Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Business Name Registration In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Name Registration In Nigeria (51303 Views)

Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria / Trademark Registration in Nigeria / Company Registration In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by gajidele: 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2009
I have seen some names like " THE XYZ GROUP " What is the difference between names like this and " XYZ LTD" ? Is there a special requirement for registering names like the " THE XYZ GROUP "?

Many thanks.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2009
A group of companies means when you form "3 separate limited companies" you can now term them as a group after you apply to turn your company into a group of companies and the more you have individual companies the more you can lodge them under the group of companies tag!

E.G

1.Dangote cement (1 Company)

2. Dangote Sugar (2nd Company)

3. Dangote Flour (3rd Company)

All of them can now fall under the banner of Dangote Group of Companies with one CEO and probably the same set of directors running it all!

Cheers!
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by ellagold(m): 7:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
I suggest you can also contact Akin Alabi for his material on business registration thru this mail akinaalabi@yahoo.com. Good luck
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by jazzyluv28(m): 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2009
DO U KNOW YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET YOUR BUSINESS NAME REGISTERED WITHOUT THE HELP OF A LAWYER, I HAVE AND IT COST ME LESS THAN #5000 COMPARED TO WHAT THE LAWYER CHARGE PEOPLE.
WELL I HAVE A COMPLETE AND DETAILS RESEARCH ON HOW YOU CAN GET YOUR BUSINESS NAME REGISTERED WITHOUT A LAWYER IN LESS THAN 2WEEKS
CALL 08034927513
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by xtopius: 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2009
if any body in d house want to register any bussniss name i am hapy to tell u all that i am in that feid pls u can mail me on my mail xtopius4real@yahoo.com
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by gowaga68: 9:55pm On Feb 04, 2010
i would like to know what it will cost to register a venture company?
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by eros(m): 7:33pm On Apr 03, 2010
jazzyluv28:

DO U KNOW YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET YOUR BUSINESS NAME REGISTERED WITHOUT THE HELP OF A LAWYER, I HAVE AND IT COST ME LESS THAN #5000 COMPARED TO WHAT THE LAWYER CHARGE PEOPLE.
WELL I HAVE A COMPLETE AND DETAILS RESEARCH ON HOW YOU CAN GET YOUR BUSINESS NAME REGISTERED WITHOUT A LAWYER IN LESS THAN 2WEEKS
CALL 08034927513

The naija syndrome of taking short cuts instead of doing it right.

1 Like

Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by linkfactor: 6:16pm On Aug 16, 2010
eros:

The naija syndrome of taking short cuts instead of doing it right.
But he's actually right, from looking at CAC site. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg, or rather doesn't have to. Registering your company (not just business name) in the UK is about #20 GBP. It should only make sense.

I think.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by izeghs(m): 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2010
We specialize in providing company formation, administration and information services.

We help Limited Liability Companies incorporate their business within 24hrs (X-Express) for N95,000 or within 7 working days (Express) for N45,000 depending on what the preferred option is for the client. Business Name or Sole Proprietorship is 72 hrs for N20,000.

All packages comes with:
- 1 month free subscription to BusinessDay
- Free domain name (www.yourcompany.com)
- Free 5 corporate e-mail address
- Free 250 Business Card from SkiPrints

Other services we render includes:

-Shelf Business Name (Ready Made Name)
-Shelf Limited Liability Name (Ready Made Name)
-Shelf Sole Proprietorship Company (Ready Made Co.)
-Shelf Limited Liability Company (Ready Made Co.)
-Change of Name (Business Name)
-Change of Name (Limited Company)
-Incorporated Trustees
-New Company Name Search
-Trademark Registration
-Copy Right Registration
-Patent Registration
-Export License
-Stay Permit
-Business Permit
-USA Company Registration
-UK Company Registration
-South Africa Company registration

Our experienced team are available to help at any stage of the incorporation process, . Please don’t hesitate to call us (+234 818 502 9952 or +234 702 951 4941) or (e-mail; ) when you have any question.

Follow us on:
www.facebook.com/nimbouregistry
www.twitter.com/nimbouregistry
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by ineedajob: 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2011
izeghs:

We specialize in providing company formation, administration and information services.

We help Limited Liability Companies incorporate their business within 24hrs (X-Express) for N95,000 or within 7 working days (Express) for N45,000 depending on what the preferred option is for the client. Business Name or Sole Proprietorship is 72 hrs for N20,000.

All packages comes with:
- 1 month free subscription to BusinessDay
- Free domain name (www.yourcompany.com)
- Free 5 corporate e-mail address
- Free 250 Business Card from SkiPrints

Other services we render includes:

-Shelf Business Name (Ready Made Name)
-Shelf Limited Liability Name (Ready Made Name)
-Shelf Sole Proprietorship Company (Ready Made Co.)
-Shelf Limited Liability Company (Ready Made Co.)
-Change of Name (Business Name)
-Change of Name (Limited Company)
-Incorporated Trustees
-New Company Name Search
-Trademark Registration
-Copy Right Registration
-Patent Registration
-Export License
-Stay Permit
-Business Permit
-USA Company Registration
-UK Company Registration
-South Africa Company registration

Our experienced team are available to help at any stage of the incorporation process, . Please don’t hesitate to call us (+234 818 502 9952 or +234 702 951 4941) or (e-mail; ) when you have any question.

Follow us on:
www.facebook.com/nimbouregistry
www.twitter.com/nimbouregistry

You offer other people website domain registration yet you don't have any yourself - interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by adexpoil: 12:55am On Feb 10, 2011
@ rachiwise l'v just got my company name registered with a reasonable price,let me know if you still in need of this service,in other to link you up.

Regards

Prince
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by ayaba(f): 10:43am On Feb 10, 2011
adexpoil:

@ rachiwise l'v just got my company name registered with a reasonable price,let me know if you still in need of this service,in other to link you up.

Regards

Prince

I need to register a coy, kindly send me a your contact,
morenikeji_esther@yahoo.com
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by MrLawyer(m): 3:05am On Feb 14, 2011
I registers Business Name @ =N=8,500 and Limited Liability Company(Ltd.) of

"One Million Share Capital" @ =N=55,000 only.

My e-mail is = me.cac.matters@gmail.com

08070601359 (12.pm - 6.pm only)

1 Like

Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 11:23am On Apr 25, 2011
Mr. Lawyer:

I registers Business Name @ =N=8,500 and Limited Liability Company(Ltd.) of

"One Million Share Capital" @ =N=55,000 only.

My e-mail is = me.cac.matters@gmail.com

08070601359 (12.pm - 6.pm only)

I greet you oh!
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by slyB1(m): 7:56am On May 14, 2011
hello everyone; @lawyer pls i have some question about company registration
1,what determines the amount of share one will go for?
2,what is the minimum possible share capital to subscribe for?
3,is the share capital upgradeable?
Thanx
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by MrLAL: 12:58pm On Jul 19, 2011
I want to know about the people that have posted in the past, did they successfully had their business name registered? Was it around the 5000 naira? And how did they go about it?
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by nnamadi: 2:56am On Jul 20, 2011
MrLAL,
I just registered a business name at the CAC here in KD.These are some of the facts u should know; you can register a business name urself i.e without a lawyer, it will cost u OFFICIALLY N4450. N2OO for availability search, N250 for file and if it scales thru N4000 for the certificate.Also there is a CAC office in almost every state capital in the country.so, no wahala.i will however advise that u check akin alabi's blog he has the best info u can get on the subject.All the best
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by cashisland(m): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2011
Hi guys,business name registration is different from incorporation.Anybody can walk into cac office now at otunba jobifele way behind mko garden ikeja. Start with name search N250 after two weeks,pay N500 for file jacket for your details and two pasports.2 weeks later pay N4000 for name registratn and wait for your certificate.YOU DONT NEED A LAWYER TO DO THID! It cost just N4750. If you need further assistance reach men on 08188872208.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by MATTHEW59: 9:21pm On Aug 28, 2011
I want 2 know if a bank account can be opened after a biz name registration. Thanks
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 10:16am On Aug 29, 2011
MATTHEW59:

I want 2 know if a bank account can be opened after a biz name registration. Thanks

Hi, you are correct however you need a Tax identification No.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by Tuffy: 12:32pm On Dec 08, 2011
Hello ,
i m doing business of pharmaceuticals . now we are looking for preparing to registered our firm under the company act as private limited. i had been issue din no. now problem is that in form no 1A for compnay name registration in colum 7 the memorandom of association [moa] is required promoter . i dont known what i have to fill in this colum . and explane me how i get promoter detail under the govt of india. plz check under attach ment . this attach ment containing colum 7,

bpwfoundation.org
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by profedet: 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2011
[li]
HOW DO I PATENT IN NIGERIA
[/li]

Pls is there any consultant or Lawyer that can help me with the protocol or cost of patent right. I am into Product development, and i have some cool product ideas that will take on the Nigerian Market, but i need to know how to patent them, most of the product are meant for manufacturing industry and conglomerates
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 9:44pm On Dec 10, 2011
prof edet:

[li]
HOW DO I PATENT IN NIGERIA
[/li]

Pls is there any consultant or Lawyer that can help me with the protocol or cost of patent right. I am into Product development, and i have some cool product ideas that will take on the Nigerian Market, but i need to know how to patent them, most of the product are meant for manufacturing industry and conglomerates

May I humbly remind you that this post is about business name registration as intended by the original poster.
Please locate the thread on Trademark and Patent and you will get the info you require.
However, if you cannot locate the thread you may send me a mail at kleandenation@yahoo.ca

Tuffy:

Hello ,
i m doing business of pharmaceuticals . now we are looking for preparing to registered our firm under the company act as private limited. i had been issue din no. now problem is that in form no 1A for compnay name registration in colum 7 the memorandom of association [moa] is required promoter . i dont known what i have to fill in this colum . and explane me how i get promoter detail under the govt of india. plz check under attach ment . this attach ment containing colum 7,

bpwfoundation.org

This is businessname registration thread, it is slightly different from private limited company.
You sound as if you are in India, well you may locate the thread "FAQ on company registration" & others and you will find the info you need. Ultimately, what you need is an accredited Person with the company registry in Nigeria and they will fix all those query.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by ishmael(m): 12:26pm On May 28, 2012
Is it possible to open a corporate current acct with an ordinary business name? Pls i need this response urgently.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by daddikool: 6:41am On May 29, 2012
Go to this website www.mynaijalawyer.com , this is a one stop legal shop, want register your biz with CAC we can help you, need a lawyer for any Legal service at all in Nigeria we connect you to a lawyer near you.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by daddikool: 6:47am On May 29, 2012
Yes bro you can you can open an accnt in ur biz name as long as you have your CAC business registration certificate, take it to the bank of your choice , they would ask you to get tax identification number,and proof of residence water bill or nepa bill, then of course your personal details, drivers licence or international passport.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by daddikool: 7:14am On May 29, 2012
BUSINESS SERVICES ( Registration of the following with Coporate Affairs Commission) www.mynaijalawyer.com
Limited Liability Company
Non-Profit
Incorporation
Business Names
Trademarks
Patents
Legal Advisor
Website Design

PERSONAL SERVICES (We undertake the following with the Appropriate Authorities)
Last Will and Testament
Name Change
Power of Attorney
Living Trust
Living Will
Bankruptcy
Divorce
Personal Legal Advisor

OTHER SERVICES
Annual Reports
Copyrights
Real Estate Deed Transfer
Real Estate Lease Amendments
Forms and Agreements
ISBN, ISSN ...

Click on the link below to visit our site.
www.mynaijalawyer.com
0r Call 08057249102
[i]
How can we help you?
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by daddikool: 7:36am On May 29, 2012
daddi_kool: BUSINESS SERVICES ( Registration of the following with Coporate Affairs Commission) www.mynaijalawyer.com
Limited Liability Company
Non-Profit
Incorporation
Business Names
Trademarks
Patents
Legal Advisor
Website Design

PERSONAL SERVICES (We undertake the following with the Appropriate Authorities)
Last Will and Testament
Name Change
Power of Attorney
Living Trust
Living Will
Bankruptcy
Divorce
Personal Legal Advisor

OTHER SERVICES
Annual Reports
Copyrights
Real Estate Deed Transfer
Real Estate Lease Amendments
Forms and Agreements
ISBN, ISSN ...

Click on the link below to visit our site.
www.mynaijalawyer.com
0r Call 08057249102
[i]
How can we help you?
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by daddikool: 11:30am On May 29, 2012
freelance: Registering A Business Name

Hello Nairalanders,

I would like to register a business for my company. Does anybody in the house have any tips for a business name registration or a reliable and sure way it can be carried out? Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Safe

Visit http://www.MyNaijaLawyer.com and you problem is solved.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by daddikool: 2:23pm On May 29, 2012
gajidele: I have seen some names like " THE XYZ GROUP " What is the difference between names like this and " XYZ LTD" ? Is there a special requirement for registering names like the " THE XYZ GROUP "?

Many thanks.

MyNaijaLawyer.com is a one stop Legal online shop the first of its kind in Nigeria. MyNaijaLawyer offers affordable Legal services, whether it's forming a Limited Liability Company, Business Name, NGO Registrations, Trademarking a Logo or Copywrighting a website or publications, and all other litigation matters. We connect our clients with renowned lawyers within the country in all Legal matters. As a business person or individual there are legal matters you should be conversant...read more at www.mynaijalawyer.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami, His Mother, Wife Asba And Children Hang Out Together (Photos) / Mohammed Sani Dangote's Wedding In Malaysia (Photos) / 5 Mistakes That Can Keep You Broke For Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.