Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (127022 Views)

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by henry007(m): 3:47am On Oct 13, 2008
aah lemme add adiana lima -hot lips sexy face pretty thin so body=0 and gisselle bundchen the n again jessica simpson is their queen she's like 5 levels hotter than the rest witch is like 5 years of advanced hotness
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2008
Why? Well, I like Willis cuz of his subtle humor and I wanna be like him. Robert de Niro has got to be the most consistent actor ever. Meryl Streep I admire for her sheer load of achievement. And Julia Roberts I love because the whole wide world cannot be wrong. She IS a sweet heart. But I did mention that these are just a few, off the bat, of the actors/actresses I admire. I could make a long list but I won't.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2008
Channing Tantum

Terrence Howard

Leo Di caprio

Brad pitt

@Females

Jennifer Garner

Julia Roberts.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2008
You have to say WHY they're your kind of people.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by henry007(m): 8:45am On Oct 14, 2008
@ darefestus
and dont say brad pitt becoz of his body coz i'm tired of hearin dat which body sef?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 14, 2008
Well i cant admire him because of his body!

I'm not gay so why will i admire his body?

I just like him because the roles he plays in Movies are Concise

The same can be said of Antonio Banderas.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Chilily(f): 1:06pm On Oct 14, 2008
Miller wenthworth,denzel washington,(sean connery,RMD,2 of a kind),jennifer aniston,bee,anta bashan(pardon my spellings)gabrielle union,
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Chilily(f): 1:09pm On Oct 14, 2008
Miller wenthworth,denzel washington,(sean connery,RMD,Amitar bashan(pardon my spellings)d fine old boys associatn),jennifer aniston,bee,(pardon my spellings)gabrielle union,
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 1:37pm On Oct 14, 2008
I love Cate Blanchett and Emma Thompson - so uber talented
I admire Helen Bonham Carter for always going for the non-conventional : her and her man (Tim i adore you).
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2008
@iice
Totally agree about Blanchet.There are some actors who guarantee quality.I watch anything she's in.Though I'm not a Tom Wilkinson fan,I'm yet to come across anything he's in I'm sorry I watched. Tim who? Loved Bonham Carter in Fight Club,though she was almost overshadowed by Edward Norton's utter brilliance.And Brad was amazing.
@Henry
What if someone says which kain body sef about Adriana Lima? The woman's stunning. So's Brad. Wetin do di body? He's beautiful. Nice dispostion too.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 2:19pm On Oct 14, 2008
Tim Burton is his name and directing is his game. Trust iice with the weird and weirder.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 2:51pm On Oct 14, 2008
She's dating Tim Burton? Wow.
Another actress I've forgotten I liked:Kate Winslet. Wildly talented. Whatever happened to Kevin Spacey? I don't see his mug in movies anymore,and he was a firm favourite after American Beauty.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by henry007(m): 4:57am On Oct 15, 2008
chelize theron mmmh okay sha sophia bush of one tree hill she's haaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttt!!!!! brittany murphy, cutie
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 8:01am On Oct 15, 2008
vescucci:

Tim Burton is his name and directing is his game. Trust iice with the weird and weirder.

grin grin grin

Mad_Max:

@iice
Totally agree about Blanchet.There are some actors who guarantee quality.I watch anything she's in.Though I'm not a Tom Wilkinson fan,I'm yet to come across anything he's in I'm sorry I watched. Tim who? Loved Bonham Carter in Fight Club,though she was almost overshadowed by Edward Norton's utter brilliance.And Brad was amazing.

As opposed to those who you know will make 'questionable' movies, not to mention those who are a staple in those horrible movies that i wont let my cat watch *coughs Boll coughs* I've loved her in almost every role she has played and thankfully she rarely goes for those blah roles.

Mad_Max:

She's dating Tim Burton? Wow.
Another actress I've forgotten I liked:Kate Winslet. Wildly talented. Whatever happened to Kevin Spacey? I don't see his mug in movies anymore,and he was a firm favourite after American Beauty.
LOL yeah, you didn't know? She has like 2 kids for him now (not so sure if 1 or 2) and she has been in some of his movies of late, corpse bride, sweeney todd, charlie and chocolate factory. I think they make the perfect couple kiss Thankfully she'll be in Terminator 3, atleast i have something to look forward to there cheesy

Winslet is like this for me, i tend to forget her until i see her in a movie and am like, wow she's good but she doesnt make enough for me to remember that she's good so i forget about her till i see her again. Kevin spacey has this broodway house or whatever that he bought or was it renovated? So he's busy there. Anyways i like him alot too especially in those days of The usual suspects - him and Gabriel Byrne.

I adore Gary Oldman. His knack for accents is amazing, not to mention playing almost any role, from hero to villain, to normal to weird, to a count grin kiss and a wack job grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 10:43am On Oct 15, 2008
Believe it or not I just got to know Gary Oldman this year, when I happened to watch Leon the Professional, and the Dark Knight. I kept wondering where I'd seen the mustached honest cop before. I was doing something when it struck me and I thought, surely not- not the lunatic cop in Leon! But of course it was.

I don't know. Bonham Carter seems to be one of those talented but industry-overlooked types. I think she's only recently getting the exposure and recognition she deserves. Two kids. They're practically married! I haven't seen her performance in Wings of the Dove but someone highly recommended it. I've seen her in three movies so far and she was mentally unbalanced in one and strange in the others; Fight Club, Sweeney Todd and some Harry Potter movie or other. Will see Wings,but she's in brilliant company so far, and she happens to be in FIGHT CLUB, one of my all-time favourite movies. "Self-improvement is masturbation." "You are not a unique or beautiful snowflake." You're a philosopher,Tyler.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2008
Some people remain constant

i admire Angelina, Cate e.t.c

Im also falling for Aaron Eckhart

i just loff the dude kiss

i didnt know Adriana Lima was an actress o undecided
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Joseph6(m): 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2008
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0992596/

yes she's definitely an actress.
i like only nollywood and bollywood but holly wood, naaaaah
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 2:03am On Oct 16, 2008
@Max, only this year? shocked grin I loved him in Leon especially when he takes his drugs grin grin crazy!.

Yes i think so too @ Helen. And she doesn't really go for 'normal people' roles, well she was a bit normal in sweeney todd and charlie and the chocolate factory. She was also in Big Fish, Merlin (Movie made for TV) which happens to be the first time i really was wowed by her.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Olumitide(m): 12:59pm On Oct 16, 2008
Denzel Washinton, for keeping it real, for his humility.
Matt Damon, he's too cool for this world.
Bruce Willis, my favourite actor,the best thing that ever happened to American movies.
Billy Crystal, for his humour.
Natalie Portman, she's beautiful and smart and complicated, my kind of woman, and a great actress to boot.
Angelina Angelina Angelina
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2008
Good you like Willis. I don't feel like talking much but I'm a little flabbergasted Max didn't recognise Gary Oldman. I'm sure you've been seeing him around but maybe have been suffering from iice's Winslet syndrome. His more popular roles are; Lost in Space, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Sirius Black in three Harry Potter installments, Air Force One, The Scarlett Letter, the two Nolan Batman films and of course Leon (or the professional)
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2008
Gary Oldman is Sirius Black! I only took an interest in the guy this year o, after his insane and deliciously evil turn in Leon. Seen the Harry Potter movies, Air Force One and Batman Begins, but didn't know who he was. Will acquaint myself with his movies. 

Saw a young Bonham Carter yesterday in Hamlet,alongside Mel Gibson in the title role, Glenn Close,and Stephen Dillane - one of the reasons I sat down to watch. I just loved Dillane's performance as Mr Woolf in The Hours. His restrained,very proper,very English passion moved me at the train station scene with Nicole Kidman.  He didn't do much here except be Mel's best friend and see poor murdered papa's ghost. But I wasn't sorry I watched it. There was something dark and perversely thrilling about the near-incestrous intensity of Gibson's scene with Glenn Close in her bedchamber.

All this talk of Willis makes me want to watch Die Hard. The incomparable first instalment.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2008
Well, you do that Max; there's ne'er a dull moment with Willis. You seem like someone who would like all them historical romance books with the way you apparently are affected by Stephen Dillane "His restrained,very proper,very English passion moved me"

See ya around!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2008
OOh, i saw paycheck yesterday

and while my irritation of da Dude Ben Affleck grew

My love For Eckhart also Increased!!! kiss
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Tranngirls(f): 12:18am On Oct 19, 2008
Actors
Brad Pitt
Johnny Depp
Colin Farrell
Will Smith
Denzel Washington
George Clooney
Al Pacino
Andy Garcia
Tom Cruise
Jim Carrey

Actress
Eva Mendes
sofia vergara
Jessica Alba
Keira Knightley
Britney Spears
Scarlett Johansson
Jennifer Lopez
Penelope Cruz
Salma Hayek
Rosario Dawson
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 5:26pm On Oct 19, 2008
vescucci:

Well, you do that Max; there's ne'er a dull moment with Willis. You seem like someone who would like all them historical romance books with the way you apparently are affected by Stephen Dillane "His restrained,very proper,very English passion moved me"

See ya around!
Ves-cu-cci. Wow. You see a lot. Yeah, I love me some historical romances. Well, a good romance anyways. I like passions terrible, and yet subtle and pure. Which is why The English Patient made me weep buckets. Touched by Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon too. Two passions, one tempestrous,one restained,both fiery and pure. Ang Lee knows how to tell a love story. And don't roll your eyes at Brokeback Mountain because you're a guy. You know you love it.

Had a fabulous time with Willis and Rickman! Oh man. Rickman's voice is so deliciously rummy you could get drunk just listening to him.

Watched Kunfu Panda. Frigging hilarious.Got a couple of Aamir Khan DVDs to look forward to this week. He's my favourite Bollywood actor. Sexy as hell, and a real artist. Shahrukh Khan can be annoying, and often is,though I like some of his movies.Seen anything good lately?

@Tranngirls
Why do love them so? People, you have to say!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 8:01pm On Oct 19, 2008
DEmi moore!!

ooh, i admire this woman

her acting is so coool

kiss kiss
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by justkunmi(m): 9:15pm On Oct 19, 2008
I love Reese Witherspoon, to bits
She's my best actress alive, dunno why but i just love her face.

First saw her in Cruel Intentions, very old movie.
then Legally Blonde. .then Vanity Fair, . .

I withstood Just like Heaven because of her. . grin

She's not really in the high profile movies, but i love her acting, and her person,

dont ask me why. . .cos i really dunno grin

Then Charlize Theron is second on my list. .
This woman is BEAUTIFUL. . .as in womanly. .
and saw how fierce she could be in North Country

3rd is Katherine Heigl. .
She is just pure. , and beautiful. .
she has this innocent and subtle look. .that throws you away. .
Just like Reese, cant really explain why I love this girl. . grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2008
@justkunmi
What's with you and blondes? Reese Witherspoon was in Cruel Intentions! Is she old enough to have been in that movie? It's the American high school remake of the far superior Dangerous Liaisons, but it was pretty good too.

@Gamine
I haven't seen Demi Moore acting in anything these days. What's up with that? Only movie I've seen her in was BOBBY, along with a gazzilion other stars. I heard it was Emilio Esteve's directorial debut. Bobby Kennedy's speech at the end was rousing, and it underscores his compassion and the depth of his humanity, but the movie itself was inept. What's she been in recently? I remember I liked her in Ghost and this thing with Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson, I forget the title,some military law movie.It's one of those movies where you realise Tom Cruise can act.

Hmm, What do you like about Eckhart?His looks?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2008
Demi Moore is phased out. Taking nothing away from her previous performances. Out of all her films, A Few Good Men (used to be my favorite movie before I got all grown up and cynical) is by far her best. What made the film what that it wasn't carried solely on anybody's performance and they did have a fascinating story. Absolutely plausible. Can't say jack Nicholson didn't do it again though. One of my favorites. Followed by this one where she plays a a female marine.

Dangerous Liasons was indeed better than Reese' Cruel Intentions

That's why I cannot succinctly reply this post cuz I'm bound to forget someone and have to pay extra homage to sound convincing enough. Cate balnchett and Liv Tyler I both Adore. Former for sheer talent, later for some talent and sheer looks grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 3:34pm On Oct 20, 2008
Vesc, gerrout dia jo angry

i still like the woman! grin

@Madmax

Eckhart, i love his acting, his rugged looks, YEAH!

he has these eyes, that cannot go wrong , makes him look so innocent! kiss

@JustKunmi

yeah, we see the pattern undecided
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2008
Reminds me of some 'misconstruing episode'

Demi Moore, so great and all is still extinct. Her royal wonderfulness doesn't make her recent. She's side-lined is all. I believe it's got something to do with her sef. Just like Val Kilmer, he's great and everything but nobody knows where the bloke is.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2008
Vesc, go and watch Flawless jo tongue

@Mad

Demi was in Flawless, this year's movie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Photos: Meet Big Brother Nigeria 2017 Housemates / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 / Bbtitans: Ipeleng And Lukay Have Sex In The House (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.