critise. To my critics in this forum "watch out and see what will happen"

Why would the fall in the price of oil lead to the collapse of the US dollar as a currency?
Those seeking the New World Order as you claim are most likely Americans, right? So why would these so called "clandestine" American strategists want a collapse of the US dollar as a currency; something that would lead to the collapse of the American economy.

Isn't this so contradictory?Please explain how u mean because it hasn't made sense 2 me yet.
The drop in the price of oil can only help the Americans. They are saving $1.2 billion dollars daily with the new oil price.
American economy is not about to crash. America is about to experience the greatest economic boom known to mankind in the nearest future. Just watch.

Refer to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-204240.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu's Dismissal Final - Minister / Which Governor Will Marry A Yaradua Next / African View: Obama Snubs Nigeria? Just Think I Should Share This With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.